Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Frog Act posted:

Thats meant to be literally grimdark pacman right? is it actually good or just a gimmick?

I don't know where you're getting grimdark, but it is pacman yes.

Whether it's good or bad probably depends on what you're looking for out of it. It was made by 1 guy and it shows, because it's pretty out there in both good and bad ways. The graphical and encounter quality varies a lot (some of it's great, while the last challenge was so unreasonable I had to turn on a "slower enemies" option for it to even seem possible). I bought it because I wanted to look at surreal and atmospheric environments and it definitely delivers there.

The actual pacman gameplay ends up being incredibly stressful in first person since you can't see exactly where things are behind corners or behind you, you can only hear them. The dash move leads to a lot of frustration since you want to dash as far as possible when running away, but if you aim it a hair too high then the dash is canceled and you'll probably get killed because of it. I enjoyed it the most when not in a pacman encounter since the atmosphere is really good, there's some great surreal stuff, and the level design has a lot of secrets and shortcuts to find.

Overall, it's definitely a thing, that I played.

Owl Inspector fucked around with this message at 23:22 on Sep 23, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

THE BABYSITTING EXPERIENCE (Apple II, 1986)

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Savidudeosoo posted:

I was going to ask how you make pac man grimdark but then I remembered that one t-shirt

Savidudeosoo
Feb 12, 2016

Pelican, a Bag Man

Holy poo poo what T-shirt

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Savidudeosoo posted:

Holy poo poo what T-shirt

probably this one

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

Pastry of the Year posted:

probably this one

Yeah I love that thing. :v:

Hippie Hedgehog
Feb 19, 2007

Ever cuddled a hedgehog?

THE BABYSITTING EXPERIENCE (Apple II, 1986)

Is there an actual game, or is it just a Ghostbusters reference?

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Hippie Hedgehog posted:

Is there an actual game, or is it just a Ghostbusters reference?

The ESP testing game, which is playable (as far as a guessing game could be called playable), is your reward for correctly completing a multiple-choice quiz about what to do in various babysitting situations.

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

CrossCode is a good game.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/368340/CrossCode/

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

Valkyria Chronicles 4: A fairly pleasant TRPG spaced out by millions of hours of cutscenes (that are mostly stupid but occasionally funny).

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
Spiderman:

spoiler for late-game suit:

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

The ESP testing game, which is playable (as far as a guessing game could be called playable),

heh. someone failed the ESP test.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Dragon Quest XI

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
Assassin's Creed Odyssey

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Forza Horizon 4

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Assassin's Creed Odyssey looks so good on PC sometimes it's a little unreal.

OutofSight
May 4, 2017
Somehow i am thinking "Titan Quest 2018 looks good so far".
The colour palettes for Greek plains and coast areas haven't changed much all this time.

TheRagamuffin
Aug 31, 2008

In Paradox Space, when you cross the line, your nuts are mine.

OutofSight posted:

Somehow i am thinking "Titan Quest 2018 looks good so far".
The colour palettes for Greek plains and coast areas haven't changed much all this time.

Holy poo poo, I would play the hell out of that.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Goddammit, this reminds me I have to get around to playing Origins.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

It's cool that photo modes are becoming a standard in big AAA+ productions.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

GraveVideos posted:

Tomb Raider's got every AAA game beat when it comes to romance options.

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.

GraveVideos posted:

Is there an after shot of her having been spat on?

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

Some more from Assassin's Creed Odyssey. This game looks so amazing!

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

exquisite tea posted:

Some more from Assassin's Creed Odyssey. This game looks so amazing!

Beautiful! It’s almost unplayable based on how many times you’re offered perfect photo mode opportunities.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Nordick posted:

I have decided that mutton chops are the best beard style for Geralt

You know I don't like the witcher games but I might be tempted to play that one if I can play as Revolver Ocelot from MGSV.

Rampant Dwickery
Nov 12, 2011

Comfy and cozy.
PARKER! BRING ME MORE PICTURES OF SPIDER-MAN!

Spoilers for some goofy late-game suit options

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.

OwlFancier posted:

You know I don't like the witcher games but I might be tempted to play that one if I can play as Revolver Ocelot from MGSV.

The Ursine (Heavy armor Witcher school) gear, comes with an long coat. I kept both the mutton chops and the gear because I looked exactly like Ocelot from MGS 1

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Forza Horizon 4 is great.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

GTA Online has finally allowed me to achieve nirvana.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

I have become Death, Destroyer of (Ancient) Worlds.

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
Assassin's Creed Odyssey (again)

This one is at like 1000 likes and is on the trending page on the official website and I don't know why tbh:

Here's some other shots I took:

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

Assassin's Creed: Oh, De Sea :stonk:

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
AC: Odyssey

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

Doom with mods can look nice sometimes.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Is that gun an actual 3D model? Or just a series of sprites made out of screenshots of a 3D gun? Either way, Doom modder ingenuity never fails to make me grin. :allears:

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

CJacobs posted:

Is that gun an actual 3D model? Or just a series of sprites made out of screenshots of a 3D gun? Either way, Doom modder ingenuity never fails to make me grin. :allears:

It's the GES biorifle from Unreal Tournament 99, however the shading on the tubes suggests to me that it is probably a rendered sprite because it doesn't look quite like that ingame.

It's not that uncommon with doom mods to do that, take other games and make guns from their first person animations, cos it basically does the bulk of the work for you.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Som good screenshotting going on itt lately.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

OwlFancier posted:

It's the GES biorifle from Unreal Tournament 99, however the shading on the tubes suggests to me that it is probably a rendered sprite because it doesn't look quite like that ingame.
It's the original Biorifle model from UT99, just without the fancy lighting/shadowing that'd come from "real" 3D lighting. The mod is probably Doom Tournament, which recreates the guns, HUD and some other optional things like player movement as closely to UT99 as possible, to the point of adding support for the old Unreal Engine 1 model format to the engine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Just wandering around the Laconian countryside on my very historically accurate unicorn.