Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
galaxy brain jon jones turned in sage's dad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Why are you even doubting this

Jon has been popped twice. He tested positive for 2 (two) post steroid cycle drugs in 2016 and has now tested positive for steroids. He didn't "unknowingly" just end up with these substances in his system, that's a bunch of horseshit. People who lived with him in college said he did steroids and an assortment of drugs as well

He is a cheater, a liar, a drunk driver and cocaine addict who almost killed a woman and an adulterer. And as we just learned, also a snitch

Zzulu fucked around with this message at 08:32 on Sep 20, 2018

Freudian slippers
Jun 23, 2009
US Goon shocked and appalled to find that world is a dirty, unjust place

Yeah, it's loving disgusting. Doing steroids to run fast or jump high is lovely. Doing steroids to give another person more brain damage should carry prison time.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
Bit sus someone can get a short sentence because they don't know how the steroids got in their system, but also get that sentence reduced by snitching on steroid dealers/users.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

Dan Didio posted:

Bit sus someone can get a short sentence because they don't know how the steroids got in their system, but also get that sentence reduced by snitching on steroid dealers/users.

Hahahaha I hadn't thought about that

il serpente cosmico
May 15, 2003

Best five bucks I've ever spend.
I hadn't read about the snitching thing until now. Dana's "welp, the science cleared him! Nothing to see here!" lie is even grosser in that light.

Part of me would like to see DC finally beat Jones at heavyweight, but I think I'd rather see him give Jones the double middle fingers, steal the Lesnar payday from him, and then retire with both belts.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

il serpente cosmico posted:

Part of me would like to see DC finally beat Jones at heavyweight

I love DC and I want terrible things to happen to Jones, but this would never, ever happen.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

CarlCX posted:

I love DC and I want terrible things to happen to Jones, but this would never, ever happen.

the jones that fought osp would have been beaten by rumble, dc and gus no problems.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Marching Powder posted:

the jones that fought osp would have been beaten by rumble, dc and gus no problems.

Eh, Rumble and Gus definitely but I think DC's a maybe. Jones has problems with the few people in the division who can match him in size, reach and strength and it showed in the Gus and OSP fights and even against Bonnar a little (although he was also a way worse fighter back then, in fairness)

Cormier is loving great, but his biggest strengths are wrestling, the clinch and his hands, and he's 2 for 2 on getting outwrestled, outclinched and outstruck by Jones, I don't think a third would be different even at heavyweight.

also jones will be juiced to the loving gills in any theoretical rematch because after this why the gently caress wouldn't he

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Dogbrisket posted:

Thank god you were here to be offended on other people's behalf.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

I agree that on steroids Jon Jones will beat anyone in the world. Off steroids, he'd be top ten, maybe top 5.

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?

david carmichael posted:

Jon jones not guilty

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?

Marching Powder posted:

I agree that on steroids Jon Jones will beat anyone in the world. Off steroids, he'd be top ten, maybe top 5.

you don't think that off steroids jones could beat uhh *checks ufc rankings* volkan oezdemir, jan blachowitz or ilir latifi, all top 5 light heavyweights in 2018?

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Foul Fowl posted:

you don't think that off steroids jones could beat uhh *checks ufc rankings* volkan oezdemir, jan blachowitz or ilir latifi, all top 5 light heavyweights in 2018?

I count heavyweight in my 'in the world'

It seems timely to reiterate that lhw shouldn't exist because it's a piece of poo poo division with a shallow 'talent' pool.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

this conversation made me look at the UFC's rankings for heavyweight, in which Derrick Lewis is currently the #2 heavyweight contender in the world.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

CarlCX posted:

this conversation made me look at the UFC's rankings for heavyweight, in which Derrick Lewis is currently the #2 heavyweight contender in the world.

That's abysmal. Heavyweight hasn't been this bad since the reign of Tim Sylvia.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Marching Powder posted:

At least then it was funny

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?

Marching Powder posted:

that’s why i feel like even diminshed jones would just destroy both divisions. except for maybe like stipe? and DC at heavyweight would be a cool fight. but who knows what jones is gonna look like after all this usada stuff too.

Cart Mountain
Nov 1, 2004

david carmichael posted:

Jon jones not guilty

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
asking for a friend: where can I get these supplements that are accidentally loaded w cold war era steroids

mewse posted:

It's pretty tasteless to imply sage's dad is his pimp. For all we know he's just supplied Sage with steroids his entire life and made him fight other children growing up.

Lol

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Freudian slippers posted:

Yeah, it's loving disgusting. Doing steroids to run fast or jump high is lovely. Doing steroids to give another person more brain damage should carry prison time.

I often think that this take is a bit much but I’m really starting to agree. Same with football. We’re just so used to it and the science of the actual danger is extremely hard to figure out. It’s all a total shame. I can’t wait until testing is near perfect and the organizations start hitting people with career ruining bans.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Zzulu posted:

Jon has been popped twice. He tested positive for 2 (two) post steroid cycle drugs in 2016 and has now tested positive for steroids. He didn't "unknowingly" just end up with these substances in his system, that's a bunch of horseshit. People who lived with him in college said he did steroids and an assortment of drugs as well

He is a cheater, a liar, a drunk driver and cocaine addict who almost killed a woman and an adulterer. And as we just learned, also a snitch

That he is a snitch is not new information. That's on like page 1 of JonJones.txt and well-established.

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

lmao

tesilential
Nov 22, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Rigel posted:

Not really, given that its USADA.

The weak spot is this local arbitration, rather than submitting to decisions from the world court of arbitration for sport, which is something UFC insisted on.

Usada certainly chooses the arbiter. Usada is a sham in mma, hth.

The sport is probably a lot cleaner now, but they aren’t being impartial or fair.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

The right thing to do would be for the Ufc to cut ties with him. But they won't do that because bellator or whatever other loving promotion will pick him up and pay him big bucks to chest there. However, the Ufc should still put integrity over profit and cut his rear end. This isn't the first loving time, it's not the second, the guy constantly makes awful decisions time and time again.

I'm not the biggest mma fan, but I have been watching the sport for roughly 12-13 years and while my interest has been fading in the last 2-3 years, this might just seal it.

Edit: Not to mention the way they brought out Lesnar after the DC fight was the most cartoonish WWE moment I've seen watching the sport. I remember it just leaving a bad taste in my mouth.

Zotix fucked around with this message at 14:16 on Sep 20, 2018

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Let's reach way back into the history bag and find the times the UFC chose integrity over profit...

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

Dana White, Benevolent Capitalist

tesilential
Nov 22, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Zzulu posted:

Good post except we’ve known jones was a snitch since before he fought the janitor. His nickname was literally The Snitch for years, until he got caught coking and his choir boy persona got shattered.

Disliking jon jones from the get go was one of the few calls I got right lol

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Zotix posted:

Ufc [. . .] integrity over profit

Wise Learned Man
Apr 22, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

I hate to spoil it six weeks early, but Dana is going as Matt Serra for halloween.

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

tesilential posted:

Usada certainly chooses the arbiter. Usada is a sham in mma, hth.

The sport is probably a lot cleaner now, but they aren’t being impartial or fair.

lol

USADA does not choose the arbitrator. If they did, no one would ever win an appeal. "Hey fighters, this guy who used to work for us and agrees with everything USADA stands for is now your arbitrator. If you disagree with us, go talk to our good buddy over here"

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

CarlCX posted:

also jones will be juiced to the loving gills in any theoretical rematch because after this why the gently caress wouldn't he

Well, he's lost quite a few paydays. Without his multiple suspensions, he would have earned a lot more money. If he keeps using steroids its because he's an idiot who thinks that THIS time he wont be caught.

mewse
May 2, 2006

Rigel posted:

lol

USADA does not choose the arbitrator. If they did, no one would ever win an appeal. "Hey fighters, this guy who used to work for us and agrees with everything USADA stands for is now your arbitrator. If you disagree with us, go talk to our good buddy over here"

Do you know this for a fact because someone said the arbiter is a retired lawyer agreed on by both sides

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are

Dana White has coke-bloat and HGH voice.

mewse
May 2, 2006

The conor/khabib press conf is today

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

mewse posted:

Do you know this for a fact because someone said the arbiter is a retired lawyer agreed on by both sides

That is a HELL of a lot different than USADA choosing the arbitrator without input from the fighter's team. Thats how arbitration works, both sides have to agree on the arbitrator, and you better believe the guys working for Jon Jones are NOT going "well gee, I guess he's fine if you guys like him, USADA".

If USADA had it their way, they would choose a former employee who would rule against the fighter >99% of the time, and if the fighter could choose the arbitrator without input from USADA, they'd choose some kind of former labor lawyer who wrote critical articles about UFC or something and reliably get favorable rulings.

Since they both have to agree, they are either going to get a fresh set of eyes where neither side really knows what they'll do, or they'll pick someone with a proven record of sometimes agreeing with USADA and sometimes not.

Zwachro
Mar 7, 2003
C808BEA

mewse posted:

The USADA has an entire section of their website dedicated to explaining how their UFC program differs from everything else they do.

quote:

An athlete or other person charged with an Anti-Doping Policy Violation is entitled to a hearing in front of an independent arbitrator or arbitration panel. All arbitration proceedings will be conducted by the McLaren Global Sports Solutions Inc., which is completely independent from USADA. All evidence is subject to disclosure in accordance with the UFC Anti-Doping Policy and UFC Arbitration Rules, and all witness testimony shall be provided under oath, under penalty of perjury and subject to cross examination.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

https://twitter.com/FilthyTomLawlor/status/1042563807216775168

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

filthy go on chapo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Rigel posted:

That is a HELL of a lot different than USADA choosing the arbitrator without input from the fighter's team. Thats how arbitration works, both sides have to agree on the arbitrator, and you better believe the guys working for Jon Jones are NOT going "well gee, I guess he's fine if you guys like him, USADA".

If USADA had it their way, they would choose a former employee who would rule against the fighter >99% of the time, and if the fighter could choose the arbitrator without input from USADA, they'd choose some kind of former labor lawyer who wrote critical articles about UFC or something and reliably get favorable rulings.

Since they both have to agree, they are either going to get a fresh set of eyes where neither side really knows what they'll do, or they'll pick someone with a proven record of sometimes agreeing with USADA and sometimes not.

right

UFC and Zuffa chose the arbitrator and paid him.

• Locked thread