Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
Chicken bake doesn't get enough due. It's good. Just gotta make sure you keep one end wrapped so it doesn't leak juice all over you.

Not saying I prefer it over the dog or the Italian sausage sandwich. It's not the best item, nor is it the worst like the brisket / burger. Just a steady, dependable choice. Always there for you when you want it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy
I would have also given a 10/10 if it were a chicken cesar salad

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

Tato posted:

Chicken bake doesn't get enough due. It's good. Just gotta make sure you keep one end wrapped so it doesn't leak juice all over you.

Not saying I prefer it over the dog or the Italian sausage sandwich. It's not the best item, nor is it the worst like the brisket / burger. Just a steady, dependable choice. Always there for you when you want it.

I liked the brisket :catstare:

It was pretty greasy though

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

Chicken bake needs more flavor

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

The Slack Lagoon posted:

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf

The Slack Lagoon posted:

It’s like 20% ranch dressing already poo poo

McGurk
Oct 20, 2004

Cuz life sucks, kids. Get it while you can.

Chicken bake is bland and too bready

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

TheManWithNoName posted:

I have to agree with this unfortunately. A dog or a fat slizzice of za is always a better option.

Also the chicken caesar salad is excellent.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
:qq: ill take my lava hot ranch Pocket somwehere else then!

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Chinatown posted:

I have to agree with this unfortunately. A dog or a fat slizzice of za is always a better option.

Also the chicken caesar salad is excellent.

Yeah, the salad has become my go to food court item while I'm trying to lose a few pounds. I usually set aside the croutons, and use only half the dressing (which is just kinda average tasting IMO).

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
I like the costco brisket sandwich

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

TheManWithNoName posted:

Ya this

Captain Beans posted:

It’s like 20% ranch dressing already poo poo

Isn't it ceasar dressing?

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

I mean the chicken bake might be flavorful for someone that puts ketchup on their hotdog, but for people that use real condiments the chicken bake is bland

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf

The Slack Lagoon posted:

Ya this

Isn't it ceasar dressing?

sounds right, I’ve only had one or two. Hotdog or the berry granola yoghurt for me

i would love to try a Costco burrito though

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Going to costco today.

belt
May 12, 2001

by Nyc_Tattoo
Man, Costco premium gas was .45 c/gal less than the other gas stations here today. I think that's the biggest difference I've seen. It's a shame I could only fit 3.5 gal in my bike. I almost pumped some of it on the ground so I could save more money!

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation

Hypnolobster posted:

What are you trying to say

Sorry, what I meant to say was

Chinatown posted:

A dog or a fat slizzice of za is always a better option.

Scornful Sexbot
Sep 24, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

9/10 shoulda been a Chicken Bake

I feel chilled to the bone

durrneez
Feb 20, 2013

I like fish. I like to eat fish. I like to brush fish with a fish hairbrush. Do you like fish too?

11/10

edit: vvv theyre jelly cuz they shop at sams club :nyd:

durrneez fucked around with this message at 16:28 on Sep 21, 2018

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

The best thing is when you notice all the sad/jealous god faces in the background

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I am slightly taken aback about all this chicken bake hate. It's a Cotsco staple! Hot dog, slice of Zaaa, chicken cesar salad, and a Chicken bake! Its part of the menu that hasn't changed! Stop trying to say bland things arent great! It was already great! Make chicken bake great again!
:trumppop:

Has anyone every stood in like a makeshift line waiting for more rotisserie chickens to come out? This happens alot and ive almost been shoved out the way a few times by older women for some primo-chicken. Like, God drat. Just grab any chicken!

ShortyMR.CAT fucked around with this message at 18:39 on Sep 21, 2018

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

I've been stuck in line trying to get my screaming toddler a free sample while some old lady stands there eating multiple samples and having a conversation with the old lady handing them out.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

ban all samples

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
It brings me joy that people once threw stones at me in this thread, but now more and more are seeing the light - gently caress samples. Get them out of the church. It's time we kick over their tables just like Jesus kicked over the money changers. Their mere existence pollutes the fine halls of the Co.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Sometimes I eat too many samples and have no room for Dogs/Pizza :smith:

sike, i always have room for pizza and dogs

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
Few weeks ago I overheard someone complaining to one of the sample ladies at the length of the checkout line. The customer just could not understand that she couldn't open a register for herself because she wasn't an employee of the company.

The lines weren't even that long.

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

luchajones posted:

needs catsup

Shoulda put deli mustard on it instead, too.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

FogHelmut posted:

I've been stuck in line trying to get my screaming toddler a free sample while some old lady stands there
Why? She's old. Just push her withered claw out of the way and grab two. If she gives you poo poo just turn to the crying kid and say "ok, there you go, the hungry old lady didn't get them all"

Samples tables create a zone of anti-society. All social norms are gone once another party violates the contract.
This includes getting empty carts the gently caress out if there, or pushing your cart through people just lolligagging about.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This was at an asian grocery and not costco, but I once took a sample from a tray with my fingers and an old asian lady gave my shoulder a light slap because I guess I was supposed to use a toothpick. Its not even like I touched any of the other samples, they all had plenty of space in between each other.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I've never had to wait in line for a sample. If I did I just wouldn't get it. It's a minuscule piece of random food. I've never seen the mess that you guys see and I'm very grateful for that. I've actually never seen that here in any places that give away samples.

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

EAT FASTER!!!!!! posted:

Someone posted in here a while back about how to get sashimi cuts off the salmon filets they sell at Costco.

PBUC.

Has the fresh salmon sold at Costco been flash frozen and thawed? It's not a good idea to eat raw fish that hasn't been frozen first (freezing kills most parasites but not bacteria). Salmon, unlike tuna, may contain worms.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I believe in the United States that all commercial grade fish is flash frozen and thawed. I could be wrong on this, but I feel like it's standard practice/the law.

The crab stuffed Salmon is pretty good !

Spoondick
Jun 9, 2000

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

I believe in the United States that all commercial grade fish is flash frozen and thawed. I could be wrong on this, but I feel like it's standard practice/the law.

The crab stuffed Salmon is pretty good !

only sushi grade fish is required by law to be flash frozen before sale, and all raw preparations of fish must use sushi grade... other fish may or may not be frozen, but that's more an issue of logistics than law... i personally wouldn't mess with eating non-sushi grade raw because ive dispensed so many dewormer pills to fishermen who had sashimi on the boat

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know
Costco freezes all of their salmon and then it is thawed for sale.

Also, anecdotally, I have eaten like 9 billion pounds of raw salmon from Costco and have yet to see a parasite of any kind.

Spoondick posted:

only sushi grade fish is required by law to be flash frozen before sale, and all raw preparations of fish must use sushi grade... other fish may or may not be frozen, but that's more an issue of logistics than law... i personally wouldn't mess with eating non-sushi grade raw because ive dispensed so many dewormer pills to fishermen who had sashimi on the boat

I'm pretty certain that there is no such thing, legally speaking, as sushi grade fish. Raw fish served in restaurants is usually required to be flash frozen at -4 for one week as per parasite destruction guidelines, but that's not the same thing.

Informally, "sushi grade" usually means it was frozen, and it's usually the top quality sections of the fish, but there are no official regulations that I'm aware of.

Taima fucked around with this message at 19:11 on Sep 22, 2018

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

My daughter approves of the sherpa throw!

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
^^
Only one throw? What kinda un-costco purchase is this!?!?!

I was gonna say, I've cut raw salmon up before for sashimi...obviously i didnt get sick from it, but this was also before i knew about flash freezing and what not. These are the risk im willing to take!

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

People in front of my bought $650 in Costco items, none of which were big ticket things. This included like $300 in assorted wines.

They're having a good weekend I bet

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Nfcknblvbl posted:

My daughter approves of the sherpa throw!

The blankets at Costco are A+! My wife and I have a few of them and they are super comfy.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

Sitting in $282 on my Costco Credit Card right now and it's not cashing out until February! Kinda just wish I could get it sent whenever, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Whenever yall talk about purchases and credit cash backs on your accounts, I feel like Tien during the Majin Buu Saga.

and this. . . Is to go a level BEYOND EXECUTIVE. :ssj::frogon:

FilthyImp fucked around with this message at 06:21 on Sep 23, 2018