Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spinning Robo
Apr 17, 2007
The kid in the comic being Brett Kavanaugh changes nothing about the setup of the comic. Trump could call that character "Jimmy" and it would read exactly the same.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Jesus
Feb 26, 2009

What's wrong with you? You don't even have your beer goggles on!!

Arrhythmia posted:

It's the most facile observation (Trump likes sexually assaulting women, and sexual assault is bad) drawn out to eight panels, two years out of date, with no punchline.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Arrhythmia posted:

It's the most facile observation (Trump likes sexually assaulting women, and sexual assault is bad) drawn out to eight panels, two years out of date, with no punchline.

Yeah, I think Ruben Bolling had a mini-stroke when Trump became president, and now his comic is 90% dumb Trump jokes. He occasionally throws in a Super Fun-Pak Comix or Billy Dare strip once in blue moon, but these days it's almost entirely Trump focused strips.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Milo and POTUS posted:

Inadvertently

alright, advertently.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Yeah, I think Ruben Bolling had a mini-stroke when Trump became president, and now his comic is 90% dumb Trump jokes. He occasionally throws in a Super Fun-Pak Comix or Billy Dare strip once in blue moon, but these days it's almost entirely Trump focused strips.

Trump basically broke a lot of liberal brains the same way Obama broke conservative brains. And between that and 9/11, I don't think there's any Americans left with non-broken brains.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Arrhythmia posted:

It's not his best but I don't think Ruben Bolling is capable of making a bad comic

Loucks
May 21, 2007

It's incwedibwe easy to suck my own dick.

Arrhythmia posted:

:lol:

You don’t follow the news at all, do you?

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Trump basically broke a lot of liberal brains the same way Obama broke conservative brains. And between that and 9/11, I don't think there's any Americans left with non-broken brains.

“This rear end in a top hat is supremely unqualified to be president and is openly abusing his powers” bears no resemblance to “They put a <hard n> in the White House!”

But sure, tell yourself both sides are the same. Good job thinking critically.

Loucks has a new favorite as of 15:07 on Sep 23, 2018

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Loucks posted:

:lol:

You don’t follow the news at all, do you?

“This rear end in a top hat is supremely unqualified to be president and is openly abusing his powers” bears no resemblance to “They put a <hard n> in the White House!”

You're taking this comic really hard dude. Is there something wrong you want to tell us about? I know Trump is a really bad president, and it can be hard to face the poor choice many Americans made, but that's no reason to take it out on your fellow goons. We're here for you man.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Now I'm really curious what they think a soft n would sound like

Son of Thunderbeast has a new favorite as of 15:45 on Sep 23, 2018

luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

This is my favorite comic

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Loucks posted:

He didn't say it was unjustified, just that it broke their brains, and it absolutely did

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

ubergnu
Jun 7, 2002

Failed gothic
Trump not very good president.

Incisive comic:

e: wait, why isn't this showing?
e2: there we go

ubergnu has a new favorite as of 16:10 on Sep 23, 2018

Comptroll The Forums
Apr 25, 2007

DON'T HURT MY FEE FEES!
These debates would be a lot easier to follow if I could ever remember who all the ironic gimmick posters are.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
Everyone knows that the best comic ever made is the Garfield where Jon drinks dog cum it's a proven fact. There's a clear line upwards from the prehistoric art in the caves at Lascaux directly to that particular strip and now we all have to live in a world where no comic could ever or will ever be as good as that one.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

Everyone knows that the best comic ever made is the Garfield where Jon drinks dog cum it's a proven fact. There's a clear line upwards from the prehistoric art in the caves at Lascaux directly to that particular strip and now we all have to live in a world where no comic could ever or will ever be as good as that one.

Hard counterpoint

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NAh9oLs67Cw

BallerBallerDillz
Jun 11, 2009

Cock, Rules, Everything, Around, Me
Scratchmo

ubergnu posted:

Trump not very good president.

Incisive comic:

e: wait, why isn't this showing?
e2: there we go

Go back to it not showing.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

Now I'm really curious what they think a soft n would sound like

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Letter_%F1_es_es.flac

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

correcting my mom during her racial tirade to tell her how the spaniard pronounces the n word

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth

Phlegmish posted:

He didn't say it was unjustified, just that it broke their brains, and it absolutely did

This is a great point.

Trump broke a lot of people's brains on the left and right, including mine. There are lots of posters on this website whose posting became utterly changed and mostly insane once he got into office.

I mean, we can't bring up Ruben's brain being broken without talking about Ben Garrison's brain being broken too. Like a third of the country short-circuited their noggins on election night, 2016.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Garrison comics are hilarious if you're even on the fence about abandoning all hope. Like laugh out loud funny.

Triarii
Jun 14, 2003

Spinning Robo posted:

The kid in the comic being Brett Kavanaugh changes nothing about the setup of the comic. Trump could call that character "Jimmy" and it would read exactly the same.

I'm not sure what you mean because the joke is in pointing out the parallels between Trump's and Kavanaugh's sexual assault allegations and subsequent paths to the highest offices of power in the US. It's still pretty basic and it gets dragged out for a while but it's more than just "trump bad".

Now that the joke has been explained I'm sure everyone will find it much funnier.

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

forums poster your friend a dog is an actual trump supporter so i'm really not sure why anybody is entertaining his posts

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

Right, that's how you do it. Thanks for the refresher. I felt my brain was going out for a moment there.

your friend a dog
Nov 2, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Zelder posted:

No no, I want my friend, a dog to argue it

if you need someone to tell you "hurrr drumpft" is an unfunny observation drawn upon by untalented wannabe comics who don't have the skill to make actual jokes then maybe you should stick to D&D instead of PYF

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Maybe it's been done before but here is an idea for a funny comic:

Panel 1: Problem
Panel 2: Donald Trump. Does smart thing.
Panel 3: Problem gone. (N.b. no words in this panel)

What do you think?

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

But what did he mean by that?

Karate Bastard posted:

Maybe it's been done before but here is an idea for a funny comic:

Panel 1: Problem
Panel 2: Donald Trump. Does smart thing.
Panel 3: Problem gone. (N.b. no words in this panel)

What do you think?

like so?

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
:master:

You know what I never considered that he might build the wall between me and him. That makes a fuckload of sense actually.

Karate Bastard has a new favorite as of 10:53 on Sep 24, 2018

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

How is the problem solved here he's about to climb over the wall.

Captain Jesus
Feb 26, 2009

What's wrong with you? You don't even have your beer goggles on!!
I wanted to say that I'm sorry I broke the thread with the Trump comic but I'm actually glad.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

lol

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn

EdwardSwifferhands
Apr 27, 2008

I will probably lick whatever you put in front of me.
I was about to say that I don't see the connection but then realized they're gonna drink the piss.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

The Moon Monster posted:

How is the problem solved here he's about to climb over the wall.

Nah I just made it over lol

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

EdwardSwifferhands posted:

I was about to say that I don't see the connection but then realized they're gonna drink the piss.

:trumppop:

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

Album

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fuzGrT2gzq4

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Suprisingly, the new member is Harmony. Without teamwork, Incredible Violence just wasn't very effective.

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

bike cuck does some good comics sometimes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Too real. :smithcloud: