Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

weirdest euphemism ever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
Quid’s posts on KB are good and I enjoy playing with Quid

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Quidthulhu posted:

Please inform me, then, as to why you agree with a hard vote on me from three posts, one of which is a single word, and only 1/3rd if include anything game related

You voted for me after admittedly not reading anything and based off of one post I made and the votecount from the day before.

Why is your vote fine and his obviously means he's scum making poo poo up?

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I obtain sexual gratification from observing people being inflicted with violent head injuries
I'm finding this all hard to follow but I like Quids posts the last page but Asiina is definitely putting in the most effort and *frels* town to me because of that.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

I'm trying to explain that I'm a person who wishes to live a very quiet life.
I’ve never seen Asiina so engaged in a game and this honestly kinda kicks rear end. I think the last 4 games I’ve been in with her she checked out instantly.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

Asiina posted:

You voted for me after admittedly not reading anything and based off of one post I made and the votecount from the day before.

Why is your vote fine and his obviously means he's scum making poo poo up?

i never said my vote was fine, but i also didn't say it was ABSOLUTELY a serious vote when called out about it as KB did

if you think a vote around a single post is scummy in practice, then i don't see why you don't agree with my Mona case, which is anchored around my finding it weird he didn't expand upon him and then when pressed to explain, returned to the same initial post 2 pages prior to double down on his defense instead of explaining his case in more detail based on what he saw in the subsequent pages

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

and see here we go, i am going to go back and closely reread this part of the thread to see if my initial blast in the face read was right or if i have missed details since everyone is telling me i have. if i haven't missed details, i'm gonna be real mad at all y'all for wasting my time insisting that my reads are incorrect due to lack of knowledge. you better have a good followup defense if you are lying to me.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

i correctly remembered that Monathin's initial post quoting Yami with his vote was a post on page 10 quoting from page 8. guess i should have been paying more close attention!!

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
I mean, you should probably read regardless

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Quidthulhu posted:

if you think a vote around a single post is scummy in practice, then i don't see why you don't agree with my Mona case, which is anchored around my finding it weird he didn't expand upon him and then when pressed to explain, returned to the same initial post 2 pages prior to double down on his defense instead of explaining his case in more detail based on what he saw in the subsequent pages

This is all one sentence and it makes me angry

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Quidthulhu posted:

this is a bad post because it's pretty cherry picky. like maybe mona is catching up and i'll come to an about face later but this post is from page 8 and mona drops it with a vote on page 10 and i don't know how you miss the argument that occurs in between before you drop a vote.

All of yami's posts from the initial quote to where Monathin comes in to vote him, with some context around it:

Yami Fenrir posted:

##vote Asiina

Not buying it. That vote post about the turbo is bad as hell (it's so easy to make people look bad on either side of that fence because it's a turbo.

After that goes on full defensive and the defense looks pretty word-twisting and dishonest to boot.

Asiina posted:

Who is making people look bad for voting or not voting in the turbo? Where did I imply either of those things? I get very frustrated at people's inability to read.

Yami Fenrir posted:

How about you learn to read yourself, then.

Yami Fenrir posted:

I literally just said it's an easy way to throw shade at people from.

Speaking of which, pretty much every person I played with that went "HURR DUR UR ALL SO DUMB AND CAN'T READ" when pushed on has been scum so far, so my vote is gonna stay there.

Asiina posted:

Where did I imply people on the turbo are scum?

Where did I imply people not on the turbo are scum?

Don't just say things. Show your work.

Max posted:

I'm quoting this so people can directly read what Asiina said. I definitely don't read any pressure or finger pointing from her here, this is just a way to get people to engage.

Yami Fenrir posted:

This is a callout post. You are literally calling out people for not being on a turbo on a flipped town. You say it generates content but it will pretty much only generate content that can easily be twisted.

Someone explains why they didn't want to vote imgay? "Cautious scum!"
Someone explains why they would have voted imgay? "Scum jumping on easy lynch!"

Of course, then we'll argue that's a super easy accusation to make and all we did was waste time.

In the end, I'm pretty pinged by the fact that you don't seem to be trying to scumhunt in other ways and went on a full on defensive mode against the people being suspicious to you more so than that post alone..

Yami Fenrir posted:

Are you two being willfully dense?

Let me spell it out for you then: That post was a platform for future shade throwing that Asiina was called out on. I never implied she did any of it. I'm saying the post is bad and then going on the defensive makes her look bad to me.

Yami Fenrir posted:

I'm going to get back to actually getting some more reads done since this is a circlejerk.

Want to hear more from DB since they've been really content light so far.

And also Birdstrike hasn't posted at all yet you should probably start doing that.

Max posted:

Your entire case is based off of an assumption about what Scum-Asiina would do.

Max posted:

You did answer that but also assumed the question was a trap and shade throwing, which it wasn't, she just wanted to know why you didn't participate in the turbo. A fair question.

Yami Fenrir posted:

I would have had a better case if some people didn't turn Day 2 into the new Day 1. Slam Dunk cases are unlikely to pop up already.

Max posted:

No it's not? I'm directly addressing the case that Yami is presenting and why I have such a huge problem with it. You're the one turning it into a theoretical question.

Yami Fenrir posted:

Hold up, was doing reads. Lemme find it.

Max posted:

Like Asiina's initial question is turning into a rorschach test, people are seeing the motive they want to see in it. I saw a pretty fair question posed to get people to post and put down thoughts. Apparently others saw a devious trap that would surely catch them out and decided to strike first before bothering to see if she would even do that.

Max posted:

I'm going in circles with this explanation, and don't want this to become an impenetrable argument that others have trouble engaging with. My point boils down to this: Unless you are a pyschic and can see the future, and somehow knew Asiina's followup to whatever answers people were going to give to her question, you have no reason to assume that's what she was planning to do based on what was posed.

first mona pop in:

Monathin posted:

hi.

I didn't even look at the game until the turbo had happened and I just woke up after having to go in for a supremely early interview. I'm almost caught up, gimme a bit.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

the entirety of the mona vote justification:

mona votes:

Monathin posted:

Yami, I've read your fake cases, this feels like a fake case.

##vote Yami

mona discusses his reads:

Monathin posted:

Quick hits: I didn't find anything scummy about Asiina's post (my answer to it: I would not have turbo'd imgay because I hate turbos and having fun as a principle)

- While I think Yami had their hackles up, AA is doing their usual bark-up-the-wrong-tree seeming Bad Town game that they don't usually trot out when they're scum, so I'm feeling towny on them right now.

- YPM's case on Gaspy seems alright for a D1 case but I'm always low-key suspicious of YPM so I'm not quite 100% sold on it yet. Gaspy's play thus far has also had me more reminiscent of Samurai Mafia.

- Max seems alright right now, but I've been bamboozled by scum Max before, so I'm putting them in the Null Zone.

- Feeling DickyB for town.

- Humalong seems like he's flying under the radar, don't entirely like that.

Ok anyway hello I'm caught up now.

merk complains:

merk posted:

Monathin, who is scum and why is that player scum? Your catch up post only has town reads (besides the YPM thing).

mona says that it was, in fact, the initial post that his entire case was based on:

Monathin posted:

As for why, I think Yami's case on Asiina read as particularly fake, especially compared to AA, whose case clearly reads as more genuine if frustrated.

I don't like Huma's take of "neutral read on DickyB because DickyB's posting is always scummy" then slowly trying to walk it to a "DickyB is scum" opinion, and I feel like he's coasting under the bigger arguments that have happened today.

then mona posts the analysis of that post again when prompted by yami.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Asphyxious posted:

I’ve never seen Asiina so engaged in a game and this honestly kinda kicks rear end. I think the last 4 games I’ve been in with her she checked out instantly.

Just remember this when it's like D5 and I've lost the plot on what people are talking about and just kinda phone it in for a day or so.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Quidthulhu posted:

i never said my vote was fine, but i also didn't say it was ABSOLUTELY a serious vote when called out about it as KB did

I don't think a vote around a single post is scummy in practice. I'm objecting to you making a case against KB for doing something you also did.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

my points:

1. i have a lot of feelings and thoughts on EVERYTHING YAMI DID post his initial vote on asiina. i just reread all of it and it made me feel a lot of things! and yet mona posts THREE TIMES IN A ROW that it's just the vote on asiina. that, to me, is weird.

Quidthulhu posted:

I have read a lot of the beginning of D2 but I glazed over on most of it and a lot of it is people arguing about playstyle differences to the point that many people excused themselves from continuing that line of discussion, saying “this is really an argument about playstyle differences and that has no merit on this game.” I’m not going to spend a lot of time fine tooth combing that when the people involved seem to universally agree about it.

i was wrong about this, it was people talking about a circular argument that was going nowhere, but i had the gist of it 100% correct.

gently caress you all, i can skim and know what i am god damned talking about. what's your backup explanation now, motherfuckers??

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Asiina posted:

I don't think a vote around a single post is scummy in practice. I'm objecting to you making a case against KB for doing something you also did.

I clearly do think that making a vote around a single case is scummy, but only if it is:

a. faked, because the content wasn't actually there (KB)
b. faked, because there was so much content staring you in the face that you've ignored (Mona)

in fact the entirety of my posting has been around these two suspicions, since they are my current top scum reads.

am i scummy for analyzing things differently than you? you seriously can't be saying that us analyzing something and coming to different conclusions about it automatically makes me scum, right?

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

like asiina what you are saying here is that "you shot a man and and this dude shot a man, CLEARLY you're both bad" when i shot a man who was about to murder my grandmother and that other dude shot someone in cold blood. yeah they're the same action but the intent is totally different soooo

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

unless you are saying that my initial vote was an attempt to fake content against you. in which case i would say YOU are being scummy, because clearly there's a shitton more content to go on now and to only rely on that one post would be a pretty uniformed conclusion to come to, and you CERTAINLY wouldn't want to return to it and only it when asked to expand upon why you had reached that conclusion, and wouldn't triple down on it and only it again when asked to explain why that post made him scummy

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

if i'm not being clear i'm summarizing my case against mona again but using asiina's actions to frame it through the use of metaphor

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Notice it’s a biiiig game but there’s only one night kill?

Huge scum team? No SKs? Murderers are all Australians who were asleep?

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Quidthulhu posted:

my points:

1. i have a lot of feelings and thoughts on EVERYTHING YAMI DID post his initial vote on asiina. i just reread all of it and it made me feel a lot of things! and yet mona posts THREE TIMES IN A ROW that it's just the vote on asiina. that, to me, is weird.

Where did Mona say that his case was entirely based off that one post? It seems he's saying exactly the opposite:

Monathin posted:

- You are making me out to say I'm overly focusing on just one post of Yami's when I pointed out Yami built an entire argument off of essentially saying Asiina was being defense and dishonest about their motives.

- I didn't put anything in my catchup post because it was right after my Yami post and my opinion had not changed, I don't know what about that doesn't make sense to you.

- Intent matters, Yami's intent did not jive for me in that, at which point he started pushing Asiina hard, what do you want me to do, quote every single post of a push I don't agree with and say "actually this is scummy because-"? Like I legitimately am not understanding what you want here.

He was using that one post as he basis to show merk, but it seemed to be based off the larger case Yami was making.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Quidthulhu posted:

I clearly do think that making a vote around a single case is scummy, but only if it is:

a. faked, because the content wasn't actually there (KB)
b. faked, because there was so much content staring you in the face that you've ignored (Mona)

in fact the entirety of my posting has been around these two suspicions, since they are my current top scum reads.

am i scummy for analyzing things differently than you? you seriously can't be saying that us analyzing something and coming to different conclusions about it automatically makes me scum, right?

No, I'm saying that calling people out for doing something that you also did is scummy. Why is it scummy for them but not for you? Just saying "faked" doesn't really explain anything.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Asiina posted:

Where did Mona say that his case was entirely based off that one post? It seems he's saying exactly the opposite:

He was using that one post as he basis to show merk, but it seemed to be based off the larger case Yami was making.

I LITERALLY QUOTED IT.

Monathin posted:

As for why, I think Yami's case on Asiina read as particularly fake, especially compared to AA, whose case clearly reads as more genuine if frustrated.

That is the LITERAL JUSTIFICATION HE GIVES TO MERK AS TO WHY HE VOTED.

i literally posted this above, scroll up.

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I obtain sexual gratification from observing people being inflicted with violent head injuries

Asphyxious posted:

Notice it’s a biiiig game but there’s only one night kill?

Huge scum team? No SKs? Murderers are all Australians who were asleep?

I'm trying to figure out what the tickets and things that you can purchase with them all mean. Rides and snacks are sold out, available or need maintenance? What's that about.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Quidthulhu posted:

I LITERALLY QUOTED IT.

That is the LITERAL JUSTIFICATION HE GIVES TO MERK AS TO WHY HE VOTED.

i literally posted this above, scroll up.

What makes you think the case is based just off that one post and not any of the other posts Yami made about me?

Especially considering, as I just literally posted above:

Monathin posted:

- You are making me out to say I'm overly focusing on just one post of Yami's when I pointed out Yami built an entire argument off of essentially saying Asiina was being defense and dishonest about their motives.

- I didn't put anything in my catchup post because it was right after my Yami post and my opinion had not changed, I don't know what about that doesn't make sense to you.

- Intent matters, Yami's intent did not jive for me in that, at which point he started pushing Asiina hard, what do you want me to do, quote every single post of a push I don't agree with and say "actually this is scummy because-"? Like I legitimately am not understanding what you want here.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

willie_dee posted:

I'm trying to figure out what the tickets and things that you can purchase with them all mean. Rides and snacks are sold out, available or need maintenance? What's that about.

I’d guess it means other players have already taken/used them, so maybe some people started with tickets night one?

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Asiina posted:

No, I'm saying that calling people out for doing something that you also did is scummy. Why is it scummy for them but not for you? Just saying "faked" doesn't really explain anything.

My intent when I voted was to point out something I thought I was seeing (you being the ringleader of the turbo on D1 & then creating a content game around something you started, which i found suspicious) to see what people did. That was the REASON for my vote.

KB's reason for his vote:

King Burgundy posted:

You made a bad fake vote on Asiina after seeing someone else lay the ground work. Asiina hadn't pushed anything yet. She was content gaming at best.

He was assuming a lot of intent into my actions. I don't know why he could have a bead on my intent at all, given that my post history was:

1. the word "game"
2. a complaint about D1 ending early
3. the aforementioned vote on asiina

So are our votes the same thing, Asiina? You are saying that I made an uniformed vote on him at the time and therefore they are the same thing? Or how are you conflating these two SIMILAR ACTIONS as having THE SAME INTENT, to the point that it is hypocritical of me to call him out for what I perceive to be very different intent from mine?

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

willie_dee posted:

People had tickets, bought things, and used them. The three that are sold out are ones that were crossed off yesterday so had presumably been purchased with tickets.

Looks like today someone's bought the cheeseburger and someone's riding the rollercoaster.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Ok, post I started earlier but lost the thread while away, not sure if I wanted to say more on it or not, so here:

Yami started off looking super scummy to me for some of the same reasons, but he comes off way better later on. Leaning town.

I think AA is the scum in that pack of Asiina chasers now.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Monathin posted:

Where does this happen? It does not happen in any of the three times he was directly asked about it immediately after voting:

Monathin posted:

Yami, I've read your fake cases, this feels like a fake case.

##vote Yami

Monathin posted:

Monathin posted:

I don't necessarily think the actual talk about voting for the turbo is necessarily bad. It might not get great opinions out of it but I can see what they're fishing for from a town perspective. You discount everything and your saying Asiina being super defensive and dishonest about it rings as scum trying to pounce on someone who has enough holes in their argument to poke, and then you essentially make a double down call on it, calling the whole thing dishonest and that you aren't buying Asiina's defense.

Between that and the fact that you're obviously going after the person who started the turbo (knowing they could look bad from it), this whole thing reads as you twisting a narrative. Fake.

That last point is LITERALLY AN ANALYSIS OF THE FIRST POST THAT CAUSED HIM TO VOTE.

When did this happen? WHY is it not happening as he's being directly questioned about it, if it was the reason he came to that conclusion? Furthermore, WHERE DOES THE FAKENESS HAPPEN IN THE ARGUMENT IN THOSE TWO PAGES, the highlights of which I posted above?

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Asphyxious posted:

DB getting back to this, we were just in a scum team with KB, doesn’t his approach seem pretty different this game?

Did quick reread of 5th element and yeah the approach isn't quite the same. Hmm.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Asphyxious posted:

I’d guess it means other players have already taken/used them, so maybe some people started with tickets night one?

Oh. I got a ticket n0. I honestly thought everyone got one to start the game.

I bought the shoot the star and had to use it N1. I thought I'd be told what it did when I bought it, but I was not informed. I just had to use it on a player so I chose Humalong semi-randomly since I didn't know what it was going to do. It's presumably why he was covered in confetti because I shot a bunch of holes in a star.

I have no idea what it did to him, if anything, but it made me unable to use another ticket for a few days, but I don't have any more tickets so :shrug:

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

trying to discern anything about someone's meta from someone who is actively making statements that his intent is different because he's "changed his meta" is a waste of time. i think KB is probably legit in saying it because he doesn't strike me as the type of person who would try to do this as a scum gimmick since it's kind of a lovely tactic to add a unnecessary level of mindgames to a game about playing mindgames but that doesn't change the fact that ultimately he's a question mark so we shouldn't bother adjudicating his statements for truth or lies in that area.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Dick Bastardly posted:

Did quick reread of 5th element and yeah the approach isn't quite the same. Hmm.

Uh. No offence but really? That seems like a lot of effort for you. You’re normally pretty que sera sera, if you know what I mean.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Asphyxious posted:

No DB seems exactly the same.

Wow dude. I don't know whether or not to take that as a compliment because I am town now and played an amazing town game that game (as scum)

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

finely sourced quotes backing up my original points that mona/asiina/KB dismissed as LOONY TUNES and they are all mysteriously silent now. coordinate, scum team, for quid hath found thee

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
I haven’t read any of quid this page but I believe him 100%. I’m on board

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Asphyxious posted:

What were her alignments those games?

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Quidthulhu posted:

finely sourced quotes backing up my original points that mona/asiina/KB dismissed as LOONY TUNES and they are all mysteriously silent now. coordinate, scum team, for quid hath found thee

I very specifically said I didn't find you crazy and didn't dismiss you as such.

I'm sleepy though, so I'm going to bed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Birdstrike posted:

I haven’t read any of quid this page but I believe him 100%. I’m on board

Quidthulhu posted:

all mafia games should be about me, thank you for complying so far thread

• Locked thread