Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Fields of glory shine eternal

Username checks out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gorman Thomas
Jul 24, 2007
It's incredible how obscene the Lowe is in 100m+ hull down positions. Pubbies will throw endless amounts of useless ap and heat rounds into that dumb turret while you snapshot them with superior gun handling.

Had a string of 3 Ace Tankers in 5 matches last night while averaging 3.5k average damage and 2k+ blocking over the session.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Gorman Thomas posted:

It's incredible how obscene the Lowe is in 100m+ hull down positions. Pubbies will throw endless amounts of useless ap and heat rounds into that dumb turret while you snapshot them with superior gun handling.

Had a string of 3 Ace Tankers in 5 matches last night while averaging 3.5k average damage and 2k+ blocking over the session.

But you can Pen the lowe in the turret with heat????? Literally just have to shoot just to the side of the gun mantlet.

Wait I just read your first line again. Never mind.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Really liking the T25 AT, but utterly loathing the T25/2.

But I'm loathing these loving pubbies more.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

ZogrimAteMyHamster posted:

Really liking the T25 AT, but utterly loathing the T25/2.

But I'm loathing these loving pubbies more.

Treat the t25/2 like an armorless tier 7 pershing.

Turmoilx
Nov 24, 2015

I possibly could of done something more effective with this money but I'm not sure.
im not going hard trying to be the first to complete the rest of these missions like i did the first set im blown out for now

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

The AMX 30B either needs a better gun or less fuel tanks my god.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012
So remember that rare tank that was hinted at in the sept preview?
It is the pz 4 hydrostat. Tied to a $100 bundle that includes the tank, garage slot, and.. 10mil credits.

https://worldoftanks.com/en/news/announcements/hydrostat-x3-xp-weekend-92118/

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

JuffoWup posted:

It is the pz 4 hydrostat. Tied to a $100 bundle that includes the tank, garage slot, and.. 10mil credits.

$111.20
YOU PAY
$99.99
(10% Off)
BUY NOW

:laffo:

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

wg have offered some lovely loving deals before, but this one takes the cake

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal

JuffoWup posted:

It actually does ok on hills too, good gun depression and the gun mantlet is pretty solid and trolly.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

BadLlama posted:

The AMX 30B either needs a better gun or less fuel tanks my god.

Yeah it makes me sad. The AMX 30 was/is so nice. The T10 is and always was a wet fart.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

JuffoWup posted:

Barry posted:

It actually does ok on hills too, good gun depression and the gun mantlet is pretty solid and trolly.

I keep getting poo poo maps like Ensk or Westfield (how I hate Westfield), and am near-invariably up against Tier IX in any case where the mantlet won't do poo poo even if I can get into a half-decent hulldown position. Seriously, I'm having the absolute worst map/MM combinations and am now sitting at a laughable 37%WR with the T25/2 after 71 battles (compared to 59% after 71 battles with the T25 AT). Sure I get a Top Gun (thanks Prokhorovka!) here and there and do my bit, okay, but it can only do so much in these constantly lovely situations. I want to like it, but the game's just doing everything possible to make it as miserable as possible.

Doesn't help that nobody's really that scared of closing in on it either in the late game. "Unarmoured TD that can't run or hide! Rush him!"

Turmoilx
Nov 24, 2015

I possibly could of done something more effective with this money but I'm not sure.

JuffoWup posted:

i knew it would be hydro stat..they just think that thing is so rare and special.. its already in the tech tree!

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Mesadoram posted:

Yeah it makes me sad. The AMX 30 was/is so nice. The T10 is and always was a wet fart.

Tier 9 is god tier.

Turmoilx
Nov 24, 2015

THE CONWAY IS REAL GOOD WITH THE 140MM barrel upgrade

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

Turmoilx posted:

THE CONWAY IS REAL GOOD WITH THE 140MM barrel upgrade

IT'S CERTAINLY VIABLE WITH THE 120MM too, so at least it's got a painless grind. What ammo mix are you using? Mostly HESH, or like 50/50 with AP?

Turmoilx
Nov 24, 2015

hesh i found too unreliable i carry 5 just as a HE round and big gun is only 500 DPM less than the other one and i kept missing with the small one too much so bigger gun =bigger dpm because when it hits it hits big is my logic , 260AP pen for 600 damage is sweet with a 12.1s reload, BIA at 95% so will be even better soon

7 more days left of the discount/free brit heavy and im already bit over 80% mission this is going smoothly

Turmoilx fucked around with this message at 00:31 on Sep 22, 2018

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Turmoilx posted:

i knew it would be hydro stat..they just think that thing is so rare and special.. its already in the tech tree!

What. I mean sure if you use imagination it is, but not really.

Not that the price tage justifies the actual tank & what it's capable of.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Put a bond rammer and bond vents and a 5 skill crew in my Object 430u.... lol

Can you run food in this thing or are there frontal fuel tanks?

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Gorman Thomas posted:

Sounds like rolling past M4s and t-34s throwing HE at my O-Ni. "Don't worry guys, I'll be back for you once I deal with the people that are actual threats"

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Turmoilx posted:

hesh i found too unreliable i carry 5 just as a HE round and big gun is only 500 DPM less than the other one and i kept missing with the small one too much so bigger gun =bigger dpm because when it hits it hits big is my logic , 260AP pen for 600 damage is sweet with a 12.1s reload, BIA at 95% so will be even better soon

7 more days left of the discount/free brit heavy and im already bit over 80% mission this is going smoothly

I'm still only at 60% but I'm almost at 70 and watching German American football while drinking heavily this weekend. I figure I can make 80% happen with some casual 13 57 play during the week, but hell, I'll probably take a 0 skill bia heavy crew and the tank anyway

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Just got the Pershing. I find the T20 worth keeping so I'm hosed for a crew right now, but the T25/2 band will more than likely end up at the controls for this thing.

Stock grind looks hilariously loving horrible.

2Jets
Apr 25, 2010

You're gonna get no tip
The *pershing is garbo. Good luck with your grind. I had to run the thing with all gold ammo. Looking at it's wr curve I think it was justified.

*autocorrects to perishing

2Jets fucked around with this message at 04:42 on Sep 23, 2018

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

2Jets posted:

perishing
Beautiful. I don't care if this was intentional or not. It sums the tank up. Top config and still only 190 base pen with 3/5/7 poo poo-tier being the standard.

Perishing indeed.

Turmoilx
Nov 24, 2015

i made with through 7 minutes and 11 seconds of QBs whining video BEAT THAT i couldnt take more "im casual i cant do these missions i also suck at playing for more than 1 objective"

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

One day I hope to be on QB's team while he's streaming just so I can throw myself into a lake/off a bridge and sabotage his smug nonsense.

Turmoilx
Nov 24, 2015

that's another reason i wish i had started on eu

1 day later finally noticed my incorrect letter, i fixed it

Turmoilx fucked around with this message at 22:27 on Sep 23, 2018

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

2Jets posted:

The *pershing is garbo. Good luck with your grind. I had to run the thing with all gold ammo. Looking at it's wr curve I think it was justified.

*autocorrects to perishing

While the gun is a bit of a crapshoot the tank itself is really good. At least I liked it. Really great at snap shots and shooting on the move with a drat fast aim time.

Turmoilx posted:

whats another reason i wish i had started on eu

I contemplate restarting on EU and then I look at the amount of tanks I have and the amount of timemoney I spent and welp....

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

BadLlama posted:

Put a bond rammer and bond vents and a 5 skill crew in my Object 430u.... lol

Can you run food in this thing or are there frontal fuel tanks?

I don't think I've ever been set on fire in mine but guaranteed the second you run food you will be. I get a damaged ammo rack fairly often though.

Also are you on NA or EU because a platoon of 430u's would be hilariously awful.

But more importantly, I had 10 games IN A ROW with 0 artillery yesterday. The benefit of this Caernarvon AX mission is you need to play tanks that get XP quickly so people are abandoning arty right now.

And then 2 games in a row of this:

serious gaylord fucked around with this message at 18:22 on Sep 23, 2018

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
well I mean i think this is better?

I'm going to stop playing for a bit now.

serious gaylord fucked around with this message at 19:03 on Sep 23, 2018

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
"You're not playing aggressive enough" they told me.

"Playing too aggressive got you all killed on the hill, faceplanted into enemy guns where you can't even shoot back" I said.

"Uninstall retard/coward" they said in return.

MariusLecter fucked around with this message at 19:51 on Sep 23, 2018

Foxtrot_13
Oct 31, 2013
Ask me about my love of genocide denial!
The problem with the Pershing is that it does not do anything well, it is thoroughly mediocre while never being very bad. In every situation you want to be in another tank. Ridge line? Cent. Brawling? T44. Long range? Panther etc etc.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

Foxtrot_13 posted:

The problem with the Pershing is that it does not do anything well, it is thoroughly mediocre while never being very bad. In every situation you want to be in another tank. Ridge line? Cent. Brawling? T44. Long range? Panther etc etc.

Honestly, if I want long range, the wedge tanks can't be beat. That camo.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Foxtrot_13 posted:

The problem with the Pershing is that it does not do anything well, it is thoroughly mediocre while never being very bad. In every situation you want to be in another tank. Ridge line? T-44. Brawling? T-44. Long range? T-44. etc etc.

Fixt.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Foxtrot_13 posted:

T-44 T-44 T-44 T-44 T-44 T-44 T-44 T-44 T-44 T-44 T-44 T-44 T-44 , T-44 T-44 T-44 T-44 T-44 T-44 T-44 T-44 T-44. T-44 T-44 T-44 T-44 T-44 T-44 T-44 T-44 T-44 T-44. T-44 T-44 ? T-44. T-44? T44. T-44? T-44 T-44 T-44.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011
i started playing this and i'm pretty sure playing spgs is just griefing

Aesis
Oct 9, 2012
Filthy J4G
So which tanks are recommended grind now that I'm back for game after 5 years?

I researched up to Maus, E-100, E-50M, GW Tiger, Jagdtiger, VK4502P, AMX 50B, Bat-Chat 25 t, T110E5, T30, T-44 and SU-101. I have T34, Type 59, Strv S1, Panther 8.8, Panther/M10 and E-25 for premium tanks, although I've been playing Strv S1 and Type 59 exclusively as I enjoy them the most.

Currently I'm looking for fast and sneaky mediums like Type 59 but with better gun, or agile heavies like T110E5 but with smaller hatch (maybe Caernarvon Action X? Have 40% off atm). I've been using Panther 8.8 for crew skill grind but having lack of camouflage, penetration and armor is biting on me real hard. I've been also thinking about starting with T-44 again but decided to wait until I can get 4 female crews as I don't have any USSR crews (don't know where they went).

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

Cease to Hope posted:

i started playing this and i'm pretty sure playing spgs is just griefing

ah, a quick learner

try this one on next: all tanks are for griefing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

Prav posted:

ah, a quick learner

try this one on next: all tanks are for griefing

yeah but other tanks can't annoy people constantly while contributing basically nothing and stealing kills as easily