Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Davros1 posted:

Waverly's in this?

Yeah, the idea is that Jonah, Servo and Crow are separated into different comics while Gypsy, Waverly and Growler just kind of pop up here and there to riff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

When you're lost out there and you're all alone, a light is waiting to carry you home

Davros1 posted:

Waverly's in this?

And Growler.

I had to Google them.

Sanzuo
May 7, 2007

I'm just swinging by to say that A Young Man's Fancy is probably the funniest short in the whole series.

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

I just finished my shift at Perkins

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light
I'm in the middle of re-watching season 11 and it isn't holding up as well as I'd hoped.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

I thought it was twice as good the second time.

ringu0
Feb 24, 2013

I just finished it, and found it very enjoyable, maybe even more so than the first time.

Even Reptilicus, which — and this is my impression from reading this thread — was considered to be the least watchable due to the rapid fire jokes. In fact, I watched it with friends a couple times to introduce them to MST3K, and they loved it.

Dungeon Ecology
Feb 9, 2011

just got my tickets for the live performance of Deathstalker II!

oh man that movie looks bad. im so excited.

:nws: for brief boobies
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYyulM9Xzgc

if any of you goons are PDX goons, i'll be the one in the 'JOIKE' sweater

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 38 days!

Sanzuo posted:

I'm just swinging by to say that A Young Man's Fancy is probably the funniest short in the whole series.

Young Man's Fancy Crinkle Cut Potato Chips.

Paul Revere 3000
Dec 8, 2007

So like a pimp I'm pimpin'
I got a boat to eat shrimp in
Nothing wrong with my leg
I'm just B-boy limpin'

Sanzuo posted:

Does it make you squishy?

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

Dixville posted:

Or Boggy Creek 2: and the legend continues

No woman should have to see the little creature!

Some of my favorite lines were from that one.

"Get on the bed"
"put on something lacey"

"CAN I BORROW A CUP OF SHIRT?"

"Tell me about the little one"
"Well the little one ended up with my features."

Plan Z fucked around with this message at 19:32 on Sep 20, 2018

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Dungeon Ecology posted:

just got my tickets for the live performance of Deathstalker II!

oh man that movie looks bad. im so excited.

:nws: for brief boobies
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYyulM9Xzgc

if any of you goons are PDX goons, i'll be the one in the 'JOIKE' sweater

The Deathstalkers are so great for cheesy watching. Red Letter Media didn't appreciate it enough when they put it on best of the worst.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 38 days!

Plan Z posted:

Some of my favorite lines were from that one.

"Get on the bed"
"put on something lacey"

"CAN I BORROW A CUP OF SHIRT?"

"Tell me about the little one"
"Well the little one ended up with my features."

Yes, these river bottoms... :quagmire:

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

ringu0 posted:

I just finished it, and found it very enjoyable, maybe even more so than the first time.

Even Reptilicus, which — and this is my impression from reading this thread — was considered to be the least watchable due to the rapid fire jokes. In fact, I watched it with friends a couple times to introduce them to MST3K, and they loved it.

We watched Yongarry last night and it was good. Also: CAPSULE!

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The Christmas episode stands with the original seasons.

DorianGravy
Sep 12, 2007

Has there been any indication about when the next season might come out? (There will be another season, right?)

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

DorianGravy posted:

(There will be another season, right?)

Uh, look at the thread title.

Cemetry Gator
Apr 3, 2007

Do you find something comical about my appearance when I'm driving my automobile?

Paul Revere 3000 posted:

Does it make you squishy?

Hey, that's going to give me the reds!

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 38 days!

Cemetry Gator posted:

Hey, that's going to give me the reds!

:j: "He's a real cool Jonah!"

:confused: "So he was swallowed by a whale?"

SolarFire2
Oct 16, 2001

"You're awefully cute, but unfortunately for you, you're made of meat." - Meat And Sarcasm Guy!

Doltos posted:

The Deathstalkers are so great for cheesy watching. Red Letter Media didn't appreciate it enough when they put it on best of the worst.

Deathstalker 2 is kind of the odd man out of the bunch because it's more of a self-aware comedy, while the rest seem to play it more or less straight.

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

DorianGravy posted:

Has there been any indication about when the next season might come out? (There will be another season, right?)

The best indications we have are that they've made pretty good progress. It seems Netflix likes to drop new seasons of things with little warning, likely to discourage people from saying, for example, "My favorite show isn't coming back until April so I'll just unsubscribe until then."

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

Julet Esqu posted:

The best indications we have are that they've made pretty good progress. It seems Netflix likes to drop new seasons of things with little warning, likely to discourage people from saying, for example, "My favorite show isn't coming back until April so I'll just unsubscribe until then."

Something tells me they’ll set them for Thanksgiving.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer
Didn't last year's season drop at the end of September, though?

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Joel's hinted that they're not going to drop all at once; but instead post a few at a time. If there's, say 12 eps, I can see them doing them in groups of 3.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Davros1 posted:

Joel's hinted that they're not going to drop all at once; but instead post a few at a time. If there's, say 12 eps, I can see them doing them in groups of 3.

Pretty sure he hinted the exact opposite. He said this season only has 6 episodes and are meant “to encourage binge watching.”

One thing that hasn’t been touched on much but is a possibility that we may eventually see recordings of the live shows come up. I don’t have the link handy but I remember an interview with Joel saying they did record some shows from the Watch Out for Snakes tour and it was possible they may appear on Netflix at some point. So while not confirmed, that’s something more to keep an eye out for down th road.

Diabolik900
Mar 28, 2007

Franchescanado posted:

Didn't last year's season drop at the end of September, though?

No, last season came out in April.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer

Diabolik900 posted:

No, last season came out in April.

Cool, thanks.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Doltos posted:

Did you know you can start giant fights if you innocently ask if RLM likes MST3K which would be super understandable if they do because they check all the boxes for what a typical MSTie might be like?

Boy I sure do.

HannibalBarca
Sep 11, 2016

History shows, again and again, how nature points out the folly of man.

DivisionPost posted:

Something tells me they’ll set them for Thanksgiving.

We have a winner:

https://news.avclub.com/exclusive-mystery-science-theater-3000-s-new-season-ge-1829297286/

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.
Yeah, it made perfect sense. Long weekends and holidays are prime streaming days and MST3K is synonymous with one of them. There are six episodes this season, there were six episodes that aired during Turkey Day marathons...if it was taking this long, then this was probably the plan.

Ms Boods
Mar 19, 2009

Did you ever wonder where the Romans got bread from? It wasn't from Waitrose!
Yay!!! No Thanksgiving day here in the UK, obviously, and I have to lecture all day on that Thursday, but I have the Friday as my research day and a rare no-lecture day on the Monday.

Huzzah!

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 38 days!

Dawgstar posted:

Did you know you can start giant fights if you innocently ask if RLM likes MST3K which would be super understandable if they do because they check all the boxes for what a typical MSTie might be like?

Boy I sure do.

As a fan of both, I once read somewhere where Mike said he liked the MST episodes he'd seen, while Rich Evans says he would just rather watch the movies and make his own jokes with friends. Peripheral RLM guy Josh is a fan. No idea about the other RLM peeps.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
Just got the Kickstarter Update. 6 eps on Thanksgiving.

e:fb

Alehkhs
Oct 6, 2010

The Sorrow of Poets
For you non-Kickstarter folks (and really, everybody - there's photos of the upcoming season!), here's an article about Season 12: https://news.avclub.com/exclusive-mystery-science-theater-3000-s-new-season-ge-1829297286

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Dawgstar posted:

Boy I sure do.

it's weird since they're both from minnesconsin and they like to watch lovely movies, but the RLM crew have reviewed three films that were classic MST episodes iirc - space mutiny, future war, deathstalker - and never mentioned MST. or any of the other groups that use these films like EIT or TV Carnage

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Julet Esqu posted:

They're totally gonna drop it on us unexpectedly

WELP

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Sydney Bottocks posted:

As a fan of both, I once read somewhere where Mike said he liked the MST episodes he'd seen, while Rich Evans says he would just rather watch the movies and make his own jokes with friends. Peripheral RLM guy Josh is a fan. No idea about the other RLM peeps.

I'm a fan of both as well, which is why I asked. The sentiment felt like 'we can 'only have ONE group that makes fun of movies'! as you will find on the internet.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

luxury handset posted:

it's weird since they're both from minnesconsin and they like to watch lovely movies, but the RLM crew have reviewed three films that were classic MST episodes iirc - space mutiny, future war, deathstalker - and never mentioned MST. or any of the other groups that use these films like EIT or TV Carnage

I believe the RLM crew has said they weren't into MST3K when it aired and purposedly avoid it now as to not spoil the movies if they come up for their reviews.

EDIT: Apparently Josh and Jack are fans of the show but they don't watch it now to avoid accidentally copying jokes (and they like coming up with new ones with their friends anyways.) Jay is aware of it but doesn't want to watch it at all for the same reason.

Mokinokaro fucked around with this message at 20:35 on Sep 25, 2018

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

SolarFire2 posted:

Deathstalker 2 is kind of the odd man out of the bunch because it's more of a self-aware comedy, while the rest seem to play it more or less straight.

I watched 1 and 2 recently and it's pretty incredible how 2 recasts Deathstalker and changes his personality completely

Like why was that a sequel? Did the "Deathstalker" brand really carry weight somewhere

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

No. 1 Apartheid Fan posted:

I watched 1 and 2 recently and it's pretty incredible how 2 recasts Deathstalker and changes his personality completely

Like why was that a sequel? Did the "Deathstalker" brand really carry weight somewhere

Roger Corman, essentially. Deathstalker made more money than it cost, so making Deathstalker 2 was a no-brainer, and because Corman, he didn't really give a drat if it had anything to do with the first movie as long as it was in a similar vein.