Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Knorth posted:

Alright then, give Bowser as Bowsette alternate costume. Same general size, same moves just as the strongest princess instead of the big lizard

https://twitter.com/kankan33333/status/1043941522922598400

loving badrear end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
Telltale in a nutshell:

https://twitter.com/conkface/status/1043852000566366208

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

No. 1 Callie Fan posted:

https://twitter.com/tom_nadja/status/1043292412372692992

Looks like everything is set for Puyo Puyo Esports arrival to Trumpland.

https://twitter.com/tom_nadja/status/1044051765048487937

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Shneak posted:

Dumbass question, but: can the Switch function entirely undocked/without a TV including setting it up from the box? And any particular games I should avoid playing in handheld mode?

The switch functions 100% the same portable far as using it and setup and all that. Apparently XB2 is crazy but most games run 98% the same between modes. If you never plan to use it on a TV you will be perfectly OK.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
I beat xenoblade 2 99% on handheld before all the patches and it was fine.

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

Is "O = yes, X = no" not a universally understood thing? I'm in the US and even as a kid who had just gotten a Playstation when it was new I remember thinking, "Wow this poo poo's backwards from other consoles, and there's an O printed right on the button and everything."

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

A FUCKIN CANARY!! posted:

Is "O = yes, X = no" not a universally understood thing? I'm in the US and even as a kid who had just gotten a Playstation when it was new I remember thinking, "Wow this poo poo's backwards from other consoles, and there's an O printed right on the button and everything."
A lot of SNES games used the B button for confirmation, which is where the X button is on the PS controller, so there's at least some logic behind the change in the form of maintaining muscle memory from older platforms. (You'll notice Xbox controllers have the A button in the same place)

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Kly posted:

Came down stairs this morning to my 4 year old gettin mad at nes donkey kong and yelling about how he doesnt know how to pick a new game

You told them to git gud with a belt like a proper parent right?

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

I'm not a doctor, but that had to hurt.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

Says man who was probably excited for Ridley in Smash

Ridley is an actual Nintendo character. Bowsette is some creepy fanart that spawned from creepy official art.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

The Bowsette fanart sucks but I hope it maybe inspires Nintendo to go ahead with the Wapeach idea they considered way back for Mario Tennis 64.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

SeANMcBAY posted:

The Bowsette fanart sucks but I hope it maybe inspires Nintendo to go ahead with the Wapeach idea they considered way back for Mario Tennis 64.
https://twitter.com/MarioBrothBlog/status/904434970642526208

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

SeANMcBAY posted:

Your wish is already granted

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

TaurusOxford posted:

Ridley is an actual Nintendo character. Bowsette is some creepy fanart that spawned from creepy official art.
what I don't get is why people are calling drawings of Bowser as a anime Peach with big tiddies a "meme"

it's just horney fanart

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

i just like to think they represent something other than boring old monogamy

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Your Computer posted:

what I don't get is why people are calling drawings of Bowser as a anime Peach with big tiddies a "meme"

it's just horney fanart

"No, it's not JUST creepy fanart! I'll go down in internet history as one of the forefathers of a legendary meme, you'll see!" is how I imagine the people in question are justifying drawing this poo poo.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Technically, based on the naming of Peachette, the hybrid character being depicted should be called Peachser, not Bowsette.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

TaurusOxford posted:

"No, it's not JUST creepy fanart! I'll go down in internet history as one of the forefathers of a legendary meme, you'll see!" is how I imagine the people in question are justifying drawing this poo poo.

https://twitter.com/dril/status/134787490526658561?lang=en

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

TaurusOxford posted:

I think they just saw something they thought was neat on twitter and wanted to draw it, hth. it was the trending JP tag, including game industry staff and authors

RME
Feb 20, 2012

im appalled some artist would draw a horny

psylent
Nov 29, 2000

Pillbug
Haven't seen it mentioned in this thread, but Risk of Rain is out for Switch. It's a lot of fun if you like 2D rogue lite action. Some play throughs can result in you being an absolute destructive motherfucker, obliterating everything in your way. At other times you die quickly.

Highly recommend and it's worth your :10bux:

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Kurtofan posted:

where's yoshette
Took a minute

hail satan

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Lock this thread and every related thread for 24 hours or however long it takes the gently caress up weirdos who latch on to stupid poo poo like this and endlessly post about it move on to something new that's not Nintendo related. Thanks.

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

alf_pogs posted:

i just like to think they represent something other than boring old monogamy

Well that's why Wario hasn't noticed that Mona is totally into him.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

American McGay posted:

Lock this thread and every related thread for 24 hours or however long it takes the gently caress up weirdos who latch on to stupid poo poo like this and endlessly post about it move on to something new that's not Nintendo related. Thanks.

Excuse me bowser isn't nintendo related???

I think you gotta get outta here mister

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

TaurusOxford posted:

They know full well why they’re really drawing this poo poo

E: The reason is boners

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

This is the only good Tweet to exist.

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.

I said come in! posted:

This is the only good Tweet to exist.

https://twitter.com/dasharez0ne/status/1037731224398319616?s=21

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

TaurusOxford posted:

Most people I see just want to design cool humanoid versions of mario creatures as princesses which is like

Fine. Not everything is creepy or cringe or whatever bullshit gets flung around. If you don't like it or don't approve it's fine, just ride it out- it'll be dead in a few days at absolute most anyway :shrug:

(And no I'm not denying the horny/fetish artists existing, I just think it's stupid to label anyone inspired by a official power up creepy is insanely stupid)

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

if i was capable of drawing well i'd draw tits all day too

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy
They better put tripping back in Smash for Ultimate.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

A FUCKIN CANARY!! posted:

if i was capable of drawing well i'd draw tits all day too

pays well on patreon, too

Stan Taylor posted:

They better put tripping back in Smash for Ultimate.

hail satan

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/z_shinon/status/1044091245151301633

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Has Capcom said anything on their beat-em-up bundle?

Was debating on getting it on the switch or ps4 but I heard switch's online is beyond unplayable.

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

sorry folks, no horney allowed here. please cease and desist all horny from now on, thank you.

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?
https://twitter.com/dril/status/638936294937227264?s=21

night slime
May 14, 2014
They removed the Wii U Gamepad and the extended battery pack from the online Nintendo store. That kind of sucks. Does anyone know of a place to reliably buy either? I still use the gamepad for my TV and always wanted to replace my gamepad down the road since the left analog stick is kind of hosed.

Also I picked the gamepad up for the first time in a while and I think it feels better than the portable Switch. It feels lighter and the plastic is less rough. They should make it a Switch controller like the 3DS was for Wii U smash. One day...

night slime fucked around with this message at 09:18 on Sep 24, 2018

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
I’m assuming the real motivation behind making bowsette pictures is laughing at the reactions people give and hopefully making someone angry

I have to believe that.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
It's people having fun and a laugh about something dumb, a foreign concept within the serious political discussion of the Nintendo Switch thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
Either that or Nintendo secretly paid some fans to make bowsette so people would forget about all the bad Switch Online press

Yep, that’s it

• Locked thread