Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

big dyke energy
Jul 29, 2006

Football? Yaaaay

infernal machines posted:

notice how most of these people's twitter bio are just lists of brands?

weird.

what causes people to be like this, I don't understand

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

big dyke energy posted:

Modern life is meaningless and stupid.

Chris Hedges also likes to show how the US basically a culture of despair right now.

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

What am I looking at/for here?

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

big dyke energy posted:

We removed our communities and replaced them with #brands

red19fire
May 26, 2010

Raskolnikov38 posted:

https://twitter.com/Paul91701736/status/1043390703198511104

man i had no idea there were infinite free cars waiting to be stolen just an hour away from me

You could probably make a nice pile of loot by hopping the fence and stripping vital parts out of the all deadlined ones. With depleted batteries from sitting for months on end, it probably wouldn’t even trip the anti theft alarms.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

underage at the vape shop posted:

What am I looking at/for here?

The photo is of a Tesla boneyard previously was filled to the top but Tesla has started to move them to other sites.

Probably sitting so long due to the inability to get actual orders and also a big backlog of quality problems which need to be fixed.

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

beeeep booop scam alert

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Siljmonster posted:

beeeep booop scam alert

Basically like those ebay scams in which you pay for something that doesn't show up.

At least with the above scam you can get a refund.

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

etalian posted:

The photo is of a Tesla boneyard previously was filled to the top but Tesla has started to move them to other sites.

Probably sitting so long due to the inability to get actual orders and also a big backlog of quality problems which need to be fixed.

the significance of it all isnt quite clicking, sorry i guess im a bit tired.

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets

Dude should get a lawyer and file a lawsuit on Monday.

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

etalian posted:

Basically like those ebay scams in which you pay for something that doesn't show up.

At least with the above scam you can get a refund.

yeah after screaming at customer service until they take it out of the "do not give money back this is a ponzi scheme" bucket

im depressed lol
Mar 12, 2013

cunts are still running the show.
"i was told my purpose was to track consumer trends, incorporate this data into useful projects for the betterment of the world and be a global discussion platform for all conscious beings. but i realized.... i'm just filled with worthless spam that tries to Nigerian-scam suckers out of crypto-currencies & i am used to dictate (rather than merely report) trends by those who have the power to pay for astro-turfing via millions of fake accounts."

-Twitter, moments after achieving singularity-level consciousness&control over the universe before hurling the Earth into the Sun 2041

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
is there any way i can put money on elon musk getting arrested next week, possibly while its happening?

MisterOblivious
Mar 17, 2010

by sebmojo
https://twitter.com/Neenubh/status/1042381595355897856

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost

Siljmonster posted:

is there any way i can put money on elon musk getting arrested next week, possibly while its happening?

Buying puts on Tesla might do that, but the stock might also go up if he gets arrested

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

lmao there's basically no quick turnaround for any sort of Tesla even minor issues or damage.

Many people have been waiting for months to get their Tesla repairs.

im depressed lol
Mar 12, 2013

cunts are still running the show.
why do you give a gently caress about your stupid car? we're going to mars!

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer

Ytlaya posted:

I can't entirely blame people like that guy; I mean, it's not their fault that they just assumed this auto manufacturer who had received a bunch of positive press would actually behave like a normal company and deliver the product they paid for.

expecting to be able to sell your car a single day before you pick the new one up seems completely reasonable to me I don't think people are posting it to make fun of that guy

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Lote posted:

Dude should get a lawyer and file a lawsuit on Monday.
But how will he get to the lawyer? :thunk:

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

frankenfreak posted:

But how will he get to the lawyer? :thunk:

Lyft?

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

*extremely Star Citizen voice* ignore the FUD, move along people, nothing to see here

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets

Stefan Prodan posted:

expecting to be able to sell your car a single day before you pick the new one up seems completely reasonable to me I don't think people are posting it to make fun of that guy

Yeah. We are pointing out Tesla is a garbage company for doing this to that guy.

Martout
Aug 8, 2007

None so deprived

lmao so slamming the breaks killed the car!?

if only there was some kind of test you could do during production to catch something like this, perhaps in an extremely industry standard way?

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
brake and roll test?

more like break and roll!

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Martout posted:

lmao so slamming the breaks killed the car!?

if only there was some kind of test you could do during production to catch something like this, perhaps in an extremely industry standard way?

I can't find the video now but there was a fairly important part of the Tesla suspension that was made out of the cheapest cast aluminium which had the internal consistency of polystyrene.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Yes mr russell we will just charge you the deposit...schedule for delivery on the 22nd of september annnnd its gone.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/etrussell1/status/1043546037221240838

I knew about the problems but I didn't think they would affect me!!

papersack
Jul 27, 2003

Somewhat unrelated but the way Telltale Games suddenly crashed is how I see Tesla going. They'll still hire people week of the bust knowing full well what's coming just to squeak out the grift a few days longer.

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

MUSK!
:tesla:
:elongate:

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Random guy: "Do you come with the car?"

Grimes: *giggles* "Oh you!"

Next guy: "Do you come with the car?"

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Young Orc

talk about owned

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Young Orc

https://twitter.com/etrussell1/status/1018516816254160897

:thunk:

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

papersack posted:

Somewhat unrelated but the way Telltale Games suddenly crashed is how I see Tesla going. They'll still hire people week of the bust knowing full well what's coming just to squeak out the grift a few days longer.

The games and the game engine pretty much such.

Let's watch interactive cutscenes shaking the control at the right moments to do things like dodge a zombie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7oK7SZkjLk

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

I don’t get it. is he in a mostly empty arena watching the World Cup or...

cool dance moves
Aug 27, 2018

Taintrunner posted:

I don’t get it. is he in a mostly empty arena watching the World Cup or...

looks to me like he's a fan of the Major League Soccer team Atlanta United FC

mls is a garbage league

e: from wikipedia

quote:

On June 30, 2018, fans set another record with 71,932 in attendance, more than any other soccer game happening that day in the world, including the 2018 FIFA World Cup in Russia.[60]

On July 15, 2018, the team again set the league single-match attendance record with 72,243 in attendance.[61] As of that date, Atlanta United now holds the top 5 single-game attendance records in MLS.

google tells me the june 30 games were france/argentina and uruguay/portugal

cool dance moves has issued a correction as of 21:39 on Sep 22, 2018

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

it's going to be so loving funny when tesla shuts down and people have 60-150k paperweights

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

He's also a Trumpa-Lumpa so I hope he never gets his car or, even better, immediately destroys it upon receipt.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

triple sulk posted:

it's going to be so loving funny when tesla shuts down and people have 60-150k paperweights

Let's link basic car operations to a loving server

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Young Orc

triple sulk posted:

cant wait to see who buys them

should be Tencent

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost

Sir Tonk posted:

cant wait to see who buys them

should be Tencent

Also the per share purchase price