Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I really wish I could see alternative match-ups in this. Like police dude against Julius, the doctor against almost any other fighter, or Rihito against one of the other "weaker" fighters (while Rihito was never top-tier, I do think that he could have defeated some of the other tournament competitors; he did relatively easily get through preliminaries, after all, and he had super bad luck with his opponent).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Rihito Vs Cosmo would be the best match up

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Rihito would be hosed the second he entered the Zone. His lack of training means that he's a chump compared to the kind of monsters that participates on the matches.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
The Murobuchi Gozo vs the fang

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
Give Mockey a real match, I don't care with who. Maybe match him with the Ballet guy since both of them got robbed.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
Mockey vs Muteba in a no dq match

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Plutonis posted:

Rihito would be hosed the second he entered the Zone. His lack of training means that he's a chump compared to the kind of monsters that participates on the matches.

While mostly true Cosmo would struggle to strangle someone who could tear his skin while stuck in a hold

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

I'd agree that Rihito would be a surprisingly difficult match up for Cosmo because of his ripper.

Glad the next fight is just starting.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

https://mangadex.org/chapter/453036/1

I legit wonder what's the deal with Kenzo because I think he's not a real psychopath like his dad thought.

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
My immediate reaction to this chapter was to wonder if that was the Kure Clan there at the end of John Wick 2

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
Kazzy didn't call his son a psycho, just that he saw a monster inside his son at that time. And experimenting on small animals isn't a strong indicator of mental soundness. Also, Kenzo never contributed to the family despite living in the same house for 10 years, I want to know what his deal is too because he'll pay for a bunker, but not to get his over-worked and over-stressed father a proper retirement.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Lol if that's the fight over already

I Love Annie May
Oct 10, 2012
I loved the small talk between Kure clan members, it was really funny seeing people talking about their familes during an assassination mission.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
I guess they realized that these guys are pretty boring relative to the rest of the cast and gave us john wick 3 to sweeten the pot.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Jose posted:

Lol if that's the fight over already

The true fight is gonna be Kenzo Vs. The Kure Clan.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

tweet my meat posted:

I guess they realized that these guys are pretty boring relative to the rest of the cast and gave us john wick 3 to sweeten the pot.

Hah hah hah I get it.

Cause it deals with Kazzy's family and the Kure Clan.

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
The look on Raian’s face from the last few panels were fantastic

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004
Maan, whatever power Kazzy has is super cool. I'm guessing it's his innate ability to judge people, which includes their fighting abilities. His abilities are putting him in more of a mental wreck than usual, so many insane psychopathic fighters.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Suspicious Lump posted:

Maan, whatever power Kazzy has is super cool. I'm guessing it's his innate ability to judge people, which includes their fighting abilities. His abilities are putting him in more of a mental wreck than usual, so many insane psychopathic fighters.

I thought it was super subconscious reflexes? I mean it's how he figured out the slot machine easily and how he avoided Nikaido's poison dart.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

El Burbo posted:

I like how Kazzy is drawn normally proportioned in his two serious pages.

Hello burbo I didn't notice that on my phone until I looked again and it's really kinda hosed up how intense he looks.

I've never thought of The Skin Diver being drawn so intensely like the other fighters.

Yes Fighters. In those two panels he has more definition than any CEO or assistant. It owns hardcore

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

I R SMART LIKE ROCK posted:

The look on Raian’s face from the last few panels were fantastic

That's such a loving monster punch I actually expect it to be over

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
Have they said how big the Kure Clan is? I don't think I've ever seen an assassin family in fiction that has more than, like, nine members

Plutonis posted:

I thought it was super subconscious reflexes? I mean it's how he figured out the slot machine easily and how he avoided Nikaido's poison dart.

I keep expecting us to find out that Kazzy did something Really Weird and/or Important in his youth to explain stuff like that and why he was picked to be Ohma's handler

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Well he did manage to seduce that woman who was way out of his league in chapter 1.

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004

Plutonis posted:

It could be, it's my interpretation of Kazzy. We usually see commentary from him, then we see his viewpoint. In the fight between Fang vs Okubo he couldn't pick who the winner was going to be (or rather who was stronger), then when Fang "changes" he again comments on the transformation and essentially predicting the win. I took this to mean it's a conscious innate ability he has. He probably doesn't know he has it and like all super powers thinks everyone can see what he sees.

The other simple (more likely) explanation is that Kazzy is purposefully designed for the sake of audience, commenting for the sake of the audience etc. I guess in manga it's standard to "show" then "tell" and Kazzy serves this purpose really well. It's wishful thinking on my end to see Kazzy as more than just a narrator. I saga with his son is kinda pointing towards him being more.

Can't wait to see what happens!

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Suspicious Lump posted:

It could be, it's my interpretation of Kazzy. We usually see commentary from him, then we see his viewpoint. In the fight between Fang vs Okubo he couldn't pick who the winner was going to be (or rather who was stronger), then when Fang "changes" he again comments on the transformation and essentially predicting the win. I took this to mean it's a conscious innate ability he has. He probably doesn't know he has it and like all super powers thinks everyone can see what he sees.

The other simple (more likely) explanation is that Kazzy is purposefully designed for the sake of audience, commenting for the sake of the audience etc. I guess in manga it's standard to "show" then "tell" and Kazzy serves this purpose really well. It's wishful thinking on my end to see Kazzy as more than just a narrator. I saga with his son is kinda pointing towards him being more.

Can't wait to see what happens!

I feel like there have been enough hints and/or jokes about Kazzy's incredible perception to make it an actual plot hook and not just a convenience. I do like the read of it as him having these abilities, but not even realizing it because he's just a salaryman, so it just never comes up, and he has no self confidence, so he would never think he was good at anything.

And he's definitely gonna be the next Kengan Association Chairman. Even Metsudo has taken notice!

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Plutonis posted:

His fighter evaluation sense is skill but everything else is just luck.

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

Plutonis posted:

That's such a loving monster punch I actually expect it to be over

I wouldn’t even be mad if it was. Let’s be honest that smug gently caress deserves it

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Stairmaster posted:

Well he did manage to seduce that woman who was way out of his league in chapter 1.

Pretty sure that was a prostitute. Doesn't mean he didn't show her a good time as he was hopped up on that post-Ouma fight adrenaline. I half expect him to be having a third son in the future.

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004

Begemot posted:

I feel like there have been enough hints and/or jokes about Kazzy's incredible perception to make it an actual plot hook and not just a convenience. I do like the read of it as him having these abilities, but not even realizing it because he's just a salaryman, so it just never comes up, and he has no self confidence, so he would never think he was good at anything.

And he's definitely gonna be the next Kengan Association Chairman. Even Metsudo has taken notice!
I really hope there's a chapter dedicated to the rise of Kazzy retold in epic fashion, where he's protrayed as an extremely shrewd player, who manipulated Nogi Group into not only fronting the money for his legendary fighter Ohma but also sponsoring the tournament.

FYI there's a whole image section on dedicated to Yamashita "Kazzy The Raging Rook" Kazuo:
http://kenganashura.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Yamashita_Kazuo_(Images)

Suspicious Lump fucked around with this message at 06:46 on Sep 24, 2018

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

Suspicious Lump posted:

Guessing just like, really good instincts/intuition. He's kinda like Kaneda in that he has like, the mental traits that would have succeeded as a fighter but not the physical body for it. Probably could have used those traits to succeed in something else but lacking too much in self-confidence.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

https://mangadex.org/chapter/453443/1

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Hell fuckin' yeah.

Dang Raian's even more of a monster than I thought, even with Ohma's new power up he's still not doing much damage to him.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Super could not imagine this fight ending in one punch, considering that neither of them had even used their Devil Triggers from the last update.

Also, Google Chrome updated and now uBlock Origin has become too powerful. It's now blocking the pictures as well. Does anyone have any suggestions?

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
Try whitelisting the site that hosts the images?

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

RareAcumen posted:

Super could not imagine this fight ending in one punch, considering that neither of them had even used their Devil Triggers from the last update.

Also, Google Chrome updated and now uBlock Origin has become too powerful. It's now blocking the pictures as well. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Ohma is presumably still hosed up from last time based on the fact that his stomach was having an issue in the last panel

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Brought To You By posted:

Pretty sure that was a prostitute. Doesn't mean he didn't show her a good time as he was hopped up on that post-Ouma fight adrenaline. I half expect him to be having a third son in the future.

there's no way he had the money to afford a prostitute of that caliber.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

RareAcumen posted:

Try to check your whitelist? I'm usin' uBlock Origin as well and MangaDex works just fine.

Unless you're using KissManga. In which case 1) gently caress KissManga or 2) get Tampermonkey and the MangaLoader plugin for it.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Also it's hilarious that the entry team includes a dude in a wheelchair.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Hate-Senpai posted:

Also it's hilarious that the entry team includes a dude in a wheelchair.

Foreshadowing for how Cosmo's going to fight from a wheelchair in the third round.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

JosephWongKS posted:

Foreshadowing for how Cosmo's going to fight from a wheelchair in the third round.

How is he gonna sneak one into the ring under the referee's nose.