Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/ELPlethora/status/1041852014722998273

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nystral
Feb 6, 2002

Every man likes a pretty girl with him at a skeleton dance.

jesus WEP posted:

I mean it’s demonstrably false anyway. Rollins, Vader, Xavier, Maddox...

Uhh... que??

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

Nystral posted:

Uhh... que??

vader posted a picture of himself with his dick out or something on twitter a few years back

it was actually a good thing because it led to a good joey janela tweet

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

It was also a good thing because we got to see Vader's weiner.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

:cripes:

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet

....what?

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

"when he himself is also made of carbon," etc.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
https://twitter.com/RichardGerber03/status/1043901919226408961

Imagine being this wide-eyed naive about WWE and Saudi Arabia and human history and the world in general

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I'm just going to repost that tweet everytime someone says WWE isn't creating propaganda for KSA.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

You missed the other good part

https://twitter.com/RichardGerber03/status/1043954444893851648?s=20

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
I mean I sympathize with the guy because I work with Saudis all the time and there is a definite split between Saudi Arabia as a people and Saudi Arabia as a political force represented by a ruling monarchy

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

So would you agree that the WWE is the leading force for women's empowerment in the Middle East

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Sometimes I'm not into snippy Twitter Dave but given the tweets today this seems extra good

https://twitter.com/davemeltzerWON/status/1043976456848560128

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Smoking Crow posted:

So would you agree that the WWE is the leading force for women's empowerment in the Middle East

No? But at the same time pushing for cultural isolation because you dont like the monarchy seems a little too far.

Like, the WWE doing shows in KSA is a good thing, just as movie theaters finally opening in KSA is a good thing. WWE doing shows in KSA as propaganda for the monarchy though is not a good thing.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

the cultural boycott of apartheid south africa was actually bad
- mel mudkiper

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

jesus WEP posted:

the cultural boycott of apartheid south africa was actually bad
- mel mudkiper

The Apartheid Boycott was a much more complex situation than "they are bad, dont play sun city"

Doing a show in KSA itself isnt bad, doing it because you are being paid by the government to do it as propaganda is.

I mean, do you boycott every movie co produced by a chinese company?

Kvantum
Feb 5, 2006
Skee-entist

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I mean, do you boycott every movie co produced by a chinese company?
How many of them are tied into the Chinese government? All of them?

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

WWE doing a show in KSA is a complicated issue where you'll need to make your own moral choice on if it is ok or not.

WWE doing a show in KSA and taking time to show propaganda videos about "look, we let women drive and not need a chaperone for everything" is very bad and if you think otherwise you're an idiot.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

These are all good points when considering the moral and ethical ramifications of the wwe in Saudi Arabia but have you considered the 200 million dollars?

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug
That 200 million could have been spent oppressing women, political activists, and human rights workers, but instead it's spent oppressing the WWE Universe.

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

Two Beans posted:

That 200 million could have been spent oppressing women, political activists, and human rights workers, but instead it's spent oppressing the WWE Universe.

so if you think about it, that makes us WWE viewers the real heroes, suffering godawful booking so that others don't suffer worse
:thunk:

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Gumball Gumption posted:

WWE doing a show in KSA is a complicated issue where you'll need to make your own moral choice on if it is ok or not.

WWE doing a show in KSA and taking time to show propaganda videos about "look, we let women drive and not need a chaperone for everything" is very bad and if you think otherwise you're an idiot.

Isn't that literally what Mel is saying?

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Yeah, I'm trying out this thing called agreeing. You don't see it online that much.

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest

Gumball Gumption posted:

Yeah, I'm trying out this thing called agreeing. You don't see it online that much.

sounds illegal

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

It’s actually very simple:

WWE is bad.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Gumball Gumption posted:

Sorry, it's hard to gauge tone sometimes. :shobon:

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

A play in three parts re: Brie injuring Liv Morgan

quote:

I blame Strong style and indie match influence.

quote:

You know she is pressured to do all this poo poo (work stiff and do stupid spots) because it's the only way internet valuates a wrestler (more a female)

Okada vs Shibata is a disgusting match that gets praised with a million stars,so those are the standards these days.

quote:

I can't with your hypocrisy

Asuka kicks heads all around,Sasha stiffed and broke Alexa nose just because she don't like her,Alexa just got injured against a green Ronda.
You are asking for Meiko to sign, and Shirai and Kairi to be pushed to the moon
And better not start to talk about male wrestlers who actually injured fellow wrestlers like AJ and Seth while you masturbate to Shibata and Minoru Suzuki matches

You talk a lot about EQUALITY but in the end that's only your public face you only want Women Wrestlers photo threads.

And Meltzer was right,accidents happens and better don't you dare to criticize the sub-par WWE Women Division.

And now I'm leaving this place forever.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
Brie Bella should use burning hammers and Tiger Driver '91s or she should gtfo

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I'm surprised no one has used yoshi-hashi tripping as an example of the dangerous njpw.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Marquis de Pyro posted:

Brie Bella should use burning hammers and Tiger Driver '91s or she should gtfo

Her set up will be the psycho driver and her finisher will be the ganso bomb onto a chair

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Brie Bella's new gimmick, "Every CAW in every wrestling game ever".

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Brie Bella goes for her patented imploding split legged 720 twisting double moonsault senton but halfway through the move she teleports outside the ring and stretches grotesquely before ricocheting around the arena at impossible speeds

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
I think it's safe to say that Brie is just not a great wrestler while her sister Nikisawa, is a great wrestler just out to pound her own spine into dust.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Testekill posted:

See, this forum isn't so bad. Our posters who melt down and randomly say they're done forever at least have the guts to talk about us being fooled by the media first

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Testekill posted:

BRAIN WORMS

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

RealFoxy posted:

I think it's safe to say that Brie is just not a great wrestler while her sister Nikisawa, is a great wrestler just out to pound her own spine into dust.

Her name is Low-Brie.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

MassRafTer posted:

Her name is Low-Brie.

Where do I sign up for her motivational e-seminar?

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

I wish the terrible wrestler thread was still active. Del Rio is a piece of poo poo. So is that fan to be fair.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

reminder that at least one arrest was her taking the blame for her boyfriend at the time beating her up, can’t remember who is was though :thunk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Rafy la tortuga?