Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004
This match really highlights what the Kengan matches are all about. Companies using people to gain power and status, with absolutely no care about their fighters.

I love the matchup between demented berserker cop vs innocent highschooler. Cosmo really is the most pure of heart fighter, even his techniques are about subduing people, not torturing them. That cop though :stare:, I really hope this match destroys the company and ends his lovely fighting career. But... if Cosmo somehow wins, this is going to be his last fight, which leaves the CEO with an empty spot. Guess who's an awesome fighter, relatively injury free who's CEO is a piece of poo poo spineless coward?

gently caress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Wow I just realized with updates everyday Kengan really is our daily dose.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

no our daily dose is the daily dose

Wild Horses
Oct 31, 2012

There's really no meaning in making beetles fight.
thanks doc

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
It's your daily Kengan Asura AND your daily Kengan Asura side story chapter!

That's right, two loving chapters today!

https://mangadex.org/chapter/450613/1
https://mangadex.org/chapter/450614/1

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Suspicious Lump posted:

This match really highlights what the Kengan matches are all about. Companies using people to gain power and status, with absolutely no care about their fighters.

I love the matchup between demented berserker cop vs innocent highschooler. Cosmo really is the most pure of heart fighter, even his techniques are about subduing people, not torturing them. That cop though :stare:, I really hope this match destroys the company and ends his lovely fighting career. But... if Cosmo somehow wins, this is going to be his last fight, which leaves the CEO with an empty spot. Guess who's an awesome fighter, relatively injury free who's CEO is a piece of poo poo spineless coward?

gently caress.

Lol

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Hate-Senpai posted:

It's your daily Kengan Asura AND your daily Kengan Asura side story chapter!

That's right, two loving chapters today!

https://mangadex.org/chapter/450613/1
https://mangadex.org/chapter/450614/1

Y'know, I was about to say that I can't believe that they made Akoya's backstory more upsetting than any of the assassins running around in this tournament but then I remembered that he's a cop.

Despite being a homophobic piece of poo poo, Adam's right, gently caress this guy.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Wakasa is probably the stupidest person on this manga hands down.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
Pure Stockholm syndrome right there.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Plutonis posted:

Girl just needs therapy to get over the realization that her cousin murdered her uncle and dad and tried to kill her and maybe make friends who aren't an immoral arms dealer and crazy murder cop.

But mostly the murder cop.

At least the immoral arms dealer cares about her well-being.

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.
Ch 125: This is a power level past stonk, I think i’ll call it Stonk 2

Ch 125.5: ...and this is to go...even further beyond!

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I... I guess they have up to chapter 200 translated????

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
So we get this pace for the next 2 months? We’re in for a wild ride going into the end of the year

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

What suddenly allowed them to tear through translating like this? Someone posted the explanation but I couldn't find it myself.

I was super prepared to be reading this for the next three years.

Nick Buntline
Dec 20, 2007
Doesn't know the impossible.

quoting myself

Nick Buntline posted:

https://www.hokutonogun.com/?p=40589

Basically the previous pace had been to go easy on their typesetter's poor health; that person is now taking a break, and a new typesetter has been brought on board, so they're upping the release rate since they no longer have a reason not to.

so these chapters were probably translated months ago, and they're just plowing through the backlog. (200 is still, uh, some backlog even considering)

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Hate-Senpai posted:

Girl just needs therapy to get over the realization that her cousin murdered her uncle and dad and tried to kill her and maybe make friends who aren't an immoral arms dealer and crazy murder cop.

But mostly the murder cop.

At least the immoral arms dealer cares about her well-being.

While she is definitely mentally disturbed, she's also a direct accessory to Akoya's murder spree. Like she's gone beyond being a passive victim to actively helping this guy honeypot people to murder them. It's a little beyond "she just needs some friends and therapy" at this point.

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

COME ON COSMOOOOOOOOOO

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
It's weird because months ago when I got to that flashback while reading the raws, my impression was that the CEO was using herself as bait for some strangler, and some doctor as her part in these killings. It's not necessarily untrue for the psychologist, but the back story about her family is so much more messed up than I had even imagined.

Wild Horses
Oct 31, 2012

There's really no meaning in making beetles fight.
holy poo poo cosmo u can do this

kill that guy

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

When Cosmo wins I hope they put both of these psychos in prison.

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.

Hypocrisy posted:

When Cosmo wins I hope they put both of these psychos in prison.

Why would they put some corpses in prison? Cosmo’s gearing up for his first kill man, that’s what his teacher was trying to teach him

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004
haha Cosmo playing dirty just like the dirty cop and it scared him.

edit: wait, was she loving her cousin? :stare:

Suspicious Lump fucked around with this message at 01:52 on Sep 20, 2018

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

its okay shes outrageously rich

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

Suspicious Lump posted:

edit: wait, was she loving her cousin? :stare:

It looks like she replaced one extremely hosed up relationship for another, even more hosed up one

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
In the wise words of Plutonis:

Plutonis posted:

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Here's your regularly scheduled dose of gently caress Cops the manga.

https://mangadex.org/chapter/451560/1

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Goddamn

Mary Annette
Jun 24, 2005

STOP RESISTING

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Sasuga Cosmo. Also the confirmation about Kure clan being inspired by the Gracies.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Hell yeah

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

I honestly don't know how the hell the semi-finals are going to go since he's too loving wrecked to deal with Ohma and Raian

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
Hell of a fight, one detail I really love is cosmo turning the kick to the eye trick that akoya tried back around on him only for akoya to call it a cheap trick

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
Cosmo, you let go of the hold too soon!

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

i'm sure the doctor can just insert some new ribs into him so he's good to go next round. or we get to see adam dudley fight ohma

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Plutonis posted:

I honestly don't know how the hell the semi-finals are going to go since he's too loving wrecked to deal with Ohma and Raian

Luckily for Cosmos he's only gonna fight one of them, not both at the same time.

tweet my meat posted:

Hell of a fight, one detail I really love is cosmo turning the kick to the eye trick that akoya tried back around on him only for akoya to call it a cheap trick

Yeah dude's a punkass poo poo, he's been using dirty tricks this whole time and starts whining like a baby when Cosmo gives him a piece of his own medicine.

Dude's literally the worst, even more so than the crazy dude who killed his dad and friends, a handful of assassins, a mercenary for hire, whatever Hayami is, and an immoral arms dealer.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Cosmo went "Master... Bro... Adam... I swear I'll win..."

That means that Adam Dudley is already as dear to Cosmo as his teacher and Nishihonji. :allears:

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

gently caress yeaaaah

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Plutonis posted:

Sasuga Cosmo. Also the confirmation about Kure clan being inspired by the Gracies.

Now I really need that spin-off series where it's just the women's division of KA duking it out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos

Jose posted:

i'm sure the doctor can just insert some new ribs into him so he's good to go next round. or we get to see adam dudley fight ohma

Cosmo is going to accidentally kill his next opponent when his new rib blades pop out and impale them