Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Mr. Kurtz posted:

There is a knife for you. It is shaped liked [Edge Transit].

This needs more love

BlindSite posted:

Furiosa
Inmost

gently caress you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

xzzy posted:

I dig how it rewards running around using supers by giving your bros the means to getting more supers. Not everyone's figured it out but enough have.

Yeah, and leaving the bubble to murder poo poo, but people are learning to do that too

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Mr. Kurtz posted:

Lol yes

MarshyMcFly
Aug 16, 2012

New Iron Banner: well, here I go killing again!

https://youtu.be/BHUh5AA8_3U

MarshyMcFly fucked around with this message at 13:29 on Sep 24, 2018

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

I did the whisper of the worm quest tonight and it was fun and nerve wracking and really cool

But the catalyst process is a bit silly.

Big thanks to uberingram and porklegrunch who probably have forum usernames that are entirely different!

gently caress yeah, dude. I got the gun just a few days ago and already have run through a few times to help other pimp-limpin' daddy-o's also catch up. Feels good.

I even learned the damned Green Room jumps just to properly nab chests. Asinine upgrade process, you're right, but whatever it takes.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
You can get all the blight by yourself you just need a team to beat it if you want the ship.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

gently caress that ship tho lol

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Is Whisper still a rotating thing or can you do it whenever? I keep forgetting about it.

Also is there any matchmaking at all for Gambit or is it like quickplay where anything goes

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

I know Whisper is still a rotating thing, but does it end Sunday or Monday?

hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008

spaceships posted:

i traded in the game way back because it was so unbelievably boring, but since it became free on ps+, i now have access to everything outside of forsaken. is it worth a buy y/n

Depends.

Maybe.

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

Mazerunner posted:

I'm up to 1150 glory points

I can do it, I can hit 2100 for the luna's howl, I believe in myself

e; also stacking up a winstreak in rumble then going onto competitive really helps with grinding valor, especially with the x2 weekend, I got an entire reset from 0-2000 tonight

frankly, i think the quest steps look worse than the points requirement. thankfully ive been told that the points work retroactive, despite being the last step.

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005

Am I handsome now?

spaceships posted:

i traded in the game way back because it was so unbelievably boring, but since it became free on ps+, i now have access to everything outside of forsaken. is it worth a buy y/n

Yes because I find it funny when people drop a game for being boring and then get it again.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

The Sean posted:

Yes because I find it funny when people drop a game for being boring and then get it again.
it works for Warframe

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

spaceships posted:

Bungie has taken all the feedback from the people, and taken it to heart. Forsaken implement most stuff people asked for, in the line of making Forsaken a game you can put 400 hours and still find goals to follow.

But while I can say Doom 2 is a better game than Doom, because Doom 2 have the double barreled shotgun, that is a supersatisfying weapon, and everything else is the same. I can't say the same thing about Forsaken, I can't say anything about Forsaken.

Nobody can put the finger on what exactly Destiny 2 did wrong. Destiny 2 at release was a cursed game, and many people that played at release turned from fans to haters. We still don't know if Forsaken has unrooted this curse down to the bone. Bungie have fixed many things, and have returned the power fantasy, but is like we are building a car from a montly catalog, building each part we receive each month. Only in a month of so we will have the whole car build, and have a final, rounded opinion.

Most people seems to like it. Is addictive again, and if you are a Destiny fan, is more destiny, and thats always good. But if you are a Destiny neo-phyte, or Destiny casual, or a non-Destiny gamer, I would not know what to tell you.

hitchensgoespop posted:

Depends.

Maybe.

Tei fucked around with this message at 15:48 on Sep 24, 2018

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Mr. Kurtz posted:

loving lol

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:
Do you really want to know my process?

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:
Well it starts with a holla! and ends with a Creamsicle.
I got a Misfit with Tap The Trigger and Under Pressure. Tossed a counterbalance mod on it and it’s not a laser gun with 51 rounds.

Richter Scabies
Dec 30, 2012

Guys unloading a badlander to take out the last bits of health from a primeval in Gambit is the best drat feeling that's my Forsaken experience.

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

I'm the casual(lol) player that liked fixed perks on guns in Y1 because I can't tell what's good and what isn't. That being said, what are some perks I should be looking out for? I get so discouraged because I don't know what to use -- what should I be looking for? Particularly on HCs, ARs, SMGs, and pulses?

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

You dropped an edge transit on the opposite side! Hope you're proud, I'm not.

The Risk
Mar 6, 2014

Richter Scabies posted:

Guys unloading a badlander to take out the last bits of health from a primeval in Gambit is the best drat feeling that's my Forsaken experience.

Get the Ikelos SG!!!

THE REAL MVP :blastu:

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

The Risk posted:

Get the Ikelos SG!!!

THE REAL MVP :blastu:

If only knife trick could proc trench barrel

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

hiddenriverninja posted:

If only knife trick could proc trench barrel

Also powered stormlock distance zap not triggering grave robber is some BULLSHIT

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
https://i.imgur.com/iygv8Tv.gifv

Pretty good summary of the Foresaken exotic situation imho

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Holy poo poo lol

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I don't think I've even seen an exotic engram. Except for the explodey ones.

All my exotics came from purples.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Tei posted:

Bungie has taken all the feedback from the people, and taken it to heart. Forsaken implement most stuff people asked for, in the line of making Forsaken a game you can put 400 hours and still find goals to follow.

But while I can say Doom 2 is a better game than Doom, because Doom 2 have the double barreled shotgun, that is a supersatisfying weapon, and everything else is the same. I can't say the same thing about Forsaken, I can't say anything about Forsaken.

Nobody can put the finger on what exactly Destiny 2 did wrong. Destiny 2 at release was a cursed game, and many people that played at release turned from fans to haters. We still don't know if Forsaken has unrooted this curse down to the bone. Bungie have fixed many things, and have returned the power fantasy, but is like we are building a car from a montly catalog, building each part we receive each month. Only in a month of so we will have the whole car build, and have a final, rounded opinion.

Most people seems to like it. Is addictive again, and if you are a Destiny fan, is more destiny, and thats always good. But if you are a Destiny neo-phyte, or Destiny casual, or a non-Destiny gamer, I would not know what to tell you.

I'm an ex-Destiny 1 semi-diehard that very likely put in around 500 hours, most of which I enjoyed, but fully acknowledged the addiction for what it was -- part gacha, part collect-a-thon, wrapped in a tight first person shooter with instanced MMO tinges. I tried the network demo of D2 before launch and was immediately turned off for some reason; maybe because I've never found the solo story missions all that fun or interesting.

Decided to dive in earlier this month when base D2 went free on PS+ and it hooked me good. It helped that a lot of the Forsaken changes were already implemented, which from what I understand, addressed a lot of issues that D1 players had with the game beforehand. You're right that it's very much more of the same, just looks a lot nicer due to ditching the need of compatibility for previous-gen consoles. Scorn (the new race) don't really add much in terms of lessening the sting of just shooting all the same old enemies again, but the core shooting game itself is still a real joy, and I don't even like FPS games these days. For what it's worth, all of those old enemies each got a new trick up their sleeve... Cabal carry expandable shields, there's a new type of Fallen enemy that can jetpack around to flank you, Vex adds will now crouch down to hide their weak spot, etc.

Everything in Forsaken is very good. It's the best expansion Destiny 1 or 2 have received by a long shot.

I'd recommend anyone on the fence to just get it while it's still free on PS+. You can basically play the up-to-date version of the game, yet you're level-capped at 20 and can't play the excellent new PvE/PvP fusion Gambit mode. This is all reminding me of how Destiny 1 hooked me in the first place, as they had a demo that was basically the full game with a level cap. You'll know whether you're into it or not by the time you max a character out, which is around a 15-hour affair if you draw a straight line.

enojy fucked around with this message at 17:06 on Sep 24, 2018

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

I would have gone after it

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Yeah they pop out in the game world now, it's cool. My first Forsaken exotic (Inmost Light titan chest) popped out of one of the Cabal in Trostland.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Curious if getting Whisper is any easier at 500+ or do they do the same power scaling as the raids?

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Seemed slightly easier due to weapon slot changes mostly

Having a shotgun or sniper in addition to whisper is...good

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Roman posted:

Curious if getting Whisper is any easier at 500+ or do they do the same power scaling as the raids?

I never did it pre Forsaken, but even the non heroic Whisper mission seems to have some aggressive scaling. I'd say it's similar enemy health and enemy damage to Gambit mobs

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005

Roman posted:

Stuff still hits pretty hard, me and two other goons gave it an attempt or two this weekend and didn't manage it. I've watched some videos now and think I have a better grasp of it, switching classes midway through the fights and such. I thought I'd just gotten unlucky with heavy ammo drops, apparently it doesn't drop at all so you really need to save it for the bosses.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

thebardyspoon posted:

Stuff still hits pretty hard, me and two other goons gave it an attempt or two this weekend and didn't manage it. I've watched some videos now and think I have a better grasp of it, switching classes midway through the fights and such. I thought I'd just gotten unlucky with heavy ammo drops, apparently it doesn't drop at all so you really need to save it for the bosses.

If you think about it not having a heavy drop is fine because everyone was doing it before with vanilla D2s stupid rear end weapon system

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

No heavy drops in whisper was a bug I hoped they had fixed. It wasn't like that before forsaken.

Unsinkabear
Jun 8, 2013

Ensign, raise the beariscope.

Does that exotic go to the Postmaster or is it just gone now? :ohdear:

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

If you think about it not having a heavy drop is fine because everyone was doing it before with vanilla D2s stupid rear end weapon system

Maybe? That mission appeared after I'd stopped playing Warmind and I've only attempted it since Forsaken came out so I have no comparison, it just felt weird not having any ammo drop since a lot of my perks are specifically for that to happen.

thebardyspoon fucked around with this message at 17:22 on Sep 24, 2018

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Unsinkabear posted:

Does that exotic go to the Postmaster or is it just gone now? :ohdear:

They always go to the postmaster but you're a goddamn WAR CRIMINAL if you don't jeopardize your team's success on the regular to go grab purples and yellows off the ground.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Pro move is to avoid picking up blue engrams so you can dismantle from the mailbox.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

xzzy posted:

I don't think I've even seen an exotic engram. Except for the explodey ones.

All my exotics came from purples.

I legit thought that mission was saying, Exotic engrams are dangerous now and nobody is loving with them, so don't get your hopes up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

1. Colony
2. Aeon Swift
3. dump strike Sparrow
4. Graviton Forfeit (at like 370 lmao)

Working as intended.