Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GenericGirlName
Apr 10, 2012

Why did you post that?

Atomic Soda posted:

she changes her mind four times in this post.

Yes it's almost like I am super hesitant to have the power to kill. If you don't think I should have it: don't give me that power??? Why is this suspicious????

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

imgay posted:

Hmm...I saw Dick bastardly go to sal last night, but isn't he just supposed to be a lynch bomb why would he visit someone hmm.... Hey wait sal said he was roleblocked.... hmmm

##vote Dick

This is why. He was the first to really call out DB yesterday.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

SalTheBard posted:

This is why. He was the first to really call out DB yesterday.

Hmmmm

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
##unvote

It's more town oriented to brazenly spit in the face of reason.

##vote Solus

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

I'd be down for voting Solus, because yeah everyone else who objected to DB D1 lynch has been scum and Humalong did try to support them. But GGN's all over the place and seems like a good pick for newbie scum left all alone and flailing.

##vote GGN

Anyone got good arguments for evolving today? Can you evolve again imgay?

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

##unvote

##vote Solus

Which post is this based on?

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

I now have several regrets.

:barf:

Mr. Humalong posted:

Is this the case on GGN or is there something else I missed?

Mr. Humalong posted:

Don't help their case then. There's some info in the last 200 or so posts, I promise. You could find a lead! If you think GGN is town, then take a look at who is pushing her and see if they've said anything that pings your radar. That's what I'm about to do.

Mr. Humalong posted:

I get that you lurked through the actual jokephase but we're pretty close to deadline sooooo

Mr. Humalong posted:

You're getting scum vibes from GGN? I'm not. In fact most of the people I've seen talking about it have linked mostly innocuous posts from her (IS being the biggest offender).

Toal keeps digging a hole though, imo.

Mr. Humalong posted:

No I mean like give some reasons. Your post looks like a policy vote someone would make an hour after the game started. I just reread DB about 30 minutes ago and some of it looked scummy but I always think DB is scummy so I'm inclined to stay neutral right now. His vote on GGN is bad but it was the second vote and he at least gave a reason for it beyond "gut read". I'll give him an iota of credit for that.

Mr. Humalong posted:

I didn't like their "gut read" vote on GGN when they had not indicated any suspicion of GGN prior to that aside from quoting an innocuous question GGN asked the mod. Combine that with everyone else's read of GGN as probably town and IS started looking real bad to me.

Mr. Humalong posted:

GGN: Still think she's town. I didn't like the attempted push on her day 1 for a relatively innocuous drunk post but I understand why scum would do it.

Mr. Humalong posted:

I have a town read on GGN right now so this is also a scummy post to me.

Mr. Humalong posted:

Not one, but two "totally gonna post some reads, guys" posts with no actual reads posted. Also some light role fishing and that's really all the content from GGN today. Still leaning town because of her day 1 play but day 2 has not been great from her (like I'm one to talk).

Mr. Humalong posted:

I didn't like their "gut read" vote on GGN when they had not indicated any suspicion of GGN prior to that aside from quoting an innocuous question GGN asked the mod. Combine that with everyone else's read of GGN as probably town and IS started looking real bad to me.

Keep in mind that Scumalong defended GGN D1 and D2. He never once gave a poo poo about defending me. He did try to say that he was 'on the fence' about GGN later, maybe realizing that their scumbro-ness will be pretty obvious once someone points out the connection?

Regardless, if we have a vig, it's probably better to use it on GGN tonight and lynch me (if there's uncertainty). That way we'll take out both possible threats.

That said, I will absolutely not vote for myself, nor hammer myself, because anti-discussion is anti-town.

##vote GGN

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

Mr. Humalong posted:

Well yeah it was a super shady last minute push started solely by another lurker saying “he’s scum I just know it”.

I HATE pushes like that, because 9 times out of 10 it results in a town member getting lunched. Of course I had no way of knowing DB was scum for sure until day 3 when two people had used their night actions on him and could confirm he was the roleblocker.

Day 2 it seemed like an opportunistic push by scum to lunch a guy who posts scummily, when in reality it was a lurker making a completely lucky guess and having people jump on it. Well, besides IS and Solus who I think were around for day 1 deadline but weren’t willing to hammer? IS is dead now and we got no flip, which is strange for a scum night kill considering there probably aren’t many scum left.

Also keep in mind that Scumalong was trying to throw suspicion on me, for being there for the DB turbo but not voting. Unless he's been bussing me from the start, he knew I wasn't scum all along.

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

##unvote

##vote Solus

Never denying the things that make me look scummy has always been my town play.

I still don't have a scum meta because I've only been scum in one game here, and died N1 :smith:

(I really want to be scum in mafia, I think it's fun)

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

SolusLunes posted:

Keep in mind that Scumalong defended GGN D1 and D2. He never once gave a poo poo about defending me. He did try to say that he was 'on the fence' about GGN later, maybe realizing that their scumbro-ness will be pretty obvious once someone points out the connection?

Regardless, if we have a vig, it's probably better to use it on GGN tonight and lynch me (if there's uncertainty). That way we'll take out both possible threats.

That said, I will absolutely not vote for myself, nor hammer myself, because anti-discussion is anti-town.

##vote GGN

Yeah I'm feeling this too. ##vote GGN

##evolve AA

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

Right that reminds me

##evolve AA

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
I'm the belle of the ball?

##evolve AA

That's pretty closely tied... I don't think scumalong would buddy up that closely, but I like the case.

##vote ggn

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

We evolving AA?

##evolve AA

GenericGirlName
Apr 10, 2012

Why did you post that?
Why would humalong defend me so much if I'm scum? Especially on D1 when I defended myself just fine!

Also why are we evolving AA?

GenericGirlName
Apr 10, 2012

Why did you post that?
Also I love how I'm back at newbie status apparently

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

GenericGirlName posted:

Why would humalong defend me so much if I'm scum? Especially on D1 when I defended myself just fine!

Protecting scumbros. AA is town and has a good ability that will probably made better through evolution.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

GenericGirlName posted:

Because I'm a good boy

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

GenericGirlName posted:

Because he also defended:

Toalpaz (probable scum, maybe 3p, definitely not town)
DB (scum)

He also made zero posts about IP until the jig was already up on IP, and then proceeded to do the only thing scum can do there- bus him and hope it goes away from other scum.

When the tide turned against Toalpaz, he also tried to throw him under the bus.

If Humalong was alive now, he'd be throwing you under the bus as well.

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

GenericGirlName posted:

Because he's an evolvable person left alive that I trust to not be scum?

Slamburger
Jun 27, 2008

thats -1 and I haven't had a chance to do any casework yet.

Also, my ability is a much better evolve target than Jailer. Jailer isn't even that great for town right now given the state of the game:

You can protect a townie person but we all have powers so you are also roleblocking that person.
You can jail a scum so they don't do a kill, but now you're also preventing other people from targeting them for investigations, etc.
When a kill fails, is it because:
1. You jailed the killer?
2. You jailed their target?
3. They withheld their kill to try and cause a mislynch due to assumptions about 1 and 2?

If I target a scum and they try and kill, the scum dies. Its like a scum-only vig. Its great. You guys should evolve me.

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

Slamburger posted:

Also, my ability is a much better evolve target than Jailer. Jailer isn't even that great for town right now given the state of the game:

You can protect a townie person but we all have powers so you are also roleblocking that person.
You can jail a scum so they don't do a kill, but now you're also preventing other people from targeting them for investigations, etc.
3. They withheld their kill to try and cause a mislynch due to assumptions about 1 and 2?

If I target a scum and they try and kill, the scum dies. Its like a scum-only vig. Its great. You guys should evolve me.

I'd be entirely okay with evolving you as well, provided we don't just waste evolve votes.

What do you think, AA?

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
I'm fine either way. However wouldn't scum just withhold their NK and then we are in the same boat?

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

SalTheBard posted:

I'm fine either way. However wouldn't scum just withhold their NK and then we are in the same boat?

Not necessarily, now that I think about it. If Slam's ability works like he says it does, he could powder me, and I could go conduct the factional nightkill and survive because I've got a onetime bulletproof? And then I'd look innocent and be able to go on killing all the time.

I'd rather AA be able to jail me to make sure that I didn't conduct the nightkill, even if I'd die on the second night.

Unless Slam's powder goes through bulletproof and this is all a moot point.

Slamburger
Jun 27, 2008

SalTheBard posted:

Yes potentially, but if the scum decides to just stop killing until I'm dead they have committed to a very very long path to victory.

And again, I'm making assumptions about evolve here but suppose its as simple as you get to pick two targets. Jailing more people does potentially protect more people but we don't really need to stop NKs right now given the numerical situation of 1 scum left. Its better to nail scum, which imgay can do by watching a kill, and I can do by targeting the killer. Jailing more keeps people alive but doesn't give us much to go on, especially if its two jailed people per night.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Its a hard life being a watcher, I hardly get a wink of sleep..

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Slamburger posted:

My ability will probably change. Can other evolved players confirm or deny this??

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Slam arguing hard for the evolve right now is curious...

You're voltorb right?

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

You're voltorb right?

That was DB.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Slam arguing hard for the evolve right now is curious...

You're voltorb right?

And honestly this is where I'm at with the whole thing. Even if it's not "optimal" I'm 100% on AA being town, so I would rather have someone who is 100% get the upgrade than someone I'm 70% on.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I just want to chill for the day, we got time.

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

imgay posted:

This has been a pleasantly relaxed game in contrast with Fifth Element. It's nice.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
You mean Lumpen, Gaspy, Yuming and Myself aren't shouting at each other for entire game days? It is refreshing.

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

You mean Lumpen, Gaspy, Yuming and Myself aren't shouting at each other for entire game days? It is refreshing.

I had such a hard time getting anything worthwhile out of those massive numbers of posts I just basically checked out and lurked my way to the end.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

SolusLunes posted:

I had such a hard time getting anything worthwhile out of those massive numbers of posts I just basically checked out and lurked my way to the end.

Sorry, I get crazy from time to time. all the time

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

Sorry, I get crazy from time to time. all the time

It's okay, I tunneled pretty hard on Gaspy's gambit. I find that I do a lot of the same things you do, in fact!

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
I'm really hoping GGN is the final Scum and there isn't a 3p or something like that. This game reminds me a lot of my teams thread from Shine IV where the Mafia got caught early and were in an uphill battle all game.

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

SalTheBard posted:

I'm really hoping GGN is the final Scum and there isn't a 3p or something like that. This game reminds me a lot of my teams thread from Shine IV where the Mafia got caught early and were in an uphill battle all game.

I think there was a 3p, but it was probably either Toalpaz or IllegallySober.

We'll hopefully find out after this gameday though.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

imgay posted:

I'm fine with this but if people aren't going to post I don't see any reason to drag it out

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm getting into the new ff14 patch now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
I think it's probably ok to hammer. Nobody is posting so let's just see what happens

• Locked thread