Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

You can just... You know... Not listen to them?

Disclaimer: I like Ghost, gimme dat cheesy Abba Eurovision Metal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal

KozmoNaut posted:

I like Ghost too, but I think I'd leave after Ghost. And I'm not paying for Metallica tickets to see Ghost.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

They'll come by on their own tour soon enough, every 2 years or so.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

KozmoNaut posted:

Whenever they aren't held up with passport issues, anyway :v:

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

henpod posted:

Someone dug up SYL's Alien, in instrumental form. Although vocals are insane on the normal one, it's cool to hear the instruments in the background on their own. This is a masterpiece of an album, ferocious, schizophrenic and heavy as all gently caress.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UKIcaaiT8hM

There are plenty of nastier and darker albums than Alien but when you place it in Townsend’s full discography it really becomes an insane album on a level very few ever reach. It sounds completely unhinged. I understand why he doesn’t relate to it or enjoy it at all anymore. As a fan of his though it’s fascinating to listen to.

Tias
May 25, 2008

Pictured: the patron saint of internet political arguments (probably)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

KozmoNaut posted:

I would like to not do that, but since they get pulled in for what seems like every loving edition of Copenhell, it's hard. Not to mention all the lovely channels and DJs that play them.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
the same people who would still see metallica in 2018/2019 are the same people who are listening to ghost, it's no surprise there.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

The last Metallica album was way better than it had any right to be and they still sound good live. I’d see them if I managed to get tickets.

yall2jaded

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

*thinking about old men metallica staggering around an arena stage trying to play a stupid song* https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RTnDES39-6c

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal

KozmoNaut posted:

I'm seeing Ghost sans Metallica on October 30th :getin:

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

CornHolio posted:

I'm seeing Ghost sans Metallica on October 30th :getin:

I was gonna go to the november date in orlando but it's at a performing arts center with seats?? what the gently caress

Parachute
May 18, 2003

The Ferret King posted:

I'm at the Ft Worth show. Yautja was crazy.

saw them in houston on friday and they were definitely the best band of the night. too bad they played at 6:30 in front of 1/8th of the crowd that eventually showed up by 9.

on recording they remind me of a more "core" version of Keelhaul, but live they are just something else

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Tias posted:

I would like to not do that, but since they get pulled in for what seems like every loving edition of Copenhell, it's hard. Not to mention all the lovely channels and DJs that play them.

They've played there 3 times out of 9 that Copenhell has been held.

Also, you can just... You know... Do something else while they're playing. That's how I handle most main stage bands.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

kumba posted:

I was gonna go to the november date in orlando but it's at a performing arts center with seats?? what the gently caress

I’m getting too old because that sounds wonderful lmao

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

They should perform at Sleepy’s with Sunn.

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

I once saw Jesu, Bohren & der Club of Gore, and Isis in a place with seating and now I'll never be the head of a major corporation, heyoooo you see you thought I meant Isis the ba--

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

Kilometers Davis posted:

The last Metallica album was way better than it had any right to be
it was pretty terrible and I had zero expectations

Monstaland
Sep 23, 2003

It was not terrible but that was all it was to me

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

kumba posted:

I wanna see them at a caberet venue while sitting down and eating a fancy dinner.

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

The great thing about a sit-down show is that if the band sucks, such as Ghost, you can slide down into your seat and pretend that you're at a boring work meeting you don't want to be at. Maybe count some ceiling tiles etc.

KingKapalone
Dec 20, 2005
1/16 Native American + 1/2 Hungarian = Totally Badass
Anyone see Wintersun on this tour? I will be next week. Didn't know that Jari is only keyboards and vocals now live. Wanted to see that evil looking warlock bust out that Winter Madness solo.

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

As one of those guys who sits at the back of the show with his arms crossed grimly and frost-bitteningly appreciating the music, I love seated shows. Standing that long can be really hard on the back.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Kvlt! posted:

As one of those guys who sits at the back of the show with his arms crossed grimly and frost-bitteningly appreciating the music, I love seated shows. Standing that long can be really hard on the back.

This + the slight head bob

I don’t even go to shows I don’t know why I’m talking

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
I'm gonna go see Imperial Triumphant + Uada tonight and I will stand up and I will NOT hurt my knees/back

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

"Not to be confused with the black metal band Imperial Trumpet, also from New York City."

lol

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

I am so short I have to be at the front. Even as I get older!

35 now.

I'll be the greybeard up front.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

Vintersorg posted:

35 now.

:same: but 39. And 40 is creeping up fast :ohdear:

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

I'm 34 and still go into mosh pits like an idiot its fun as hell

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
I don't have health insurance so I stick to the back.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
I'll be 36 in under a month and moshing isn't really my thing, but there's no goddamn way in hell I'm gonna sit down for a metal show.

Malaria
Oct 21, 2017

I'm 35 and my entire body hurts from seeing Dying Fetus on Saturday.

:(

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Vintersorg posted:

35 now.

I am tall but need to be at the front so get there earlier than me! Also I’m 47 so I have experience fending off excitable young’ns like you guys.

Extra credit: Dissekerad last Saturday

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

I hope one day to be stomped flat

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

gonna see Obscura/Beyond Creation/Archspire/Inferi/Exist on Thursday and hope to mosh to wanky tech death and get at least a little bruised up

Shakenbaker
Nov 14, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Just got back from seeing a free Iron Reagan show in a small bar. There were people diving from the stage plus a few from the bar after Tony demanded it happen because they played a Cannibal Corpse cover. Jesus was there, running around the pit like only the son of man can.

A+ would lick spilled beer from my arm again

Monstaland
Sep 23, 2003

Closing in on 43, can't stand up straight for 30 minutes without agonizing pains in my lower back and moshing is fine for about 3 minutes. After that I'm panting in your neck like an old dog for the remaining show while complaining about my back

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

WoodrowSkillson posted:

I'm 34 and still go into mosh pits like an idiot its fun as hell

This man has it all figured out.

Had to miss a Batushka concert two weeks back and I'm still pissed off about it.

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

I"m sure I'm late to the party, but the new Fukpig is awesome

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Klaaz posted:

Not the first time Ghost opening for Metallica. Some years ago Ghost and Gojira opened for 'Tellica's European tour.

If it's like when I last saw Metallica at a stadium (which included Gojira), you won't be able to hear the opening acts anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal

Nordick posted:

I'll be 36 in under a month and moshing isn't really my thing, but there's no goddamn way in hell I'm gonna sit down for a metal show.

I'm 36 and never was into moshing, but I'll push my way as far forward as I can and I usually end up right on the edge of the pit, which I'm OK with.