Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Kibayasu posted:

RE1 was juuuust a bit different than REmake, mind you. Even as soon as RE2 came out I remember looking at RE1 and going “That wasn’t actually all the good.”
I hope you've matured since then and realized RE1 is real good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.
all re games except gun survivor are bad

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

I played though 4-7. Should I play 0, 1 or Revolution 1/2 next ?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

fit em all up in there posted:

I played though 4-7. Should I play 0, 1 or Revolution 1/2 next ?

Remake of 1 definitely

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

Hello! I see you.

Playing RE1 (preferably the Director's Cut) before the remake might not be a bad idea either. You'll be able to appreciate the changes more if you're familiar with the original, and there's also a lot of stuff in the remake that was designed to mess with RE veterans.

RE0 should only be played if you want to laugh at the terrible plot.

Pb and Jellyfish
Oct 30, 2011

BiggerBoat posted:

People are mixed on it but Alien: Isolation did a really great job with this.

Yeah I would agree with that completely. The legwork done by the film gave them a great setting and they knocked it out of the park. I've only played a few hours but the joy of the setting is definitely a huge part of the appeal.

I probably won't do another playthrough of REmake, at least not for quite a while, but I am really curious about a few things

What stuff was in remake that wasn't in the original? And did they remove anything from the first?

What actually triggers the crimson heads ? I actually was geared up with kerosene to go burn all the zombies I'd killed, but apparently I was too late. Also I killed almost every zombie so that made things really fun!

What do you have to do to save the guy with the snake bite? Because I tried to get to him quickly but I guess I faffed about a bit too much. Do you have to have the serum on you?

What can/do you use the self defense gun for?

What possible outcomes are there for the rooftop fight? Does it make a difference how you kill him or anything like that?

What endings are there for Lisa Trevor? Is there a definitive/canonical fate for her?

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Crimson heads are triggered by a combination of time passing and advancing the story. It’s worth nothing that hunters override potential

You can save Richard and get his shotgun if you return with the serum in time. You can’t pick it up before you find him.

Lisa eventually dies in the prologue/sidequal Umbrella Chronicles.

You can get your partner killed on the Helipad.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

The self defense gun is a quasi-joke. It’s really powerful though.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Yeah the Self Defense gun is close to a magnum. Good for a free Hunter kill

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

A Buttery Pastry posted:

I hope you've matured since then and realized RE1 is real good.

It’s good in the sense that it created a situation that led to REmake.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Doc M posted:

RE0 should only be played if you want to laugh at the terrible plot.

RE0 just goes straight ahead and rockets the plot into idiot territory immediately by having super-sentient leeches form into Robed Anime Man so he can sing opera on a hill, with a subsequent run of events never even mentioned again by anyone in the series. Ever.

It was that dumb, even the characters don't talk about it.

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

I'm good... I Haven't slept for a solid 83 hours, but yeah... I'm good...

Lipstick Apathy
I always held onto the self defense gun for tyrant in the lab because gently caress it he’s slow and lumbering and I’m not using it otherwise so :shrug:

Then again I stockpile mag rounds only for hunters and tyrant fights so I could just leave it if I really wanted to save inventory space, but hey, it’s a gun. Gotta use it.

DeadButDelicious
Oct 11, 2012

Leave me to do my dark bidding on the internet!
I always use the self defense gun for the first Hunter I encounter after returning to the mansion with the helmet key. I figure that the next room I'll be visiting is a safe room anyway so free kill.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

I use it on whatever zombie I see first. gently caress it, it's not like ammo's low by that point in the game anyway.

Broose
Oct 28, 2007
New Claire really reminds me of Revelations Jill. The face/head at least.

RIP hot pants and spats. May you live on as an alt costume.

Broose fucked around with this message at 17:52 on Sep 5, 2018

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Finally got around to playing Resident evil 7. I really enjoyed the game but it took a noticeable dive in quality when they got onto the boat. Also it has one of the lamest final bosses I've ever played in a resident evil game.

I do give the game props for at least having a bio weapon that seems somewhat useful and not " why would we ever want to create more of these things." Having a bio weapon that can control people's thoughts is useful, but the fact that she craps out molded kinda puts a dampinor on it's overall usefulness.

Monaghan fucked around with this message at 19:10 on Sep 5, 2018

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

ZogrimAteMyHamster posted:

Speaking of which:

We could have ended up with this loving thing adorning our entry into the series, which was supposedly at one point an actual, seen-by-the-masses* promotional image.

If it looks vaguely familiar (for reasons other than the obvious similarity to what we actually got), then it's because of this:

DREDD-IDENT EVIL

*Masses being anyone reading videogame magazines, etc., so really it was the opposite of the masses back in those dark days of late '95/early '96.

Edit:
And, uh, I'm alright with Ada's "new" look (it's about as "new" as RE1.5 so hurrah for recycling old concept work because we can make it look good ingame now and not like a blurry oh-poo poo-we-only-have-256-colours-across-the-palette mess).

I actually like this unused artwork,it's got that vomit inducing claustrophobic perspective thing going on.

And Ada looks cool,Mr.X is a trenchcoat fedora wearing frankenstein and ada is a 60's spy it's cool.

Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

i hope theres a point in this game where leon does an accidental suplex and says "i could get used to this!" then looks at the camera and winks

Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

likewise claire runs into birkin and is all "you'd be hotter if you were green" or something and then it smash cuts to steve burnside doing something wacky family guy style
maybe thats a bit much idk

Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

just some thoughts capcom think about it

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

thanks for your input

Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

u are very welcome

SleepySonata
Mar 3, 2010

ishikabibble posted:

I'm surprised no one posted this.

Capcom streamed some RE2make gameplay today, https://www.twitch.tv/videos/303718140

Listening to this makes me think that capcom provided a template scrip to follow....

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

SleepySonata posted:

Listening to this makes me think that capcom provided a template scrip to follow....

As if a major company with money at stake would try and influence how a product is presented.

Hel
Oct 9, 2012

Jokatgulm is tedium.
Jokatgulm is pain.
Jokatgulm is suffering.

I know not everyone is interested in the REmake random items/doors/enemies mod but the same guy apparently got started on some kind of online multiplayer.

https://twitter.com/bennpowell/status/1040615212305588224

Which is something I never really thought was possible.

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

How did this smug dummkopf ever make general?

When Capcom won't bring the Outbreak a Remake, you bring the Remake to Outbreak.

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.
I would play the poo poo out of roguelike RE with coop.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

hosed around with RE2 for a bit last night, one little detail I love is how the zombies will have their heads melted off by acid rounds.

Also Extreme Battle is a tedious fucker that always, always sets the last bomb in the last possible room that I explore.

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

ZogrimAteMyHamster posted:

hosed around with RE2 for a bit last night, one little detail I love is how the zombies will have their heads melted off by acid rounds.

Also Extreme Battle is a tedious fucker that always, always sets the last bomb in the last possible room that I explore.

I really like how shell casings bounce off walls. It's such a small detail but looks cool.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

You're....you're..talking about the original right? Theres no way to play any kind of demo/beta of the new one yet right?!

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

codo27 posted:

You're....you're..talking about the original right? Theres no way to play any kind of demo/beta of the new one yet right?!

don't get your hopes up but i wonder if they are gonna release a demo on September 28/29th, its the 20th anniversary of the raccoon city incident and their twitter page keeps bringing up key moments in the run up to it. could be nothing, could be everything.

Vakal
May 11, 2008
There's going to be a demo, but it's just going to be Leon trapped in a single room with a bunch of boxes full of mannequin fingers.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

I'll play the poo poo out of that as long as I can shove one right up my rear end

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hb8NhaxBes8

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

I guess Ada isn’t even being femme fatale subtle after all, swinging around a word like “Classified.”

DeadButDelicious
Oct 11, 2012

Leave me to do my dark bidding on the internet!
I dig Ada's outfit but the sunglasses are a little too much. Especially considering how dark it is. Yes I know Wesker had sunglasses but A) the spencer mansion is pretty well lit compared to the RPD and B) anytime after that he's got Birkin's wonder virus swimming through his veins so maybe he could see in the dark? IDK.

Gimme a demo Capcom.

E: I dig Claire's look after getting used to it. Probably going to run through the game as Claire first out of force of habit.

DeadButDelicious fucked around with this message at 09:20 on Sep 20, 2018

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008
Birkin's two left arms are really freaky.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

ushegkushefej lhjflish liseh lsihjsljfslelish213512.158

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

i guess that confirms it then, we're getting zombie kids. can't wait to see how that goes down in 2019.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Vikar Jerome posted:

i guess that confirms it then, we're getting zombie kids. can't wait to see how that goes down in 2019.

Dead Space 1 or 2 literally had suicide babies you had to kill and nobody really said anything about that