Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Its a solid weapon, there's a syndicate version, and it can do this when you increase the magazine size

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012
Really enjoying the game. I've got all the blue prints for the Rhino and 2 or 3 of the Prime Rhino already

Only missing some morphics and control modules to finish crafting all the pieces for the Frame. Hoping the Wiki is wrong and I don't need to wait until Mars to get the rest of the bits I need. No worries either way

Game is definetly fun but I want to drop the throwing daggers for pistols and try a different melee weapons. Got some dagger stances wanna try.

Avulsion
Feb 12, 2006
I never knew what hit me

Tiny Chalupa posted:

Really enjoying the game. I've got all the blue prints for the Rhino and 2 or 3 of the Prime Rhino already

Only missing some morphics and control modules to finish crafting all the pieces for the Frame. Hoping the Wiki is wrong and I don't need to wait until Mars to get the rest of the bits I need. No worries either way

Game is definetly fun but I want to drop the throwing daggers for pistols and try a different melee weapons. Got some dagger stances wanna try.

There are several guns that can be bought for credits, no resources or building required. Look through your arsenal until you see things listed for credits. If you need a specific resource, mention it in clan chat and someone will be happy to give you a ride to a good farming location.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

j5mello posted:

So Fellow Goons,

I'm nearing my Riven limit finally and figured i let my fellows have first crack this these before i just transmute them:

Atomos (5 Rolls)
Despair
Drakgoon
Furax
Hind
Jaw Sword
Krohkur
Nami Solo
Penta
Scindo
Twin Khomak

I'll take junk rivens in return that i can transmute or 5-10 plat depending on how generous/broke you want to be.

Edit: if someone has a Mios riven they dont' wan't i'd gladly take that too, as its my favorite Melee weapon.

Along with the atomos the jaw sword is also desirable if rolled right because with the syndicate 100% damage mod it's a desirable stat stick for certain characters that'll for example let you khora whip people for a few million damage.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

j5mello posted:

The atomos i get, but is the penta really that desirable?

Have I passed this around lately?

*reaches into wallet, pulls out a photo labeled "MY SON"*

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

DoombatINC posted:

I love this.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Definitely ALARMING

Mimesweeper
Mar 11, 2009

Smellrose

DoombatINC posted:

:stare:

Bloody Emissary
Mar 31, 2014

Powawa~n
I made the Plague Kripath polearm recommended ITT. Its stance slot has Naramon polarity, so I did a bunch of bounties for Twirling Spire, but I have to say I'm pretty underwhelmed in comparison to Shimmering Blight's buzzsaw-o'-death.

Is Bleeding Willow any good? Because I'll probably swap it to Zenurik at the next opportunity, otherwise.

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
I love Star Citizen, and all it's craziness
GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA
College Slice

j5mello posted:

So Fellow Goons,

I'm nearing my Riven limit finally and figured i let my fellows have first crack this these before i just transmute them:

Atomos (5 Rolls)
Despair
Drakgoon
Furax
Hind
Jaw Sword
Krohkur
Nami Solo
Penta
Scindo
Twin Khomak

I'll take junk rivens in return that i can transmute or 5-10 plat depending on how generous/broke you want to be.

Edit: if someone has a Mios riven they dont' wan't i'd gladly take that too, as its my favorite Melee weapon.

Why would you give away/transmute an Atomos riven.

If you still have it, I'll give you 2-3 junk ones for it.

Hutter
Feb 16, 2011

It's been giving me nightmares.
I’d take the jawsword when I get home if it is unclaimed. IGN: Hutterhutterssonhutter

McKilligan
May 13, 2007

Acey Deezy

j5mello posted:

So Fellow Goons,

Atomos (5 Rolls)
Despair
Drakgoon
Furax
Hind
Jaw Sword
Krohkur
Nami Solo
Penta
Scindo
Twin Khomak

I'd love the Drakgoon and/or Jaw Sword is not already claimed! Agymnon in-game

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Nickiepoo posted:

Overflow Clan? Did the main one fill up? Whoa.
Tennocon/The Sacrifice's release saw a pretty big bump in players, to the point where a few people got booted after only a couple weeks of inactivity in order to make room for people coming in. That's not super great, so now we have an official second clan. While things are starting to stabilize in the main clan again, there's going to be another big influx of players new and old as soon as Fortuna hits.

So, yeah. Planning for growth.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

POWERBOARDS YEAAAAH *plows into a glacier and dies*

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

So after you get all the amps what's the best thing to spend Quill standing on?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Arcanes

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

CODChimera posted:

So after you get all the amps what's the best thing to spend Quill standing on?

Magus arcanes, the captura scene, and I guess wisps if you really have nothing else left.

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

j5mello posted:

So Fellow Goons,

Atomos (5 Rolls)
Despair
Drakgoon
Furax
Hind
Jaw Sword
Krohkur
Nami Solo
Penta
Scindo
Twin Khomak

I’ll take the Scindo if it’s not claimed yet. When are you usually online? I’m The_Government ingame

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Bring me the head of Auguste Escoffier.
I fell into a long Survival fissure mission last night with someone who was probably clearing out their old radiant Meso relics.

Long story, short - wondering if anyone was looking for a Spira Prime blade.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

j5mello posted:

So Fellow Goons,

Atomos (5 Rolls)
Despair
Drakgoon
Furax
Hind
Jaw Sword
Krohkur
Nami Solo
Penta
Scindo
Twin Khomak

I'll take that Krohkur in exchange for a trash riven or two. Ign is TsurupettanSA.

Nickiepoo
Jun 24, 2013

Helter Skelter posted:

Tennocon/The Sacrifice's release saw a pretty big bump in players, to the point where a few people got booted after only a couple weeks of inactivity in order to make room for people coming in. That's not super great, so now we have an official second clan. While things are starting to stabilize in the main clan again, there's going to be another big influx of players new and old as soon as Fortuna hits.

So, yeah. Planning for growth.

That explains it. I was away overseas for a number of months so fair call in my case but I love that this game continues to grow in this way and honestly can't think of a game that matches it in that way.

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

Isn’t the clan limit like 1k people :stare:

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Xun posted:

Isn’t the clan limit like 1k people :stare:
Sure is.

Game got popular.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

There is a lot of people who never interact with the clanchat in any meaningful way, but it's always active.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Helter Skelter posted:

Sure is.

Game got popular.

yeah game is good

I was bitching about some things but in retrospect these difficulty bumps are really needed, always before major junctions that expand game systems:

Ceres Hijack teaches you there are missions you have to group up for or grind until you crush
Uranus Water & Caches teaches you to git gud at all movement and recognizing tiles
Neptune Perfect Spy Missions teaches you to buy Limbo Prime :v:
Forced Lua Challenge Rooms teaches you it's no dishonor to leech from grinders

also in :shobon: newbie news: I finished War Within (boy they really should have told you not to take your levelling melee weapon with you), and all but first level of the Sortie was locked because I never got to that planet lmao

Lork
Oct 15, 2007
Sticks to clorf

Elissimpark posted:

I fell into a long Survival fissure mission last night with someone who was probably clearing out their old radiant Meso relics.

Long story, short - wondering if anyone was looking for a Spira Prime blade.
I've been looking for one for ages!

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Bring me the head of Auguste Escoffier.

Lork posted:

I've been looking for one for ages!

Cool, I'll be on line for prob the next couple of hours - IGN TomatoSaucy. If you're not about, message me, I can be flexible with online times at the moment.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Helter Skelter posted:

Magus arcanes, the captura scene, and I guess wisps if you really have nothing else left.

Are Magus the ones for the operator? Any suggestions on the best ones?

I haven't really looked too much into amps but I'm probably at the point where I should be doing the 3rd Eidolon regularly...

HundredBears
Feb 14, 2012
Vigor and Replenish are the usual two for eidolon fights. People like Nourish or Elevate to heal their frames in other content, but I'm not up to date on which of the two is better.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

CODChimera posted:

Are Magus the ones for the operator? Any suggestions on the best ones?
They are. I recommend Vigor and Elevate as a good general-purpose pair. There are also a couple Unairu passives that can be used with Husk if you want to be particularly tanky more than you want free, fast frame healing.

You'll also want Virtuous Fury.

wid
Sep 7, 2005
Living in paradise (only bombed once)

Cinnamon Bear posted:

One weird thing I noticed though, and had to look at the wiki about, is that some story elements seem a little bit jumbled up in order as a new player because they shuffled the Star Chart around at some point? Like what the deal with Alad V was, for instance. It wasn't too bad but it did feel like "wait, did I miss something?"

Yeah, the Sad Chronicle of Alad V is jumbled up because DE never planned to have actual story quests. Their original plan was whatever story they come up with would bw told through events, which is special missions only available at a certain period since they thought that's the only feasible way to tell a story for a small indie game.

Instead they got drowned in cash and decided to make actual story quests. But they couldn't fit the progression of Alad V without shoving the story quest at the end of the star chart.

In case you're curious, the short version of Alad V's story is that he's an rear end in a top hat executive of the Corpus who dug up sleeping warframes and carve them up for experiments and selling the bits and pieces. He made a frankenframe with robot and warframe parts. The Tenno kicked his rear end for that. Then he got into a feud with Sargas Ruk and lost (he won in the console version). The Corpus fired him, as in they were trying to kill him. He ran away and experimented with the infestation virus and made it capable of infesting machines. He also got infected. So we kicked his rear end again. Then he decided to sober up and get healthy again by asking us to help him raid Tyl Regor's lab and steal some serum or something. This leads to Second Dream.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

The Tenno equivalent of a drunk tank is being hit with high caliber automatic weapons and chainsaw whips, checks out.

Pipski
Apr 18, 2004

What are the most viable weapons for elemental resistance sorties -- especially the corpus ones?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Pipski posted:

What are the most viable weapons for elemental resistance sorties -- especially the corpus ones?

guns that shoot regular bullets. there are a lot of those, so use whichever you like. if corpus shields are slowing you down too much, try a crit primary with hunmun.

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice

Pipski posted:

Soma Prime.

Teeter
Jul 21, 2005

Hey guys! I'm having a good time, what about you?

j5mello posted:

So Fellow Goons,

Atomos (5 Rolls)
Despair
Drakgoon
Furax
Hind
Jaw Sword
Krohkur
Nami Solo
Penta
Scindo
Twin Khomak

I saw some discussion about it but don't think it was actually claimed, so I'll grab that Penta from you if it is available. IGN: Fauxbot

I happen to be leveling up Penta for the first time right now actually so maybe I can have some more fun with it.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

j5mello posted:

So Fellow Goons,

Atomos (5 Rolls)
Despair
Drakgoon
Furax
Hind
Jaw Sword
Krohkur
Nami Solo
Penta
Scindo
Twin Khomak

You still have that Nami Solo? I'll take it. IGN: Chefbot

Baba Yaga Fanboy
May 18, 2011

Tsurupettan posted:

I'll take that Krohkur in exchange for a trash riven or two. Ign is TsurupettanSA.

I'd take the Jaw Sword riven if you still have it. IGN: Cybercooties

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC
Is there an easy way, like a test dummy or similar, to see what your dps vs various things are, or am I going to have to sit down in the simulacrum and count numbers and do math?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 19 hours!

GenericOverusedName posted:

Is there an easy way, like a test dummy or similar, to see what your dps vs various things are, or am I going to have to sit down in the simulacrum and count numbers and do math?

http://warframe-builder.com/

Plug in your mods, get nerd numbers.