Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cultural Marxist
Jun 29, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
Red Dead Online is launching as a public beta in November (via IGN).

It will use the entire single-player map, here’s a summary list I’ve shamelessly stolen from GTAForums

quote:

• Red Dead Online will launch in November as a public beta
• RDO will have multiplayer, cooperative and narrative components untilising the entire map from singleplayer
• Easy to play alone or with a group
• All the best elements of MP in RDR1 combined with best elements of GTAO
• RDR2 and RDO are like separate products
• Prefer to let players get to know the world in SP before introducing us to RDO and its mechanics
• RDR2 is a massive SP story regardless
• RDO will be a change of pace to GTAO - everything will be time/setting appropriate (i.e. no flying horses)
• The biggest DLCs of GTAO like heists and gunrunning provided R* with a template for what will work and won't work for RDO
• R* want DLCs for RDO to release quicker and be responsive to what people are enjoying
• GTAO will still be getting updates for the foreseeable future
• Plan is for RDO and GTAO updates to be staggered in release
• Acknowledge that RDO and GTAO will/can have entirely it's own audience but want players to enjoy both alongside each other
• Focus will be on role-playing and morality (i.e. don't be an rear end in a top hat

lol at the idea that “morality” means not ruining everyone else’s day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012

Cultural Marxist posted:

Red Dead Online is launching as a public beta in November (via IGN).

It will use the entire single-player map, here’s a summary list I’ve shamelessly stolen from GTAForums

lol at the idea that “morality” means not ruining everyone else’s day.

“No flying horses”

Only if they’ve fixed glitches from RDR1

Cultural Marxist
Jun 29, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Nottherealaborn posted:

“No flying horses”

Only if they’ve fixed glitches from RDR1

There were some magical glitches weren’t there?

Anyway, have to get into RDO early for the inevitable cash exploits before they get patched and the shark card rinsing begins.

Tercio
Jan 30, 2003

Translation of Italian Hands On: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1CYyHBh8bmzRMSck0KomB2J_TLSve7QjIYOdlywVkmdw/edit

Gamesradar Hands On: https://www.gamesradar.com/red-dead-redemption-2-hands-on/

Cultural Marxist
Jun 29, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
IGN hijacked a train in their hands-on.

quote:

As I climbed over the last carriage, I spotted the driver. A flash of Dead Eye sent four rounds into his chest, and he slumped out of the open window and fell to the wayside. Hoping against hope, I walked up to the engine car. More button prompts - “Accelerate”, “Ring bell” and, yes, “Whistle”.

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy

Cultural Marxist posted:

IGN hijacked a train in their hands-on.

Choo choo motherfuckers :getin:

Cultural Marxist
Jun 29, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

timp posted:

Choo choo motherfuckers :getin:

If people don’t use this game to send Choo Choo Motherfuckers memes to confused MPs, I for one will be very disappointed.

Tercio
Jan 30, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4uwFNth2F0

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.
https://www.gamespot.com/gallery/red-dead-redemption-2-all-the-new-features/2900-2267/23/

gently caress me. it has everything. i can play in first person too. plus grow a beard/hair and layer clothing.

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.

Thief posted:

it better have the big wheel on the front

also lol when there is an armored kuruma carriage that will let your throw dynamite out of it for the first year

but it will be the only way to survive against this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wuZwdLfxTQ8

since there are no apartments it'll be funny if the only thing you can do is temporarily rent a room at the saloon which in all seriousness is the absolute best place for a player hub/horse meet since the bar is at the front door and room for both poker tables and knife fights

endgame is a 1 car garage with a Ford Model T

Need red dead revolver 2 so we can get wild poo poo like a horse mounted Gatling gun

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012
I hope most of the “care for yourself and you horse” things listed aren’t too intrusive/time consuming. Would make for a boring time waste, especially for those with minimal time each day to actually play.

mikemil828
May 15, 2008

A man who has said too much
https://kotaku.com/two-hours-with-the-amazingly-detailed-red-dead-redempti-1829187487

Well I guess there is one big difference with Rockstar compared to other companies when it comes to micro transactions, whereas most companies pocket the money Rockstar apparently uses it towards things like properly simulating horse testicles.

Cultural Marxist
Jun 29, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Nottherealaborn posted:

I hope most of the “care for yourself and you horse” things listed aren’t too intrusive/time consuming. Would make for a boring time waste, especially for those with minimal time each day to actually play.

Game Informer had this to say

quote:

Arthur has needs, too, like eating and sleeping. As you play, Arthur gets hungry and tired over time. If you don’t eat or sleep, you won’t regenerate your health or stamina as quickly. It doesn’t seem to veer into pure simulation territory, but I did eat a snack before a gunfight just in case. I can’t say for certain how it works over longer sessions, but Rockstar is adamant that, like the weapon cleaning, it’s not designed to be intrusive. Instead, it’s a way to remind players that Arthur is a person, and not just a hunk of meat that’s entirely self-sustaining.

Here. It doesn’t sound too taxing, fortunately. Besides, who doesn’t want to pay to get wanked off in the bath?

quote:

A trip to a local inn for a room and bath gave me the option to pay extra for the deluxe wash, with a lady of arriving to reach into the suds and ensure that Arthur was completely clean downstairs.

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

https://www.gamespot.com/gallery/red-dead-redemption-2-all-the-new-features/2900-2267/28/

quote:

Also, you can also rob other people's saddlebags. Just make sure no-one is watching.

Cultural Marxist
Jun 29, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
I know it was half-expected, but I do like that you can acquire a camera for ridiculous cowboy selfies.

e:

quote:

11) You can wear animal carcasses as a hat.

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

mikemil828 posted:

https://kotaku.com/two-hours-with-the-amazingly-detailed-red-dead-redempti-1829187487

Well I guess there is one big difference with Rockstar compared to other companies when it comes to micro transactions, whereas most companies pocket the money Rockstar apparently uses it towards things like properly simulating horse testicles.

Buddy you weren't kiddin

quote:

"After seeing the game’s first trailer, we and others had wondered if the horse’s testicles were animated. I asked, and they told me that the testicles shrink and expand depending on the temperature in the game world. Details, details."

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:
yeah i doubt Rockstar would ever force their casual players to starve to death and tying stuff like that to health regen is cool

:discourse:

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Nottherealaborn posted:

Please dont buy the game or post about games ever again. Maybe consider giving up gaming as a hobby if you are too busy to enjoy them.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

HORMELCHILI posted:

Please dont buy the game or post about games ever again. Maybe consider giving up gaming as a hobby if you are too busy to enjoy them.

Yeah, some of us have time to play games but not infinite time, and don't need a horsey tamagochii pet. I'm sure it'll be optional how much time you have to spend doing all the side stuff Rockstar throw in their open world murder simulators. It'll be just another thing people who want to spend time on it can utilize, but 90% of the game will still be riding to place on map and shooting dudes.

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

Can wait to find a Deluxo buried in a cave...

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

davebo posted:

Yeah, some of us have time to play games but not infinite time,

go play a few rounds of fortnite instead then

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

if your time is such a premium that you get mad about games adding good creative new features then really you shouldnt be wasting your time playing games at all.

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

HORMELCHILI posted:

if your time is such a premium that you get mad about games adding good creative new features then really you shouldnt be wasting your time playing games at all.

I agree with your general sentiment friend but it seems that YOU'RE the one gettin all riled up here?

Goddamnit I can't stop typin like a cowboy talks today

Miss Mowcher
Jul 24, 2007

Ribbit
Yea, they should go SCUM way and have you manage your macronutrients and vitamins intake.

Regularly going to the bathroom (time depending on your fiber consumption) so you don’t poo poo yourself during the missions is another mechanic they should add.

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

its just astounding that someones first reaction to all the amazing details put into this game is "Can they just like not? I have twenty minutes a week to put into this"

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

timp posted:

Buddy you weren't kiddin

i love how much detail they put into poo poo(same with a bunch of ubisoft games i have played of late) just tons of details and interactions you will never notice. i mean apparently the horses poo poo dynamically. loving dynamic physics horse poo poo.

and for the people worried about the blood and gore, Red Dead Redemption 2 features limb dismemberment and vital organ targeting" "the game’s shotguns allow Arthur Morgan to blow heads, arms, and legs clean off."

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

i support this government and/or service
they just said they hope it's not too obnoxious, calm down guy

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Au Revoir Shosanna posted:

they just said they hope it's not too obnoxious, calm down guy

i hope it is and i hope they hate it and return the game.

they said you get dizzy if you dont eat so have fun casuals

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

lol at anyone that isn't planning on living inside the game and never using fast travel until they finish the story

wyoak
Feb 14, 2005

a glass case of emotion

Fallen Rib
eating is a mechanic that is basically never fun except when you can get fat like in San Andreas

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Thief posted:

lol at anyone that isn't planning on living inside the game and never using fast travel until they finish the story

honestly, i am probably just gonna wander around in first person and look at woods and deserts and poo poo.

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

i support this government and/or service

HORMELCHILI posted:

i hope it is and i hope they hate it and return the game.

they said you get dizzy if you dont eat so have fun casuals

lol

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

wyoak posted:

eating is a mechanic that is basically never fun except when you can get fat like in San Andreas

Good news, the Gamespot list explicitly says you can get fat if you eat too much.

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
How much in-game food will it take to get fat? Maybe you could unlock a weight slider after you eat a food for the first time and skip all that game-prolonging grinding to bulk up.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

mrw refusing to let intrusive gameplay mechanics force me to press a single button once every hour:

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

It's time to kick the tires and light the fires, Big Bird.

Huh, apparently the weapons system is going to be like Max Payne 3, where all your available weapons are displayed on your person and when you switch from a long rifle to a handgun, Arthur holds the rifle in his off-hand rather than magnetizing it to his back. Presumably you can switch up your entire loadout from your saddlebags or something.

Also, dual wielding is in :hellyeah:

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

College Slice

HORMELCHILI posted:

go play a few rounds of fortnite instead then

And if all you want to do is sit around eating and wiping your rear end then go play The Sims. It's great Rockstar is piling on game mechanics but I still agree with Nottherealaborn's insanely long foaming-at-the-mouth tirade that the tedious aspects of life mirrored in the game are not "too intrusive or time consuming"

And I don't think I ever even fast traveled in RDR.

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

davebo posted:

And if all you want to do is sit around eating and wiping your rear end then go play The Sims. It's great Rockstar is piling on game mechanics but I still agree with Nottherealaborn's insanely long foaming-at-the-mouth tirade that the tedious aspects of life mirrored in the game are not "too intrusive or time consuming"

And I don't think I ever even fast traveled in RDR.

theres a ton of games better suited for youm, such as horizon zero dawn, or god of war 2018, or Spiderman. Go play those if you want a brainless quick run through a mediocre story

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

College Slice

HORMELCHILI posted:

theres a ton of games better suited for youm, such as horizon zero dawn, or god of war 2018, or Spiderman. Go play those if you want a brainless quick run through a mediocre story

Except that isn't what I want at all. What I want is a sequel to Red Dead Redemption that's a lot like Red Dead Redemption. But thanks for the suggestions, rear end in a top hat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

davebo posted:

Except that isn't what I want at all. What I want is a sequel to Red Dead Redemption that's a lot like Red Dead Redemption. But thanks for the suggestions, rear end in a top hat.

Youre welcome. Its unfortunate this isnt the game youre looking for but theres literally hundreds of other video games you may be interested in.