Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Just-In-Timeberlake posted:

my only concession to being a coffee sperg is a burr grinder and a french press

beyond that it's just pour some boiling water over the grounds and wait a few minutes

:same:

Though I'll confess to weighing out things, but that's a habit I picked up from making bread because flour compresses more than coffee grounds do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
weighing flour for baking is legit. weighing water for coffee is not.

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003
yeah pro bakers know to weigh ingredients out

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

i mean weighing water if you don’t have a measuring device or marks on your coffee maker of choice i guess is alright. if you’re weighing because your coffee has to be ml precise then just :lol:

i just have a standard drip myself. make one pot it’s good for two days.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

President Beep posted:

weighing flour for baking is legit. weighing water for coffee is not.

I only weigh the grounds out :shrug:. I have a .5L thermos I have so I just fill that up with boiling water, then dump on the grounds (I assume the 1 ml/g conversion because lazy) and let steep for 4 minutes.

Just-In-Timeberlake posted:

yeah pro bakers know to weigh ingredients out

Yup, I get annoyed when recipes are given in volume, not mass measurements now.

Combat Theory
Jul 16, 2017

The only kitchen fancyness I got is a contact grill and a thermo mix

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

iospace posted:

I only weigh the grounds out :shrug:.

that’s cool. it’s more effort than im willing to put into it, but it’s not unreasonable to weigh something out that can experience meaningful changes in density, as you pointed out wrt to flour.

water, on the other hand...

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

President Beep posted:

SpaceX Previews Its Mars Base Alpha and New BFR Design

“Musk previously noted that it will probably take SpaceX until 2028 to build on Mars.”

i can’t wait!!! :monocle:
aeiou

john madden
john madden

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
How bad does a billion dollar CEOs week have to be to beg people to come sell his product?

That can't be good.

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

Until Musk makes a bet to eat his own dick, Mcafee has him beat.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

he has to somehow top murdering his neighbor too.

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

And loving a whale.

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

FMguru posted:

aeiou

john madden
john madden

john madden!

john madden!

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

Wanna run with my crew huh? Rule cyberspace and crunch numbers like I do?

football!

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
from the grey thread

https://twitter.com/etrussell1/status/1043339689695039488

loving owned. thanks for the money sucker!

but also, lol. either the entire process is fraudulent or they sold his car on him

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

infernal machines posted:

from the grey thread

but also, lol. either the entire process is fraudulent or they sold his car on him

So here's my question:

Why the gently caress are they selling their current vehicles before they have their new ones in hand?

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
now stick with me here, but i'm going out on a limb and suggesting that maybe the people who are buying $60k vehicles sight unseen from a company with well documented production and logistics issues don't make the best most carefully considered decisions

necrotic
Aug 2, 2005
I owe my brother big time for this!
To put down the 25k

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

perhaps they are in fact very dumb

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

now stick with me here, but i'm going out on a limb and suggesting that maybe the people who are buying $60k vehicles sight unseen from a company with well documented production and logistics issues don't make the best most carefully considered decisions

Well yeah, but it's so loving dumb I needed to point it out.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

iospace posted:

Well yeah, but it's so loving dumb I needed to point it out.

the list of things this statement applies to wrt tesla just keeps getting longer

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

perhaps they are in fact very dumb

you just cracked the case. you’ll make detective for this.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

thanks chief, it wasn't easy but i followed the evidence

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

Not so fast. Lietenant Cheez, Internal Affairs. We've still got our eye on that one. Sure, command made that whacking off in the squadcar thing go away, but any more trouble like he had down in the south side last year and he's in for a world of poo poo.

Hoshi
Jan 20, 2013

:wrongcity:

thanks chief, it wasn't easy but i followed the evidence

Especially since to follow Tesla's money you have to self immolate

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

Peeny Cheez posted:

Not so fast. Lietenant Cheez, Internal Affairs. We've still got our eye on that one. Sure, command made that whacking off in the squadcar thing go away, but any more trouble like he had down in the south side last year and he's in for a world of poo poo.

im the president. you can’t boss me around like this.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

President Beep posted:

im the president. you can’t boss me around like this.

President dez nuts

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

If that's the way you want to play it, fine. When Detective Diddler here goes down, I'll make sure everyone knows it was you protecting him. You'll get impeached... all the way to the blood bank.

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

Carless in Alpharetta, and Loving It*

jammyozzy
Dec 7, 2006

Is that a challenge?

incels interlinked posted:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stressed_member_engine

pretty much limited to motorcycles, electrics, and exotic sports and race cars

My job is designing bits for race cars and I love it. :cool:

Also I just now got your username, I always read it too fast before.

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets

from the grey thread

Guarantee that this situation gets counted as revenue from the sale and the car still as inventory.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

when you buy tesla, you’re not buying a car, you’re buying a lifestyle.

(no, seriously. there is literally no car for you.)

Combat Theory
Jul 16, 2017

from the grey thread

Is this like 4D Chess level capitalism? Resell a car that hasn't been made, that you bought with money you don't have, in the hopes that it's value will rise (what it doesn't)
Did people not learn from 2007?

E: I misread that tweet. Now it went from madness to *karma*

Combat Theory fucked around with this message at 18:32 on Sep 22, 2018

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

No.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Peeny Cheez posted:

When Detective Diddler here goes down

take it easy with the libel there, elon

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

cmot diddler

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

take it easy with the libel there, elon
Constable Car-Jacker? Officer Handy? Squirty Harry?

Take your pick.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

definitely

Peeny Cheez posted:

Squirty Harry

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

five loads or six