Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is
i got a free laegjarn and have been throwing away the rest of my orbs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Cant Ride A Bus posted:

Got bladeblade in 67 orbs - + def -res, which doesn’t seem too bad? I don’t know if I wanna keep fury on her or if there’s a better A slot for her. I was thinking death blow/swift sparrow but I don’t think they stack with the bonds/waves

They stack just fine.

Fury is probably just better though

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
Huh, guess I'm gonna be pulling red on this banner for the forseeable future. I still need one more Fir anyway.

edit: GALEFORCE. I want to build Laevatein with galeforce. Turn one blade buff massacre ffffff

edit: about blades. Laevatein's sword doesn't mess with cooldown the way blade tomes usually do

THE FUCKING MOON fucked around with this message at 15:48 on Sep 21, 2018

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
I got a 5* red on my first round... it was Lyn. I think that's a sign for me to just sit this one out. I only have very few orbs after using them all for Myrrh.

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

Hmm, I'm thinking about a good blue to complement the Muspell dorks when I inevitably decide to stick them all on a team together. Right now I've got my eye on L'Arachel. She adds some res targeting damage, and comes with res tactic out of the box with a compatible teamcomp to help power up Laevatein. Bonus points because I already have her at 5*, though her build is kind of half assed right now.

Cattail Prophet fucked around with this message at 18:41 on Sep 21, 2018

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Wait to see if the new Lhero is Bruno before deciding I'd say.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Senerio posted:

Wait to see if the new Lhero is Bruno before deciding I'd say.

Legendary Loki

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Legendary Julia

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.
entire stash, 180 orbs looking for blade!blade and instead i got a -SPD veronica, a maribelle, and two laegjaryns

should i just take the hint from the gacha and drop it

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Does anyone know if drac aura counts blade boosts for calculating bonus damage?

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Nothing exciting to see here. Move along.
If they had a Grandmaster!Robin artwork based on the right side of this Cipher artwork:

I'd be so loving happy! (This image also loving owns in general.)

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Jerry Manderbilt posted:

entire stash, 180 orbs looking for blade!blade and instead i got a -SPD veronica, a maribelle, and two laegjaryns

should i just take the hint from the gacha and drop it

you have an entire month, you'll probably get it eventually

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Too many people are happy so let me bring down the average:
i spent 180 of my saved 191 orbs and have nothing but a 5% pity rate.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

I have spent 0 orbs on Muspell and don't plan on it :cool:

I got pitybroken trying to get a non-SPD-bane Ophelia by a second Delthea and have decided I'm just waiting until Ishtar time at this point

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
My Laev is +SPD -HP, meaning she is 37 atk/34 speed/34 defense.

Laeg as +atk -def puts her at 35 atk/36 speed/35 defense which seems....uniquely good?

Super tanky swords, regardless.

AzureSkye
Mar 4, 2010
Spent ~80 orbs, got a -Spd +Def Laevatein and a neutral Laegjarn.

Bladeblade is great but man that bane. 28 speed is painful.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.
Laegjarn exists to be foddered so that bladetome fliers can be used in arena imo.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
Red bladetome fliers. IE: Halloween Nowi and Summer Tana only.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

man

grindin so much SP today that I finished the monthly tower 8-10 orb quests

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

weren't there supposed to be Book 2 quests starting today

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø

Natural 20 posted:

Laegjarn exists to be foddered so that bladetome fliers can be used in arena imo.

Ohh you're the halloween Nowi person arent you? Early christmas present from IS!

gently caress it I'm on a whisky roll, dumping my stash for Helbindi.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

loquacius posted:

man

grindin so much SP today that I finished the monthly tower 8-10 orb quests

You don't do the tower 8 quest during gauntlet and gc?

Elyv fucked around with this message at 18:42 on Sep 21, 2018

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

rannum posted:

weren't there supposed to be Book 2 quests starting today

Calendar says tomorrow.

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø
Heh, that was a very mixed experience. Spent my 120-30ish stash trying to pull green for Helbindi, getting gently caress all. Bought 75 orbs because I'm a terrible person, had to pull red and got pity broken by bloody Katarina. So I finish pulling the reds:

She's +spd/-atk to make the dissonance perfect.

e: I'm never getting HJakob to +10 at this rate. Stop spending orbs, you fool.
ee: also dont buy orbs

valuum fucked around with this message at 19:02 on Sep 21, 2018

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

So, I'm currently building Ophelia, and she seems to want L&D

but I don't currently have the feathers to give it to her, unless I mulch my one 4* Sothe I forgot I had. But then I check his IVs just in case, and it turns out he's +ATK/-RES which is his ideal nature, so I feel dumb mulching him. Should I build Sothe? Any Sothe fans ITT? I'm not much of a dagger guy usually but he seems pretty powerful in an incredibly min-maxed kinda way

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

loquacius posted:

So, I'm currently building Ophelia, and she seems to want L&D

but I don't currently have the feathers to give it to her, unless I mulch my one 4* Sothe I forgot I had. But then I check his IVs just in case, and it turns out he's +ATK/-RES which is his ideal nature, so I feel dumb mulching him. Should I build Sothe? Any Sothe fans ITT? I'm not much of a dagger guy usually but he seems pretty powerful in an incredibly min-maxed kinda way

Ophelia is way too squishy for LnD imo

under 60 effective HP is just asking to be OHKOed

big trivia FAIL
May 9, 2003

"Jorge wants to be hardcore,
but his mom won't let him"

Huh, I just pulled my second ever Hector. I hate armors, so now I've got a DC source. Who really wants it?

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

big trivia FAIL posted:

Huh, I just pulled my second ever Hector. I hate armors, so now I've got a DC source. Who really wants it?

Most melee units that aren’t exclusively player phase and don’t have it built in

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

Andrast posted:

Im gonna put ld on lavaetein i think, just go all in on player phase with that and galeforce

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

I'm glad Nina was finally able to find someone who wants to make boys kiss as much as she does. Also the summoner has the right idea; Anna would absolutely be all over writing a bunch of yaoi if she knew there was money in it.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Andrast posted:

The idea is to always be player-phasing so she never gets hit, but sturdy blow is fine for her in the meantime regardless so the question of whether I give Ophelia L&D is now kind of secondary to the question of whether I build Sothe. I remember him being popular when he launched but I haven't heard anyone talk about him in ages

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

He's like Veronica except he gets counterattacked and he's not on a horse.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
I gave Ophelia DB3 (with the intention of giving her DB4 when I pull a spare Brave Celica) for her permaluna build. Fed her Special Spiral and she will always have Luna out as long as she's paired with a Mage.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

loquacius posted:

The idea is to always be player-phasing so she never gets hit, but sturdy blow is fine for her in the meantime regardless so the question of whether I give Ophelia L&D is now kind of secondary to the question of whether I build Sothe. I remember him being popular when he launched but I haven't heard anyone talk about him in ages

Why not death blow then? If you’re building to not get hit at all it’s just one extra damage over LnD.

Player phase builds usually need to be able to take a single hit since DC is so common (and other ranged units exist too)

Andrast fucked around with this message at 20:14 on Sep 21, 2018

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Andrast posted:

Why not death blow then? If you’re building to not get hit at all it’s just one extra damage over LnD.

Player phase builds usually need to be able to take a single hit since DC is so common (and other ranged units exist too)

I was primarily thinking of doing it because she's +ATK/-SPD and could use L&D's speed boost

I'm still drowning in Tharjas so I guess I could give her Darting Blow instead I dunno

Senerio posted:

I gave Ophelia DB3 (with the intention of giving her DB4 when I pull a spare Brave Celica) for her permaluna build. Fed her Special Spiral and she will always have Luna out as long as she's paired with a Mage.

I never pulled Lewyn unfortunately so I can't give her SS :negative:

Clarste posted:

He's like Veronica except he gets counterattacked and he's not on a horse.

He also targets DEF instead of RES though

Also I don't have Veronica because I already had Maribelle

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Cattail Prophet posted:

I'm glad Nina was finally able to find someone who wants to make boys kiss as much as she does. Also the summoner has the right idea; Anna would absolutely be all over writing a bunch of yaoi if she knew there was money in it.

My favorite part avout that was the EXTEEMELY serious look we apparently had when assuring her that, no, Anna gets it

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
Nina makes her sims woohoo in their special heart-shaped woohoo bed out on the front lawn

Zeeman
May 8, 2007

Say WHAT?! You KNOW that post is wack, homie!
Tempted to try to make a canonical zombie team. Pulled a Laegjarn, already had Gunnthra, would Helbindi count?

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

Uh oh. Do I use Ariadne thread or Goho-M?

200 orbs gave me both sisters right away (both of them were pulled at 3%, that's how fast I got them), as well as Celica and Nanna as pity breakers. At least I have a month to go to get Helbindi.

edit: Oh, and my first 4 star Libra, so that's one more for my herodex.

BlazeEmblem fucked around with this message at 20:49 on Sep 21, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

Zeeman posted:

Tempted to try to make a canonical zombie team. Pulled a Laegjarn, already had Gunnthra, would Helbindi count?

If you make a zombie team that doesn't include Walhart you're just wasting your time imo.