Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
i assume in the next fight ohma will try the advance and get clowned on by Raian when he uses the release or whatever their version is called leading to him fully remembering all the Niko stuff and winning using that

i've not read any of the raws

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Really doubt Cosmo will be fighting in the next round, considering his injuries. The better question to ask is which fighter will sub for him.... Who would be most kick-rear end opponent for Ohma at that point?

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

JosephWongKS posted:

Cosmo went "Master... Bro... Adam... I swear I'll win..."

That means that Adam Dudley is already as dear to Cosmo as his teacher and Nishihonji. :allears:

Adam is dear to us all.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
I'd love to see Adam fight again, but there's no way they draw all of those tattoos again.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Lt. Lizard posted:

Really doubt Cosmo will be fighting in the next round, considering his injuries. The better question to ask is which fighter will sub for him.... Who would be most kick-rear end opponent for Ohma at that point?

There's a one-day break in between the second round and the next round. Enough time for Cosmo to give Adam a crash-course in grappling and groundwork, on top of the natural strength and striking skills that Adam already has.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Now, hopefully Cosmo realizes that Akoya is actually more than just a threat as a fighter and snaps his neck before he gets up.

Suspicious Lump posted:

edit: wait, was she loving her cousin? :stare:

They didn't specifically confirm that so I prefer to imagine that he snuck in and started strangling her with the rope and that's just what she sleeps in.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

Lt. Lizard posted:

Tbh it's probably gonna be Setsuna

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

Brought To You By posted:

Now I really need that spin-off series where it's just the women's division of KA duking it out.

I, too, would love to watch Hibiki one-punching the poo poo out of everyone.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

blizzardvizard posted:

Tbh it's probably gonna be Setsuna

this is the final battle surely

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Daily updates for this manga are like manna from Heaven.

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

Jose posted:

this is the final battle surely

Yeah I’m on this boat. I feel like Akito is going to crush Gaolang then get iced by Setsuna in an upset. We have to assume Setsuna is at least as strong as Niko before he died. Who, so far, seems to have been portrayed as barely trying in the flashbacks

I have also not read any raws

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
I have read the raws and confirmed that the final match is adam dudley vs the disney guy, double knockout finish for co ownership of the kengan association which quickly falls to the new corrupting western influences in a brief epilogue.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

I R SMART LIKE ROCK posted:

Yeah I’m on this boat. I feel like Akito is going to crush Gaolang then get iced by Setsuna in an upset. We have to assume Setsuna is at least as strong as Niko before he died. Who, so far, seems to have been portrayed as barely trying in the flashbacks

I have also not read any raws

he'd be facing Sen before Setsuna if he doesn't defect as it currently stands

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

:yeah:

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

Jose posted:

he'd be facing Sen before Setsuna if he doesn't defect as it currently stands

I assumed something will happen to Sen and it’ll be presumed he’s flaking again. This would cost the Nogi group a lot of cred and could dove tail into the meta plot line going on with the island invasion

I R SMART LIKE ROCK fucked around with this message at 15:44 on Sep 20, 2018

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

RareAcumen posted:

They didn't specifically confirm that so I prefer to imagine that he snuck in and started strangling her with the rope and that's just what she sleeps in.

why was he shirtless though

Sextro
Aug 23, 2014

CharlestonJew posted:

I don't know about you, but I know I do all my strangling while shirtless.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
It's a work of fiction and involves things way more unbelievable than cousins shagging.

Like Adam's distaste for mayo on fries.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

CharlestonJew posted:

What, you wear a shirt when you're killing your family?

Hate-Senpai posted:

It's a work of fiction and involves things way more unbelievable than cousins shagging.

I'm not saying I'm right and you're wrong, just telling you how I prefer to interpret it.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

RareAcumen posted:

What, you wear a shirt when you're killing your family?

I mean Hannibal wore a full body suit so he wouldn't get DNA on him when he did his murders so yeah

although I guess when you're ultra-rich and the police are either impotent or completely batshit crazy you can just do whatever in your crime sprees

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
Theme music to today's chapter:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=edVTfVmubY0

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

I feel like Ohma will barely lose to Raian and then take Cosmo's place for an immediate rematch.

Besides that, murder doctor maybe stab this dude in the face while he's out.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Hypocrisy posted:

I feel like Ohma will barely lose to Raian and then take Cosmo's place for an immediate rematch.

Ohma would never abandon Kazzy like that

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
I just can't see Ohma and Kazzy being split up like that

^^hell yeah solidarity

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

https://twitter.com/mrfeelswildride/status/1042838534845952000

Absolutely right, HNG puts official scans to shame on this

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

Hypocrisy posted:

Reminder that if the fighter under Kazzy loses a match, Kazzy will lose everything, possibly including his life, due to the "deal" that was forced on him by Nogi.

Magissima
Apr 15, 2013

I'd like to introduce you to some of the most special of our rocks and minerals.
Soiled Meat
Is it just me or is Ohma pretty much the least interesting fighter at this point?

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Oh most definitely

Wild Horses
Oct 31, 2012

There's really no meaning in making beetles fight.
If only he didnt have powerups

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
this manga is about a single-elimination tournament and still does a better job of keeping side characters relevant than most other action manga

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Magissima posted:

Is it just me or is Ohma pretty much the least interesting fighter at this point?

He's a hot blooded MC who uses a versitile martial arts style that has an answer for most things in the form of a specific kata. Also has dark hado transformation. And a backstory of a barely remembered mentor, and growing up in a ghetto.

Compared to the Parton saint of pro wrestling, a Disney mascot who is also a greaser, a kick boxer with a titanium skeleton, an assassin from a clan of eugenics freaks, and so many others he has a more lackluster and familiar characterization so far.

I still like him but yeah I'm rooting for so many other people he kind of just exists. Kazzy is the real MC as far as I'm concerned.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Magissima posted:

Eh, I think he's pretty interesting.

He's got a cool fighting style that's all about redirecting his opponents attacks. A mysterious backstory which he's only now remembering bits and pieces of.

He's just not, like, particularly more interesting than any other fighter, which is unusual for this kind of series. I think the real protagonist is still Kazzy, which is why we get so much time with every fight. He's the viewpoint character, still being amazed and overwhelmed by this crazy world he's been dropped into.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
kazzy's watson. he's the protagonist, but not the hero.

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
Main characters being kinda middle of the road compared to their wild and crazy foes (who often go on to become supporting cast) is kind of de rigueur in fiction that revolves around climactic clashes between colorful weirdos. Just look at Batman.

Magissima
Apr 15, 2013

I'd like to introduce you to some of the most special of our rocks and minerals.
Soiled Meat
Having a personality that can only be described as "main character" is part of the problem, but really he doesn't even get that much screen time or interaction with the colorful weirdos. I'm certain he'll be more interesting once his fight starts but going off to do boring shounen training when everybody cool is hanging out at the beach? C'mon man

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
ohma's a loner while most of the other fighters are good-natured and social. heck, even fang is more friendly than ohma and he barely understands the concept of being friendly.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
Well if Agito would watch some Ultraman he would learn all about friendship and working in a group.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled
Ohma has kind of been doing a slow burn character arc where it's all but stated that the Ohma we've seen fight up to this point isn't the "real" Ohma, which is good, because the Ohma we've seen fight so far has basically just been doing a knockoff of the Kure Clan thing.

Given how basically every real fight has been loving insane so far, I've got high hopes for Ohma, Except He Actually Remembers How To Do The Niko Style.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
he's one of the few people that recognizes Kazzy's potential and that speaks volumes about Ohma