Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination
Really makes me wonder if the people who brought up the 'scum train hopping onto DB' on D2 are scum, because from what I can gather it isn't abnormal behavior to seek out some kind of lynch d1.

Mr. Humalong posted:

Looking at this and going off of Solus I'd say Hal, Toal, IS would be my strongest picks for scum in that group. On the fence about imgay and GGN. Would be shocked if AA or Dancer were scum being opportunistic.

and

SolusLunes posted:

##evolve Dancer

Now that the important stuff is out of the way, I just want to ask a single question.

Why the hell aren't we addressing the weird-as-gently caress attempted turbo on DB?

Seriously, look at that. If you don't think most of scum is in that list, lol.

And if there was such a push on DB then, why isn't there one now? E+ is the only one with a vote on him, and I don't see him as scum.

Seem scummier to me now. Plus once again people I think are scummy bring up E+ as townish, despite me thinking E+ is scummy.

I just see these connections.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Slamburger posted:

We may want to discuss if we want to lurkerkill GGN and ASF before hammering. I'm busy at work at the moment but can re-read and maybe post some thoughts a little later.

Yeah, that was why I unvoted earlier.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

I think it's -2 now pals.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4

Dick Bastardly posted:

going back to work, I fully expect to be dead soon. Then you'll see, YOU'LL ALL SEE (the carnage is only begining)

##evolve E+

thanks for trying to make me look bad by association, you scumbo hack

but also thanks for your pledge to make me big and strong

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Humalong also hasn't addressed the question of what he did last night that Dancer wanted to know about.

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

I now have several regrets.

:barf:

Mr. Humalong posted:

That’s -1, time to see if DB will jump on his own grenade

If he doesn't, please nobody else hammer him. I will do it, and I can take the explosion if he actually is a bomb.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Shoot ASF, I’m on the fence about GGN.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Toalpaz posted:

I think it's -2 now pals.

im dumb its -1

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

IllegallySober posted:

Humalong also hasn't addressed the question of what he did last night that Dancer wanted to know about.

I don’t dance on command. My action failed so I have no idea what Dancer is looking for.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Also, especially given Hal's flip, I'll vote to ##evolve Sal

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4

Mr. Humalong posted:

blood, blood, blood

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

IllegallySober posted:

Also, especially given Hal's flip, I'll vote to ##evolve Sal

Reread, he says he can't evolve so never mind.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Mr. Humalong posted:

suddenly Im less sure about this shooting thing. Lets be friends together everyone.

##vote DB

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Toalpaz posted:

Really makes me wonder if the people who brought up the 'scum train hopping onto DB' on D2 are scum, because from what I can gather it isn't abnormal behavior to seek out some kind of lynch d1.

and

Seem scummier to me now. Plus once again people I think are scummy bring up E+ as townish, despite me thinking E+ is scummy.

I just see these connections.

It’s not abnormal but it’s shady as all hell to start a last minute train. I can’t help that it turns out DB is a filthy liar and was caught out by a lurker who sat on him two nights in a row.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Toalpaz posted:

suddenly Im less sure about this shooting thing. Lets be friends together everyone.

##vote DB

Nice hammer, scum

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
:redhammer: Dick Bastardly, we hardly knew ye :(

Votecount for Day 3

Dick Bastardly (8): imgay, Slamburger, Dancer, Toalpaz, SalTheBard, Epsilon Plus, SalTheBard, Toalpaz, A Sometimes Food, A Sometimes Food, A Sometimes Food, IllegallySober, IllegallySober, SalTheBard, Mr. Humalong, Toalpaz
A Sometimes Food (0): SalTheBard, SalTheBard

Not Voting (7): Anomalous Amalgam, Atomic Soda, Dick Bastardly, GenericGirlName, Hal Incandenza, IllegallySober, SolusLunes

With 15 alive, it's 8 votes to execute. The current deadline is September 21st, 2018 at 4 a.m. CEST -- that's in about 2 days, 8 hours.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

DB wants us dead that should tell you everything.

IllegallySober posted:

And immediately tried to push a lurker gun firing on me instead. They're scum, when I flip and everyone sees I'm what I said I was remember who pushed for the lurker shots. Scum know who's scum.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

:redhammer:

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

##evolve AA

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

My bad, missed the hammer.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?
Dick Bastardly, Voltorb (Scum-Aligned Roleblocker) has been lynched Day 3.

Imgay evolves!

It is now Night 3.

Yami Fenrir fucked around with this message at 18:53 on Sep 18, 2018

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?
Toalpaz, ???, ???-Aligned ??? has been killed Night 3.

IllegallySober, ???, ???-Aligned ??? has been killed Night 3.

It is now Day 4.

Yami Fenrir fucked around with this message at 16:31 on Sep 19, 2018

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Well that's unhelpful.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Also

##vote Humalong

For being part of the "shoot all lurkers push" which killed a town snd would have killed me, also town. Your objections to the day 2 DB train are also part of this.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

A Sometimes Food posted:

Also

##vote Humalong

For being part of the "shoot all lurkers push" which killed a town snd would have killed me, also town. Your objections to the day 2 DB train are also part of this.

You mean the day 1 last second train that you were not part of because you were lurking? If you’re going to try and lunch a town member at least get your mischaracterization narrative right.

Lurkers are basically scum. You’re a lurker. And also scum.

Dancer
May 23, 2011

Yami Fenrir posted:

Toalpaz, ???, ???-Aligned ??? has been killed Night 3.

You have sinned. You denied me the choice of whether to fire the lurker gun, and you denied me my use of Metronome. The gods have judged you. You were found lacking.

(last night's metronome rolled "judgement", a juggernaut/janitor vig. I couldn't withhold the janitor part)

Dancer
May 23, 2011
Humalong I still wait to hear what you did the night before last.

##vote Humalong

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Dancer posted:

Humalong I still wait to hear what you did the night before last.

##vote Humalong

I already told you my action failed that night.

Dancer
May 23, 2011
Huh. Must've missed it. Does this make 4 failed actions? I counted 3 (and missed Humalong.

So yeah, I metronomed you and rolled roleblock. When I counted 3 roleblocks on not-you, I assumed a redirect happened and I wanted to check.

Of course it's still possible, but I'll need to think it through.

##unvote

Slamburger
Jun 27, 2008

I'm (probably) responsible for Toalpaz's death, and if it was me, Toalpaz was scum, or at least a killer of some sort.

I have the ability Dancer alluded to yesterday, Powder. If the player I target tries to kill someone, they die. I targeted Toalpaz.

Other info from my previous nights:

N1 SolusLunes. Succeeded but nothing happened so Solus didn't kill anyone N1
N2 DickB

Dancer
May 23, 2011

Slamburger posted:

I'm (probably) responsible for Toalpaz's death, and if it was me, Toalpaz was scum, or at least a killer of some sort.

I have the ability Dancer alluded to yesterday, Powder. If the player I target tries to kill someone, they die. I targeted Toalpaz.

Other info from my previous nights:

N1 SolusLunes. Succeeded but nothing happened so Solus didn't kill anyone N1
N2 DickB

Can confirm the ability, but it was me who blew up Toalpaz (as well).

Slamburger
Jun 27, 2008

Dancer posted:

Can confirm the ability, but it was me who blew up Toalpaz (as well).

Oh ok, gotcha, I mis-read your other post. So I guess we don't know if he's scum then. I agree that it was sketchy how he ended the day which it one of the reasons I targeted him.

Given the second kill he's probably not scum then.

Slamburger
Jun 27, 2008

Probably shouldn't have claimed then, but whatever town has tons of good power roles around.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

I meant you threw shade on people for the D1 DB vote on day 2 Humalong, trying to help out a scumbuddy. Also I missed it cause it was like 5am my time.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
I tried to protect our Watcher Imgay last night, but my action failed. These janitored flips are really loving unhelpful.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

Dancer posted:

You have sinned. You denied me the choice of whether to fire the lurker gun, and you denied me my use of Metronome. The gods have judged you. You were found lacking.

(last night's metronome rolled "judgement", a juggernaut/janitor vig. I couldn't withhold the janitor part)

I think it's probably safe to assume Toalpaz is scum then? I couldn't see town having a juggernaut/janitor vig.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
My action failed last night

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

A Sometimes Food posted:

I meant you threw shade on people for the D1 DB vote on day 2 Humalong, trying to help out a scumbuddy. Also I missed it cause it was like 5am my time.

Well yeah it was a super shady last minute push started solely by another lurker saying “he’s scum I just know it”.

I HATE pushes like that, because 9 times out of 10 it results in a town member getting lunched. Of course I had no way of knowing DB was scum for sure until day 3 when two people had used their night actions on him and could confirm he was the roleblocker.

Day 2 it seemed like an opportunistic push by scum to lunch a guy who posts scummily, when in reality it was a lurker making a completely lucky guess and having people jump on it. Well, besides IS and Solus who I think were around for day 1 deadline but weren’t willing to hammer? IS is dead now and we got no flip, which is strange for a scum night kill considering there probably aren’t many scum left.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

SalTheBard posted:

I think it's probably safe to assume Toalpaz is scum then? I couldn't see town having a juggernaut/janitor vig.

You’re misreading. Dancer’s metronome gave him that ability so he used it on Toalpaz.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dancer
May 23, 2011

SalTheBard posted:

I mean, Judgement was just drawn from the big pool of actions. This is how Metronome has worked the entire game. It says nothing about his allignment.

But yes, I do think he's reasonably likely to be scum. I wouldn't have targetted him otherwise.

• Locked thread