Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

looks like xrd fishing has new competition

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

https://twitter.com/pandaglobal/status/1042825339385401344?s=21

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

What lore/drama did I miss? Is Infiltration a bad person, now?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

quote:

Infiltration is a criminal who beat his ex wife last year. He was arrested sometime in Sept 2017 while he was beating his wife in hallway of his wife's apartment (She paid most of the apartment's down payment + mortgage). Apparently he had beaten his wife since EVO2017. He blamed his wife for his loss in the tournament and started destroying her stuffs and bunch of electronics, and started beating her. One day she tried to call police but Infiltration snatched her phone and choked her to near death and dragged her out of the apartment but fortunately neighbor saw him beating his wife and called police.

In Korea marriage laws are biased toward men unlike NA. The ex wife installed an audio recorder in the home after days of beating and fortunately Infiltration didn't know his violence had been recorded. She won the criminal case with the proofs but I believe Infiltration is hiding his assets under someone else's name in order to not pay the compensation and she's suing him again.

Here is a tweet of her mentioning she won the first case and is moving on to the next one.

https://twitter.com/tibber03/status/1041312569644871680

Infiltration is participating TGS for fighting game tournament but the real reason is to dodge the second trial. However the second one doesn't require his presence to commence so he's only sending his lawyer to the second trial.

Here are few pages of the transcripts of the audio. It was transcribed by an organization that does this kind of work professionally. The raw audio isn't accepted as a proof in the court so she had to pay the organization to make a court-acceptable proof.

https://imgur.com/a/geDPIv9

Apparently Infiltration also committed fraud against Razor when he was sponsored by Razor early last year. I haven't found a proof about this rumor yet and will post it when I find one.

[EDIT] We were able to find the case number as OP requested.

The first case number is 2017년 형제62460호. This case is for the domestic violence where Infiltration almost choked her to death. He received temporary restraining order right after.

After the temporary restraining order is over, he came to her apartment again and started destroying her stuffs and assaulted her again. The case number is 2018년 형제10532호. I believe he received another restraining order after this.

WARNING : Korean government and banking websites require you to install alot of their plug-ins as soon as you enter their websites. I believe these are not malwares but it's really tedious and hard if you can't read Korean. We have asked friends living in Korea to check the docs on the website and send us screenshots or PDF if possible. This process may take few more days because they have jobs and/or families but we'll update the comment as soon as we receive more.

You can check the original docs on http://www.kics.go.kr/ (형사사법포탈).

We made this account early this year and have prepared to expose Infiltration on NA community for long time. We understand majority of Infiltration fans won't believe no matter what we provide with this account but we have to be really careful not to leak any information about people helping us to gather proofs in Korea. Some of them are still active members of Korean FGC and interact with players and Twitch staffs in Korea daily. Most important the victim is not part of us. She still has ongoing lawsuit against Infiltration and can't speak about it at all until everything is over.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
this poo poo is legit pretty heavy so content warning for domestic violence etc
https://amp.reddit.com/r/Kappa/comm...&utm_name=Kappa

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

fadam posted:

What lore/drama did I miss? Is Infiltration a bad person, now?

He beat his then wife. ☹️

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Ah nuts, that's a bummer.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
holy poo poo

edit: also Endorph do you have a source for that quote?

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

He'll be fine, the FGC is a terrible scene that forgives and forgets a lot (see Aris)

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
in slightly lighter news Tokido is going to be competing in God's True Fighting Game: Catherine

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

There's a difference between making lovely jokes and habitual physical assault.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Double Bill posted:

He'll be fine, the FGC is a terrible scene that forgives and forgets a lot (see Aris)

Noel Brown, to be more exact, but this seems like a thing you can't just "oh it was heat of the moment" like Noel. Well, even if people turn a blind eye to him sponsors certainly won't, so Infil is gone from CPT, basically.

Fuckin' hell though.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

CharlestonJew posted:

holy poo poo

edit: also Endorph do you have a source for that quote?
its just a reddit post from someone's account they registered specifically to post it

https://www.reddit.com/r/LivestreamFail/comments/9guj70/the_real_reason_jake_is_in_japan/e684cqa/

so like, its a 'rumor,' but there's tweets and court listings and poo poo. they're in korean, but they still say the things theyre supposed to say, and that is veritably his ex-wife's twitter and stuff

AntifaSupersoldier
Jul 30, 2003

Reality is what you can get away with
Hell Gem
What a piece of poo poo. That's probably like a 10-1 matchup.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

oh well gently caress him then

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Endorph posted:

its just a reddit post from someone's account they registered specifically to post it

https://www.reddit.com/r/LivestreamFail/comments/9guj70/the_real_reason_jake_is_in_japan/e684cqa/

so like, its a 'rumor,' but there's tweets and court listings and poo poo. they're in korean, but they still say the things theyre supposed to say, and that is veritably his ex-wife's twitter and stuff

yeah, unless multiple people are falsifying translations of all the tweets and court documents it seems pretty legit.

poor girl, I hope she's somewhere safe. if he beat her because he lost at EVO imagine how he'll react when his fgc career is torn apart

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Dias posted:

Noel Brown, to be more exact, but this seems like a thing you can't just "oh it was heat of the moment" like Noel. Well, even if people turn a blind eye to him sponsors certainly won't, so Infil is gone from CPT, basically.

Fuckin' hell though.

Noel got kicked out of the CPT and was only banned from Evo for a year but it's not like he really recovered to the same success or notoriety even if the community at large never really shunned him. Frustrating he's still around in any capacity though.

And as much as I hate Ari's abusing and torturing someone as it seems is orders of magnitude worse than publicly harassing someone off a reality show.

Blood Libel posted:

What a piece of poo poo. That's probably like a 10-1 matchup.
This poo poo isn't funny

Shiki Dan
Oct 27, 2010

If ya can move ya toes ya back's fine

I know this has been part of DoA for a while, but I still can't get over the fact that falling multiple stories and landing flat on your spine does about the same amount of damage as a jab combo.

Also Infiltration, holy poo poo you loving psycho, take away all of his assets and put him in jail already.

Dracula Factory
Sep 7, 2007

What's wrong with Aris? Yeah his jokes fall flat 99% of the time but he's the most consistent tekken streamer and he does a lot of stuff to help people learn.

Baron Snow
Feb 8, 2007

Aris harassed a female player during the promo event for Cross Tekken

edit:

https://kotaku.com/5889066/competitive-gamers-inflammatory-comments-spark-sexual-harassment-debate

Baron Snow fucked around with this message at 20:23 on Sep 20, 2018

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

quote:

In a recent interview, competitive gamer Aris Bakhtanians said "sexual harassment is part of [the] culture" in the fighting game community

quote:

. He takes control of the camera and spends a whole lot of time focusing it on Pakozdi, who appears to be the only woman in the room. He focuses on her butt and breasts, shooing people away when they block his view. He also makes some comments about her feet and thighs that may seem out of line to, well, anybody.

Later in the video, Bakhtanians moves over to Pakozdi and starts talking to her while she plays the game. She is visibly uncomfortable. After a minute or so, she says she has to go to the bathroom.

quote:

I think the sink or swim mentality is something that defined our culture, and if you remove it it removes something which has been important to help create some of the best fighting game players of our time.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

mango sentinel posted:

Noel got kicked out of the CPT and was only banned from Evo for a year but it's not like he really recovered to the same success or notoriety even if the community at large never really shunned him. Frustrating he's still around in any capacity though.

And as much as I hate Ari's abusing and torturing someone as it seems is orders of magnitude worse than publicly harassing someone off a reality show.

This poo poo isn't funny

Yeah, but we also need to remember that Noel came back AFTER punching his GF (although he at least served time for it), and a lot of people were okay with the dude, the bans were after the harrassment at CEO.

Actually I remember one goon being all IT'S RACIST THAT YOU GUYS WANNA CRUCIFY NOEL FOR ONE MISTAKE HE SHOULD BE ALLOWED TO COMPETE and that was hilarious. But I digress. Now that poo poo is ESPORTS these types of things stick, if only because people in the community don't wanna hurt their brand when it's undeniable.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
most of the reason why noel brown was able to stick around is cause he's friends with jwong, same with marn

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Baron Snow posted:

Aris harassed a female player reeeeal bad during the promo event for Cross Tekken

like, to the point where the player got up and left the event because she feared for her safety

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0SLDgPbjp0M

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Dias posted:

Yeah, but we also need to remember that Noel came back AFTER punching his GF (although he at least served time for it), and a lot of people were okay with the dude, the bans were after the harrassment at CEO.

Actually I remember one goon being all IT'S RACIST THAT YOU GUYS WANNA CRUCIFY NOEL FOR ONE MISTAKE HE SHOULD BE ALLOWED TO COMPETE and that was hilarious. But I digress. Now that poo poo is ESPORTS these types of things stick, if only because people in the community don't wanna hurt their brand when it's undeniable.

tbf i definitely think there was an element of racism to the fact that noel brown getting banned when other people who did things just as bad werent banned, but there was also stuff like him already being kind of a toxic figure and stuff

and also the solution should be 'ban those people too' not 'dont ban noel'

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Dias posted:

Yeah a room full of witnesses wasnt enough, he got booted for groping a girl on camera at a Capcom event iirc.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Endorph posted:

tbf i definitely think there was an element of racism to the fact that noel brown getting banned when other people who did things just as bad werent banned, but there was also stuff like him already being kind of a toxic figure and stuff

and also the solution should be 'ban those people too' not 'dont ban noel'

No, mate, you're misunderstanding me, that was when he wasn't banned at all (but did get locked up) and also you're wrong there because He Wasn't Banned At All.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
basically no one likes noel brown except justin wong so that was kind of a huge contributing factor.

like the worst people in the scene i have interacted with are marn, noel brown, and flash metroid in that order.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

Endorph posted:

I still don't understand why they posted this as a reply to a random thread in a different subreddit.

I kinda figured something was up from how his marriage went to divorce within one year but I thought it was more of a "this guy must be a pain in the rear end to deal wit th personally" way, not like this. :smith:

edit: Also yeah Aris sucks beyond lovely jokes, which unfortunately proves that guy's point.

mycot fucked around with this message at 20:52 on Sep 20, 2018

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Dias posted:

No, mate, you're misunderstanding me, that was when he wasn't banned at all (but did get locked up) and also you're wrong there because He Wasn't Banned At All.
oh i see now, fair

there are def. some people who could have gotten away with even the harassment on camera tho

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

mycot posted:

I still don't understand why they posted this as a reply to a random thread in a different subreddit.
because he kept getting banned from all the fighting game subreddits for trying to post this actual evidence of it happening

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

anime was right posted:

basically no one likes noel brown except justin wong so that was kind of a huge contributing factor.

thank god

also for someone that only got caught doing one kinda lovely thing jwong has a hella track record when it comes to scumbag friends

can we ban marn

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
well there was that one time jwong got really touchy feely with an 8 year old girl playing pokken

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Dias posted:

thank god

also for someone that only got caught doing one kinda lovely thing jwong has a hella track record when it comes to scumbag friends

can we ban marn

It's cuz he a sxumbag too buddy

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?
SF5 is so bad it makes people beat their wife

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

mycot posted:

if you watch the video in the original post Infiltration is in it

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Pomp posted:

It's cuz he a sxumbag too buddy

I mean, probably, I'm just saying the only time he got caught was the CollusionGate. He should teach his buddies how to be better at scumbagging. Maybe he shouldn't, actually.

RevolverDivider
Nov 12, 2016

darealkooky posted:

SF5 is so bad it makes people beat their wife

gently caress off

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~

dragon enthusiast posted:

well there was that one time jwong got really touchy feely with an 8 year old girl playing pokken

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

lets go justin