Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

snoremac posted:

It's not the biggest laugh of the season, but I love how Charlie concedes some point from Mac with "art of the deal, art of the deal".

Those are always the best parts of IASIP when they just have a random code of law that they follow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Big Mean Jerk posted:

That was The Office. Pam was pregnant and wanted to see if Jim was lying about being attracted to her replacement, so Dwight tried to see if he had a boner by pretending to fall and catch Jim for balance.

You guys like to bitch about Sunny, but late-season Office was so much worse.

Thank you SO much, I was going nuts, my friend was looking at me like "uhhh"

During the later seasons of The Office they should have just filled the set with nitrogen and filmed everyone slowly dying, and it would have been more entertaining.

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

Brawnfire posted:

Thank you SO much, I was going nuts, my friend was looking at me like "uhhh"

During the later seasons of The Office they should have just filled the set with nitrogen and filmed everyone slowly dying, and it would have been more entertaining.

I don't remember that scene but Dwight trying different ways to sneak a grab of Jim's dick for an episode sounds WAY funnier than most of what I remember from the office.

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

Loved the ep where Jim encased Dwight's dick and balls in jello

JordanStiva
Jan 14, 2015
I thought the meta stuff in the latest episode was a bit blatant but it ended with Artemis spiking an entire plane full of people with ayahuasca so the ends justify the means

SweetMercifulCrap!
Jan 28, 2012
Lipstick Apathy
I think I would have liked this better without Artemis's running meta commentary. Maybe an introduction just to be sure the audience is on the same page ("yes, we're calling out stuff like the Ghostbusters reboot!"), but by continually bringing it back up it made the whole thing feel more forced.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I've been following the show since 2009 and it's insane to me how it's one of the few shows that I can just watch and laugh until I basically have to stop and go to the toilet to avoid peeing myself. Whenever I feel a little downtrodden, I ask myself in my head "What's the time?" and I smile like a moron.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Also, Dee ruining a man's life because she was called his "rock bottom" was one of the funniest things the show has done, and that was last season!

Electronico6
Feb 25, 2011

They should've just done a shot for shot remake of the Wade Boggs one, but with an all women cast just for the weirdness of it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5AGbzEfN6Sw

But instead it's the Waitress and Artemis doing it.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
The meta line in this episode was kinda jarring. Compared to the "The Gang Tries to Win an Award" episode, it was not very... organic? I guess that's the word. However, unfortunately and paradoxically the meta narrative was right, rehashing old material doesn't work if you have no original ideas, and they didn't have any this time. Disappointing.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

steinrokkan posted:

The meta line in this episode was kinda jarring. Compared to the "The Gang Tries to Win an Award" episode, it was not very... organic? I guess that's the word. However, unfortunately and paradoxically the meta narrative was right, rehashing old material doesn't work if you have no original ideas, and they didn't have any this time. Disappointing.

The Gang Recycled Their Trash Again

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Specifically, instead of developing and refining the old episode's premise, they somehow managed to spend the reboot doing less with the same material. spreading the premise thin without adding anything.

SweetMercifulCrap!
Jan 28, 2012
Lipstick Apathy

steinrokkan posted:

Yeah, Artemis's constant meta explaining made the (already kind of forced) concept feel even more forced. This show works best when everything feels organic no matter how crazy and outlandish it actually is.

It was still an okay episode, though.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

i remember thinking the 7th season was a serious decline from 5th and 6th lol

To be fair the 5th season is the best one.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.

Doltos posted:

Those are always the best parts of IASIP when they just have a random code of law that they follow.

I’m pretty sure they were referencing actual tactics from the Trump book.

I’m not certain of it, however.

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

:eyepop:
Can they go back to what makes the show funny and stop with the boring unsubtle gender commentary yet?

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Fanatic posted:

Can they go back to what makes the show funny and stop with the boring unsubtle gender commentary yet?

We can never go back. I'm sorry.

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

TheBizzness posted:

I’m pretty sure they were referencing actual tactics from the Trump book.

I’m not certain of it, however.

They definitely haven't read the book (or any book) and are just acting like what they think it says.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.

WrightOfWay posted:

They definitely haven't read the book (or any book) and are just acting like what they think it says.

A fair point I should have considered.

Lichtenstein
May 31, 2012

It'll make sense, eventually.
I'm not quite sure I like the heavy meta direction of this season. It's cool in principle, but this utter lack of effort to keep in in-character is really jarring.

Also I am quite disappointed how quickly the ayahuasca gag got cut off. It clearly should have been few minutes of completely over the top Aristocrats smearing poo poo all over the plane as Artemis rejoices in her plan.

phosdex
Dec 16, 2005

There were a lot of women wearing cat/animal ear hats and they seemed to randomly have them in one scene and then not have them in others. Was waiting for something about that but maybe it got cut.

hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012

phosdex posted:

There were a lot of women wearing cat/animal ear hats and they seemed to randomly have them in one scene and then not have them in others. Was waiting for something about that but maybe it got cut.

Those were "pussy hats"

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

this show went waaaay downhill as soon as devito joined

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Ratjaculation posted:

this show went waaaay downhill as soon as devito joined

Lmao this is like a nuke

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
The show was only good during the unaired pilot with the original Dee. No wait, it went downhill after that 90s commercial with Mac, original Dee, and the lawyer.

rawillkill
Aug 15, 2009

Emma Watson is what runs trivia teams.

Cojawfee posted:

The show was only good during the unaired pilot with the original Dee. No wait, it went downhill after that 90s commercial with Mac, original Dee, and the lawyer.

the show has been bad since this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hIs5BYWt_SM

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

SweetMercifulCrap! posted:

Yeah, Artemis's constant meta explaining made the (already kind of forced) concept feel even more forced. This show works best when everything feels organic no matter how crazy and outlandish it actually is.

It was still an okay episode, though.

It’s worth it for the payoff at the end where she triumphantly takes control of the narrative by making everyone puke and poo poo themselves

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

General Dog posted:

It’s worth it for the payoff at the end where she triumphantly takes control of the narrative by making everyone puke and poo poo themselves

Indeed, she even foreshadowed this happening at the beginning when she said they should be doing gross out humor instead.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Time's Up for Cricket!

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

Or you can see me at The Riviera. Tuesday nights.
Pillowfights with Dominican mothers.
"Hey, Larry? How fast can you get down to the Hyatt? My dong slipped out."

I think that was the line anyway. Pretty funny episode this week, and I always appreciate a Dennis presentation/monologue.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Holy poo poo, Dennis. "Would a woman really text that? Their phones did."

Super Deuce
May 25, 2006
TOILETS
Oh, I like the smell of my own dumps.
Hey some guy who used to steal my easy cheese when I was a kid was in this episode. Neat. But it wasn’t a very good episode.

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Times up times up times up times up! :deetrain:

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

Okay, this one was hilarious, and I've been down on the episodes so far this season. I just loving died when out of nowhere Mac just grabs Dee by the crotch and lifts her two feet off the ground screaming "I GOT YOUR oval office"

D-Pad
Jun 28, 2006

Phenotype posted:

Okay, this one was hilarious, and I've been down on the episodes so far this season. I just loving died when out of nowhere Mac just grabs Dee by the crotch and lifts her two feet off the ground screaming "I GOT YOUR oval office"

Mack picking Dee up out of nowhere like that is one of my favorite Always Sunny moments now.

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

Glenn Howerton is an incredible and somewhat terrifying actor.

Sikreci
Mar 23, 2006

This is gonna be a weird season to revisit. The old seasons aged pretty well for the most part, but it's gonna be strange to watch these in 10 years or so when "time's up", #metoo, "soyboy beta cuck", etc. are words that have long since been forgotten.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

It's funny after making just a few oblique references to Trump in S12 they've now decided the gang would absolutely be chuds who'd think he's a political genius

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

multijoe posted:

It's funny after making just a few oblique references to Trump in S12 they've now decided the gang would absolutely be chuds who'd think he's a political genius

except Charlie who understands him to be a literal genie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
This episode is way better after the kavanaugh hearing