Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

RCarr posted:

Is there a FIFA thread?

I believe its in the soccer subforum

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twat McTwatterson
May 31, 2011
uh so Halo MCC got a new 8 gig update amidst all the other updates right? So I'm downloading that but then it's saying I'm downloading loving halo 3 and 4 at the same time, which should have already been installed, which in fact were already installed, so what's going on...

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D
Yup, got a new patch today.

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/...e39b130e5/posts

heehee fucked around with this message at 03:35 on Sep 21, 2018

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
I got to play with an elite controller today. I like it.

TjyvTompa
Jun 1, 2001

im gay

Agoat posted:

I got to play with an elite controller today. I like it.

It's extremely good and totally worth the money. It has better grip than a regular controller, better buttons, it is much heavier and best of all: It comes with a braided cable that you can connect to the controller to have a wired controller without having to buy a separate "charging pack".

It also comes with special buttons on the back you can configure to work as any face button and 3 different types of "caps" for the analog sticks. It is by far the best controller I have ever used. I've had mine since they were released and it still works flawlessly.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

TjyvTompa posted:

It's extremely good and totally worth the money. It has better grip than a regular controller, better buttons, it is much heavier and best of all: It comes with a braided cable that you can connect to the controller to have a wired controller without having to buy a separate "charging pack".

It also comes with special buttons on the back you can configure to work as any face button and 3 different types of "caps" for the analog sticks. It is by far the best controller I have ever used. I've had mine since they were released and it still works flawlessly.

I tried a tall stick for aiming on Halo MCC and it felt really nice. I'll be looking at one for Halo Infinite, assuming it ends up on the Xbone.

Zat
Jan 16, 2008

TjyvTompa posted:

This always cracks me up, I mean when someone says this is the best feature of the Elite controller, which is like 3 times the price of a normal one. Literally any micro-USB to USB-A cable that can transmit data will turn any Xbox One controller into a wired one; you don't need the official charging cable. USB cables are cheap.

TjyvTompa
Jun 1, 2001

im gay

Zat posted:

This always cracks me up, I mean when someone says this is the best feature of the Elite controller, which is like 3 times the price of a normal one. Literally any micro-USB to USB-A cable that can transmit data will turn any Xbox One controller into a wired one; you don't need the official charging cable. USB cables are cheap.

You need to buy a separate charging pack to be able to use a USB cable with a regular controller, it doesn't come with a USB connection by default. And the USB cable is very long and of good quality, it is a nice feature.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

No I use a USB with my Xbox controller all the tine

Zat
Jan 16, 2008

TjyvTompa posted:

You need to buy a separate charging pack to be able to use a USB cable with a regular controller, it doesn't come with a USB connection by default. And the USB cable is very long and of good quality, it is a nice feature.

Every Xbone controller has a micro-USB port, and it works with any cable.

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!
Speaking of controllers, the Hyperkin Duke controller is up for preorder on Amazon, and I kind of want to get one for novelty's sake. Does anyone have it and would recommend it, or is the controller really just a shelf-piece?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

You are looking at the b/w buttons as rb/lb so its probably awkward

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

BisterdDave posted:

Speaking of controllers, the Hyperkin Duke controller is up for preorder on Amazon, and I kind of want to get one for novelty's sake. Does anyone have it and would recommend it, or is the controller really just a shelf-piece?

Shelf piece. I love the original Xbox and the duke but it hasn’t aged well. That said I use it when I’m playing Xbox 1 games on bone

StabMasterArson
May 31, 2011

Twat McTwatterson posted:

uh so Halo MCC got a new 8 gig update amidst all the other updates right? So I'm downloading that but then it's saying I'm downloading loving halo 3 and 4 at the same time, which should have already been installed, which in fact were already installed, so what's going on...

Lol for fucks sake. I already can't use my Xbonx anymore due to Halo taking up like 100gb and giving me warning messages that I don't have enough space every 5 minutes

Zerot
Aug 18, 2006

BisterdDave posted:

For most people it's probably a shelf piece. I really liked the Duke controller back in the day so I picked one up for Halo and Xbox BC. It feels nice to use a controller that big but that's definitely not how most folks feel.

There's also a translucent green model available at Gamestop.

Real hurthling! posted:

They added little shoulder buttons too, so you can use either the black and white buttons or the bumpers. They aren't great. You certainly can't play Halo in bumper jumper with them.

StabMasterArson posted:

Lol for fucks sake. I already can't use my Xbonx anymore due to Halo taking up like 100gb and giving me warning messages that I don't have enough space every 5 minutes

You can go into the MCC and delete games you don't want to play to reduce the file size, I think.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

TjyvTompa posted:

Not only are you confusing it with the 360 Wireless controller (which has a proprietary port on the controller end and not any official form of USB), you're also incorrect about the 360 controller, since the play & charge kit there only works for charging and does absolutely no data transmission, that still happens wirelessly, so it won't work to use the controller on a PC unless it has a 360 controller wireless adapter, or on a 360 with faulty wireless controller sync components.

On the Xbox One, all controllers going back to launch controllers will become "wired" controllers with a regular microUSB cable, even if the controller has no batteries in it. This is also necessary for early controller revisions to do controller firmware updates. That said the controllers can still lose sync in certain circumstances, which has happened at EVO with Killer Instinct; no idea why this happens.

I'm not sure what's taking them so long to get a revision to the Elite controller out, the drat things still won't do Bluetooth, and it would be nice if they actually replaced the plastic components holding the stick together internally so it doesn't get bent out of shape and cause stick drift.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

drat that’s embarrassing, lol. But also how else do you expect to sell $150 controllers if not to misinformed cable seekers

TjyvTompa
Jun 1, 2001

im gay
Yeah I misrembered, my bad. Let it all out people, let me have it. I liked the wrong usb cable.

Butterflysmasher
Aug 7, 2005

Real hurthling! posted:

I got one and they added little awkward bumper buttons and the black and white double the bumpers functions.

Wish the thing was wireless though; the hard-connection has left it delegated to PC use.

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D
The fuckin duke controller is cool as poo poo what the hell? This should be the main advertising for this dumb rear end console “check this fuckin sick controller you rear end holes”

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

Does anybody know of anywhere that still sells Burnout Paradise Xbox 360 full game download codes now that the game has been pulled from the marketplace? Amazon UK and Ebay come up blank and only have physical copies, and I heard that the remaster is apparently terrible? I don't know how/why it is but it seems most people still play the 360 version so thought I'd grab that digitally if there's somewhere that hasn't run out of codes yet.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

SUNKOS posted:

Does anybody know of anywhere that still sells Burnout Paradise Xbox 360 full game download codes now that the game has been pulled from the marketplace? Amazon UK and Ebay come up blank and only have physical copies, and I heard that the remaster is apparently terrible? I don't know how/why it is but it seems most people still play the 360 version so thought I'd grab that digitally if there's somewhere that hasn't run out of codes yet.

Do they even exist for that game? Digital game codes for full 360 games were extremely rare.

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

univbee posted:

Do they even exist for that game? Digital game codes for full 360 games were extremely rare.

Yeah I saw a page on Amazon UK but they were sold out :(

Monday_
Feb 18, 2006

Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise.
The Great Twist
The duke is absolute trash that I hated from the moment I touched it. I could pull off 1,000,000 point combos in Tony Hawk 3 on PS2 but could barely break 1,000 in 2X because of that piece of poo poo.

Red Warrior
Jul 23, 2002
Is about to die!

SUNKOS posted:

I dunno about the remaster being terrible, everything I've seen about it is that it is perfectly competent. It's up-rezzed but otherwise near untouched.

TjyvTompa
Jun 1, 2001

im gay

Monday_ posted:

The duke is absolute trash that I hated from the moment I touched it. I could pull off 1,000,000 point combos in Tony Hawk 3 on PS2 but could barely break 1,000 in 2X because of that piece of poo poo.

Lol exactly the same. I visited a friend one summer and told him I would school him in tony hawk and when I arrived he had a loving xbox, not a ps2. The shame as I sat on his couch struggling to do even the most basic tricks. And I am really tall and have big hands.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Twat McTwatterson posted:

Well that's nice. Wonder if it fixes a few bugs.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1043189957873958912

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Beyond is Finster's mad vision of Earth transformed.
The last fighting game I was actually good at was Soul Calibur 2 using the Duke. It's a really good controller.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

SUNKOS posted:

The remaster is absolutely fine and runs as good as the original? There is zero reason to play the 360 version.

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Beyond is Finster's mad vision of Earth transformed.

Laserface posted:

The remaster is absolutely fine and runs as good as the original? There is zero reason to play the 360 version.

$30 is kind of stupid. If someone can get a 360 version that works on xbone for cheap, there is zero reason to play the xbone version.

Zat
Jan 16, 2008

Finster Dexter posted:

$30 is kind of stupid. If someone can get a 360 version that works on xbone for cheap, there is zero reason to play the xbone version.

On the other hand, they promised the remaster would come to the EA Access Vault by the end of September, so that's worth noting.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Finster Dexter posted:

Cool good luck getting a digital code. GameStop wants $15 for the disc so you might as well buy the Remaster.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
Holy poo poo forza horizon at 60fps is amazing. Thank you xbonex

BrownieVK
Nov 10, 2009

Eat my ass

Nuts and Gum posted:

Hell yeah it is.

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT BEING THE BIGGEST CRYBABY ON THE FORUMS

Nuts and Gum posted:

Xbox Stays Winning

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

Laserface posted:

I read a bunch of complaints about corrupted save files and the game crashing, which apparently wasn't entirely fixed in the last patch so thought I'd get some opinions here since although it would look worse, at least the 360 version wouldn't have those issues. People here seem to have played through the remaster without issue however so I guess those problems can't have been that bad? I'd definitely prefer to grab the remaster.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Fuuuuuck FH4 looks crazy. I’m going to miss the Hot Wheels dlc because I don’t think I can go back to 30fps racing.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

SUNKOS posted:

I read a bunch of complaints about corrupted save files and the game crashing, which apparently wasn't entirely fixed in the last patch so thought I'd get some opinions here since although it would look worse, at least the 360 version wouldn't have those issues. People here seem to have played through the remaster without issue however so I guess those problems can't have been that bad? I'd definitely prefer to grab the remaster.

I haven't had issues with mine at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

:eyepop:
I just finished Quantum Break. It was pretty cool and well worth a run through if you have Game Pass.

Seems a bit steep what they're charging for it otherwise, because I managed to 100% it in under 10 hours.