Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004
:zoro: :zoro: :zoro: :zoro: :zoro: :zoro: :zoro:
:zoro: IMAI :zoro: COSSSMMOOO :zoro:
:zoro: The king of stranglers. :zoro::zoro:
:zoro: :zoro: :zoro: :zoro: :zoro: :zoro: :zoro: :zoro:

Calling it again: dirty cop is going to replace COSMO.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LaSquida
Nov 1, 2012

Just keep on walkin'.

Suspicious Lump posted:

Calling it again: dirty cop is going to replace COSMO.

NO.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

if it happens, that just means he gets another beatdown before he leaves the stage

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

I think the cop is probably dead, he ain't replacin' nobody.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

He need some milk

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Magissima posted:

Having a personality that can only be described as "main character" is part of the problem, but really he doesn't even get that much screen time or interaction with the colorful weirdos. I'm certain he'll be more interesting once his fight starts but going off to do boring shounen training when everybody cool is hanging out at the beach? C'mon man

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

ohma's a loner while most of the other fighters are good-natured and social. heck, even fang is more friendly than ohma and he barely understands the concept of being friendly.

Yeah I think this is the main reason I find it hard to get excited about Ouma as a person.

He's got plenty of mystery and intrigue and backstory but all that is done alone (or with imaginary Niko), and since he's constantly off by himself he doesn't get to bounce off other people who aren't Kazzy or the secretary. Cause character interaction is so good in this series. Like Togo looking after Wakaba in the sauna. Jun taking Haru under his wing. Sakura (Kaede's sister) getting along with Wakatsuki, Cosmo, Jun, and Takeru. Mokichi bonding with Erio over their overprotective natures. People constantly thinking Rin and Kaneda are related.

At least it's funny when he runs away from Karla.

That said, I'm hype for his fight against Raian. The Kure are so awesome and maybe we can finally get into how Ouma's Advance is related to the Kure Removal.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled
I think there'll be a lot of room for Ohma to bounce off people once he starts to work his personal issues out a little.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Niko isn't actually dead and everyone is just gaslighting Ohma by pretending not to see him

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Jose posted:

Niko isn't actually dead and everyone is just gaslighting Ohma by pretending not to see him

Raian's gonna beat the everloving poo poo out of Ohma and then Niko's gonna take over his body and win the fight for him.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Kanos posted:

I think there'll be a lot of room for Ohma to bounce off people once he starts to work his personal issues out a little.

How you gonna work on your personal issues without other persons?

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Hate-Senpai posted:

How you gonna work on your personal issues without other persons?

He's going through a weird amnesia thing right now where he's slowly beginning to remember who or what he is on his own. Seems to be working out so far.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

https://mangadex.org/chapter/452071/1

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Well poo poo they found out about Kazzy's son.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I like how Akoya is frowning so hard his chin is all wrinkled up. Dude is like a half a second away from crying.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
It's nice the story does call Akoya and his CEO's issues out. That's not a healthy relationship and it's going to end in disaster eventually.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
The cop is... alive? This doesn't make sense at all!

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Electric Phantasm posted:

I like how Akoya is frowning so hard his chin is all wrinkled up. Dude is like a half a second away from crying.

Well, yeah, dude's a big bad throwing the mother of all murderous tantrums and....

Plutonis posted:

He need some milk

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
he's upset, so he will perform the standard cop self-care method- beating the poo poo out of his girlfriend until he feels better.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
I am really glad they made akoya a bit more interesting in his second fight. He's a completely hateable piece of poo poo with an interesting gimmick. It somehow wound up being a more brutal fight than Muteba's fight, probably because Cosmo was actually feeling every bit of pain.

Mary Annette
Jun 24, 2005

Plutonis posted:

Wakasa is probably the stupidest person on this manga hands down.

After Cosmo responded to nearly being tortured to death by an unrepentant psychopath with the standard shonen ‘thanks for helping me get stronger, let’s fight again someday!’ I’m not so sure anymore. :(

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Mary Annette posted:

After Cosmo responded to nearly being tortured to death by an unrepentant psychopath with the standard shonen ‘thanks for helping me get stronger, let’s fight again someday!’ I’m not so sure anymore. :(

he's definitely delirious from the trauma and blood loss

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos
He's still a teenager and thusly medically retarded.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Mary Annette posted:

Let's give Cosmo the benefit of the doubt. Maybe he just wants to fight murdercop again so that he can kill him properly this time round.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

tweet my meat posted:

I am really glad they made akoya a bit more interesting in his second fight. He's a completely hateable piece of poo poo with an interesting gimmick. It somehow wound up being a more brutal fight than Muteba's fight, probably because Cosmo was actually feeling every bit of pain.

Yeah, I think this one was up there with the doctor fight. Can't believe Akoya's still breathing. I guess being able to form sentences and not repeat yourself means you're a more sane and less dangerous serial murderer.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

I like how Kazzy is drawn normally proportioned in his two serious pages.

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004
Holy poo poo, did Kazzy also get a shounen power-up?!

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
Don't forget to link that chapter
https://mangadex.org/chapter/452558/1
Alright boys, we have thousands of years of human eugenics and martial arts assimilation versus the amnesiac with his own fancy moves. The stakes have never been higher for our MC Kazzy.

"The succubus" Kure Karla
wew :vince:

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Hella dope Raian expressions in this chapter.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Seems like every round there's a short-term personal peril to Kazzy at stake. Round one was the ten Penasonic TVs, and this round it's his son's life. How are they going to keep raising the stakes in Round Three and beyond?

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.

JosephWongKS posted:

Seems like every round there's a short-term personal peril to Kazzy at stake. Round one was the ten Penasonic TVs, and this round it's his son's life. How are they going to keep raising the stakes in Round Three and beyond?

Ohma can’t fight so Kazzy has to. Matches are completely decided by if he can get the fix in because whatever psychopath he’s up against will mulch him immediately

team overhead smash
Sep 2, 2006

Team-Forest-Tree-Dog:
Smashing your way into our hearts one skylight at a time

Fellis posted:

Ohma can’t fight so Kazzy has to. Matches are completely decided by if he can get the fix in because whatever psychopath he’s up against will mulch him immediately

Well his opponent would be Cosmo based on the brackets, who isn't much of a psycho and currently can't stand up.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
People might be bitching about how Ohma is boring and poo poo, but his bromance with Kazzy is super cool and good. :colbert:

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
can't wait for the Ohma/Cos matchup to be 2 hospital beds bumping up against each other until one tips over

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Lt. Lizard posted:

People might be bitching about how Ohma is boring and poo poo, but his bromance with Kazzy is super cool and good. :colbert:

ohma thanking kazzy for going along with him after the inaba fight is still v. sweet :3:

E: Also got a nice lol at Karla having to watch the match on a TV because they don't want her killing Raian

Oh Snapple! fucked around with this message at 16:28 on Sep 22, 2018

Mary Annette
Jun 24, 2005

Do we know why the Kure think they've been deceived? I thought they knew Kazzy's son was running things from the start.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Mary Annette posted:

Do we know why the Kure think they've been deceived? I thought they knew Kazzy's son was running things from the start.

They're mad that he tried to, as far as I can tell.

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

no loving around it's straight into the next fight. this series rules

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Mary Annette posted:

They did, but he was trying to deceive them, telling them that the other guy was the real CEO. If he had succeeded in deceiving them, they wouldn't be mad, because they wouldn't know!

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Mary Annette posted:

I don't think we do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Lt. Lizard posted:

other shounen protagonists kazzy would be best friends with: goku, luffy