Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013

ElwoodCuse posted:

Rockstar has always, always marketed games like this

A quick look at the Rockstar youtube channel shows that Max Payne 3, RDR1 and LA Noire all had around a dozen fairly in-depth trailers released prior to the launch trailer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:
better mark my calendar for the release date to the trailer of the next gameplay clip so i can know as much about it as possible even though i've been waiting for this sequel for years

lol some people are really stretching when trying to find ways to nitpick things about this unfinished game and the devs

also when has RDR ever forced you to even progress the story beyond the beginning? from what i remember you can just gently caress off and run around and kill people or explore stuff however you feel like as if its GTA

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Thief posted:

better mark my calendar for the release date to the trailer of the next gameplay clip so i can know as much about it as possible even though i've been waiting for this sequel for years

lol some people are really stretching when trying to find ways to nitpick things about this unfinished game and the devs

also when has RDR ever forced you to even progress the story beyond the beginning? from what i remember you can just gently caress off and run around and kill people or explore stuff however you feel like as if its GTA

It has broken bridges preventing you from gooding to the other areas iirc

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

sorry to all players that spawn into the game and spend 15 minutes riding a horse directly to the mexican border only to find they could not cross

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

Agean90 posted:

It has broken bridges preventing you from gooding to the other areas iirc

Yeah, though you could do some shenanigans to get into them early. Like getting arrested north of Bonnie's ranch where the game recognizes you as being in Tall Trees, you go to jail in Blackwater. I always did this once I got the lasso so I could go and get the best horse immediately, same for the buffalo rifle :v:

Getting back into New Austin was a little tricky as you had to jump the gap at Thieve's Landing just right.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

I realize that these are all bullshots but what platform would make the game look that good?

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

MarcusSA posted:

I realize that these are all bullshots but what platform would make the game look that good?

Watch them capture all promo material on PC with an RTX 2080 then delay the pc port's release for a year and a half.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

davebo posted:

Watch them capture all promo material on PC with an RTX 2080 then delay the pc port's release for a year and a half.

LOL

DogonCrook
Apr 24, 2016

I think my 20 years as hurricane chaser might be a little relevant ive been through more hurricanws than moat shiitty newscasters
Cant all xbox games run on a pc now? I thought this gen they all could run on pc its just whether or not they allow it and build the options that you expect like fov settings etc. But on the developer end i though they could run everything on a pc now.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy

MarcusSA posted:

ps4 or xbox? I mean, GTA 5 came out like...5 years ago now? It looked pretty great on last gen consoles and when it was re-released for current gen it looked better-er-er. I'm assuming the lack of giant cites, cars, pedestrians and what not being around you 90% of the time gives Rockstar the time to just make Red Dead just look beautiful.

Though, I'm sure a few of those shots might be played up, but I honestly believe they just built the engine up over the years.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

ps4 or xbox? I mean, GTA 5 came out like...5 years ago now? It looked pretty great on last gen consoles and when it was re-released for current gen it looked better-er-er. I'm assuming the lack of giant cites, cars, pedestrians and what not being around you 90% of the time gives Rockstar the time to just make Red Dead just look beautiful.

Though, I'm sure a few of those shots might be played up, but I honestly believe they just built the engine up over the years.

Ok I was just curious if the game would really look that much better on the Xbox pro S max or the PS pro but no one will really know till it launches I guess.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

DogonCrook posted:

Cant all xbox games run on a pc now? I thought this gen they all could run on pc its just whether or not they allow it and build the options that you expect like fov settings etc. But on the developer end i though they could run everything on a pc now.

Both XBox and PS4 are using x86 processors as I recall. But Rockstar has to double dip so idiots like me buy it twice. They gotta know that sweet-spot for rabid fanboys not wanting to wait is somewhere above six months. I hope that GTA5's ridiculous delay was a fluke mainly caused by timing when they realized they could release it for a new generations of consoles to see how many idiots would triple-dip.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy

MarcusSA posted:

Ok I was just curious if the game would really look that much better on the Xbox pro S max or the PS pro but no one will really know till it launches I guess.

I'm sure they will have PRO/S options. What options they will have, no idea!

Besides how good the game might look, I wanna get a donkey :colbert: if they aint no donkey i aint no buying!

*I pre-ordered day one :ninja:*

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

MarcusSA posted:

All of the press demos last week were done on PS4 Pros, if that helps your decision at all.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

I hope this game ends up as a mess of unportable spaghetti code, eat poo poo PC havers

Cultural Marxist
Jun 29, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

MarcusSA posted:

I think* the trailers weve seen so far have all been captured on the PS4. Cant remember if they said it was Pro or Vanilla though.

*I am happy to be corrected about this, Im fairly sure, but could be wrong.

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

Cultural Marxist posted:

I think* the trailers weve seen so far have all been captured on the PS4. Cant remember if they said it was Pro or Vanilla though.

*I am happy to be corrected about this, Im fairly sure, but could be wrong.

AFAIK everything that has been shown off has been on the Pro.

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

LostRook posted:

A quick look at the Rockstar youtube channel shows that Max Payne 3, RDR1 and LA Noire all had around a dozen fairly in-depth trailers released prior to the launch trailer.

Yeah there was a period of time there where Rockstar actually had really cool informative marketing. Like they would break down the trailers into covering different aspects of the game, such as the physics engine or music. It was all very educational and helped build hype, but they just stopped doing it completely.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

The Fool posted:

All of the press demos last week were done on PS4 Pros, if that helps your decision at all.

OK yeah it does. I was leanding towards the PS4 Pro anyway but I think this just seals the deal.

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

Fart City posted:

Yeah there was a period of time there where Rockstar actually had really cool informative marketing. Like they would break down the trailers into covering different aspects of the game, such as the physics engine or music. It was all very educational and helped build hype, but they just stopped doing it completely.

... did... did you just totally miss the gameplay trailer they dropped? :ohdear:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dw_oH5oiUSE

They've already teased more trailers like this, going into detail about other aspects of the game as well. So this is 1/?

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
Can't wait to get this on the PC three years from now and the subsequent shitfit rockstar will have about mods.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Gonna get the supersized horse testicle mod ASAP.

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

Zipperelli. posted:

... did... did you just totally miss the gameplay trailer they dropped? :ohdear:

They've already teased more trailers like this, going into detail about other aspects of the game as well. So this is 1/?

that was at the start of August and we havent seen one since then though with the game only a month out, which is kind of frustrating.

but yeah I do agree that people are being ridiculously nitpicky about this game, starting from the hysteria months back about how it probably wouldnt even have single player because of Rock$tar.

if you dont really play games for the story and want to skip through whatever you can I guess more power to you but rockstars whole thing is kind of these story driven immersive exposition type of games. you have to know going in thats the design direction and you may not be the target audience

Zutaten
May 8, 2007

What the shit.

Capn Beeb posted:

https://www.rockstargames.com/reddeadredemption2/features/wildlife

I absolutely love good snow effects.

New hat! With rat! And bullet hole! Also nice to see the Volcanic pistol is back and you can mix and match your pistols. Now show me the drat LeMat and the Sharps rifle already :argh:

I really hope Rat Hat isn't a special hat and is indeed what you get when you turn a rat corpse into a hat. It gives me hope that all 200ish animals can then be fashioned into clothing. Trout hat. Gila Monster hat. Turkey vulture hat. Even if it's just feathers/scales/accoutrements I will wear every drat animal in this game.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

Zutaten posted:

I really hope Rat Hat isn't a special hat and is indeed what you get when you turn a rat corpse into a hat. It gives me hope that all 200ish animals can then be fashioned into clothing. Trout hat. Gila Monster hat. Turkey vulture hat. Even if it's just feathers/scales/accoutrements I will wear every drat animal in this game.

Red Dead Redemption confirmed to take place in the Monster Hunter universe

Tercio
Jan 30, 2003

really hope the online character models have a bit more heft than the dime store mannequins from gta online

Funso Banjo
Dec 22, 2003

Zutaten posted:

I really hope Rat Hat isn't a special hat and is indeed what you get when you turn a rat corpse into a hat.

I hope it's a paid dlc.

Cultural Marxist
Jun 29, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Tercio posted:

really hope the online character models have a bit more heft than the dime store mannequins from gta online

It would also be nice if you could wear more than one piece of jewellery at a time.

The layering of clothes stuff in single player has me cautiously optimistic, but Im not holding my breath.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The Fool posted:

All the promotional stuff/preview will be on PS4 Pro because Sony has the comarketing deal with Rockstar for this.

Son of a Vondruke!
Aug 3, 2012

More than Star Citizen will ever be.

Glenn Quebec posted:

Can't wait to get this on the PC three years from now and the subsequent shitfit rockstar will have about mods.

Or even worse. Not at all, like the first one.

Funso Banjo
Dec 22, 2003

Son of a Vondruke! posted:

Or even worse. Not at all, like the first one.

Oh yeah, I really doubt this one is coming to PC.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
This is purely speculative but I'd say it would have a lot to do with how RDR: Online does. If it's anything like GTA:O they'll want to spread out to PC just to sell..cowboy shark cards or whatever, if the market is there.

Tercio
Jan 30, 2003

dawwww lookit that little bird

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

muscles like this! posted:

All the promotional stuff/preview will be on PS4 Pro because Sony has the comarketing deal with Rockstar for this.

Ugh. Hopefully they don't nerf the X version to make Sony happy.

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

theyve been showing everything off on the ps4 pro so that when the screens and videos of how it looks on the xbox one come out it will be too late for ps4 users to make a big twitter stink

MonkeyLibFront
Feb 26, 2003
Where's the cake?
I'm honestly wondering what it will look like on a normal Xbox S in comparison.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

MonkeyLibFront posted:

I'm honestly wondering what it will look like on a normal Xbox S in comparison.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_8yxEqmxOvE&t=832s

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Tercio posted:

dawwww lookit that little bird

i am gonna skin them both and wear them on my body.

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
Can't wait to find my first Blood Meridian pedophile hermit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

Zipperelli. posted:

Oh, okay, somehow this had flown under my radar. Thanks for bringing it to my attention! It's pretty much exactly what I was talking about. I'm not going to look a gift horse in the mouth, but I kind of wish they had done stuff like this earlier, though.