Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
I've been playing Shadow of the Tomb Raider on PS4 and it's been taking me ages because I have to use the TV. I tried remote playing it but for some reason the Vita hates streaming it, it'll work for like five minutes and then stutter and die. Never had that problem before.

I wish there was a Switch port but if there was, it would have to be severely graphically downgraded. My PS4 has hit sub-30 FPS on occasion. Gorgeous game though, the foliage is amazing.

asecondduck fucked around with this message at 20:35 on Sep 24, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

pixaal posted:

Bash the 4 buttons you have and see what they do. Usually one will pause the game, the other will do nothing outside of a menu, and the other two are generally Run and Jump/Shoot.

sometimes you need to hit two buttons at once, like in river city ransom where that’s how you jump

ColonelJohnMatrix
Jun 24, 2006

Because all fucking hell is going to break loose

Andrast posted:

It’s not really a tutorial island, you spend like 10-20 hours of game time there. It’s he first act of the game.

Ok this makes me feel better that I just don't like the game, then.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Important update:

https://twitter.com/Yiszy1/status/1044275377567227909

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh
I've replayed act 1 of D:OS2 like four times because I found it so much fun. There are so many ways to escape the fortress it gives Deus Ex a run for its money. Just make sure you get a teleport skill from somewhere (there are several possible locations), ideally one on every character, because it's probably the most useful skill in the game.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

b_d posted:

sometimes you need to hit two buttons at once, like in river city ransom where that’s how you jump

BARF!

Amorphous Abode
Apr 2, 2010

We may have finally found unobtainium but I will never find eywa.

Draw Mario wearing the crown, cowards

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

The Silver Snail posted:

Draw Mario wearing the crown, cowards

He'd turn into Toad.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

This is canon

Mr. Locke
Jul 28, 2010
I mean, Peachette is Peach with all of Toadette’s gender-signaling adornment. So, does that mean Peach just... Toad?

All this time, Toad’s been trying to get Mario’s attention, but Mario just isn’t happy until he finds his blonde beauty. So, in defeat, the crown goes on and suddenly this is the castle,

Don’t worry little Toad. One day Mario will love you for you, you’ll see.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord
Everyone is too big of a coward to draw Tatanga mushroom'd into Daisy

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Incorrect, he used that on his minions to make them Daisy clones. Using it on himself would result in something else

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Fawful + Crown

for smash

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

The Bloop posted:

Fawful + Crown

for smash

You FOOL

https://twitter.com/zekey_s_lizard/status/1044068076373901312

edit: Also there is a single Tatanga one but I'm not gonna post it

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Macaluso posted:

You FOOL

:eyepoop:

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Nintendo stock is up 2%.

Please tell me there's something else that's causing that

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

https://twitter.com/TheAtlasOne/status/1044295762753007616

Bowsette caused Nintendo's stocks to rise lmao

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

TheKingofSprings posted:

Nintendo stock is up 2%.

lol 2% is like a small fart.

Mr. Locke
Jul 28, 2010

TheKingofSprings posted:

Nintendo stock is up 2%.

I would.

But when New Super Mario Bros U Deluxe comes out and Bowsette isn’t in it and that stock falls back down, I’ll be exposed as a liar.

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010
Just the memeconomy at work.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

TheKingofSprings posted:

Nintendo stock is up 2%.

Probably a ton of revenue from the online. Info from that is probably staying to leak to traders

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

MarcusSA posted:

lol 2% is like a small fart.

Their stock has been in freefall since the Switch came out, which appears to be mostly because there is a large number of shorts on it. It reversed the freefall shortly after Trump's dick was compared to Toad.

Al Borland Korn posted:

Probably a ton of revenue from the online

This hasn't been reported to investors yet, so it has no effect on the stock. (other than speculation, but traders aren't going to be knowledgeable enough about the industry to speculate on it).

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Macaluso posted:

You FOOL

this is the content i come here for

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

pixaal posted:

This hasn't been reported to investors yet, so it has no effect on the stock. (other than speculation, but traders aren't going to be knowledgeable enough about the industry to speculate on it).

Not officially but there are people who know and analysts who can estimate it based on a bunch of factors

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
That's not how stocks work and if you believe this then you're super dumb.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

King Boo is starting to trend in Japan as well, one of the top topics alongside Bowsette

Just accept that they're saving nintendo somehow and laugh.

American McGay posted:

So fill me in. After every direct I see "Look stocks recovered for a bit after it!" or "Wow things went kinda down" so now that it's something you don't like "uh it doesn't work like that."

First for me. (I mean this literally, I don't pay a lot of attention to stocks outside what gets posted and this is the first time I've ever seen someone go "Nuh uh it doesn't work like that")

ThisIsACoolGuy fucked around with this message at 21:31 on Sep 24, 2018

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Al Borland Korn posted:

Not officially but there are people who know and analysts who can estimate it based on a bunch of factors

Wall Street is terrible with technology stocks. The general trend on stock news has been cautious with the Switch, they fear another WiiU, and with Nintendo failing with online for so long the general investor consciousnesses seems to be don't touch it. There is also the fear of it being a foreign stock, the current US tariff war is causing a bunch of people to shy away from "risky" stocks.

Basically Nintendo has been on a slump since the failure of the WiiU, and hasn't shown enough to elevate investor's fears of a PS5 coming out and turning the Switch into another WiiU.

I personally think the Switch is closer to a 3DS and will avoid being obsoleted by a PS5 (which likely wont hit until 2020).

I also have a feeling any speculative tech investors are looking at AMD right now. (take a look at the recent history of AMD $9 to $33 in under a year).

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Kind of amazing we hold up Nintendo, a highly specialized company, to the same standard as we do to Sony, whose activities are all over the map. Heck even Microsoft hasn't got presence in as many areas as Sony does.

I'm not surprised at the Playstation family being such a powerhouse in the industry but the company behind it is just massive.

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008

Silver Falcon posted:

Hey if you like being the cat, you can totally do more than just gather stuff as a cat! Cats can kill monsters just fine, too. Take it from me: I main the cat. I have yet to bring my human character out of retirement since I moved from original Generations on 3DS to GenU.

There's just something satisfying about beating up giant monsters as a tiny cat.

Yes I do all the cat quests and have battled as the cat. I mostly play it as a mindless gathering option while I watch TV though. My cat is a murder machine when I am required to slay a large monster tho.

This just illustrates why MH is so good. There are so many ways to play it! Each weapon (including cats) is a unique and fun time! I've only played LS, HH, and SnS in all those hours!

Det_no
Oct 24, 2003

TheKingofSprings posted:

Nintendo stock is up 2%.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2018/09/nintendo_wins_big_at_tgs_2018s_japan_game_awards

There. Stocks began to rise on the exact same day Nintendo won like eight awards. Realistically the Bowsette thing hadn't even taken off at that point.

Also female King Boo is better than female Bowser. :colbert:

Det_no fucked around with this message at 21:47 on Sep 24, 2018

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Wildtortilla posted:

Yes I do all the cat quests and have battled as the cat. I mostly play it as a mindless gathering option while I watch TV though. My cat is a murder machine when I am required to slay a large monster tho.

This just illustrates why MH is so good. There are so many ways to play it! Each weapon (including cats) is a unique and fun time! I've only played LS, HH, and SnS in all those hours!

Try out Gun Lance, I did that for the first time in World and it's the most fun I've had in any Mon Hun, I also tend to do 1 weapon per play through, I'm thinking of doing another World play through at some point, it was really good and with each weapon being so different it'll be just as fresh.

Positioning is super important with the extremely slow speed, Wyvernfire might seem like a trap, but it's really nice if on a sleeping monster, and because of the massive knockback you can use it to get hits in where you have no business getting them. It goes off knocking you out of the way of some massive sweep attack where a jab would have made it impossible to get out of the way in time. I think it's the weapon that's taken me the longest to get the hang of but was by far the most rewarding.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

The pro of Queen Boo is that most art includes normal rear end boo's who I love.

Boos and Shy Guys are my friends.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

misread as normal boo’s rear end and now I’m disappointed

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

King Boo is starting to trend in Japan as well, one of the top topics alongside Bowsette

she's good

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

American McGay posted:

I dunno, you'd think a bunch of IT nerds who are also hobby investors might have Twitter-monitoring stock bots? Seems like one of those things that could be a thing. :shrug:

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Siets posted:

I dunno, you'd think a bunch of IT nerds who are also hobby investors might have Twitter-monitoring stock bots? Seems like one of those things that could be a thing. :shrug:

The actual movers don't watch directs and know less than the average reddit poster. When Nintendo announced they were going mobile, the speculators didn't even know the switch was in dev until that January conference. If the content of the direct had any affect, it'd be some nerds buying up stock because of incoming online speculation. The last time the direct had an "effect"was for the let's go announcement when the stocks dropped, but actual investors want mobile poo poo, so you know it's not them.

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere
I thought Divinity Original Sin 2 was fantastic, definitely the best game in that sort of genre that I've ever played. The first island was definitely the toughest for me, seems to have a steep difficulty initially, but as soon as I was off the island the game's difficulty balanced out. I would suggest playing on the easiest difficulty while on the island, then bumping it up when you get off.

Played a bunch of Dead Cells last night. It's the perfect game after playing 80+ hour rpg's. Still haven't beat it yet, feels like the difficulty jumps 3-4x when you get to the castle level. Enemies immediately get tougher to kill and hit like a truck. I have zero problems up until that point.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

https://twitter.com/dasharez0ne/status/1044341679082426375?s=19

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

https://twitter.com/tuyoki/status/1044324217309794306

And don't worry folks. There's a Rabbid Peachette out there too

bushisms.txt posted:

The actual movers don't watch directs and know less than the average reddit poster. When Nintendo announced they were going mobile, the speculators didn't even know the switch was in dev until that January conference. If the content of the direct had any affect, it'd be some nerds buying up stock because of incoming online speculation. The last time the direct had an "effect"was for the let's go announcement when the stocks dropped, but actual investors want mobile poo poo, so you know it's not them.

COUNTERPOINT:

https://twitter.com/prozdkp/status/1044309444207603712

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008

pixaal posted:

Try out Gun Lance, I did that for the first time in World and it's the most fun I've had in any Mon Hun, I also tend to do 1 weapon per play through, I'm thinking of doing another World play through at some point, it was really good and with each weapon being so different it'll be just as fresh.

Positioning is super important with the extremely slow speed, Wyvernfire might seem like a trap, but it's really nice if on a sleeping monster, and because of the massive knockback you can use it to get hits in where you have no business getting them. It goes off knocking you out of the way of some massive sweep attack where a jab would have made it impossible to get out of the way in time. I think it's the weapon that's taken me the longest to get the hang of but was by far the most rewarding.

I've read that wyvern fire isn't as effective against sleeping monsters as one may think. It hits multiple times instead of one single blast. The sleeping damage bonus is only applied to the attack that wakes up a mon.

The only reason I know that is because I spent some time watching gunlance videos this weekend. It'll likely be my 4th. :)

• Locked thread