Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

Would you like a jelly baby?
It's been in my pocket through 4 regenerations,
but it's still good.

Vikar Jerome posted:

why do they keep releasing games for this thing

Good question since the thing is end of life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

My OG is loud but I have three fans going at all times in my room so it’s noisy as hell 24/7 anyway.

I’m really thinking about getting some money together for a RDR2 Pro upgrade. It would be an awesome game to start out my New Pro Life with. That said I don’t actually know what Pro upgrades the game will have.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Fan chat. Get a USB dual fan to keep air circulating in your lovely media center.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
my media center is not lovely, tyvm. airflow-wise anyway

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Vikar Jerome posted:

wait, FOTNS is out next week? that means im getting it on saturday, what the gently caress i thought it was out in november, did it get pushed forward? i dont have time to play these loving amazing looking games i keep buying at full price on release day you fucks. i still have kiwami 2 to go and spider-man. loving cowboys is out at the end of the month too? the gently caress is this poo poo.

Nah it's been October the whole time. Thank God For Gaming

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

I straight up didn't buy Monster Hunter World and God of War initially because I don't have a pro. Monster hunter on the base PS4 just felt super laggy and compromised, and GOW being 30 vs 60 FPS is a huge difference looks wise from what I saw at a friend's.

Eventually I just caved and bought GOW but I did wait for the PC port of Monster hunter.

I think Sony's strategy of selling 2 consoles backfired because now I just buy games on PC if they don't seem designed well for base PS4.

God of War doesn't really have a 60 FPS mode on Pro, it's more like an unlocked 45-60 depending on what's going on onscreen. I'd much rather play it at a stable 30, their "performance mode" implementation was not very good

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

goferchan posted:

God of War doesn't really have a 60 FPS mode on Pro, it's more like an unlocked 45-60 depending on what's going on onscreen. I'd much rather play it at a stable 30, their "performance mode" implementation was not very good

If the Pro had an adaptive sync solution then its perfomance mode options would be pretty great, but they don't so what you get is a really inconsistent looking picture. Just go with the high-res mode on God of War since you'll get a very steady 30fps with an enormous boost to image quality.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I'm definitely not finishing DQ before FOTNS hits and to make it worse I've just had a business trip sprung on me for next week, so I can't even just shelve DQ for it because I'm not gonna be here anyway.

Goddamn video games.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Winter is coming. (Except in australia)

This means our PS4 Pros heating the room is a feature, not a bug.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Tei posted:

Winter is coming. (Except in australia)

This means our PS4 Pros heating the room is a feature, not a bug.

Whenever I record PS4 footage, my clunker of a PC has to go full tilt to keep up, and both machines in tandem make summer deadly.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
It’s beautiful.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Rolo posted:

It’s beautiful.

Is there a way to play Fantasy Zone on the PS4? Because you should basically use that to play Fantasy Zone on your PS4.

You can play Fantasy Zone in the Sega Arcades in Yakuza 0.

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

Imhotep posted:

Lol I bought Drakengard 3 yesterday, did I waste my money?

I know this is ten pages ago but I really love Drakengard 3 and hope you like it too, like the rest of the games it adds flavor to the rest of the series without any foundation being needed. Just make sure your ps3 is very clean to minimize slowdown.

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

GIVE ME ALL YOUR FREE AGENTS

ALL OF THEM

Rolo posted:

It’s beautiful.

Getting a very mid-90's food court at the mall vibe from this.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

I think my new job is the job for me

Only registered members can see post attachments!

beep by grandpa fucked around with this message at 17:01 on Sep 24, 2018

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

chocolateTHUNDER posted:

Getting a very mid-90's food court at the mall vibe from this.

Makes me realize how many of the games stores in malls in my city are close to the food court or actually inside it. Probably has to do with the low cost and relative lack of prestige of retail spaces that are so close to the people huffing Arby's fumes.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Vikar Jerome posted:

why do they keep releasing games for this thing

The real question is if this is its second wind or dying gasp.

Liver Disaster posted:

I know this is ten pages ago but I really love Drakengard 3 and hope you like it too, like the rest of the games it adds flavor to the rest of the series without any foundation being needed. Just make sure your ps3 is very clean to minimize slowdown.

Drakengard 3 is loving weird man. There are reports of people having lovely or smooth framerate from different Playstations.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

RareAcumen posted:

The real question is if this is its second wind or dying gasp.

I feel like Tsushima and TloU2 are going to be the Ps4's swan songs and everything after will just get churned out while they're building the Ps5 gallery.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
Shenmue III is going to be the last game released on PS4

Who knows what year or decade though

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

If the previous generation is any indication they'll be putting out new games on PS4 right through to the very end because 1) most non-enthusiasts don't adopt the next generation immediately, and 2) people loooooved spending money on PS3 games that got a PS4 remaster five months later, and developers loooooved making money on the same game twice.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

mastershakeman posted:

Shenmue III is going to be the last game released on PS4

Who knows what year or decade though

gonna be next year, friend. #believeinsuzuki

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

RareAcumen posted:

Drakengard 3 is loving weird man. There are reports of people having lovely or smooth framerate from different Playstations.

The entire game feels like something they never expected to make or finish, I bought a friend a new ps3 to play it on and it slowed down in different parts compared to my hand polished old ps3 slim. None of the people I've watched have had the same 'never above 10fps' experiences I've seen claimed in these threads, it's a weird game through and through.

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

ALL OF THEM

exquisite tea posted:

If the previous generation is any indication they'll be putting out new games on PS4 right through to the very end because 1) most non-enthusiasts don't adopt the next generation immediately, and 2) people loooooved spending money on PS3 games that got a PS4 remaster five months later, and developers loooooved making money on the same game twice.

If PS5 is backwards compatible with PS4 games, remasters of PS4 games will be a tougher sell to those people.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

chocolateTHUNDER posted:

If PS5 is backwards compatible with PS4 games, remasters of PS4 games will be a tougher sell to those people.

:hmmyes: - A Sony exec reading this post.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

What if they make it compatible with PS3 games :wth:

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

exquisite tea posted:

:hmmyes: - A Sony exec reading this post.

don't you dare sony exec reading that post!

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

chocolateTHUNDER posted:

It's gonna be real interesting to see what Sony does now that Microsoft is promising the next Xbox is going to be backwards and FORWARDS compatible.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

PS5 will be fully compatible with the entire Sega CD library before it’s compatible with previous PS titles.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Policenaut posted:

It's gonna be real interesting to see what Sony does now that Microsoft is promising the next Xbox is going to be backwards and FORWARDS compatible.

Nothing at all most likely. Sony's attitude towards making positive changes for their userbase has literally been, "gently caress that poo poo, we are in the lead so why care?"

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Policenaut posted:

PS5 will be laterally compatible, so that you can place two or more PS5s next to one another and they'll both still function. Previous PlayStation models, when there are too many in close proximity to one another, will reach critical mass and detonate in a cataclysmic explosion.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Policenaut posted:

They will say "we have the 60fps Bloodborne. All you need is 20 bux and a Sony PlayStation 5" and everybody itt will pay AND complain.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

double post!!

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

I don’t care about backwards compatibility at all honestly so I won’t be let down however they handle it. I have a feeling we will see PS4 support though.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I'll buy a Sony Playstation 5 home computer system when it's bundled with Hideo Kojima's Metal Gear Solid 6.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

exquisite tea posted:

All you need is 20 bux

an optimist!

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

ALL OF THEM

Policenaut posted:

Eh? Have they said anything about forwards compatibility? I'm not talking about the half-step stuff like Xbox One>Scorpio or PS4>Pro, I'm talking like PS4>PS5 or Xbox One > Whatever they call the true next xbox.

Seems kinda far-fetched that they would tie developers down like that tbh. Especially when sales of Xbox One are doing fine now, and the PS4 has proven that people still have an appetite for buying new consoles every 5-8 years.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

chocolateTHUNDER posted:

Eh? Have they said anything about forwards compatibility? I'm not talking about the half-step stuff like Xbox One>Scorpio or PS4>Pro, I'm talking like PS4>PS5 or Xbox One > Whatever they call the true next xbox.

Seems kinda far-fetched that they would tie developers down like that tbh. Especially when sales of Xbox One are doing fine now, and the PS4 has proven that people still have an appetite for buying new consoles every 5-8 years.

spencer said something to that effect 2 or so e3's ago. fueled some speculation at the time that ms was moving towards a more pc-like model/cutting back on 1st party support. probably something they quietly back out of.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

chocolateTHUNDER posted:

For the past couple years MS has been talking off and on about forwards compatibility, which basically sounds like PC style graphics settings but on a console, and I'm really curious to see if they follow through with it with the reveal next year.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

Kilometers Davis posted:

I don’t care about backwards compatibility at all honestly so I won’t be let down however they handle it. I have a feeling we will see PS4 support though.

...that is Backwards Compatibility. Losing your entire digital or physical library because of a console change is a backstab.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

sony have the convenient excuse of the ps3's esoteric architecture, but what they've done with ps1 and ps2 support reveals their actual position on bc. (I'm not talking about the ps4 reading decades old discs. they sold digital copies on the ps3/psp/vita)

fwiw, i also really appreciate remasters as a way of preserving old games but in a refreshed way often more palatable for newcomers. you won't find me complaining about yet another remaster.

Rinkles fucked around with this message at 18:41 on Sep 24, 2018