Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

imgay posted:

Yeah yiff mafia taking forever to fill up.

lol never change

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

What’s the general consensus for big game vs small game? 15+ players is big?

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Yeah more than 15 is usually going into big game realm.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
The old rule was 15. We now live in lawless anarchy where only the strong survive.

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Alfrything is only the ghost of a memory...
I ride a bike and swing my flail

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

yay

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I expect a quality rolling start turbo.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

I'm trying to explain that I'm a person who wishes to live a very quiet life.
Super amped for Max

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Asphyxious posted:

Super amped for Max to the max

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?
I'm going to regret this aren't I.

But once again, the siren song of mafia lures me.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Asphyxious posted:

Super amped for Max

We'll see.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Yami Fenrir posted:

I'm going to regret this aren't I.

But once again, the siren song of mafia lures me.

okay i'm going to try to be restrained this game and not poo poo all over my keyboard day one, just for you

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

hambeet posted:

okay i'm going to try to be restrained this game and not poo poo all over my keyboard day one, just for you

I thought you said you were playing mafia :confused:

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

I like the cut of your jib quid

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
We're so close and I'm very excited to start this game.

I'd really like it to fill up so I can open the game tonight.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Scooby Scooby doo where are you?

I've asked auspol twice so no takers there. Anyone else want to canvas any of the other sometimes players they may know?

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

Hello

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
Didn't read the rules and I would've gotten away with it too if it wasn't for you meddling kids! :argh:

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Yay!

Now we just need one more to go!

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

TMMadman posted:

Yay!

Now we just need one more to go!

lmao

I just now realized as I was getting everything prepped that I made a mistake when posting the OP and this is only a 21 player game. I forgot to account for the fact that line 1 on my spreadsheet is for the column headers. :v:

So I'm closing this thread now and will be sending out the PMs shortly.

If the game does not reopen tonight, it will reopen ~8am CST tomorrow morning. Regardless of the opening, I will be setting the D1 deadline for Thursday at 9pm CST. However, if you would like to extend the deadline to Friday, I am fine with it. I just know most people don't like Friday deadlines.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Everyone was having a good time exploring the Carnival and finally beginning to relax, but suddenly things began to get strange. Moving back towards the center of the midway, the Mystery Inc gang felt the unseen eyes of something watching them. As they looked around for trouble, the same agitation swept through the crowd as it began to murmur around them . Glancing up, the gang saw the source of the commotion - the Coaster Creature!

The large, ugly creature roared from the top of the roller coaster track, before somehow sliding down the tracks to the station and scaring away the waiting riders. Leaping from the station, the monster ran towards the midway with a throng of screaming guests fleeing in front of it. Upending tables as it stomped through the food court, the thing seemed intent on causing as much chaos as possible. Charging down the midway, the Coaster Creature sent the remaining observers scattering for safety - luckily, most of the crowd made it out of the exit before the gates suddenly slammed shut, causing the Coaster Creature to sprint into the shadows and disappear.

After everyone came out of hiding, the remaining people gathered in the center of the midway and discussed their options. Since they were trapped in the Carnival, they all felt that they should have a little fun - the workers even agreed to open some of the attractions every day. The group of strangers weren’t sure who they could trust or what happened to that Coaster Creature, but it was on all their minds. In the end, they decided that they would try to solve this mystery and hope for the best.

--------------------------------------------------

Ticket Information:

:siren: You may use both your TICKET item and any powers you have on the same night. :siren:

You may hold on to your TICKET until a later day, but all items are first come, first serve.
You may redeem your TICKET by sending me a PM :siren: during the day :siren: with ‘REDEEM <item>.’

All items will be used by sending me a PM at night with ‘USE ITEM <Target>’.

Food items may be held and used on a later day, but Rides and Games must be used that night.

If you have a TICKET, one ticket may be exchanged for one the following attractions or items:

Rides:
Merry-Go-Round
Tiltl-a-Whirl

Game:
Shoot the Star

Food:
Popcorn
Corn Dog
Lemonade

-------------------------------------------------------

:siren: I would like everyone to please join the following discord server: https://discord.gg/aPcCmA :siren:

This will drop you into a blank discord channel where you will be unable to see anything and I will give you permissions to speak at the appropriate time.

edit - Those who wish to observe the game can also join that channel and PM to get permission to the Observer Chat.

Most of the Midway, Town Plot Device, has been scared away N0!

And away we go! Have fun and good luck!

TMMadman fucked around with this message at 13:38 on Sep 19, 2018

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 1

Not Voting (21): Anomalous Amalgam, Asiina, Asphyxious, b-minus1, Birdstrike, Dancer, Dick Bastardly, hambeet, imgay, King Burgundy, Max, merk, Monathin, Mr. F!, Mr. Humalong, Quidthulhu, Tommunist, willie_dee, Yami Fenrir, Your Personal Muse, Zyxyz

With 21 alive, it's 11 votes to execute. There is currently no deadline set.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I forgot to set the deadline before making votefinder post. However, I did decide to go with the Friday deadline since I felt like a Thursday deadline would be a little short.

If you come to a consensus and like the deadline to be earlier, well then you know what to do. :)

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

midway

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Also, the 2nd post has been updated and will contain the ticket information and list of attractions available for the day. I will mark items as sold in that post, so be sure to check it before you redeem your ticket.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

i legit had to google that word. i'd not really heard of it in that context nor have seen it used so many times.

we call it by a different name in australia - the colly wobbler.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I'm from Chicago. Home of the Midway.

The term originated at the World's Columbian Exposition in 1893 in Chicago. :)

One of our airports is named Midway. And the Chicago Bears are the Monster of the Midway. :)

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Confirming I'm in this game, hello

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Hey discord was pinging me then kicked me out. Rude.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

hambeet posted:

Hey discord was pinging me then kicked me out. Rude.

Yeah, I screwed up and had an open channel. I just deleted it.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

you would have gotten away with it too.....

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Folks, my investigative ability tells me there’s, like, TWO scum teams!

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Asphyxious posted:

Folks, my investigative ability tells me there’s, like, TWO scum teams!

For reals?

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

No I’m just trying to give AA ptsd.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
My investigation tells me y’all are dweebs

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Your Personal Muse posted:

My investigation tells me y’all are dweebs

Checks out

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
Hi

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
Scooby Doo? More like Scooby Don’t amirite

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Hello, I have no investigative abilities and am going to just go smoke some reefer in the back

##vote mags

OK bye.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

Game

• Locked thread