Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

lezard_valeth posted:

I am curious as to how Back Cover will play into all of this. God I hope they connect it to the main plot somehow. One of the points I'm most eager to get to explain to friends who are coming new into the franchise is that there is a character called Master of Masters. So far the reaction of every single one of them was that either I was trolling them or Nomura was, followed up by a quick google search to confirm that yes, Nomura was the one trolling.

I loving love this stupid franchise

I'm pretty sure Nomura said the MoM wouldn't be appearing in KH3 so it's possible they're saving him for the next arc (then again, the mobile game still isn't done with its story yet so maybe he dies at the end of that).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

Larryb posted:

(then again, the mobile game still isn't done with its story yet so maybe he dies at the end of that).

Yes, death is a huge inconvenience in this franchise.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

lezard_valeth posted:

Yes, death is a huge inconvenience in this franchise.

Yeah, I'm almost positive he's coming back at some point regardless of how Unchained ends.

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

I think Xigbar and Master of Masters have some sort of connection, maybe reincarnation or something. Dumber stuff has happened...

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

TheLoneStar posted:

I think Xigbar and Master of Masters have some sort of connection, maybe reincarnation or something. Dumber stuff has happened...

Well the mobile game does suggest that Marluxia's human form was apparently around back then so who knows, Xigbar and the Master could literally turn out to be the same person pulling a long con (he's already got some Revolver Ocelot vibes to him so you might as well just go all the way).

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Larryb posted:

Well the mobile game does suggest that Marluxia's human form was apparently around back then so who knows, Xigbar and the Master could literally turn out to be the same person pulling a long con (he's already got some Revolver Ocelot vibes to him so you might as well just go all the way).

I halfway expect Braig to have actually been working to free Terra since BBS because he fell in love with Terra after their fight.

Linear Zoetrope
Nov 28, 2011

A hero must cook
To be honest, I don't know if we can say anything about the plot of the mobile and browser games with much confidence. They're the biggest enigma so far, by an order of magnitude. The best theories I've seen are that there's some sleeping world fuckery going on given the presence of Chirithy spirits and the secret ending to the browser game. It's certain that the Book of Prophecies and other things from that time are relics that exist, so the events probably transpired somewhat as depicted, but it's in no way clear to what degree of fidelity. From everything I can tell, the least likely thing is that Union Cross and X represent the story as it actually happened, verbatim.

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

Braig is a weird entity in the series. He was completely on board with Master Xehanort and his plans, possibly knowing how things would end up, but we don't know why. He's just some punk with space powers (despite no other Organization members having their powers before being turned into Nobodies) that works with this creepy goblin man for no known reason. We never even see or hear about how they met. There's more to this guy than what's on the surface.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

I get the sense that Braig is the vessel with more autonomy than the others.

He basically has a subtle freakout over the course of 3D's climax while the rest of the Cohort are just passively taking their plan being literally burned to bits.

TheLoneStar posted:

Braig is a weird entity in the series. He was completely on board with Master Xehanort and his plans, possibly knowing how things would end up, but we don't know why. He's just some punk with space powers (despite no other Organization members having their powers before being turned into Nobodies) that works with this creepy goblin man for no known reason. We never even see or hear about how they met. There's more to this guy than what's on the surface.

There's a vague implication that he originally signed on with Xeh to become a Keyblade wielder, and things sort of spiraled from there.

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

Funky Valentine posted:

There's a vague implication that he originally signed on with Xeh to become a Keyblade wielder, and things sort of spiraled from there.
I do kind of remember that, yeah. And I think some of the apprentices of Ansem the Wise had some kind of understanding of Keyblades and the like. Even remarked how Ventus was a "special case" despite having never met him before, but knew he could take on the Unversed with no problem. Makes me wonder why he didn't seem to recognize Roxas as Ventus. Both of them having a Keyblade would probably have made things click in Vexen's head.

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

I had a weird Kingdom Hearts related dream last night, where I dreamt that there is only one keyblade master, Xehanort and all of the other keyblade wielders are actually Xehanort too and can only wield them because they're in the process of being Norted through contact with Xehanort, Ansem seeker of darkness or Xemnas. I used the justification that Sora didn't get to use a keyblade until after meeting Xehanort's heartless in my dream.

Now I'm worried I spoiled the drat twist of KH 3 for myself.

Linear Zoetrope
Nov 28, 2011

A hero must cook

Mr. Fortitude posted:

I had a weird Kingdom Hearts related dream last night, where I dreamt that there is only one keyblade master, Xehanort and all of the other keyblade wielders are actually Xehanort too and can only wield them because they're in the process of being Norted through contact with Xehanort, Ansem seeker of darkness or Xemnas. I used the justification that Sora didn't get to use a keyblade until after meeting Xehanort's heartless in my dream.

Now I'm worried I spoiled the drat twist of KH 3 for myself.

I mean, it would explain them sticking to their guns about "the Keyblade's chosen" like it's a unique object only one person can wield up until the last hour of KH2 where it became too ridiculous to keep saying.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1043231263451041792?s=19
:raise:

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

New 100 Acre Woods is lit.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Wait, so we're getting two songs in this game then? I thought they said that "Don't Think Twice" was the main theme this time.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
I can see Skrillex being a Kingdom Hearts fan. He looks like he would be.

FutureFriend
Dec 28, 2011

finally, i can show the trolls that videogames have officially become Art

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
rip marshmello secret boss

XavierGenisi
Nov 7, 2009

:dukedog:

Larryb posted:

Wait, so we're getting two songs in this game then? I thought they said that "Don't Think Twice" was the main theme this time.

Don't Think Twice is apparently going to be the ending theme:

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1043236053958553605

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

XavierGenisi posted:

Don't Think Twice is apparently going to be the ending theme:

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1043236053958553605

Huh, then this will probably be the first time a Kingdom Hearts game has had separate themes for its opening and ending. Works for me.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Serious question: Should I make a new thread titled KHIII and have the first post be about KHIII and the second post about the previous games and how to get back into the series? And if so, what should the thread title be?

Also I am going to change my username back to Blackbelt Bobman (finally) but I need a good KH avatar. Help!

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

BIG BUFF MAN posted:

Also I am going to change my username back to Blackbelt Bobman (finally) but I need a good KH avatar. Help!
Foygoox or don't even bother.

Linear Zoetrope
Nov 28, 2011

A hero must cook
Thread title --
Kingdom Hearts 3 feat. Skrillex

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

BIG BUFF MAN posted:

"i see fed people"

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Honestly the Game & Watch title is still the best one.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

TheLoneStar posted:

Foygoox or don't even bother.

The text didn't show up the way it did in the preview :( otherwise, good call.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole

TheLoneStar posted:

I figured he was just some shady guy that saw the slippery slope of poo poo and decided to grab a sled. Really early on it seems like he might be in it for a quick buck, but after Terra starts playing with Darkness and takes out his eye, he pretty much just says gently caress it and goes all in.

As far as how he knows how to do that stuff, eh, people can use magic and stuff in that universe without a whole lot of fuss so I don't know if that's a huge deal.

Momomo fucked around with this message at 03:35 on Sep 22, 2018

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Aqua is apparently not norted, just a Darkling, whatever that is

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
Someone earlier in this thread said Darklings come up in the mobile game, they're keyblade users who submitted to darkness in exchange for power, which apparently warp their bodies into sort of looking like Heartless? It was in response to seeing the boxart for KH3 and someone was wondering what that Heartless was doing on the cover and someone else said it was a Darkling.

effervescible
Jun 29, 2012

i will eat your soul
The TGS stream presentation showed a boss fight of Sora vs Aqua, not Riku vs Aqua like a lot of people expected and it looks rad as gently caress.

LordMune
Nov 21, 2006

Helim needed to be invisible.

effervescible posted:

The TGS stream presentation showed a boss fight of Sora vs Aqua, not Riku vs Aqua like a lot of people expected and it looks rad as gently caress.

I'm sure that's still Riku's fight, he's just been replaced with Sora for the demonstration because the identity of the second playable character technically hasn't been announced yet.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
Come on, we all know the second playable character is going to be Jack Skellington in the paid DLC "Halloween Town Forever"

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

It’s just going to be an HD port of The Nightmare Before Christmas: Oogie’s Revenge

effervescible
Jun 29, 2012

i will eat your soul

LordMune posted:

I'm sure that's still Riku's fight, he's just been replaced with Sora for the demonstration because the identity of the second playable character technically hasn't been announced yet.

Oh true that could definitely be the case. The rad as gently caress part stands though.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
I really like Goth Aqua's dress

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Have we really been waiting for KH3 for 13 years? Like I don't want to say it's intentional, but Nomura seems to like the number 13.

Linear Zoetrope
Nov 28, 2011

A hero must cook
Truly, Kingdom Hearts 3 is the Twin Peaks Season 3 of gaming.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Gologle posted:

I can see Skrillex being a Kingdom Hearts fan. He looks like he would be.

https://twitter.com/skrillex/status/65015788444192768?s=21

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
Apparently, Nomura, while describing the plot of Kingdom Hearts, failed to properly recite it and just declared the whole mess completely impossible to explain, and that one would have to play all the games to get it.

He also apparently said that if KH ever got to a point where it was understandable, he'd make it more complex again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Gologle posted:

Come on, we all know the second playable character is going to be Jack Skellington in the paid DLC "Halloween Town Forever"

Foygoox or GTFO.

Shoehead posted:

I really like Goth Aqua's dress

Gothqua.

Onmi posted:

Apparently, Nomura, while describing the plot of Kingdom Hearts, failed to properly recite it and just declared the whole mess completely impossible to explain, and that one would have to play all the games to get it.

He also apparently said that if KH ever got to a point where it was understandable, he'd make it more complex again.

This is why this series is so great! It's also the definitive proof that Video Games Are Art. :colbert: