Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

Pipski posted:

What are the most viable weapons for elemental resistance sorties -- especially the corpus ones?

Any physical-damage weapon with either high crit + hunter munitions (Tenora, Soma P, Telos Boltor, Baza, etc.) or high burst (Opticor, Shotguns) will do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gaj70
Jan 26, 2013
reading comprehension failure.

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC

Jack Trades posted:

http://warframe-builder.com/

Plug in your mods, get nerd numbers.

Thank you for this, though, I can't seem to figure out how to get it to work with exalted weapons. I'm trying to see how ridiculous I've made my Titania.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

GenericOverusedName posted:

Thank you for this, though, I can't seem to figure out how to get it to work with exalted weapons. I'm trying to see how ridiculous I've made my Titania.

Dex Pixia is under secondaries.

http://warframe-builder.com/Secondary_Weapons/Builder/Dex_Pixia

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013
Oh my God, Mirage Prime is some of the most fun poo poo.

Quick question before I put the work in for it: Hall of Malevolence is the cool and sexy augment for cool and sexy Mirages, right? Gonna wanna max out duration and get that number as high as possible?

Second question, what does Sleight of Hand actually do? I cast it, there's a little ball, but the ball doesn't seem to do anything. The description makes it read like an aggro grabber that explodes when they touch it, but they never seem to notice or touch it.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

So, I got Argon Scope from the Acolytes a bit back, but I haven't used it because I have no clue what it goes on, and all my weapons already shred dudes. Below are the rifles I use, which ones would goons recommend this mod on?

quote:

Amprex
Baza
Dread
Ignis Wraith
Opticor
Supra Vandal
Tiberon Prime
Vectis Prime

aegof
Mar 2, 2011

hoobajoo posted:

So, I got Argon Scope from the Acolytes a bit back, but I haven't used it because I have no clue what it goes on, and all my weapons already shred dudes. Below are the rifles I use, which ones would goons recommend this mod on?

None of them because Bladed Rounds is better. And I think that's been outclassed by Hunter Munitions.

But of those, I'd only bother lining up headshots with Baza, Dread, Tiberon and Vectis. Maybe Amprex on tough sorties.

j5mello
Jul 23, 2008
Sorry everyone for the delay i went off & did other stuff after posting, and then the weekend ended. I'm USA East and I'll be on tonight. Bold items are still up for grabs. Everyone else I've got you written down.

And for those of you wondering why i'm giving up seemingly meta weapon rivens I'm lazy and generally stick with a loadout. I prefer taking out the weird stuff when I'm helping region chat newbies... or whomever in non-endgame stuff.

Atomos (5 Rolls) = Hobold - is this your IGN?
Despair
Drakgoon =Agymnon
Furax
Hind
Jaw Sword = Hunhutterson......
Krohkur = TsurupettanSA
Nami Solo = Chefbot
Penta = Fauxbot
Scindo = The_Government

Twin Khomak

I'll take junk rivens in return that i can transmute or 5-10 plat depending on how generous/broke you want to be.

Edit: if someone has a Mios riven they dont' wan't i'd gladly take that too, as its my favorite Melee weapon.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
argon scope is only good for selling to dimwitted pubbies. it's pretty good, but not uniquely so and there are better, vastly cheaper alternatives available. however, it features heavily in youtube and reddit builds so it is always in high demand.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer
yeah, I have one and for all the YouTuber hype over it, it sits mostly unused.

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
I love Star Citizen, and all it's craziness
GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA
College Slice

j5mello posted:

IGN volkling

I'm online now, just idling in my orbiter, playing some classic NWN on another screen.

slow_twitch
Sep 21, 2005

j5mello posted:

Sorry everyone for the delay i went off & did other stuff after posting, and then the weekend ended. I'm USA East and I'll be on tonight. Bold items are still up for grabs. Everyone else I've got you written down.

And for those of you wondering why i'm giving up seemingly meta weapon rivens I'm lazy and generally stick with a loadout. I prefer taking out the weird stuff when I'm helping region chat newbies... or whomever in non-endgame stuff.

Despair
Drakgoon =Agymnon
Furax
Hind
Jaw Sword = Hunhutterson......
Krohkur = TsurupettanSA
Nami Solo = Chefbot
Penta = Fauxbot
Scindo = The_Government

Twin Khomak

I'll take junk rivens in return that i can transmute or 5-10 plat depending on how generous/broke you want to be.

Edit: if someone has a Mios riven they dont' wan't i'd gladly take that too, as its my favorite Melee weapon.

I'll take your hind riven, wouldn't mind trying to make something of that gun.

Game name is GhostTrees

Also was thinking of giving away some Rivens too..

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

slow_twitch posted:

I'll take your hind riven, wouldn't mind trying to make something of that gun.

This way lies sorrow.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I'm trying to make this synapse riven work but it's just making me cry.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

Synthbuttrange posted:

I'm trying to make this synapse riven work but it's just making me cry.

Keep trying, I assure you it's worth whatever you endure

Did you know that the Synapse gets a bonus of 20% to all headshot damage? And that headshots (usually) do double damage on top of everything? And that crit-headshots get a further double damage bonus? And that with Argon Scope active this thing has a 150% crit chance? So when I keep this steady just above the shoulders, the weapon is calculating ((297.8+180.5) x (10 x 1.5) x 2 x 2 x 1.2) x 17.4 every second on everything in a straight line.

I call it, "The Cold Equations"

Oh, hey, a use for Argon Scope :v:

Avulsion
Feb 12, 2006
I never knew what hit me

DoombatINC posted:

Keep trying, I assure you it's worth whatever you endure

Did you know that the Synapse gets a bonus of 20% to all headshot damage? And that headshots (usually) do double damage on top of everything? And that crit-headshots get a further double damage bonus? And that with Argon Scope active this thing has a 150% crit chance? So when I keep this steady just above the shoulders, the weapon is calculating ((297.8+180.5) x (10 x 1.5) x 2 x 2 x 1.2) x 17.4 every second on everything in a straight line.

I call it, "The Cold Equations"

Oh, hey, a use for Argon Scope :v:

I've got a godly synapse riven that I never use because that gun is just so boring to use.

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
I love Star Citizen, and all it's craziness
GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA
College Slice
I recently leveled it, and it was rather underwhelming feeling.

Picked up Supra Vandal. Really wish I had prime shred.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
Yeah, I have an insane Synapse riven but that gun has some real lame SFX and VFX.

Still use it for sorties and stuff but.

BeAuMaN
Feb 18, 2014

I'M A LEAD FARMER, MOTHERFUCKER!

I like the Phantasma in theory, but in practice the sound effects suck on it :(

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

The regular shot sounds / feels terrible. The mortar shot is nice and chunky tho

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Bring me the head of Auguste Escoffier.
Was thinking about my next zaw and was wondering (for zaws and all weapons generally): is a crit more desirable than status, all other things being equal? Or is there no real exact way to compare them?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

It depends on the base stats of the weapon. Build for whichever the weapon supports.

wid
Sep 7, 2005
Living in paradise (only bombed once)

Elissimpark posted:

Was thinking about my next zaw and was wondering (for zaws and all weapons generally): is a crit more desirable than status, all other things being equal? Or is there no real exact way to compare them?

From my experience, any enemy below lvl 80 can be destroyed in droves with crit build. Above that, status is better with Condition Overload since the damage ramps up as more hits and status effect registered on the enemy.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Status can be very useful against endgame grineer assuming the statuses in question are corrosive and viral.

You can't have both of those on the same weapon. But what you can do is get a high fire rate, high status primary like Braton Prime, and use it to paint blast and corrosive all over a level 100 Nox or Bombard, until it's knocked over on the floor with no armour left and a few slash procs stacked up as well.

Then you hit it with a Mewan status Zaw with Condition overload for a 60% damage bonus per status active on the target, Viral so that it halves the poor bastard's health, and probably heat so that it gives it another dot to go with the slash bleed as well as a possible panic incapacitation.

Status builds absolutely murder the gently caress out of minibosses. It's the difference between debuffing and straight dps. When you get to the point in the game where you're just doing high plains bounties / sorties / ESO, stripping dat armour and health from enemies becomes a lot more important than raw damage numbers.

BUT (and it's a nezha deluxe sized but), crit still absolutely has its place at endgame, and that place is mooks. No matter how much people theorycraft about armour reduction and viral's importance against minibosses, Warframe is still a game that loves to throw a LOT of mini enemies at you, and having a secondary that can pop crowds (especially on infested missions) is equally as important.

There are also enemies where armour reduction is just impractical. On Eidolons, each of the synovia has its own armour value; and according to terrifyingly long mathposts, stripping too much of the armour actually leads to a net DPS loss because of how radiation damage bonuses work against alloy. Plus you don't really get enough time to build the debuff stacks, so a crit weapon is best there.

A lot of bosses have resistances to certain statuses specifically to stop players from tearing them in half too fast, so all in all, there is no one good answer. It's situational and it depends on your build, and the content you're going for.

Crit is also nice for abilities that work off raw damage - Inaros' 1 heals more based on your damage number, so a fast crit melee weapon is going to make you functionally invincible.

My overall answer would be to build something with a Mewan head for viral / heat / condition overload, and something with a Cyath head for crit, if you're talking about Zaws. In general, try to have one crit weapon and one status weapon if you can.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Bobby Deluxe posted:

Status can be very useful against endgame grineer assuming the statuses in question are corrosive and viral.

You can't have both of those on the same weapon.

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Scourge

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

OK, you can't have it on most guns.

Also I have a new gun I have to build now.

Avulsion
Feb 12, 2006
I never knew what hit me
If you search my posts in this thread you'll find a lot of math about damage multipliers.

Your options at high levels are either to strip armor with corrosive, use Weeping Wounds on a purely IPS weapon that is heavy on slash in order stack bleed procs that ignore armor, or simply use Condition Overload and/or Blood Rush to build up an absurd damage multiplier.

My favorite pure crit zaw is the Big loving Scythe with Exodia Hunt and Tempo Royale, as seen here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FSCGr5RNsZY

Unfortunately it requires a rather pricey Exodia set to make it work.

Next up is a status heavy Plague Zaw with 6x elements and Condition Overload. My favorite is the Plague Kripath polearm, but Melee 3.0 might shake things up and make staves, rapiers, and 1 handed scythes worth using. Take advantage of the event to buy multiples of each strike so you can play around with them.

Finally, the BEST Zaw is the one you have a riven for. With a riven and a few lucky rolls you can build a hybrid crit/status Blood Rush/Condition Overload Zaw which will never be able to realize its full potential because absolutely nothing in the game or simulacrum will survive long enough for you to stack up all the available status effects.

If you're on a budget, just slap Blood Rush, Weeping Wounds and Drifting Contact on something that does a lot of slash damage and then use Naramon to keep your combo multiplier up. That'll get you through 90% of the game's content.

Avulsion fucked around with this message at 11:50 on Sep 25, 2018

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

Flytrap posted:

Oh my God, Mirage Prime is some of the most fun poo poo.

Quick question before I put the work in for it: Hall of Malevolence is the cool and sexy augment for cool and sexy Mirages, right? Gonna wanna max out duration and get that number as high as possible?

Second question, what does Sleight of Hand actually do? I cast it, there's a little ball, but the ball doesn't seem to do anything. The description makes it read like an aggro grabber that explodes when they touch it, but they never seem to notice or touch it.

Hall of Malevolence is cool and good. You probably don't need to max out duration but having a lot of it is rather nice. Without looking I think I have around 200% duration and strength on my Mirage, with maybe a slight hit to efficiency and a bigger hit to range.

Slight of hand is sort of underwhelming, I use it more often to convert corpus door lasers to being friendly traps than anything else. As far as directly effecting enemies that little jewel is suppose to attract dudes and then explode, either doing blast damage and knocking people down if placed in a light are or doing a radial blind when approached if placed in a dark area. It can also convert or booby trap a whole ton of different stuff, lots but not all turrets, lockers, zip lines, ammo health and energy drops, it can make explody barrels explode harder, stuff like that. This turns out to bot be very useful well hall of mirrors lets you throw three times the gun at things. Again I use it, rarely, as more of a convenience thing. You can cast it and shut down corpus cameras and make their laser gates friendly for a time. This tends to make things easier on the pubbies trailing behind me, I guess.

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Good day what ho cup of tea
I finally ground my way to Scattered Justice for the Hek and now everything I click on dies

Morkfang
Dec 9, 2009

I'm awesome.
:smug:

Goa Tse-tung posted:

also in :shobon: newbie news: I finished War Within (boy they really should have told you not to take your levelling melee weapon with you), and all but first level of the Sortie was locked because I never got to that planet lmao

Sorties are three missions and you need to them in order, that's why the second and third always show up as locked. Once you finish the first sortie mission the next one becomes available. Unless it really requires you to have the node unlocked. Even then a clan group should be able to taxi you there.

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

Elissimpark posted:

Both crit and status are capable of great and terrible warcrimes. However Condition Overload is mandatory for a status melee weapon and isn't easy to come by. If you don't have that mod then stick to crit weapons.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

And Tyler Too! posted:

Both crit and status are capable of great and terrible warcrimes. However Condition Overload is mandatory for a status melee weapon and isn't easy to come by. If you don't have that mod then stick to crit weapons.

What does a crit zaw look like, mod-wise? I just built the staff suggested in the pinned messages in Discord as my first ever one, and I've never really understood how to coax actual damage out of melee weapons.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Caryna posted:

Sorties are three missions and you need to them in order, that's why the second and third always show up as locked. Once you finish the first sortie mission the next one becomes available. Unless it really requires you to have the node unlocked. Even then a clan group should be able to taxi you there.

whoa

I guess the only problem would be my relative lack of offense and defense until I grind some more endo to 9- and 10-pip my mods :v:

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010

Goa Tse-tung posted:

whoa

I guess the only problem would be my relative lack of offense and defense until I grind some more endo to 9- and 10-pip my mods :v:

If you manage to avoid getting downed most of the time, you’ll be ahead of 70% pubs. My big regret for sorties was that I didn’t start doing them sooner out of fear of being underpowered. Just do them.

Edit: also, be better than pubs by not Kramering into every spy room and setting off all the alarms. If someone’s already in there, leave them the gently caress alone.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Also also, be better than pubs by running Corpro. :v:

gaj70
Jan 26, 2013

FunkyFjord posted:

Slight of hand is sort of underwhelming, I use it more often to convert corpus door lasers to being friendly traps than anything else.

Out of curiosity, does that work in spy rooms i.e., Mirage can just ignore lasers like limbo does?

necrobobsledder
Mar 21, 2005
Lay down your soul to the gods rock 'n roll
Nap Ghost
The only time I don’t run CP is for Spy missions. That’s literally it. It’s better to lose 10 mod energy over use of the wrong polarity aura than to not use CP. The assholes using Steel Charge to fit Umbral mods can go gently caress off and stay in the Simulacrum.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

necrobobsledder posted:

The only time I don’t run CP is for Spy missions. That’s literally it. It’s better to lose 10 mod energy over use of the wrong polarity aura than to not use CP. The assholes using Steel Charge to fit Umbral mods can go gently caress off and stay in the Simulacrum.

Amen.

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Good day what ho cup of tea

necrobobsledder posted:

i have 135 hours in this game and understand none of this post

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fruity20
Jul 28, 2018

Do you believe in magic, Tenno?
news from a noob:

• still grinding for ultimately nothing
  • missions in the void are hella hard
  • i'm maining mirage now. heard good things about her prime counterpart. shame she might get vaulted someday (or maybe she already is who knows).
  • got prime parts but no one to sell to (i don't got any complete sets so maybe i might do that)
  • been meaning to do the the sacrifice quest any moment now. Still void missions keep kicking my rear end.
  • where the f##k can you get neo void ball things?!
  • stuck at mastery rank 6. my goal is to reach MR 8 and devote research to getting lenz for my mirage.
  • DE, you can have my money soon but not until my allowance or payroll.. (I want to make my mirage purple and the only palettes that go by credits are the holiday ones and baro ti'keer palettes. good thing I stocked up on meaningless prime parts).

that has been news from a noob. how's everyone else.