Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

Nothing in Jurassic World is natural, we have always filled gaps in the genome with the DNA of other animals. And if the genetic code was pure, many of them would look quite different. But you didn't ask for reality, you asked for more teeth.
Best ep of the season, although it hasn't been a good season so far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

The Dennis System posted:

Best ep of the season, although it hasn't been a good season so far.

Do we have to do this every season?

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

can we stop complaining about people complaining about the quality of the show every season?

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Ratjaculation posted:

can we stop complaining about people complaining about the quality of the show every season?

Only by going one layer deeper. It's an eternal hole with no means of escape.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Can we stop complaining about people complaining about people complaining? poo poo.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Please only comment to say how much you enjoyed the episode. The IASiP thread is a negativity free zone.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Ratjaculation posted:

I think it's cathartic for goons to come on to TVIV and tell everyone how much they hate the show they can't stop watching, I do it in the American Horror Story thread near constantly

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

multijoe posted:

Please only comment to say how much you enjoyed the episode. The IASiP thread is a negativity free zone.

I enjoyed the episode about 47. Maybe 48.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

multijoe posted:

It doesn't have to be a negativity free zone. But every single season for the past several years, people have come into the thread to say how this is the season where they've finally lost it and it's not funny. Then the season ends and those same people now love the season and it's this new season that's actually bad now. The shtick is tired and played out.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Cojawfee posted:

It doesn't have to be a negativity free zone. But every single season for the past several years, people have come into the thread to say how this is the season where they've finally lost it and it's not funny. Then the season ends and those same people now love the season and it's this new season that's actually bad now. The shtick is tired and played out.

Most people are saying it's not as good as it used to be, which as someone who only started with the show last year, I fully agree with. It's still a funny show but at this point the cast (Dennis especially) are playing very broad caricatures of themselves and the scripts just aren't as sublimely good as they were seasons 2 - 9.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

multijoe posted:

Most people are saying it's not as good as it used to be, which as someone who only started with the show last year, I fully agree with. It's still a funny show but at this point the cast (Dennis especially) are playing very broad caricatures of themselves and the scripts just aren't as sublimely good as they were seasons 2 - 9.

You can probably find this exact same post in the past four or five threads.

reitetsu
Sep 27, 2009

Should you find yourself here one day... In accordance with your crimes, you can rest assured I will give you the treatment you deserve.

multijoe posted:

But Mac & Dennis Move to the Suburbs was a season 11 episode? :confused:

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Cojawfee posted:

You can probably find this exact same post in the past four or five threads.

Well yeah, 'the show peaked in season 9' makes just as much sense being said in the season 11 thread.

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

I like to watch and laugh at the still somewhat funny show, and then also make fun of the bad parts

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

multijoe posted:

Well yeah, 'the show peaked in season 9' makes just as much sense being said in the season 11 thread.

That's why I said the shtick is tired and played out. The show is clearly going in the direction of caricatures, and they don't show any signs of stopping.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Cojawfee posted:

That's why I said the shtick is tired and played out. The show is clearly going in the direction of caricatures, and they don't show any signs of stopping.

Jesus dude no one is trolling you, if you don't agree with someone just ignore them or respond constructively. Posting about posting about It's Always Sunny is just sad

hughesta
Jun 12, 2012

i know its super duper kooper
cool like up the bitches snitches
I remember people saying the show was out of gas and should be wrapped up back when season 7 was airing

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
THIS SHOW WAS NEVER GOOD IT WAS ALWAYS BAD

its always been good and its still good

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

I've been watching this show and become a slight super-fan since about season 5. I've never talked about it online though, this is my first foray into typing my opinions about always sunny into the internet. I've never ever experienced the feeling of "hmm something feels off about this season..." before this one. The boggs reboot has become one of my favourites though, so I'm pretty optimistic about the future.

Also a "bad" always sunny episode is still a treat because I love everyone in this show. I really hope we'll see Cricket this season.

Moose-Alini
Sep 11, 2001

Not always so
I wanna see what happened to the lawyer. He was the one guy who could beat the gang, and he’s finally getting pulled down.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Last time we saw him he was getting his eyes removed by a Royal right?

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

Baronjutter posted:

a "bad" always sunny episode is still a treat because I love everyone in this show. I really hope we'll see Cricket this season.

:agreed:

i love they are still making episodes and every season has been a little different than the one before. some eps, like frank's brother, are better on a second or third watch

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
The show peaked at "Intervention" but has maintained a high quality ever since.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

I have a trrrifying crush on Artemis the character

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

I'm trying to think of what episode it was where someone was trying to grab someone else's dick to see if they were hard? I'm fairly sure it's Sunny

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
Sounds like Workaholics too.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

I dunno, Artemis's part kind of worked for me. Like right at the beginning in her first objection she says they should go for some gross out humor because nobody would expect it from women... Then at the end it turns out she never let go of the gross out humor plan.
That worked for me too! Maybe because there she was talking broadly about comedy from women and not talking almost explicitly about what the fan reaction to the episode was going to be.

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

The last good season was two seasons ago, regardless of what the current season is.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Brawnfire posted:

I'm trying to think of what episode it was where someone was trying to grab someone else's dick to see if they were hard? I'm fairly sure it's Sunny

That was The Office. Pam was pregnant and wanted to see if Jim was lying about being attracted to her replacement, so Dwight tried to see if he had a boner by pretending to fall and catch Jim for balance.

You guys like to bitch about Sunny, but late-season Office was so much worse.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Postal Parcel posted:

(Not a complaint, I actually love when they go back to things that they failed once before)

Is the original Boss Hogg episode considered a failure? It is probably the most memorable and best constructed episode of the recent seasons, imo.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

The original Boggs episode is probably one of the all time most popular and re-watched episodes for the folks I know. I still lose it every time it Dee vanishes and it cuts to her laying passed out in the least dignified pose possible on the conveyor. Most of my top episodes are all from the most recent 3 seasons, show is good.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Big Mean Jerk posted:

That was The Office. Pam was pregnant and wanted to see if Jim was lying about being attracted to her replacement, so Dwight tried to see if he had a boner by pretending to fall and catch Jim for balance.

You guys like to bitch about Sunny, but late-season Office was so much worse.

Oh god I completely forgot about that.

Shasta Orange Soda
Apr 25, 2007
The idea of Dee, Artemis, the Waitress, and Mac's and Charlie's moms all getting together to go to a women's march the whole way across the country just sounds so insanely out of character for every one of those characters. Did I miss something that explained how this all came about?

a bitchin jetski
Jun 20, 2018

by SA Support Robot

Shasta Orange Soda posted:

The idea of Dee, Artemis, the Waitress, and Mac's and Charlie's moms all getting together to go to a women's march the whole way across the country just sounds so insanely out of character for every one of those characters. Did I miss something that explained how this all came about?

It's a television show.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Shasta Orange Soda posted:

Dee just wanted to do the Boggs thing, Waitress has always been into pretending to be a good person, Artemis was going to shill crystals, and Mac’s and Charlie’s moms will do anything if you ply them with enough nicotine/alcohol.

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.
It's like when Seinfeld got a bit wacky with its plots towards the end. Not at its best, but still very fun. I've enjoyed all three episodes.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Mac and Charlie probably put their moms on the flight to get rid of them for a while.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Honestly I’m having a hearty LMAO at the notion of someone posting “hey, I know you guys have been watching this show for literally over a decade but as someone who just started watching it last year it’s not as good as it used to be!”

I posit that for many IASIP fans, it’s the time and growth between seasons that adds to the surrealism. As you grow up in life, YOU will also become a stretched and vaunted caricature of yourself. You will begin to catch yourself doing things, crazy things, not because you WANT to, but because you HAVE to, because those are the kinds of things YOU are known for or supposed to do or expected to do. Watching Charlie or Mac grow from Season 1 to Season 12 is an INSANE study in character development and ethos, and the idea that someone could binge 12 seasons in a summer and expect to understand the show on the same level as those of us who basically aged right alongside the characters is funnier to me than any number of people kramering into the thread to tell me how bad it sucks.

Find your favorite “the show is bad now” post, then go look up their posts from like a year ago and see what they thought of last season (hint: they always think it’s bad)

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.
It's not the biggest laugh of the season, but I love how Charlie concedes some point from Mac with "art of the deal, art of the deal".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Zzulu posted:

Literally every season since this show started people have been ragging on every season but literally every season has been great

i remember thinking the 7th season was a serious decline from 5th and 6th lol