Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Leal posted:

No, but telling the guy, cause again no one has yet to actually tell me what he said factually and all I have to go on is an Anita all caps tweet about how his reason for being married and not wanting "hypothetical" rumors popping up is "not good enough", is pretty lovely and invasive of another persona's relationship. If someone wants to actually show me what he himself has said with his own words about this, I am all ears. But all I got is Anita, the one person who should KNOW drat well about online rumors, telling him to gently caress off with his wish to not create strain in his marriage.

But sure, call me a chud and act like I dread going to work and seeing wimminz that make up the employees in my store. Cause I don't have a post history of making fun of shitheads like that on the internet or anything. Not in this very thread, even.

Chud. Stop dreading going to work and seeing women.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Like imagine having so little faith in your husband you think he is cheating on you long distance because people tweeted you.

She would have to be insane.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

i'm glad people are willing to give the benefit of the doubt to, and rush to the defense of, a dude who casually tosses out slurs. i'm sure his reasoning is sound and comes from a good place and this isn't just a case of a known shithead being a shithead.

Waffles Inc.
Jan 20, 2005

Leal posted:

No, but telling the guy, cause again no one has yet to actually tell me what he said factually and all I have to go on is an Anita all caps tweet about how his reason for being married and not wanting "hypothetical" rumors popping up is "not good enough", is pretty lovely and invasive of another persona's relationship. If someone wants to actually show me what he himself has said with his own words about this, I am all ears. But all I got is Anita, the one person who should KNOW drat well about online rumors, telling him to gently caress off with his wish to not create strain in his marriage.

But sure, call me a chud and act like I dread going to work and seeing wimminz that make up the employees in my store. Cause I don't have a post history of making fun of shitheads like that on the internet or anything. Not in this very thread, even.

i mean it's not hard to google this stuff OP

Ninja, to Polygon posted:

“If I have one conversation with one female streamer where we’re playing with one another, and even if there’s a hint of flirting, that is going to be taken and going to be put on every single video and be clickbait forever,” Blevins told Polygon.

“[Not being connected to other women online,] that was something I made 100-percent sure,” he said. It was his decision alone to keep his streaming partners men-only. “That was not even her. She had nothing to do with it. That was me being, ‘I love our relationship,’ and, ‘No — I’m not even gonna put you through that.’”

for me, figures at his tier (11.3 million subscribers) of fame have a responsibility that he's not fulfilling, and doesn't seem to care to. and i think that (plus the slurs) make him a shithead

Waffles Inc. fucked around with this message at 21:52 on Sep 21, 2018

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Jesus that’s worse than I thought, he didn’t even care what she thought.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

i'm glad people are willing to give the benefit of the doubt to, and rush to the defense of, a dude who casually tosses out slurs. i'm sure his reasoning is sound and comes from a good place and this isn't just a case of a known shithead being a shithead.

I have never heard of this guy before 3 hours ago so :shrug:?

CharlestheHammer posted:

Jesus that’s worse than I thought, he didn’t even care what she thought.

So here it is then, presumably he didn't consult her about it. If they did have the talk about that stuff and she preferred to not deal with it, I don't think anyone has the right to get on him about it. If they did talk about it and she said she wouldn't mind, but he still went with this option then it lovely to disregard her thoughts like that.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Waffles Inc. posted:

i mean it's not hard to google this stuff OP

for me, figures at his tier (11.3 million subscribers) of fame have a responsibility that he's not fulfilling, and doesn't seem to care to. and i think that (plus the slurs) make him a shithead

lol, he sounds like a loving dumbshit.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Leal posted:

then perhaps you should take 5 seconds to learn about the people you are defending instead of just jumping to the defense of a piece of human garbage and looking like a chump for defending a piece of human garbage

Waffles Inc.
Jan 20, 2005

Leal posted:

well drat dude context would probably help you understand why this discussion is even happening

Ninja is the biggest Twitch streamer. He's essentially the face of Twitch and Fortnite

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

OK so, I think this discussion has basically gone in circles for like 4 full pages and I think that's enough. I think Ninja's/his wife's women hangups are weird idk. talk about literally anything else now please.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

well on the topic about childrens learning entertainment/etc apparently today is mister Rodgers show was shown nationally for the first time 51 years ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=&v=Rd7X0NsOeRk

has anyone seen the mister Rodgers documentary? i heard its amazing.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

i got it but haven't watched it. the trailer got me so misty eyed i was worried what the full flick would do to me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FhwktRDG_aQ

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Groovelord Neato posted:

i got it but haven't watched it. the trailer got me so misty eyed i was worried what the full flick would do to me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FhwktRDG_aQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DMuzZZVHxro

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oGk00UX3BaY

jesus. you forget how long that show lasted.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
I saw it during the early release in a old theater in Pittsburgh and man it hit me like a freight train at points. Was also my idea for a second date which I think worked out, but other stuff not related to me kind of killed that potential relationship (nothing malicious and we were both amiable and supportive still a bit of a bummer though)

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Yeah this new info (to me) makes him seem much more of a tonedeaf person.

Edit cause I didnt see it:

Junpei Hyde posted:

OK so, I think this discussion has basically gone in circles for like 4 full pages and I think that's enough. I think Ninja's/his wife's women hangups are weird idk. talk about literally anything else now please.

Anyway Mr Rogers is a person I never grew up with, but goddamn do I still somehow feel strongly about him. And I barely have seen any of his shows outside of the Twitch marathon.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

achillesforever6 posted:

I saw it during the early release in a old theater in Pittsburgh and man it hit me like a freight train at points. Was also my idea for a second date which I think worked out, but other stuff not related to me kind of killed that potential relationship (nothing malicious and we were both amiable and supportive still a bit of a bummer though)

i need to see it. i am probably gonna buy the new biography that just came out. i heard thats pretty good too.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

The documentary is very good. It bothers me that there are people on the earth who grew up after he was off the air.

DoubleCakes
Jan 14, 2015

T1J addresses his straight dude viewers with a video on male flirting and what's it like to be a female on the other end.

And cartoon critic Saberspark has a video on What RUINED Fox Animation?

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

business hammocks posted:

The documentary is very good. It bothers me that there are people on the earth who grew up after he was off the air.

yeah i feel so bad for em. one of the few times a celeb death crushed me.

OmanyteJackson
Mar 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i can't believe the same thread that just posted videos about parasocial relationships has unrealistic expectations on the power of a single streamer to shape online Discorse.

it's ironic that the most visible advocate for feminism in games has indirectly contributed to a more toxic online community. I mean advocate all you want but if it just leads to more virulent and targeted harassment then maybe a better strategy is in order.

Waffles Inc.
Jan 20, 2005

OmanyteJackson posted:

it's ironic that the most visible advocate for feminism in games has indirectly contributed to a more toxic online community. I mean advocate all you want but if it just leads to more virulent and targeted harassment then maybe a better strategy is in order.

:stare:

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

Hey guys what are your opinions on Star Wars

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Puppy Time posted:

The prequels are really good.

Baka-nin
Jan 25, 2015

Puppy Time posted:

Reagan should be impeached :D

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010
Didn't see mod post sorry

Ash Crimson fucked around with this message at 23:48 on Sep 21, 2018

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway

Puppy Time posted:

I think stars themselves are more interesting than wars in them, I'd subscribe to an astronomy channel. That would be neat.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

they don't even fight any stars!

OmanyteJackson
Mar 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
tropes v women failed in its goal to broaden understanding of feminism in gaming. the question is whether that goal was ever possible or was that project just a dud.

If you think better things arnt possible I get that, I've been there. but if you accept that things can go differently maybe the internet don't always be poo poo.

This whole Ninja thing, most political drama really, is just a debate over Dogma or pragmatism. The right ideas or the right results. I get that people feel good when bad people are dragged but since that does basicly nothing, maybe treating spreading the word as an ad campaign and not a hobby might be better?

Kim Justice
Jan 29, 2007

Dude. Stop. The mod's called it.

OmanyteJackson
Mar 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
fine I'll stop

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Does a Star Destroyer kill stars?

Dean of Swing
Feb 22, 2012
Solo is a good movie and I hope the next one is like it.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Arcsquad12 posted:

Does a Star Destroyer kill stars?

Who would win a fight, a Star Destroyer or a Death Star?

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Dean of Swing posted:

Solo is a good movie and I hope the next one is like it.

i genuinely liked it. it was a fun small story that used its characters well and it wasn't some big dumb "save the universe" poo poo. then again i liked all of the disney ones with the least being rogue one.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Leal posted:

Who would win a fight, a Star Destroyer or a Death Star?

death star, easy. its built to be able to fight off capital ships.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Dapper_Swindler posted:

death star, easy. its built to be able to fight off capital ships.

If the Star Destroyer has a full complement of TIE Fighters, can they be deployed in this scenario?

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
You know, Obi-Wan asks if the fool or the fool who follows is more foolish. That applies to Tie Fighter pilots. What kind of lunatic sees a bunch of insane redneck bush pilots flying into the superstructure of your death laser and then says "yo guys, we've got this!"

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Arcsquad12 posted:

You know, Obi-Wan asks if the fool or the fool who follows is more foolish. That applies to Tie Fighter pilots. What kind of lunatic sees a bunch of insane redneck bush pilots flying into the superstructure of your death laser and then says "yo guys, we've got this!"

https://i.imgur.com/b79nr8w.mp4

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Real talk last jedi reignited my enjoyment of cinema

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

that’s a big yikes.