Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost

Nfcknblvbl posted:

My daughter approves of the sherpa throw!

Ah, I was recently gifted one of these (blankets not childs) and was wondering where it was from, it's so incredibly comfy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

Cut up a rotisserie for sunday football buffalo chicken dip :getin:

Horse Clocks
Dec 14, 2004

I bought a kilo of butter. And I can’t loving find it.

How the poo poo do you lose a kilo of butter?

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Horse Clocks posted:

Slides under your carseat?

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

Horse Clocks posted:

Is it the big group of sticks of butter? Cause those are the exact same color as my fridge shelves and I constantly put stuff on top of it thinking it's an empty spot on the shelf.

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know
Could also have left it in the cart. That actually happens pretty often. Scored an expensive bottle of olive oil that way earlier this year. Thanks, random person. I used the whole thing. It was very good.

Grem posted:

Is it the big group of sticks of butter? Cause those are the exact same color as my fridge shelves and I constantly put stuff on top of it thinking it's an empty spot on the shelf.

Get thee to an optometrist

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

This was at an asian grocery and not costco, but I once took a sample from a tray with my fingers and an old asian lady gave my shoulder a light slap because I guess I was supposed to use a toothpick. Its not even like I touched any of the other samples, they all had plenty of space in between each other.

How do you pick up a toothpick without contaminating all of the other toothpicks?

durrneez
Feb 20, 2013

I like fish. I like to eat fish. I like to brush fish with a fish hairbrush. Do you like fish too?
I once used a toothpick to pick up a sample of honeydew. It was good honeydew. Too bad I used a toothpick from the discard pile.

:gonk:

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

FogHelmut posted:

How do you pick up a toothpick without contaminating all of the other toothpicks?

You use two toothpicks like chopsticks to pick up and use the third toothpick

Kaincypher
Apr 24, 2008
Just tried the beef bulgogi on this thread's recommendation. I am now a believer, PBUC.

jerry seinfel
Jun 25, 2007

Mother of god, the aussie bites

i got those, and some kodiak cakes. Gf got some leggings and said they're great

durrneez
Feb 20, 2013

I like fish. I like to eat fish. I like to brush fish with a fish hairbrush. Do you like fish too?

jerry seinfel posted:

Gf got some leggings and said they're great

:aaaaa: I NEED TO GO TO COSTCO!!!!

large hands
Jan 24, 2006

Grem posted:

Sitting in $282 on my Costco Credit Card right now and it's not cashing out until February! Kinda just wish I could get it sent whenever, though.

$650 here so far this year :grin:

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

You use two toothpicks like chopsticks to pick up and use the third toothpick

do you guys just not bring your own toothpicks or something?

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy
I usually grab straight from the hands of the sample ladies.

jerry seinfel
Jun 25, 2007

durrneez posted:

:aaaaa: I NEED TO GO TO COSTCO!!!!

real talk they're apparently like $10 a pair, pretty well constructed and warm

she wants to go back to get more, pbuc

Argyle
Jun 7, 2001

Rejoice, brothers and sisters, for I went to Costco on Saturday and witnessed a miracle:

A fire hydrant went rogue in the parking lot, and all in attendance were baptized in the name of Costco and the Los Angeles fire department.

Also I tried the food court kiosks for the first time. Ordered a whole pizza and didn't even have to wait, they just handed me an already-made one from the stack that they cut up for slices. Pretty dope.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Argyle posted:

Rejoice, brothers and sisters, for I went to Costco on Saturday and witnessed a miracle:

A fire hydrant went rogue in the parking lot, and all in attendance were baptized in the name of Costco and the Los Angeles fire department.

Also I tried the food court kiosks for the first time. Ordered a whole pizza and didn't even have to wait, they just handed me an already-made one from the stack that they cut up for slices. Pretty dope.

Lol is that the Los Feliz Costco?

Also I always get my workout shorts from Costco. Every year they have really nice board shorts for like 10-12 bucks and they are perfect for working out in.

Argyle
Jun 7, 2001

MarcusSA posted:

Lol is that the Los Feliz Costco?

Also I always get my workout shorts from Costco. Every year they have really nice board shorts for like 10-12 bucks and they are perfect for working out in.

Van Nuys. Also, weirdly, I went in looking for gym shorts but didn't see any. Only long pants :shrug:

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Argyle posted:

Van Nuys. Also, weirdly, I went in looking for gym shorts but didn't see any. Only long pants :shrug:

Yeah gotta catch them early summer.

Check online though Costco.com rules when you can’t find your size in store.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

They don't seem to get that it is literally always Summer in Socal, and there is no need to ever buy pants or heavy winter coats.

I grew up in Philly area, lolling last night seeing a couple wearing puffer coats when it was 70 degrees.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation

FogHelmut posted:

They don't seem to get that it is literally always Summer in Socal, and there is no need to ever buy pants or heavy winter coats.

I grew up in Philly area, lolling last night seeing a couple wearing puffer coats when it was 70 degrees.

The Palm Springs (Ranch Mirage and La Quinta) Costcos both have down jackets right now. It is still triple digits out here.

Argyle
Jun 7, 2001

El Jebus posted:

The Palm Springs (Ranch Mirage and La Quinta) Costcos both have down jackets right now. It is still triple digits out here.

Yeah, they don't seem to localize their clothing selection very well.

Granted, I know the mountain people of Big Bear need their flannels and parkas, but when it's 95 in Burbank and Costco greets me with racks of down jackets and zero shorts, that feels like bad inventory management.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

Argyle posted:

Granted, I know the mountain people of Big Bear need their flannels and parkas, but when it's 95 in Burbank and Costco greets me with racks of down jackets and zero shorts, that feels like bad inventory management.

Its the shareholders

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Costco shareholder demands:
- No more free onions
- Less comfortable Sherpa blankets
- Smaller pizza slices
- No refills
- Longer queues for free samples.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

- No more free onions
- Smaller pizza slices
- No refills

- Some bullshit instead of the Polish dog but gently caress you we are keeping the hotdog.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

Argyle posted:

Same thing here in Sarasota FL. We're south of Tampa, squarely in the sub tropics, and when September rolls around we all anticipate in a couple months being able to turn our ACs off sometimes and opening our windows. So Costco stocks down vests while marking all the t shirts on clearance. It's not like people vacationing here are the market either, they don't get here till Thanksgiving!

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

El Jebus posted:

- Some bullshit instead of the Polish dog but gently caress you we are keeping the hotdog.

This x100000

I miss the polish dog.

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

The shareholders crank their hogs in the woods whenever we complain in this thread. They love it.

"Oh you wanted a polish huh? *wildly cranks hog* oh it's still hot where you live and all we stock is parkas? That's so sadddd, so sad about that wow, unnghhhgh

naem
May 29, 2011

here in the bay-air-yah it’s somehow always 70 and 40 degrees at the same time

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

More like 50-95 degrees simultaneously somewhere in the bay area, depending on where you mark your boundaries. We have every climate simultaneously. It can be 90 where I work and 50 where I live at the exact same time, and my commute is only 30 mins.

plape tickler
Oct 21, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Nfcknblvbl posted:

My daughter approves of the sherpa throw!

She's adorable. :angel:

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

naem posted:

here in the bay-air-yah it’s somehow always 70 and 40 degrees at the same time

Yah this afternoon it was 70 when i left home and when I got to my workplace 20 minutes later it was 90

Flaggy
Jul 6, 2007

Grandpa Cthulu needs his napping chair

Grimey Drawer
I bought two king size sherpa throws from Co and we can now canvas our house if we ever need to fumigate.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

MarcusSA posted:

This x100000

I miss the polish dog.

they sell 'em in the refrigerated section!!!

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Chinatown posted:

they sell 'em in the refrigerated section!!!

Ok look man I appreciate the advice but unless I can pay some dude 1.50 to make me one and a drink it’s a no sale.

I really just miss my gluttonous monthly polish dog and slice of pizza.

Also I’m not a huge fan of what they have done with the pizza crust. It’s way too thick now.

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

- No more free onions
- Smaller pizza slices
- No refills

Don’t look at me man I didn’t vote for any of this poo poo

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy
They also sell boxes of frozen chicken bakes:ninja:

The Hambulance
Apr 19, 2011

:20bux:

ASK ME ABOUT MY AWESOME STARTUP IDEA

Pillbug

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

They also sell boxes of frozen chicken bakes:ninja:

The frozen ones are different from the ones you get in the food court. Still delicious, but different.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

durrneez
Feb 20, 2013

Different in what way?

I’ve only had the frozen ones. Last time I had one was 10+ years ago but I remember it being a delicious bread sack of chicken and cheesy ranchy goodness.