Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
old.flv
Jan 28, 2017

A good lad who likes his Anna's.
wtf

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Dan Didio posted:

lol, I like McGregor's new schtick as a sort of slimy Trump Whiskey guy.

This poo poo sounds really lame when fanboys aren't roaring after every line.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Hahaha Jesus Christ

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

I.N.R.I posted:

doesn't matter to me cos there shouldn't be any in his blood stream. if he tested positive for an amount that small then it just means there was a much larger amount in his body at one point. it's not like they tested him directly as a single molecule of turinabol drifted in through the window and got stuck in one of his nose hairs

Yeah I get that, but it (and the previous tests) at least adds a layer of plausibility to his claim that it was unintentional ingestion of a trace amount. I have reasonable doubt now that he intentionally ingested Turinabol, considering all of the other factors.

Basically whenever I've seen that excuse in the past I've been like "lol it would have to be loving picograms for me to start even considering that excuse..."

Well, here we are.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

CommonShore posted:

Yeah I get that, but it (and the previous tests) at least adds a layer of plausibility to his claim that it was unintentional ingestion of a trace amount. I have reasonable doubt now that he intentionally ingested Turinabol, considering all of the other factors.

Basically whenever I've seen that excuse in the past I've been like "lol it would have to be loving picograms for me to start even considering that excuse..."

Well, here we are.

He intentionally ingested it whether it was from coke or steroids.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
It's like when a sitcom with a laugh track suddenly goes without.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

What the gently caress is this?

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
The guy tested positive for loving Clomid and then tested positive for a turinabol metabolite. Writing is on the loving wall.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

This is a shitshow

old.flv
Jan 28, 2017

conor is finally getting under his skin

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Oh good. I missed discussions about who looks shook before every fight.

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

mods rename me psycho bread

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

“I don’t have to lick no ones rear end in a top hat for a check like fookin you”

Tyree
Sep 11, 2003

STRETCH

STRETCH

STRETCH
My favorite part of all Conor press conferences is when his opponent talks about his teammates and all of a sudden Conor has nothing and sits quietly.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Conor has a great grasp on geopolitics

threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

That guy needs an audience, poo poo is just weird without the crowd cheering.

FlyingCowOfDoom
Aug 1, 2003

let the beat drop
wow Dana White is the world's biggest bitch

Cart Mountain
Nov 1, 2004

lol @ Ali getting yelled at

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
This is awful. I sincerely unironically hope Khabib actually murders him in there. Like snaps his neck while he's tapping.

Skjorte
Jul 5, 2010
Conor talking about how he would've been locked up for life after killing Khabib if he'd gotten off the bus, how he's going to continue stomping on his head when he knocks him out in the cage, and how Khabib and his entire family is going to get murdered in their home if he pulls out makes me think Conor should maybe just go back home to his money/coke vault instead of jeopardizing the fight with his insanity.

old.flv
Jan 28, 2017

it's almost like he's trying to sell a fight you dweebs

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Gay Horney posted:

The guy tested positive for loving Clomid and then tested positive for a turinabol metabolite. Writing is on the loving wall.

Probably

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
He just looks like a stupid rear end in a top hat with no crowds. No cheering fans and he's still rambling like this. Fuuuuuuck this is absolutely awful.

Diddie
Sep 1, 2001

What the heck is going on in here???
They'll add crowd noises for the promos. You're getting really worked up that a guy said some things while promoting a fight.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

old.flv posted:

That doesn't mean he didn't look like a cringey drug fiend.

Skjorte
Jul 5, 2010

old.flv posted:

Threatening people's families and talking about assaulting one's opponent post-match is a weird way of going about it outside of pro wrestling.

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

Is this the first time you guys have seen a Conor McGregor press conference?

old.flv
Jan 28, 2017

TheKingslayer posted:

That doesn't mean he didn't look like a cringey drug fiend.

Skjorte posted:

Threatening people's families and talking about assaulting one's opponent post-match is a weird way of going about it outside of pro wrestling.

did you guys just start watching mma this week or something?

Skjorte
Jul 5, 2010
No, did you? Other than Frank Mir's off the cuff Brock remark a decade ago, when have you seen serious death threats like this? Conor talking about riding into the favelas on horseback and poo poo was cartoonish bravado, talking about coming and murdering someone's family if they pull out of the fight is a different thing altogether.

I've watched all of Conor's pres conferences, and this one is clearly different because Conor didn't come prepared with any jokes, one-liners, or anything, and seems to be harping on nothing but the Artem incident and wanting to kill Khabib. He's obviously become more and more unhinged the bigger he's gotten, which is pretty sad. I hope the fight happens and I'll gladly watch it regardless of the stupid poo poo either guy says, I just think Conor is making himself look insanely bad and unlikable to a degree he doesn't usually do.

Skjorte fucked around with this message at 23:46 on Sep 20, 2018

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

chaleski posted:

Is this the first time you guys have seen a Conor McGregor press conference?

What, does watching a bunch of them make them less stupid?

old.flv
Jan 28, 2017

Skjorte posted:

I've watched all of them and this one is clearly different because Conor didn't come prepared with any jokes, one-liners, or anything, and seems to be harping on nothing but the Artem incident and wanting to kill Khabib. He's obviously become more and more unhinged the bigger he's gotten, which is pretty sad. I hope the fight happens and I'll gladly watch it regardless of the stupid poo poo either guy says, I just think Conor is making himself look insanely bad and unlikable to a degree he doesn't usually do.

conor said he would raid the favelas on horseback before he knocked out Aldo in 13 seconds

you are dumb as hell

Skjorte
Jul 5, 2010

old.flv posted:

conor said he would raid the favelas on horseback before he knocked out Aldo in 13 seconds

you are dumb as hell

I edited my comment to address that specific line, actually. Pretty clear difference to me, but feel free to insult me for having a different opinion than you.

mewse
May 2, 2006

Why did they have this press conference in an empty auditorium...

Diddie
Sep 1, 2001

What the heck is going on in here???
Did Mike Tyson really eat that poor guys children???

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

mewse posted:

Why did they have this press conference in an empty auditorium...

Dana said they didn't want any trouble in New York again. I'm not exactly sure what he thinks would happen. Maybe members of their entourages sneaking in or whatever? It was obviously a poor decision.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
Famously reasonable figure Mike Tyson.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Diddie posted:

Did Mike Tyson really eat that poor guys children???

My favorite is when he threatened to stomp on those children's testicles.

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?
conor looks like a moron all the time. he was throwing cans of monster energy.

FlyingCowOfDoom
Aug 1, 2003

let the beat drop

TheKingslayer posted:

My favorite is when he threatened to stomp on those children's testicles.

I liked when he told that one guy he would gently caress him till he loved him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
I fuckin love mcgregor press conferences this was a different animal. Grabbing aldos belt and saying he was doing it for Brazil was fun. It was insouciant and disrespectful but it was fun.

Then Conor threw a dolly through a bus window and hosed a bunch of people up, then we saw whatever the gently caress that was.

I agree that Conor McGregor is about as stable and likeable as 90s Tyson. Why this would be offered up in defense of mcgregor is beyond me.

• Locked thread