Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Keikos role as a teacher is a cover for her being ds9’s connect

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Bombadilillo posted:

I might be making this up but I vaguely remember a joined trill being allergic to something they weren't before? So yeah they are sharing all the ingesting things.

niiiiiice

Pick posted:

so that's why the school gets shut down so fast

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal

Pick posted:

Ensign Nog infiltrates the school to pose as a student and crack Keiko’s drug ring in a new dramatic spinoff

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Law & Order: DS9

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Snow Cone Capone posted:

Law & Order: DS9

Law & Order: Cardassia is its more popular spinoff tho it’s gotten a little predictable

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal
Would the episodes be like 4 minutes long since every case ends with an execution, or like 4 hours long with a buncha Cardie lawyers monologuing ad nauseam

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Bit of trivia; That's the first onscreen same-sex kiss, apparently.

not the first, just the best

TV Guide's listing for The Man Trap, 1966:

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Bitch hell yeah that’s what I’m about!!!!

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

FuturePastNow posted:

:lol:

This unironically owns

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

Jadzia gets to experience Kurzon stroking his old man dick to thoughts of her whenever she takes a stroll down memory lane.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I was just thinking that. Woooph.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Jadzia is so sexually liberated because she has recent memories of loving so hard he died.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

FuturePastNow posted:

mods pls change name to Spaceman Spock tia

I wonder what William Shatner would think about the "no-nonsense space ship captain" line

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Pick posted:

Law & Order: Cardassia is its more popular spinoff tho it’s gotten a little predictable
keeping up with the cardassians (i know its old but i have always wanted to use it)

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

HD DAD posted:

Would the episodes be like 4 minutes long since every case ends with an execution, or like 4 hours long with a buncha Cardie lawyers monologuing ad nauseam

Episodes tend to run long. The first suspect is always guilty, of course, but it usually turns out that the victim and a couple of the witnesses were also guilty of crimes.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Facebook Aunt posted:

Episodes tend to run long. The first suspect is always guilty, of course, but it usually turns out that the victim and a couple of the witnesses were also guilty of crimes.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Facebook Aunt posted:

Hell yeah

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Pick posted:

I was just thinking that. Woooph.

Everything about that relationship is just, Christ, jadzias existence is an unimaginable nightmare

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Academia all over

Eighties ZomCom
Sep 10, 2008

Facebook Aunt posted:

Wouldn't be more that everyone is guilty of something, you just have to figure out what?

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Sisko on the phone with Kai Wynn "I don't give a hot gay gently caress what the prophets say! LEGALIZE WEED DUDE!"

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the fish gallbladdΣrs!

EvilTaytoMan posted:

Wouldn't be more that everyone is guilty of something, you just have to figure out what?

Ok that's 3 generic episode templates then:
1) during a quick trial of the original suspect, a complex new conspiracy begins to unfold around unexpectedly involved parties... who's in on this bigger plot?
2) although there's no concrete evidence, there's also no smoke without fire - and something is rotten in the state of Cardassia.Something just doesn't seem to add up about a situation Detective Dukat has encountered in his daily life. He's going to find out what smells so fishy.
3) it's another successful conviction - but Detective Dukat can't let it go. He's too good a cop for that. It's not enough to defeat the criminals. He must also find out how they were able to cause so much damage - and why they'd even want to. A howdunnit/whydunnit.

Fake edit: 4) criminals realising they were wrong: hard labour, but a harder enlightenment. 4 lightenment.

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

Years after the Dominion War and installation of the reconstruction government the next series has the occasional acquittal. Die hard fans hate it and complain of SJWs ruining the franchise.

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Pick posted:

Academia all over

Ezri got off lucky just blundering into the slug imo

Cessna
Feb 20, 2013

KHABAHBLOOOM

Facebook Aunt posted:

:perfect:

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

IT CAN'T BE BARGAINED WITH.
IT CAN'T BE REASONED WITH.
IT DOESN'T FEEL PITY, OR REMORSE, OR FEAR.
AND IT ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT STOP, EVER, UNTIL YOU ADMIT YOU'RE WRONG ABOUT WARHAMMER
Clapping Larry

simplefish posted:

1) during a quick trial of the original suspect, a complex new conspiracy begins to unfold around unexpectedly involved parties... who's in on this bigger plot?
2) although there's no concrete evidence, there's also no smoke without fire - and something is rotten in the state of Cardassia.Something just doesn't seem to add up about a situation Detective Dukat has encountered in his daily life. He's going to find out what smells so fishy.
3) it's another successful conviction - but Detective Dukat can't let it go. He's too good a cop for that. It's not enough to defeat the criminals. He must also find out how they were able to cause so much damage - and why they'd even want to. A howdunnit/whydunnit.

Fake edit: 4) criminals realising they were wrong: hard labour, but a harder enlightenment. 4 lightenment.

Yeah I'd watch Law & Order: Cardassia.

Far better than Law & Order: Edo which is just no one committing any crimes until 9 episodes in someone accidentally walks on the grass and immediately gets executed.

Kitchner fucked around with this message at 22:48 on Sep 19, 2018

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

I'm only 3 seasons into DS9 right now but I'd totally watch an Odo-centric procedural show (I mean half the episodes I've seen so far are already basically that anyway)

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Snow Cone Capone posted:

I'm only 3 seasons into DS9 right now but I'd totally watch an Odo-centric procedural show (I mean half the episodes I've seen so far are already basically that anyway)

You get some like that. Including a Noir episode that's just the tops,

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

idea for fanfic: Odo, Moriarty and ______ have to solve a crime that threatens to _______

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Moriarty rules and also it's great because my wife's been streaming episodes of The Nanny on the kitchen tv while she makes dinner and I inevitably end up hitting play again when I do the dishes

lol but
Feb 24, 2007

body is a dinosaur
Slippery Tilde
i loving love the moriarty episode, don't believe i've ever caught the sequel. when he shows data the picture of the enterprise i find it highly satisfying.

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!

Al Borland Korn posted:

Sisko on the phone with Kai Wynn "I don't give a hot gay gently caress what the prophets say! LEGALIZE WEED DUDE!"

Kai Wynn need Bajoran Weed to stay illegal because she's secretly the leader of the cartel that runs it from here all the way out to the Neutral Zone. Being illegal means the price stays high, it's a highly valuable crop that bring her the farmers a lot of needed income for the planet.

Granted, it takes about 100x the resources to grow it as it does wheat, but she they make like 10000X more selling it than they can that wheat. With that kind of money, they can BUY wheat.

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

simplefish posted:

There is a very special episode where they convict their man, but then another person comes forward and claims to actually be the criminal, and that the convicted person was completely innocent. The episode has a happy ending though, when after his interrogation the troublemaker agrees to get treated for their obvious mental illness. The episode ends as he leaves for his lobotomy

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

lol but seriously I posted:

i loving love the moriarty episode, don't believe i've ever caught the sequel. when he shows data the picture of the enterprise i find it highly satisfying.

Yhe sequal is even better and satisfying all around. Go watch its on Netflix

lol but
Feb 24, 2007

body is a dinosaur
Slippery Tilde
why the gently caress would they play the sherlock game again? ooh strychnine getting Poirot flashbacks

lol but
Feb 24, 2007

body is a dinosaur
Slippery Tilde

Bombadilillo posted:

Yhe sequal is even better and satisfying all around. Go watch its on Netflix

doing so now. BARCLAY sighted

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

lol but seriously I posted:

doing so now. BARCLAY sighted

Awesome. I await your thoughts after. Super cool reveals top tier trek scifi

lol but
Feb 24, 2007

body is a dinosaur
Slippery Tilde
moriarty dropping some exposition bombs. kinda lame for data to be "solving" a mystery he already knows the solution to.

lol but
Feb 24, 2007

body is a dinosaur
Slippery Tilde
Final thoughts:

-goddam barclay is a clammy nerd
-six seasons in picard takes all this totally in stride
-picard quite visibly only gives a fractional poo poo about the sentient life forms under his stewardship
-a direct collorary being his problematic viewpoints regarding the consent of holographic entities
-not totally convinced by the countess's accent
-holo clone of geordi looking gone out is indistinguishable from the real thing
-called the holodeck in a holdeck thing when the chair transport records were empty. i have successful outfoxed a four decade old television program
-so they live their lives in a little box in barclay's goon hovel and picard is immediately over the whole situation
-goddam it barclay

pretty good imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
barclay