Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

IcePhoenix posted:

I got a farfetch'd from an egg today and that was cool

I am also almost on the seventh step of both the Mew and Celebi quests (this event has been a boon to my magikarp candy because it's been raining all week) so that's cool.

I'm 10 candies away from Gyrados thanks to this event. Walking an Eevee right now but if I don't get enough by time I'm done with that it's time to leash the fish again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Untrustable
Mar 17, 2009

I have evolved my shiny Kabuto and named him Scyther. It's only right.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Untrustable posted:

I have evolved my shiny Kabuto and named him Scyther. It's only right.

This is how to play pokemon

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Oyster posted:

Rolled up to an Articuno raid while traveling to a different site for work, didn't want to get out of my car because I was in a handicap spot, normally I just walk from work. There was a straggler on discord, but he said he was rounding the corner and to start the lobby. I hopped in, there were 3 people already in the lobby with 50 seconds left, probably people not on the discord that were hanging out in front of the gym. We battle, it ends, I take off to go to the site I was supposed to fix things for work. Looked at discord to see if anyone got a shiny and found a large string of insults directed at me and how the straggler didn't get in because I started the lobby early (I didn't, the pubbies did) and how I'm blacklisted from any raid he's in.

Some people in my normal raid group asked why he didn't tag someone asking to back out and assured him that I don't normally do that, and he went off on a tangent about "mansplaining" and how "he's probably not a bad person but he was already on my blacklist, now he's banned from this group, I'm done wasting dollars if he doesn't wait."

We're two days away from being ultra friends and I don't know what I did to get on his original blacklist(?), and the only mistake I made was not popping back to discord to make sure he was in, but it kinda sucks that several people not in my normal raid group bought into his diatribe. I get it, everyone has lost a pass because people started early and that sucks, but that's taking it to another level.

What, did he think the two of you were going to duo an articuno?

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

This event sucks and this game hates me. Of the 19 eggs I hatched 18 were alolan meowths and 1 kanga on the very last egg, just to rub it in.

Oyster
Nov 11, 2005

I GOT FLAT FEET JUST LIKE MY HERO MEGAMAN
Total Clam

Away all Goats posted:

What, did he think the two of you were going to duo an articuno?

No, there were 4 people from discord. He didn't make it in, there were 7 total in the lobby.

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.

Furnaceface posted:

This event sucks and this game hates me. Of the 19 eggs I hatched 18 were alolan meowths and 1 kanga on the very last egg, just to rub it in.

Jesus Christ that’s the worst ive seen

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
good: 5 person pubbie zapdos raid was fun

bad: every zapdos I have is 80% or lower

SuperKlaus
Oct 20, 2005

Fun Shoe
So to the best of our knowledge friend eggs received before 1 PM tomorrow can still give shots at regionals?

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Furnaceface posted:

Don’t give up! Just follow this guy’s lead:

https://youtu.be/CYzs4yBBjJ4

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

slave to my cravings posted:

Jesus Christ that’s the worst ive seen

Normally I love Persian because of Technician and it always catches people off guard.

But since there are no abilities in this game I hate that smug cat. :smith:

BrainMeats
Aug 20, 2000

We have evolved beyond the need for posting.

Soiled Meat

SuperKlaus posted:

So to the best of our knowledge friend eggs received before 1 PM tomorrow can still give shots at regionals?

Yes. Also the ten days after that. Regional eggs go until the end of the month.

X13Fen
Oct 18, 2006

"Is that an accurate quote? It should be.
I think about it often enough."
Last batch of 9 regionals was the best yet - 2x Tauros, 2x Porygon, and 4x Mr Mime!!!

X13Fen fucked around with this message at 10:05 on Sep 20, 2018

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

yeah i hatched three mr. mimes yesterday as well, dunno if they increased the chances or what

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nose Manual + Super Sonic Spin Attack
All I want is one Tauros. Maybe 2 in case my GF doesnt get one.

put both hands in
Nov 28, 2007

:swoon:FYFE:swoon:
I'm up to three Tauros' now. All I want is a Mr Mime :cmon:

X13Fen
Oct 18, 2006

"Is that an accurate quote? It should be.
I think about it often enough."

put both hands in posted:

I'm up to three Tauros' now. All I want is a Mr Mime :cmon:

I'll be down your way in December and March if you don't get one before then!

omnibobb
Dec 3, 2005
Title text'd
Got my Kanto dex filled. If she cant get what she needs, Ive got what Friend 1 needs now. On to Friend 2 and 3.

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe
Hatched Mr. Mime and finished the regionals. I just need to catch Arcticuno today!

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Got a Kangaskahn today :toot:

I think that just leaves Mr. Mime for regionals since I am in Tauros region and I got a duck yesterday?

OgreNoah
Nov 18, 2003

I caught a second shiny Geodude, and hatched a Mr. Mime yesterday, it's been a good couple of days.

SuperKlaus
Oct 20, 2005

Fun Shoe

BrainMeats posted:

Yes. Also the ten days after that. Regional eggs go until the end of the month.

Thanks!

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope
How much egg progress do you lose when you "go too fast?" I have been crawling along with the lowest gear on my bicycle, going 7-9 km/h, but some times (maybe gps drift pushes it over the limit???) I get the "you're going too fast" dialog.

Do I lose the distance travelled during last minute? The next minute? Last 10 minutes?

Also lately my in-game position has lagged hundreds of meters behind where I actually am. It also feels like there is a rubber band or something between my real position and the in-game position because my avatar will cut corners severely if i stop and wait for the position to catch up. (this has caused my go-tcha to miss pokestops several times)

NZAmoeba
Feb 14, 2005

It turns out it's MAN!
Hair Elf

SuperKlaus posted:

A page like this one is helpful when there's multiple things going on at once: https://pokemon.gameinfo.io/en/events

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

Supposedly EX Passes going out between now and Sunday.

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe
Caught Articuno! Mewtwo and my Dex is complete! :hellyeah:

MY PALE GOTH SKIN
Nov 28, 2006

meow

Fire Storm posted:

Love the Go-Tcha watch. What app are people using to overlays/checking 'Mons?

CalcyIV for Droid, PokieGenie for iOS

Comrade Koba
Jul 2, 2007

Finally got a Tauros yesterday after hatching like fifteen loving Meowths. Thanks, guy from Evanston, IL! :dance:

Black Feather
Apr 14, 2012

Call someone who cares.
29 eggs hatched and the only mon I haven't gotten so far is the one I need to complete my Kanto dex (Kanga.) :argh:

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

I got my second Tauros. This one's from Australia.

Still no mine or kangaroo. :negative:

MY PALE GOTH SKIN
Nov 28, 2006

meow
Current Mewtwos know fire, ice, or electric moves. Because Niantic is trolls.

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

Wheany posted:

How much egg progress do you lose when you "go too fast?" I have been crawling along with the lowest gear on my bicycle, going 7-9 km/h, but some times (maybe gps drift pushes it over the limit???) I get the "you're going too fast" dialog.

Do I lose the distance travelled during last minute? The next minute? Last 10 minutes?

Distance tracking sucks poo poo and it's pointless trying to game it. Out of curiosity I tried running with the app open when I ran a 10k earlier this week and by the end of the run I'd only gained 1.2km. A quick internet search found this reddit thread where they discuss it in more detail, but long story short: the game pings your location every minute, and if you're more than 175m from your last position it won't count any of that minute's movement. This translates to a 10.5kph upper limit. I run 10k in about 45 minutes hence my run counting for basically nothing. The other thing that's relatively new is the game only updates the displayed egg distance every 8 minutes now instead of 4.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
Great timing on an update force too. I was able to finish a raid and fail to catch Mewtwo before it came up at least

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

MY PALE GOTH SKIN posted:

Current Mewtwos know fire, ice, or electric moves. Because Niantic is trolls.

Haha what why

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Comrade Koba posted:

Finally got a Tauros yesterday after hatching like fifteen loving Meowths. Thanks, guy from Evanston, IL! :dance:

:toot:

MY PALE GOTH SKIN
Nov 28, 2006

meow
Lmaooo Mewtwo is 60k CP. No trios!

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Stupid
Bread Liar

MY PALE GOTH SKIN posted:

Lmaooo Mewtwo is 60k CP. No trios!

Good, making people work to get Mewtwo via larger groups is a good thing.

Pez
Feb 28, 2002

Thanks to CoX, my stairs will be protected forever!

Louisgod posted:

Not when you live in a small town with few players

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Louisgod posted:

Lol no it's not

I just failed a 3 man Lapras raid because about 1/3 of people in raids near me just afk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Stupid
Bread Liar

mastershakeman posted:

Lol no it's not

I just failed a 3 man Lapras raid because about 1/3 of people in raids near me just afk

That owns, I love it when you get owned

• Locked thread