Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!

En Garde Motherfuckers posted:

Even if you go in with perfect foreknowledge and want to get cute with force-attacking dudes/intentionally botching your role in the events, there's nothing you can do.

This one always bothered me since iirc it always overrides the usual ending slides for the effected settlements, and your only real option to prevent that from happening is to just leave the quest unresolved
In Tikawara, the contact she was meant to meet seemed to have made everyone angry, and they attacked and killed him. I got in a fight but I can't remember if I was trying to protect him. If so, I failed! As I recall, the contact in Port Maje is being spied on, so maybe you can help the spy?

jerman999 posted:

I'm thinking about replaying now that some DLC has come out. Has performance improved since launch? My frames way dropped in Neketaka on a 750ti.
I haven't noticed any significant Improvement in performance, but I'm on a lower end machine. Depending on when you stopped playing previously, you may find more graphics options now that could be useful

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

En Garde Motherfuckers
Apr 29, 2009

Hey. Is it just me, or do my balls itch?

2house2fly posted:

In Tikawara, the contact she was meant to meet seemed to have made everyone angry, and they attacked and killed him. I got in a fight but I can't remember if I was trying to protect him. If so, I failed! As I recall, the contact in Port Maje is being spied on, so maybe you can help the spy?

You can screw up both steps intentionally through a few ways iirc, but you need to send Maia on her solo mission to finish it off and the ending slides only check for that step before changing to the "whoops you witlessly assisted in these assassinations" states. I don't know if it ever got confirmed as a bug or fixed.

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!
I got the normal ending for Tikawara, maybe it was a bug and they fixed it by the time I got to the end

DoctorTristan
Mar 11, 2006

I would look up into your lifeless eyes and wave, like this. Can you and your associates arrange that for me, Mr. Morden?

jerman999 posted:

I'm thinking about replaying now that some DLC has come out. Has performance improved since launch? My frames way dropped in Neketaka on a 750ti.

YMMV, but you can improve performance noticeably by overriding certain AA settings in Nvidia Control Panel (not in the game itself). There’s a post about the exact steps on the official forums.

Neketaka is still pretty bad on my 1080 though.

Anno
May 10, 2017

I'm going to drown! For no reason at all!

https://twitter.com/WorldofEternity/status/1042577928553283584

New blessings/challenges, new ranger abilities, a big spider, a kill cam? Also bug fixes and some other stuff.

DrPop
Aug 22, 2004

I found a bug report detailing the Fruitful Alliance/Cruel Cargo issue:

https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/98415-a-fruitful-alliance-quest-progression-blocking-bug/

Known since May, no resolution. Tight.

Bold Robot
Jan 6, 2009

Be brave.

Captain Scandinaiva posted:

One thing that really irritated me, that the first game also did a couple of times, is present you with lots of answers to a question that you, or the PC, don't have enough information about but it is presented as some sort of moral judgement. Who gets to rule The Deadfire, that's a good dilemma. You get to interact a lot with the factions and can see their benefits and drawbacks. Is destroying The Wheel, Eothas' mission a good idea? I have no idea, I don't know what happens after that, but like 9 out of 10 answers my character can give are very strong opinions for or against and I'm forced to make a decision. It's like its meant to give a good opportunity to role play, but 9 of 10 answers is for role playing a person who likes to talk out of their rear end.

Yeah this bugged me too. Even having beaten the game once I still wouldn't say I have an awesome grasp on whether destroying the Wheel was a good idea or not, so I didn't like that the dialog choices seemed to be pushing me to have a strong opinion on it.

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

We have no concrete idea what breaking the wheel will even do specifically so it's impossible to have any interesting moral decision there. Even if you question Eothas about whether it'll be some huge disaster he immediately undercuts it by assuring us that animancy is ready to build something better anyway, in which case, again, who loving cares.

It's a disastrous end to the game.

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

The megaboss is INSANE. I only play on Veteran but I couldn't land a hit on that thing and you have to kill it quick because it has an ability that can permakill party members. Four more of these things :stare:

Ratios and Tendency posted:

We have no concrete idea what breaking the wheel will even do specifically so it's impossible to have any interesting moral decision there. Even if you question Eothas about whether it'll be some huge disaster he immediately undercuts it by assuring us that animancy is ready to build something better anyway, in which case, again, who loving cares.

It's not made sufficiently clear, but the idea is that mortals need the Wheel because it powers the cycle of reincarnation, and the gods need it because it "feeds" them souls; breaking the Wheel breaks the afterlife, dooming gods and mortals alike, meaning gods and mortals will need to work together to fix it. This will (Eothas hopes) change the nature of their relationship from one based on lies and power to one based on trust and co-operation. Biggest rebirth and new dawn in history!

2house2fly fucked around with this message at 04:20 on Sep 20, 2018

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you

Ratios and Tendency posted:

I guess? Like, to each their own but (endgame) I like that an ending not only expects the player to put some pieces together, the player doesn't get a shockingly accurate prophecy of the future world state. We don't know what the exact results will be, so a decision without all the facts feels a bit truer to how things happen in reality. We make the best decision we can at the time, and then we deal with the consequences (whether they're foreseen or not). The closest to prediction is the fates of the companions and the Deadfire, which I think makes sense - that stuff is more short term or mutable.

Anyway, I don't think these come out of left field, since the game has a pattern of unforeseen (but not logically inconsistent) consequences. And again, to each their own but I was interested in the world at the end a lot more than I was right after PoE1 (which I feel ends well but Deadfire's ending is a HOLY poo poo this is more than a specific corner of the world type deal).

Bold Robot
Jan 6, 2009

Be brave.

2house2fly posted:

It's not made sufficiently clear, but the idea is that mortals need the Wheel because it powers the cycle of reincarnation, and the gods need it because it "feeds" them souls; breaking the Wheel breaks the afterlife, dooming gods and mortals alike, meaning gods and mortals will need to work together to fix it. This will (Eothas hopes) change the nature of their relationship from one based on lies and power to one based on trust and co-operation. Biggest rebirth and new dawn in history!

I get the concept but there's so little player agency involved that it makes it hard to get too excited about it. The Eothas plot would play out basically the same if the player never got involved in it at all. Sure the stakes are high but it doesn't work super well as a game.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

quote:

New Berath's Blessings - New Berath's Blessings have been added into the game:
Loaded Pockets - NPC pockets are filled with more and rarer items.
Legendary Crew - 3 Veteran Sailors become available in the Kraken's Eye tavern, they are better than normal and cheaper than normal.
Discount Craftsman - Crafting and enchanting costs are reduced.
Mythical Discovery - Start with a Mythical Adra Stone in the prologue armoire (free upgrade from Legendary → Mythic Quality)
New Ranger Abilities - There are now 5 new Ranger abilities added to the game:
Hunter's Claw - (2 Bond) Full Attack, The first target hit with this grants +1 Accuracy vs the target's Race until Rest. Subsequent hits against the same race will increase stacks (up to +20). Resting clears all stacks and allows a different race to be chosen.

The crew members seem useless because you can skip all fights by just charging your ship through cannon ranges. And its not hard to get high lvl crew members doing this.
Discount craftsman and Mythical discovery sound amazing.

Hunter full attack sounds sweet. 2 bond would limit it's use as a multi class though.

I killed 60 spider adds during the spider boss before I lose party members but I'm not sure if I should be killing the small spiders. The hives take forever to kill. Nope I think you gotta survive and kill a poo poo ton of spiders before you can kill the boss.

I was able to kill 110 spiders lowering the bosses deflection to something my guys could actually hit. Losing the monk in the process because the paladin ran out of hp to tank with. The rogue gambited the boss down to 75% hp and then it consumed the rogue. And then the attempt failed. I think the rogue could handle the boss if I could get to that point without losing the tank.

These attempts were all made with forgetful night on for 20% damage reduction too.

I got it to 50% using shark soup to be immune to paralyze.

Tenzarin fucked around with this message at 08:39 on Sep 20, 2018

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

Bold Robot posted:

I get the concept but there's so little player agency involved that it makes it hard to get too excited about it. The Eothas plot would play out basically the same if the player never got involved in it at all. Sure the stakes are high but it doesn't work super well as a game.

It helps to think of Eothas as an impending natural disaster rather than a person with a goal. Or maybe as the Second Battle Of Hoover Dam from New Vegas. You can influence the outcome but you can't prevent the battle itself from happening

That Dang Dad
Apr 23, 2003

Well I am
over-fucking-whelmed...
Young Orc
Yeah I kinda like the lack of player agency in this cosmic game of gods and reincarnation. As a human, I can negotiate peace between feuding houses and warring tribes, but gods gonna god.

Anno
May 10, 2017

I'm going to drown! For no reason at all!

Yeah I don’t feel any real lack of agency. Big Things need to happen to drive forward the world and the story. Having a good amount of agency over guiding the outcome from there is more than enough imo.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
So there's no way to know when to do a quest with level scaling on, right? I tried to do the Sepulcher quest, and it said I was the right level for it, but everything in there was three red skulls so I had to back out.

I guess level scaling screws up the quest difficulty rating? I'll just have to be careful and reload if I accidentally wander into a tougher than expected area I guess.

Bold Robot
Jan 6, 2009

Be brave.

Ginette Reno posted:

So there's no way to know when to do a quest with level scaling on, right? I tried to do the Sepulcher quest, and it said I was the right level for it, but everything in there was three red skulls so I had to back out.

I guess level scaling screws up the quest difficulty rating? I'll just have to be careful and reload if I accidentally wander into a tougher than expected area I guess.

That quest in particular has really weird scaling that makes it extremely difficult. Also a lot of the monsters are slash immune, but the difficulty is wonky even aside from that. Just turn off scaling and do whatever you can to make that quest easier, and then turn scaling back on for the rest of the game. I kept scaling on (only upwards) the entire time and that one quest is the only time I had any problems.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Ginette Reno posted:

That quest got boosted alittle a patch ago. You can go in there through the door at lvl 8 kill the first guard for the superb breastplate but then you should leave and come back in a few levels because that place is kinda tougher now.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Tenzarin posted:

That quest got boosted alittle a patch ago. You can go in there through the door at lvl 8 kill the first guard for the superb breastplate but then you should leave and come back in a few levels because that place is kinda tougher now.

Yeah there was one room with like ten red skull enemies. Even my Herald couldn't tank all of that.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
So close!

I think I just gotta push it sooner. I highly suspect you can do some very handy int/resolve afflictions to this boss when it starts going ape poo poo.

I beat it after alot of attempts! I spoilered it for those who want to see it fresh.

You really need shark soup to make yourself immune to paralyze or your tank will take a ton of extra dmg.
This is the first time I ever used the paladin ability sworn enemy also because it lasts until it dies and the fight is so long.
It's pretty weak to paralyze itself and other afflictions once you kill enough spider babies to lower it's defensives.
Tank keeping him in the corner of the map and away from the monk so he doesn't teleport to him and get stuck.

I kept the rogue extra far away until I killed enough spiders because I knew he was gonna be the key at doing the dmg to the boss fast enough to drop it.

This is just showing how I used the monk at the end to keep a majority of adds off the group and keep the stacking debuff going. Whispers of the wind is pretty amazing at killing a large amount of weak targets. The monk is very bad at tanking the boss also because of the 50%(65% with the cloak from nemnok) extra dmg taken.

Rogue blinding strike is also pretty amazing on the boss if your rogue has enough int to make it last a decent amount of time.
My rogue has no int so I relied on the chanter ability ...And Their Fear Followed Them into Foothills because it paralyzes the target and then frightens them stopping them from using any abilities.

Drops some item that may have some use and an upgrade stone to mythical.

Had to switch the skald to a ranged weapon so he wouldn't try to run into the boss and get hit.
With enough stacks from killing the baby spider lowers the deflection of the boss so the rogue could basically spam gambit forever on it.
Paladin has pretty good heals and can stay alive for along time.
Priest was decent at keeping the paladin up.
Buffs that stack in combat and amazing at this fight because it goes on so long, rogue had 20% of action speed from Modwyr for most of the fight.

Tenzarin fucked around with this message at 08:21 on Sep 21, 2018

SYSV Fanfic
Sep 9, 2003

by Pragmatica
Just finished The White March part 1 on PoTD at level 11. Was the last encounter intended to be done at 14?

Eye of the adragon on the three fragments, take advantage of petrification debuffs to pummel them to death within the first couple of rounds. Forge Guardians were a bit touch and go, but wound up unloading with all raw damage abilities in my party and knocked enough of them out fast to finish the fight. Used two resurrection scrolls and two paralyze scrolls, as well as every per rest ability in my entire party.

SYSV Fanfic fucked around with this message at 08:34 on Sep 22, 2018

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Hey Ropekid, is Ancestor's Memory and Salvation of Time going to be nerfed? If they arn't I think I am really going to start liking multiclassing. I dont want to take credit for this because I found it on the PoE2 forums where they were talking about boss strats. I think these abilities are completely fair and balanced and I would like to highlight that here!

I do not know if it has been posted here yet but, Ancestor's Memory is a cipher spell that gives a party member Brilliant (+5 Intellect, +1 Power Level, periodically regain class resources) and Salvation of Time is a priest spell that is a friendly Aoe that gives +10 sec Duration of beneficial effects.

This battle is very hard, so I will start the fight off with buffing everyone with Triumph of Crusaders for some self healing.

And then my cipher will buff my priest with Ancestor's Memory, so he can start regening class resources.

And because I don't want to lose the cipher buff, the priest will now cast Salvation of Time on everyone increasing the time their buffs will remain on them.

My priest needs some more self buffs, so I'm going to throw in Minor Avatar.

This is getting really hairy now, I'm going to move my guys away from this huge spider.

Ok, I moved my guys over to a safer area, lets check out my rogues buffs.

He has way to many buffs to look at because I was buffing while moving lets check out his character sheet real quick.

Ok, this is looking very good because now he has every chanter phrase( I respec'd my chanter so he could sing every single friendly AoE phrase), all the buffs from my priest, greater lay on hands from my paladin, he can never die from Baring Death's Door, and he regens 1 class resource every 3s. Also everyone in the party has all these buffs. My party is now ready to fight the megaboss!

Tenzarin fucked around with this message at 14:01 on Sep 22, 2018

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011
Yeah it came up here, with an even more ridiculous inclusion that just "every buff ever": Ascendance is a buff, so once your cipher hits max focus, they effectively have permanent Ascendance as well, meaning a permanent power buff and permanent free cipher powers.

DrPop
Aug 22, 2004

I finished the game last night. Probably about 40 hours total to get through on Classic. Sided with the Huana because screw colonialism, I guess.

I really enjoyed it. I think that pretty much all of the mechanics were great and that they were all solid improvements upon PoE1.

I have mixed feelings about ship combat. I thought it was entertaining and a fun abstraction leading into encounters with enemy ships, but I do think that it was a bit shallow for many of the reasons other folks put forward. There really isn't a better "tactic" than Jibein' and Firing and then boarding when you see fit. Nonetheless, I enjoyed using that to soften up my targets before moving in. I also liked how the Rathun were always fast and always boarding; that was a welcome reprieve from slightly more repetitive combat. The first time I ran into one of their ships that surprised me. I really wanted to try using the Magranite Flamethrower things, but they didn't really seem to offer much more than the standard cannons. Do they have unique behavior?

Regarding the story, I really liked it. I found PoE1 to be pretty immersive and the lore engaging, so it was really cool to see the world-changing events take place. I also thought that the lack of "agency" in the end beyond telling Eothas what to do with the aftermath was pretty satisfying. I also really liked the small bit about the giant skeletons in the 11 alcoves of the Wheel "machine"--one of each for the gods, and all but three of which still had skeletons. Presumably one of the missing bodies belongs to Abydon, whose skeleton you see in the Abbey of the Fallen Moon in White March. Perhaps the other two are set-ups for further content.

The Beast of Winter was very cool (heh). I think Rymrgand is one of the more interesting deities in the setting.

Some of the bugs are frustrating. Particularly, I was disappointed I couldn't resolve Fruitful Alliance the way I wanted to due to bugs. Additionally, the end boss of the Guardian was totally absent for me, due to my choice to free the sea dragon. Story-wise, I thought it was okay because he saved my butt against him on the approach, but it was still a bummer that I didn't get to fight anyone besides Furrante at the end.

All in all, I thought it was an excellent game with a good story and solid mechanics, despite the bugs. Looking forward to another playthrough and more expansions and hopefully more full games in the setting down the road. I'd happily back a Pillars 3.

DrPop fucked around with this message at 20:49 on Sep 23, 2018

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

DrPop posted:

I really wanted to try using the Magranite Flamethrower things, but they didn't really seem to offer much more than the standard cannons. Do they have unique behavior?
I don't think so. Just normal cannon damage with an absurdly short reload time.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound
Higher chance to start deck fires.

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Give me double bronzers or give me death. :black101:

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009
Finally beat the first mega boss on my 5th attempt on veteran difficulty! Hell of a fight, had me sailing all over the world on a quest for aged shark meat.

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

DrPop posted:

Some of the bugs are frustrating. Particularly, I was disappointed I couldn't resolve Fruitful Alliance the way I wanted to due to bugs. Additionally, the end boss of the Guardian was totally absent for me, due to my choice to free the sea dragon. Story-wise, I thought it was okay because he saved my butt against him on the approach, but it was still a bummer that I didn't get to fight anyone besides Furrante at the end.

I saw someone on reddit theorise that not being able to fight the Guardian if you freed the dragon is by design, but that doesn't really make any sense because the Guardian fight is preceded by a big conversation with the thing which is the only lore you really get for Ukaizo. It would make sense if it was one or the other- if players who fought earlier got a fight now while people who talked it through earlier get a conversation now, but tying both to the same thing would be weird

SoldadoDeTone
Apr 20, 2006

Hold on tight!
I'm planning my character for the next play through when the DLC launches, and I'm currently trying to choose between a morningstar brute (berserker/devoted) and a spellblade (evoker/assassin). Has anyone tried either of those? How did it go?

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009

SoldadoDeTone posted:

I'm planning my character for the next play through when the DLC launches, and I'm currently trying to choose between a morningstar brute (berserker/devoted) and a spellblade (evoker/assassin). Has anyone tried either of those? How did it go?

I built Aloth as a wizard/rogue and he was great DPS, especially with the spear Stalker's Patience. Standard buffs of Infuse with Vital Essence, Fleet Feet, Displaced Image, and Ironskin before bringing down flanked enemies and back liners with Escape, Sap, Persistent Distraction and Deathblows.

I assume you could play an evoker/assassin similarly to that, but you also have the added option to use shadowing beyond to get behind the entire enemy line and backstab them all with a Minoletta's Precisely Piercing Burst which is devastating.

SoldadoDeTone
Apr 20, 2006

Hold on tight!

AngryBooch posted:

I built Aloth as a wizard/rogue and he was great DPS, especially with the spear Stalker's Patience. Standard buffs of Infuse with Vital Essence, Fleet Feet, Displaced Image, and Ironskin before bringing down flanked enemies and back liners with Escape, Sap, Persistent Distraction and Deathblows.

I assume you could play an evoker/assassin similarly to that, but you also have the added option to use shadowing beyond to get behind the entire enemy line and backstab them all with a Minoletta's Precisely Piercing Burst which is devastating.

That's exactly my plan! I'm currently trying to decide between dual wielding battle axes so that I can use Magran's Favor or using quarterstaffs for Chromoprismatic. Leaning toward quarterstaff currently but not sure.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
so i just got this game because i liked poe1 and i have a couple mechanical questions

1) how hamstringed are you by multiclassing? i took cipher/ranger and i'm cool with my choice, but i worry about really late game encounters, which were scary poo poo in the first game seeing as how i almost lost my ironman run to the zombie dragons in the final area.

2) cipher + blunderbuss. is it as broken as it was in the first game, where your focus regen was multiplied per pellet that hits?

3) i'm getting some weird stuttering when new models load in, and long load times in general. but i have quite good hardware. is that just the game, or are there ways i can improve my performance?

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you

The White Dragon posted:

1) how hamstringed are you by multiclassing? i took cipher/ranger and i'm cool with my choice, but i worry about really late game encounters, which were scary poo poo in the first game seeing as how i almost lost my ironman run to the zombie dragons in the final area.

Most combos are viable. Some multiclass exceptionally well (Paladin, Fighter, Wizard), others not so well (Priest, Mage/Druid). This matters a lot more in PotD, a lot less so in Veteran and below.

quote:

2) cipher + blunderbuss. is it as broken as it was in the first game, where your focus regen was multiplied per pellet that hits?

Don't think so, not 100% sure since I haven't run Cipher too much in Deadfire.

quote:

3) i'm getting some weird stuttering when new models load in, and long load times in general. but i have quite good hardware. is that just the game, or are there ways i can improve my performance?

Ensure you're not running with a lot of save files. Having several is fine - having dozens can cause issues. Don't think PoE1 saves affect it but it might be worth archiving them. There's a Unity engine bug (not specific to PoE) where game saves increase load times. Outside of that, I think it's the usual stuff - adjust in-game settings (anti-aliasing, resolution, etc.), ensure VSync isn't on in both the video card control panel and the game.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Only had some lag with the beta patch. I don't have much lag problems with all my saves.

The White Dragon posted:

You can get the most out of ancestor's memory and salvation of time with multiclassing because of the unlimited class resources.

Bold Robot
Jan 6, 2009

Be brave.

2house2fly posted:

I saw someone on reddit theorise that not being able to fight the Guardian if you freed the dragon is by design, but that doesn't really make any sense because the Guardian fight is preceded by a big conversation with the thing which is the only lore you really get for Ukaizo. It would make sense if it was one or the other- if players who fought earlier got a fight now while people who talked it through earlier get a conversation now, but tying both to the same thing would be weird

I thought that if you freed the sea dragon it helps you out with the giant underwater beast that attacks you on the way to Ukaizo and then is like "we're even now, peace." Or was that a different dragon? If not and it's the same dragon, is it really intentional that if you help it, there is no way to have an end boss fight at all? That's ultra lame, at the very least you should be able to choose to have a fight. The lack of an end boss fight contributed a lot to the ending leaving a not-great taste in my mouth (although I did really like the game overall).

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

The White Dragon posted:

Depends but not generally. You can break the game that way if you want but it takes more work and planning than it did in the first game and is more situational (due to damage types, more stuff is pierce immune, so) (ropekid do not read the spoiler tags) Kitchen Stove blunderbuss with Thunderous Report enchant approximates the "alpha strike" feel of the first game's blundy

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

Bold Robot posted:

I thought that if you freed the sea dragon it helps you out with the giant underwater beast that attacks you on the way to Ukaizo and then is like "we're even now, peace." Or was that a different dragon? If not and it's the same dragon, is it really intentional that if you help it, there is no way to have an end boss fight at all? That's ultra lame, at the very least you should be able to choose to have a fight. The lack of an end boss fight contributed a lot to the ending leaving a not-great taste in my mouth (although I did really like the game overall).

That's just what someone on reddit said. The underwater beast the water dragon helps you with is definitely the Guardian of Ukaizo, but personally I believe the fight with the water dragon is meant to make the Guardian weaker, but not to make the fight vanish altogether. I assume having two possible states for the boss fight to start in is what causes the bug. As of 3.0 there are two Engwithan Titans that attack you, so you're at least fighting something :v:

Bold Robot
Jan 6, 2009

Be brave.

The pro move to build focus with cipher is open with the Kitchen Stove enchant and then swap to the Red Hand arquebus.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Morbid Hound

Bold Robot posted:

The pro move to build focus with cipher is open with the Kitchen Stove enchant and then swap to the Red Hand arquebus.

Red hand kinda blows after the most recent patch. I think now you want 1st weapon set kitchen stove + scordeo's, 1nd weapon set Eccea's / Gryphon's Blade with the bonus spell damage enchant (this is one reason I don't want to do another run till they've patched the "no random encounters" bug).

This might be a thread to ask since I don't see a general thread -- anyone playing the new Bard's Tale game? I've been pleasantly surprised by it, but it's got some major release stumble going on (no respec, bad loading times if not on SSD, etc.).