Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

shades of eternity
Nov 9, 2013

Where kitties raise dragons in the world's largest mall.

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

I think following trends, Xanatos would be a falcon person.

Xanatos would be a Coyote (he already had a doppleganger he built with that name and it makes it less wierd for his wife)
Fox would be a Fox

and he has a small Robin named owen in a three piece suit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

DoubleCakes posted:

If I want a new DuckTales game it should be like La-Mulana except you can ask the kids for help if it pleases you.

Also, it's beatable by a regular person without a walkthrough.

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

MonsterEnvy posted:

Young Justice is good and I don't care what you think.

Young Justice is a good show, but the 5 year time gap between season 1 and 2 didn't feel organic and forced the audience to just deal with some pretty hosed up personality changes to the core team.

I am still looking forward to the new season

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
I lost interest when I got to the second season, too many new characters when I'd just gotten used to the old ones. And I feel it was a mistake to introduce too many Teen Titans to the team, they work better as their own thing.

I feel a teen superhero show might work interestingly having the Young Justice team be a separate thing from the Teen Titans, the latter having struck out as an independent team while the former are more trainees for the League proper, and resulting rivalries.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Ghost Leviathan posted:

I feel a teen superhero show might work interestingly having the Young Justice team be a separate thing from the Teen Titans, the latter having struck out as an independent team while the former are more trainees for the League proper, and resulting rivalries.

It's been done

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
It's been a really long time since i played the original Ducktales game, but I don't remember that much in actual exploration in it, any more so than the new one. You still have 5 levels to choose from, and there's some hidden treasure and stuff but nothing game changing. Complete them in any order, there's no upgrades or anything that make the order matter. There's presumably another final level or something after you beat those 5 but lol if I ever found out.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Nothing exciting to see here. Move along.

counterfeitsaint posted:

It's been a really long time since i played the original Ducktales game, but I don't remember that much in actual exploration in it, any more so than the new one. You still have 5 levels to choose from, and there's some hidden treasure and stuff but nothing game changing. Complete them in any order, there's no upgrades or anything that make the order matter. There's presumably another final level or something after you beat those 5 but lol if I ever found out.

There's just five levels in the OG Ducktales game hiding 5 treasures and two secret ones. You additionally have to backtrack to one of them to get to the final boss battle.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
The biggest problem I had with Ducktales: Remastered was the superfluous dialogue. It was awesome having all those people back, but they never shut up and just let you play.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Ducktales returns on October 20th and apparently has already been renewed for a third season.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/ducktales-renewed-season-3-disney-channel-1145964

Larryb fucked around with this message at 19:50 on Sep 21, 2018

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Larryb posted:

Ducktales returns on October 20th and apparently had already been renewed for a third season.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/ducktales-renewed-season-3-disney-channel-1145964

That's really soon.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but it feels like the break between seasons is less than the break between some episodes in the season.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

cant cook creole bream posted:

That's really soon.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but it feels like the break between seasons is less than the break between some episodes in the season.

Not super surprising. If I remember correctly, it got renewed for season 2 before even the series premiere, so unless they completely finished season 1 before the first episode ever aired, there probably wasn't a big break in production.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Oh cool Feathy Duck will be voiced by Tom Kenny.

https://twitter.com/FrankAngones/status/1044400603139497984

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

But who's voicing Jose Carioca?!

DoubleCakes
Jan 14, 2015

Who's Jack McBrayer voicing?

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

DoubleCakes posted:

Who's Jack McBrayer voicing?

They haven't said yet. But with Kenny they're now finally 4-for-4 on Wander Over Yonder voice actors showing up on DT. To the point where I'm now convinced that DuckTales is just Frank Angones' long-con revenge against Disney for axing WOY before its time.

Symbolic Butt
Mar 22, 2009

(_!_)
Buglord

Sockser posted:

But who's voicing Jose Carioca?!

I'm betting on Rodrigo Santoro

fake edit: oh apparently it's Bernardo de Paula

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
I know Season 3 was mentioned in here already, but this wasn't linked yet I don't think, and I found it amusing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6UXdh6E5Lg

I knew about Ben Schwartz, but I had no idea Abed was a triplet too.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling
1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp

counterfeitsaint posted:

I know Season 3 was mentioned in here already, but this wasn't linked yet I don't think, and I found it amusing.

Not gonna lie, Danny screaming 'I AM THE MOST RESPONSIBLE BROTHER' had me in stitches.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

counterfeitsaint posted:

More like Doctor WHEN

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

counterfeitsaint posted:

Really makes me want to see someone redo this scene with Huey and Della swapped in.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
The youtube title is redundant, Paget Brewster is always awesome. It's amazing how many Thrilling Adventure Hour alumni work on Ducktails.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

RandomPauI posted:

The youtube title is redundant, Paget Brewster is always awesome. It's amazing how many Thrilling Adventure Hour alumni work on Ducktails.

The “I love quirky people, I come from a big family of people who are all literally insane” line fits Della so well too.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

I still reckon that Scrooge, Della and Donald might have had an adventuring dynamic not unlike Huey, Dewey and Louie.

I wonder how Launchpad might react to learning about Della, considering she was Scrooge's old pilot, and made a more spectacular crash than he ever has so far. (Given what we see of Della's personality, I have a feeling her record might not be so much better than Launchpad's)

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
I know we put little stock in external media but a number of issues of the ongoing comic are focused on adventures that were had by Scrooge/Donald/Della, if you're so inclined to check it out.

kefkafloyd
Jun 8, 2006

What really knocked me out
Was her cheap sunglasses
Season 2 starts next week. Shall I make a new thread or do we want to continue this one?

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
That seems very quick. Doesn't feel like the last season ended that long ago.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Wheat Loaf posted:

That seems very quick. Doesn't feel like the last season ended that long ago.

Season 2 got greenlit very early. That's why the turnover between seasons was so fast. That S3 is already greenlit too means a similar lack of downtime.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

kefkafloyd posted:

Season 2 starts next week. Shall I make a new thread or do we want to continue this one?

Just roll with this one, it's not like it's particularly bloated as-is.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Could use a new thread title, but probably wait for the new episode.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Could use a new thread title, but probably wait for the new episode.

DuckTales Season 2: Let’s Rewrite History

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
DuckTales Season 2: Mystery Solved, now what?

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
DuckTales: New Mom Who Dis?

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
I can't imagine they wouldn't use the opportunity to explore their father for the first time in 'Tales history.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Rabbi Raccoon posted:

DuckTales: New Mom Who Dis?
I like this one.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

feedmyleg posted:

I can't imagine they wouldn't use the opportunity to explore their father for the first time in 'Tales history.

Option they'd probably never dare to do: Nobody knows, Della got around.

Comedy option: It's Launchpad.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

I'm pretty sure Launchpad is at least half her age.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

Nodosaur posted:

I'm pretty sure Launchpad is at least half her age.

I think his driver's license said he was 29.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

BizarroAzrael posted:

wouldn't Della and Donald have to at least be in their 40's by now?

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Don Rosa wrote a comic featuring Donald's 60th birthday party in 1994; he jokes that he's older than he looks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

BizarroAzrael posted:

According to his license, Launchpad was born on the day the original DuckTales premiered in 1987, so he's actually 31.