Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

So many kitties :3: I cannot possess them all :qq: *

* that's what Bill Bailey really meant.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boogalo
Jul 8, 2012

Meep Meep

Milly megapostin.

https://i.imgur.com/UBrzKZ3.gifv

She is a ridiculously snuggly beast who drools everywhere, has stinky farts, and spends her time sleeping on me, chirping at birds, and chasing her adoptive sister around the house.

Boogalo fucked around with this message at 20:11 on Sep 19, 2018

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Boogalo posted:

Milly megapostin.

You had me at

Is she very trappy or just occasionally bitey? Noot is still not getting the not-bitely part.

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

I'm just exploding with mackerel. This is the aji wo kutta of my discontent.
Pillbug

Sientara
May 27, 2012

Does she always wrap her tail around her paws like that? My mom's cat does, so I call her Miss Priss.

Boogalo
Jul 8, 2012

Meep Meep

ewe2 posted:

You had me at

Is she very trappy or just occasionally bitey? Noot is still not getting the not-bitely part.

She will very gently love bite for attention. Tummy trap is more of a playtime thing and I have to get her pretty riled up for it to happen, any other time you can stick your face in there and blow raspberries and she doesn't give a poo poo. For all of the kicking and clawing she does she never leaves a single scratch and is extremely gentle. A sweetie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qfDMqJYCUzo

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

Pillbug

Sientara posted:

Does she always wrap her tail around her paws like that? My mom's cat does, so I call her Miss Priss.

Fairly often, but not always! Just before bed I caught her sitting in almost that pose, except the right foot was sticking way out. She's a funny little bean. :3:

She's getting a BIT better about buying. Hopefully teething ends soon.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Boogalo posted:

She will very gently love bite for attention. Tummy trap is more of a playtime thing and I have to get her pretty riled up for it to happen, any other time you can stick your face in there and blow raspberries and she doesn't give a poo poo. For all of the kicking and clawing she does she never leaves a single scratch and is extremely gentle. A sweetie.

lucky you, I have cuts in my leg from Noot just trying to get my attention (so I clip her nails and she hates it). But she needs and gets regular cuddles every day, so it's not all ouch.

edit: OH HAI

ewe2 fucked around with this message at 04:47 on Sep 20, 2018

AMISH FRIED PIES
Mar 6, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Here's a three-parter from when Chloe had started to properly settle in to this home.

THE PET

THE SNIFF

THE CHOMP

Doc Walrus
Jan 2, 2014

Cryin' Chris is a WASTE.
Nap Ghost
Regardless the Cat is that Tom Waits song "What is He Building In There", except with fur

Femtosecond
Aug 2, 2003

Here's my calico, Heidi. I just adopted her from a cat sanctuary a few months ago and she's my first cat. She's 7.

She is also very noisy! Making all sorts of grumpy grunts all the time. Even if she sounds like she may be annoyed at me, she's a cream puff and seemingly doesn't know how to bite or use her claws.

She's a lazy ground dwelling cat so she's pretty overweight but we're working on it!

Femtosecond fucked around with this message at 00:38 on Sep 23, 2018

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

I wish Noot forgot how to use claws. It's very weird to be attacked with claws and teeth from a purring cat. Noot is currently yowling from the bathroom that I should go and catch her.

Doc Walrus
Jan 2, 2014

Cryin' Chris is a WASTE.
Nap Ghost
actually this thread needs a lot more Regardless.

she's really mean!

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

Pillbug
Beautiful cats everyone :kimchi: good job!

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

I'll be haunting youuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Doc Walrus
Jan 2, 2014

Cryin' Chris is a WASTE.
Nap Ghost

AMISH FRIED PIES
Mar 6, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Chloe got super cozy in my lap the other morning and let me rub her feets!

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

This thread has a distinct lack of Lulu.

Private time by Doug Hardy, on Flickr

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Welcome Lulu! Also Noot's feet are pink; that's another genetic variation with calicos/torties, I think there are some even with dark mottles on toepads.

GenericGirlName
Apr 10, 2012

Why did you post that?
Hi I have a picture of my roommate's cat for you all.

This is Princess Peach. We only ever call her peach (or porch, or beech, or bacon, or baconator, or pork-rind....)

She's gotten...big lately(the last few weeks)...

we hope to get her back to her trim state(Oct. 2017, back when that couch was BRAND NEW.)

Will I remember to post more?

Peach doesn't know.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Post more Peach!

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

Pillbug

Dainty socks.

Chef Bourgeoisie
Oct 9, 2016

by Reene
Felt the need to post some more Pequod:

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

I'm a caaaaaaaaat I'm a caaaaaaaaaaaat

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

TODAY'S GONNA BE A GOOD MOTHERFUCKIN' DAY!!!
I've started taking videos with my phone to better capture the majesty of my cats.

Here's Sukha: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=73oDp5gXuSQ

and Shakti: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_eZtZPVZyI

Boogalo
Jul 8, 2012

Meep Meep

https://i.imgur.com/RMgmf1g.mp4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xnNHjR-1mo0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1fodoonZ9Zo

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Yesss human, continue.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Calico snipe cross-post from SC thread courtesy of Neltharak

The Last Creed Fan
Aug 1, 2016
Torties are my favorite cats - I have several cats to contribute! Sadly I have yet to find a picture of the tortie (Jewel) that started it all, but here are pictures of my other girls:

(so much hair for a short haired cat!)

This is Jewelietta, my first cat. (Jewel was my mom's cat). She was the only tortie from her mother Jewel's litter, and seven year old me thought Jewel + ietta would make a great name. She lived to be 16, and was an awesome cat. She loved stroller rides all her life - we took her and her siblings for fast stroller rides in the backyard when they were kittens, running around until they fell out, and somehow this created a positive memory for her. She was also known for giving very firm head bonks, and sharing your drink - whether you wanted to share it or not. She had two tortie kittens, but sadly my parents nixed the idea of us keeping them.

Cassandra (Cassie 1). Third tortie, got her as a tiny kitten. She's 13 now, and a bit crotchety - she lived with two other cats most of her life, but when they both passed away in the same year, something in her broke, and she decided she was meant to be an only cat. This has been problematic, as my family got another cat, and despite several years passing, she continued to attack it on sight. Ultimately, she ended up coming to live with me when her poorly managed diabetes almost killed her. Since being nursed back to health, she's gone to live with my husband - she unfortunately didn't take to my other two girls, either. She's a very sassy Cass - she will have quite involved conversations with anyone who's willing to talk to her, sits on my husband's chest right in front of his face or on his laptop, helps out by sitting in the middle of puzzles, and gently swats legs if she feels she's being ignored.

Kiwi! There's one beautiful picture of her laying next to a decorative tree she knocked over, but I can't find it. She was an amazingly determined and upbeat cat. She was allergic to the plaque on her teeth, and despite medication, she constantly had issues with drooling, and all but four teeth eventually fell out. In spite of that, she played a mean game of fetch, chasing after balled up plastic bags and even leaping into piles of paper or laundry after them, then bringing them back. Or just standing next to the bag and waiting for you to throw it again, if her mouth was bothering her too much that day. She was semi-famous at the local Arby's, as my family would often get her some extra roast beef when we went there. The one cashier even got to meet her, when we took her for a car ride the night before she passed. She left us far too young, but she was a happy and loving cat despite her condition.

Tina and Cassie (Cassie 2). We meant to rename them, especially given the possible Cassie confusion... but the names stuck. I met them as terrified little kittens, who hissed whenever I opened the cage door, put my hand near the cage, etc. With a lot of time and patience, though, I was able to pet both of them as they purred. Just before adopting them, I glanced through their paperwork, and found that the shelter was considering listing them as barn cats, due to their inability to be socialized. I hesitated for just a second before writing the last signature - what was I getting myself into? Two of the best friendships I've had, as it turns out. With lots more patience, and a ton of courage from them (they went through two multi hour moves as we gradually made our way from one end of the province to the other), they've turned out to be some of the friendliest, most loving cats I've ever met. They're constantly at my side when I'm at home (Tina will even greet me at the door so we can have Tina time), and though they still struggle somewhat with strangers (Cass especially), they've made friends with several people after multiple visits. Cass gives excellent hand boops, and Tina is always (ALWAYS) up for a cuddle. I'm very lucky to have them.

(Apologies for the full size of the timg pics, and weird sizing in general, I'm still getting the hang of inline image links!)

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

What a lovely collection of torties, lucky to have you as their human!

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

TODAY'S GONNA BE A GOOD MOTHERFUCKIN' DAY!!!

Shakti: "Can I keep him?"

AMISH FRIED PIES
Mar 6, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
I ate a really big bowl of tomato soup and Chloe sensed the warmth of my tum and wanted to share:

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Noot is a cat who moves too fast for an average phone camera to catch up with, they're optimized for light not speed, and also there's a problem that when she knows I'm paying attention she wants to roll over and cat-trap even if it means falling off the cat tree. So in the last few days Noot has realized she's big enough to get on top of the cat tree and try and reach those naughty spiders who won't let her eat them. It took 20 pictures to get these.

Also discovered that if she uses my lap as a springboard she can get on the table and demand cuddles. Getting the pix of that will be harder than these attempts to capture her on the cat tree:

Bonus bench idiot:

GenericGirlName
Apr 10, 2012

Why did you post that?

Boogalo
Jul 8, 2012

Meep Meep

Volume up for purrbox.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R4c5UvCw_E0

AMISH FRIED PIES
Mar 6, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
My wife made a purrito out of Chloe today:

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

They're so cute when they're asleep :3:

owls or something
Jul 7, 2003

Noodles is a good cat. We got her in June. About 1 year old, loves people, tummy scratches and chirping for attention. Good cat.

Boogalo
Jul 8, 2012

Meep Meep

Milly left the comfort of her heated bed to crawl over to my desk and sleep on me.

This is fine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

:3: :kimchi: :3: