Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Nothing exciting to see here. Move along.

seiferguy posted:

Bleep bloop I am a robot and do not understand why someone would want to play Linkle over Volga.

Because Volga is objectively better than Linkle in terms of performance. And also because this isn't a "who do you like better" list. (Because you'd drat bet I'd place Sand Wand above both in that case.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Sand Wand is fun as hell even if it isn’t amazing. Got a problem? Hit it with a train. Problem solved!

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Folt The Bolt posted:

Because Volga is objectively better than Linkle in terms of performance. And also because this isn't a "who do you like better" list. (Because you'd drat bet I'd place Sand Wand above both in that case.)

On the other hand, Volga is a brooding emo asshat who acts SO SAD to take down a warrior, whereas Linkle can't hardly contain her excitement about murdering things. I can't help but fistpump and say hell yeah when she goes "YES! I feel so strong!"

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

seiferguy posted:

On the other hand, Volga is a brooding emo asshat who acts SO SAD to take down a warrior, whereas Linkle can't hardly contain her excitement about murdering things. I can't help but fistpump and say hell yeah when she goes "YES! I feel so strong!"

lmao :allears:

Volga is actually one of the more gung ho characters in the game.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Folt The Bolt posted:

lmao :allears:

Volga is actually one of the more gung ho characters in the game.

His most common quote I see with him is "I take no pleasure in this, but it is done" which doesn't really scream gung ho.

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

Volga really wants to fight worthy opponents and only murders everyone else in hopes of finding one.

Linkle murders a child and is like "gently caress YEAH I'M POWERFUL COME AT ME"

ElegantFugue
Jun 5, 2012

seiferguy posted:

His most common quote I see with him is "I take no pleasure in this, but it is done" which doesn't really scream gung ho.

He says that because you were a decent opponent and now he won't be able to fight you again (or because you were garbage and he didn't want to fight you at all).

He also does things like scream "WHERE ARE YOUR STRONG WARRIORS?!?!" at the top of his lungs while breathing fire, and I'm pretty sure he has one quote that's literally just "RAARRRRRAAAAARRRRRGH!"

He's moody because everyone else is such a weak lame fighter (not like cool big strong DRAGONS) and this dumb sorceress comes and wants to mind control him to fight weak enemies when all he wants to do is find BIG STRONG PEOPLE AND SMASH AGAINST THEM UNTIL ONLY ONE IS LEFT STANDING ROAR

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Bakalakadaka posted:

Volga really wants to fight worthy opponents and only murders everyone else in hopes of finding one.

I love her

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Bakalakadaka posted:

she's right

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.

ElegantFugue posted:

He says that because you were a decent opponent and now he won't be able to fight you again (or because you were garbage and he didn't want to fight you at all).

He also does things like scream "WHERE ARE YOUR STRONG WARRIORS?!?!" at the top of his lungs while breathing fire, and I'm pretty sure he has one quote that's literally just "RAARRRRRAAAAARRRRRGH!"

He's moody because everyone else is such a weak lame fighter (not like cool big strong DRAGONS) and this dumb sorceress comes and wants to mind control him to fight weak enemies when all he wants to do is find BIG STRONG PEOPLE AND SMASH AGAINST THEM UNTIL ONLY ONE IS LEFT STANDING ROAR

Well, what do you expect? He's Lu Bu in a funny helmet.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Is the best way to farm high star level 4 weapons to go to the moon maps in Termina, drop a star potion, equip a weapon with star+ and hope for the best?

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

seiferguy posted:

Is the best way to farm high star level 4 weapons to go to the moon maps in Termina, drop a star potion, equip a weapon with star+ and hope for the best?

lorule also has double weapons and has some divisive battle missions with Cia and Yuga that work well

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Does anyone know of a good, in-depth guide about making a really good Fairy? I am struggling to understand how the stats work and how to get good abilities.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Second question: I am trying to get some Ganon’s Manes to upgrade Toon Zelda. I’m using the one square in the adventure map with the three giant bosses Gohma Dodongo and Ganon. Is there any way to make it more likely that he drops materials? I’m basically getting everything except his silver material and it’s making me very frustrated. I am getting it maybe 1/5 of the time and that’s dumb as hell.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

Does anyone know of a good, in-depth guide about making a really good Fairy? I am struggling to understand how the stats work and how to get good abilities.

There's a miniguide published by one of the more hardcore HW players here which might help you:
https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/230454-hyrule-warriors-definitive-edition/76841132

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

Second question: I am trying to get some Ganon’s Manes to upgrade Toon Zelda. I’m using the one square in the adventure map with the three giant bosses Gohma Dodongo and Ganon. Is there any way to make it more likely that he drops materials? I’m basically getting everything except his silver material and it’s making me very frustrated. I am getting it maybe 1/5 of the time and that’s dumb as hell.

Ah yes... due to the increase in weapon drop percentages, getting silver materials from bosses is now extremely annoying, with higher chances of getting the Gold Material or a weapon drop instead. It's to the point where I've basically stopped expecting Silver Mats in Defeat Boss missions so I now grind Ganon materials on the Dark Ruler mission on the Twilight Map instead.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

The Twilight map has double material drops. Unfortunately I think there's only 1 map where Ganon is on there and it's a final battle map. What you can do is fight all the transport warriors to get weapons to drop before fighting him first because there's a max number of weapon drops per map, but even then that's iffy.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Is Ganon guaranteed to drop mats on the Twilight map?

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

Twilight map doubles material drops. Any time you defeat an enemy and it drops stuff it can drop two materials. Of course, one or both of those materials can also be weapon drops, but otherwise you end up getting lots of drops on the Twilight map.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Another alternative I've found is doing Ganon on the Koholint Island map and using the organ which increases material drops as well. Marin's 4+ is water / light (plus I snagged a Vs. Ganon unlock for her) which is perfect for that map, and it's not a particularly hard map to clear to get to Ganon. By the time you get to Ganon you should have collected enough weapons that he won't drop one.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Even though I said I wasn’t going to, I got all the Skulltulas and am trying to complete the Rewards Map which is very difficult. I am having problems with the one where you have to fight a bunch of giant bosses in the Forsaken Fortress level while capturing keeps and poo poo. The one where the recommended element is water which kind of sucks. I was trying to do it with King Daphnes since I have a 4* lv 4 Sail, but I can’t beat it in under 15 minutes. It wants you to do so much all over the map and it makes it really difficult. Any tips?

I also can’t beat the Boss Rush one without taking a million damage, I need help with that one too because it sucks rear end. It might be easier now that I have the fully unlocked Master Sword but I think the recommended element is also water? Which sucks.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

Even though I said I wasn’t going to, I got all the Skulltulas and am trying to complete the Rewards Map which is very difficult. I am having problems with the one where you have to fight a bunch of giant bosses in the Forsaken Fortress level while capturing keeps and poo poo. The one where the recommended element is water which kind of sucks. I was trying to do it with King Daphnes since I have a 4* lv 4 Sail, but I can’t beat it in under 15 minutes. It wants you to do so much all over the map and it makes it really difficult. Any tips?

I also can’t beat the Boss Rush one without taking a million damage, I need help with that one too because it sucks rear end. It might be easier now that I have the fully unlocked Master Sword but I think the recommended element is also water? Which sucks.

Recommended element is just a slight increase in offensive power, so you can safely ignore it.

Pick at least one character who has an easy time killing bosses: Characters like Wizzro (C4 spam all day erry day whenever WPG appears to take any Giant Boss from full to 0 and has a powerful WPS :circlefap:) is clutch on these missions.

And be prepared to switch characters a lot. The Legends Reward Maps were made to be multi-tasked with switching between multiple characters to juggle various objectives in the given time, but this is admittedly much easier on the 3DS due to the Touch Screen Map.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

I thought about using Wizzro, he also gets the added bonus of his lv4+ weapon being Dark/Water. I’ll just have to play his lv4+ weapon level again until I get a really good one.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

I thought about using Wizzro, he also gets the added bonus of his lv4+ weapon being Dark/Water. I’ll just have to play his lv4+ weapon level again until I get a really good one.

Ooooooooorr...

1. Use Weapon Rank III Mixture in Apothecary.

2. Pick the Lorule Mission featuring dividing Dark Yuga.

3. Pick character you want to have Lv. 4+ weapon for and for the weapon, pick a high-damaging one with Slots+, Stars+, and Materials+.

4. Pick your strongest fairy, hopefully with double Shade or double Bombos.

5. Optional: If possible, get the Fairy Ability that lets you have max magic for quite some time on that Fairy.

6. Play mission. Beat up the mooks to get magic or go to the Magic Transport Captain (lower left of the map) then use the fairy nuke. Beat up the Yugas. If possible, activate Focus Spirit and get the max bonus as well before killing the Yugas.

7. You have now maximized your chance to get the best possible weapon for the character.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Sorry to revive this dead thread, but I have one last question. I unlocked everything in Adventure Mode (even the Skulltulas and cleared the Rewards Maps) and I started messing around with Ganon in Challenge mode. Is there any way to level Ganon up with rupees? He starts very weak with very few hearts and takes a ton of damage from officers which is annoying because they can surround you pretty easily.

ElegantFugue
Jun 5, 2012

Nope! Enjoy grinding the lower level missions over and over again until you can grind the higher and higher level missions! :shepicide:

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

drat it the Ganon Challenge mode was a good idea but that was a really bad oversight. Not that I want to spend every rupee I have making him really high level but it just seems antithetical to the reason to be playing as Ganon when little tiny lizard men are poking you for like 8 hearts of damage.

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

Here we go again

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/1303332277779341313

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

... I am extremely okay with this.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I booted up Hyrule Warriors to finish up some of the maps that I didn't quite finish and I am extremely happy with this.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

oh hell yeah

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
I still haven't unlocked all the characters in Definitive Edition, because the game's hard for me.

I still scan five amiibo everyday out of force of habit.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
God drat I'm hype for that.

Linkle better be in it

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

I am hype! So very hype! Too much to hope Groose will make it in, probably?

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Silver Falcon posted:

I am hype! So very hype! Too much to hope Groose will make it in, probably?

It looks like its exclusively BotW characters so probably

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014
no reason they couldn't add more in adventure mode.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Echo Chamber posted:

I still haven't unlocked all the characters in Definitive Edition, because the game's hard for me.

I still scan five amiibo everyday out of force of habit.

Wouldn't you have enough rupees to just max level every character then? Is that how hard it is that max level characters can't beat the tougher maps?

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

pentyne posted:

Wouldn't you have enough rupees to just max level every character then? Is that how hard it is that max level characters can't beat the tougher maps?

A lot of character power is tied up in weapons and some of the DLC characters and weapons are hidden on the harder adventure mode maps.

Still, I didn't particularly have issues unlocking them myself. The changes in Definitive Edition make it much, much easier than the horrific scaling the initial release had.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Zore posted:

It looks like its exclusively BotW characters so probably

Maybe at first, but theres no way they're not doing 4-5 dlc packs of additional characters. Maybe even updated with BotW skins.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

I'm just glad we get more Mipha and Urbosa.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unreal_One
Aug 18, 2010

Now you know how I don't like to use the sit-down gun, but this morning we just don't have time for mucking about.

Hellioning posted:

I'm just glad we get more Mipha and Urbosa.

Mipha is such a milquetoast character I never got the love. Urbosa and Sidon, now, that's the good poo poo.