Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

Takuan posted:

The way some people are talking, Fire Pro may not even get all the announced DLC. :smith:

That would be a drat shame. Like yeah the game's great as is but there are just enough little things that could be refined to make it even better and if they had strong sales they might be able to do that, but of course nobody's paying attention.

And while the stuff for 2k19 sounds interesting, the core game is really the problem. Without a new engine and a major rethink of the mechanics, actually playing the matches will get old quickly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Minidust posted:

I mean yeah, that's the good and bad of it. They deserve to succeed. On the other hand, not having resources for a sequel means my CAWs will never be obsolete!

If nothing else, it's good that the final Fire Pro game won't be that awful Xbox 360 avatar thing!

yeah its a great game. Could have been better/more features out of the gate but still the best wrestling game of the decade.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

If things really are dire, I hope they manage to get Fire Promoter finished at least.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

coconono posted:

yeah its a great game. Could have been better/more features out of the gate but still the best wrestling game of the decade.

Hmmm

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

I agree with this post, SLAMMED! is amazing.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

It has all the dumb crutches of shovelware CYOA games (every single one of them has a reality show plot. Every single one) but whoever wrote it just really really gets what’s fun about the sports entertainment myth

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

The whole sequence where you win the gauntlet might be hackneyed on some levels but on other, more important levels it is just an effortlessly perfect, electrifying encapsulation of why people love this dumb fake sport

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

There's a sequence in Slammed where you and your rival are working a cage match and at arbitrary moments, not-Steph changes it from work to shoot fight and back again. which seems like something Russo would have at least pretended to do.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Imagine having just made like $1.5bil from TV and Saudi, yet still being too cheap to want to pay royalties

https://twitter.com/TheBarrylad/status/1043486509100412928

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

And they show Kendrick, who isn't in the game.

Question: do they still have the Superstar Threads options on the next gen version of the game, where you can change a wrestler's attire colors without it taking a CAW slot?

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

projecthalaxy posted:

There's a sequence in Slammed where you and your rival are working a cage match and at arbitrary moments, not-Steph changes it from work to shoot fight and back again. which seems like something Russo would have at least pretended to do.

Sounds like some good old-fashioned Inokism.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Chris James 2 posted:

Imagine having just made like $1.5bil from TV and Saudi, yet still being too cheap to want to pay royalties

https://twitter.com/TheBarrylad/status/1043486509100412928

London at least doesn't work for them any more. Otunga's still with WWE!

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

Davros1 posted:

And they show Kendrick, who isn't in the game.

Question: do they still have the Superstar Threads options on the next gen version of the game, where you can change a wrestler's attire colors without it taking a CAW slot?

They didn’t in 2k18, and it really sucks because they go with the blandest looks possible for default AJ and Beth Phoenix.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

It might be a 2K thing and not a WWE thing. Worker contracts at WWE probably have stips these days that obviate the need for separate negotiations but 2K / THQ don’t seem to automatically have all the likeness rights that WWE has.

Eg there was that year when Mick Foley sat out an iteration over payment, and I’m pretty sure he was under Legends contracts at the time. I also vaguely recall games getting names that were persona non grata with WWE those years. Otunga’s not an active wrestler, that might have something to do with it.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Wouldn't Otunga still have a talent contract to do the pre-show stuff he does?

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Might be handled over a separate contract, or be a really dumb way to keep Bryan as the focus in those scenes.

IIRC they changed the way the video games work so that it's not a massive payday for everyone appearing in the game (Lance Storm described his yearly take from being included in the games as... considerable)

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

im probably gonna buy 2k19 when its discounted for black friday

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WYmjy_Nk7MA

Cel-shading filter looks neat.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

this is sarcasm right

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

At least nL will have lots of material this year

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

you merely adopted the cel shading

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I thought Otunga was non-personed until his domestic violence case got sorted out?

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

I like it, because it makes the game look like Ralph Bakshi's "Lords of the Wrestling Ring." It looks a lot like his rotoscoped stuff.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

remusclaw posted:

I like it, because it makes the game look like Ralph Bakshi's "Lords of the Wrestling Ring." It looks a lot like his rotoscoped stuff.

Richard Linklater's "A Stunner, Darkly"

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
Wrestling Life

Xerzes
May 16, 2012

Maxwell Lord posted:

Wrestling Life

Preferably with no Alex Jones

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Xerzes posted:

Preferably with no Alex Jones

In his place we'll have Jesse Ventura

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

The NJPW Fire Pro Collab has now launched on steam with surprisingly little warning. :20bux:

Also they are NOT doing the Season Pass anymore... which given the recent gloom and doom is kind of worrying, since that means they may not end up doing some of the planned content for it.

quote:

We offer our deepest apologies to the PC community for the delayed release. Moving forward, we promise to deliver concrete information in a time-sensitive manner and to be as transparent as possible. Please be assured that all announced DLC is still in production.

Instead of a Season Pass, future DLC will be available via discounted Steam Bundles--this will give you the same discount as a Season Pass with more purchasing options to pick and choose which DLC you want. All future DLC will be released simultaneously on all platforms.

Now that the NJPW DLC is released, we can focus on the rest of our planned content, and, just as importantly, earning back the trust of the community.

Sincerely,
-The Fire Pro World Team

unimportantguy
Dec 25, 2012

Hey, Johnny, what's a "shitpost"?
All the people who don't understand why their modded to hell installations took a poo poo when a patch dropped are a special kind of schadenfreude right now.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

unimportantguy posted:

All the people who don't understand why their modded to hell installations took a poo poo when a patch dropped are a special kind of schadenfreude right now.

wonder what the new patch wrecks.
(to be fair we all thought the PC was abandoned)

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

I can kinda sympathize with them. This dropped with absolutely no warning.

Carlzilla is probably not having a fun time right now.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
Hoo, that's a question, does that just mean the mods won't work or are you gonna have problems with the save itself? Like I'd be fine not being able to use any of the mods for a while but I still want my save game to be there.

EDIT: Isn't Carlzilla in school now? So it'll be a while before he can actually have time to fix anything? I remember that being an issue with the DLC's delay.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Well save structures will have definitely be altered, since Edits/CAWs get several new slots for extra voice clips and tons of new customization options.

I made a backup of my save and am gonna wait a few days to see if anything crops up.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Well save structures will have definitely be altered, since Edits/CAWs get several new slots for extra voice clips and tons of new customization options.

I made a backup of my save and am gonna wait a few days to see if anything crops up.

I just backed up my own save, hadn't even thought about that, probably holding off on grabbing the DLC just in case some bad bug rears its head

Takuan
May 6, 2007

I'm glad I had Steam set to offline mode. I've heard of some people that had the game update while they were streaming, and now have to figure out how to roll the game back to the previous version, then make a backup.

Any save data should be fine. As far as I know, the mods don't modify the game's save data(except for custom moves/attire), and everything that the mod suite keeps track of is separate from the core save data.

Carlzilla is in school, so there's no telling how long it'll be until the main mod suite gets updated. However, I'm slightly optimistic because Carl just started a big, multiplayer territory-league-thing, and I'm hoping that's an indication that he has at least some free time, and can maybe update the mod suite relatively quickly, maybe.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

I really hope they dont cancel booking mode now that they are backing off the Steam version or whatever. It's a big reason I bought the game.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Galaga Galaxian posted:

The NJPW Fire Pro Collab has now launched on steam with surprisingly little warning. :20bux:

Also they are NOT doing the Season Pass anymore... which given the recent gloom and doom is kind of worrying, since that means they may not end up doing some of the planned content for it.

Is this the thing that PS4 version already has?

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
Basically, they've just replaced the season pass with Steam's bundle system where you can get discounts on the items in the bundle you don't have yet.

So it should work out the same as the season pass price-wise, you'll just have to buy each DLC for the discounted price manually.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

coconono posted:

Is this the thing that PS4 version already has?

yeah the ps4 version launched with it built in if you preordered i think?? or maybe there was a special addition. But yeah it was always planned as dlc for PC

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

Anyone got the list of moves added with the DLC? Beyond the ones mentioned in the steam update