Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Does it come with the Horny Mushroom Amiibo or do I have to buy that separate?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Mega64 posted:

Great, now I want to gently caress a piano.

Sure, :airquote: now :airquote:

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Jade Mage posted:

Gotta say, after the threads recommendation me and a friend played Tecmo bowl, neither of us know the rules of foot ball or have watched a game of it in it's entirety.

That is a very good and fun game, drat.

Ban Bo Jackson and QB Eagles or watch your friendship be torn asunder.

Det_no
Oct 24, 2003
Sir, that piano looks like it only plays minor scales. Please step away from the computer with your hands up.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Consummate Professional posted:

I really tried but could not get into pocket camp

I probably put in like 40 hours over a couple months before I got bored. Which is pretty good for a free game I spent no money on.

Spellman
May 31, 2011

It became more of a cash-grab than anyone could've predicted once they introduced gardening. If you play AC, you're likely a collector, so having an entire set dedicated to Rover gated behind catching currency-butterflies with an extremely non-generous RNG, offering a paid solution was going too far

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Whoa. There are some big hitters on this list that could potentially get made for the switch, and if they’re publishing this list hopefully that means they have gotten Dreamcast games running on switch

https://mynintendonews.com/2018/09/22/sega-ages-virtua-racing-coming-to-nintendo-switch-and-most-wanted-title-revealed/

nice, panzer dragoon. wanna get some rail shooters on this thing

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004

Spellman posted:

It became more of a cash-grab than anyone could've predicted once they introduced gardening. If you play AC, you're likely a collector, so having an entire set dedicated to Rover gated behind catching currency-butterflies with an extremely non-generous RNG, offering a paid solution was going too far

I had everything but bailed the second they introduced loot crate fortune cookies. That was the first thing basically impossible to get without paying for them.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

quote:

The Walking Dead: The Final Season is in a state of flux at the moment. The first episode arrived as planned on August 14, with the next episode scheduled for tomorrow. But due to the closure of Telltale Games, the rest of the season has been up in the air.

Telltale doesn’t want to make any promises, but the studio just said on Twitter that the company is “actively working towards a solution that will allow episodes 3 and 4 to be completed and released in some form.” This was after various “potential partners have stepped forward to express interest in helping to see The Final Season through to completion.”

You guys know what that means, don't you? The last episodes of The Walking Dead will be made by Platinum.

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

Al Borland Korn posted:

Why would anyone ever buy an NBA 2k game

They haven't put Double Dribble on the Switch yet so people make do.

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

Guy Goodbody posted:

You guys know what that means, don't you? The last episodes of The Walking Dead will be made by Platinum.

https://twitter.com/LukePlunkett/status/1044404218973450240

Get hosed with this poo poo, Telltale, basically.

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007
Best thing about Dragon Quest XI? In five minutes you're actually playing the game. In thirty minutes you've got your horse and are on the road.

Worst thing about Dragon Quest XI? They understand modern save systems like Nintendo understand online. Hours between autosaves, otherwise save at shrine or church. I understand even with that space between them they thought the autosaves were a QoL addition. Ridiculous, especially on PC or a mobile system.

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

hours between autosaves??? you should get your copy checked out because mine autosaves basically every room transition.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Knorth posted:

https://twitter.com/LukePlunkett/status/1044404218973450240

Get hosed with this poo poo, Telltale, basically.

As much as I’d like to see it completed, I’d feel super gross playing it if they don’t bring back the original staff to finish it.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I got a quick Torna question. In Xenbolade Chronicles 2, a lot of sidequests turned out to be pretty long, involved affairs with multiple steps that sent you back and forth across the whole map. Does Torna do that too?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Guy Goodbody posted:

I got a quick Torna question. In Xenbolade Chronicles 2, a lot of sidequests turned out to be pretty long, involved affairs with multiple steps that sent you back and forth across the whole map. Does Torna do that too?

Sidequests are massively better paced than the base game, also are required to progress the story.

Be advised, side-quests don't carry over to NG+ so if you're planning to do an NG+ run, don't feel like you need to do all the side-quests or else you'll burn out doing them the second go round. Conversely, if you plan to finish them all int he first go round understand to get the final reward (it isn't much of one, but exists and is sad) you need to do all the sidequests, the last of which requires you to kill a level 100 superboss which if you're on the first go round you'll have to fight without the new gear and driver affinities NG+ unlocks.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Thanks for the heads up

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I asked awhile back but figured I'd ask again- does Capcom ever try to fix their online? I'm probably just gonna get the PS4 version of the Beat Em Up Bundle but would be good to know

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

baram. posted:

hours between autosaves??? you should get your copy checked out because mine autosaves basically every room transition.

Yeah the manual save is there in case you get stuck in a situation and need to dig for a farther back save, but autosaves are plentiful

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Imagined posted:

Best thing about Dragon Quest XI? In five minutes you're actually playing the game. In thirty minutes you've got your horse and are on the road.

Worst thing about Dragon Quest XI? They understand modern save systems like Nintendo understand online. Hours between autosaves, otherwise save at shrine or church. I understand even with that space between them they thought the autosaves were a QoL addition. Ridiculous, especially on PC or a mobile system.

Is it still horrifically grindy like its predecessors?

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
Was about to download a new fan roster for NBA 2k18. I can no longer do this without a Nintendo Network subscription. Still going to wait until Smash Bros to get Nintendo Network.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

Barudak posted:

Sidequests are massively better paced than the base game, also are required to progress the story.

Be advised, side-quests don't carry over to NG+ so if you're planning to do an NG+ run, don't feel like you need to do all the side-quests or else you'll burn out doing them the second go round. Conversely, if you plan to finish them all int he first go round understand to get the final reward (it isn't much of one, but exists and is sad) you need to do all the sidequests, the last of which requires you to kill a level 100 superboss which if you're on the first go round you'll have to fight without the new gear and driver affinities NG+ unlocks.

Yeah this. Some of Torna's quests have multiple parts, but it stops short of getting annoying. Mostly if I hit a wall in a sidequest I just bookmark it and come back to it later. 15 hours in right now, I think I'll probably get another 10~ out of Torna before I put it down. It's seriously the best value I've ever gotten out of a season pass.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

Mister Facetious posted:

Is it still horrifically grindy like its predecessors?

There’s a little grind but you can kind of push the gas to skip past it or hit the brakes to level up if you think you jumped too far forward

No long stretches where you need to grind a whole lot, just a little between each major story beat

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

Spacebump posted:

Was about to download a new fan roster for NBA 2k18. I can no longer do this without a Nintendo Network subscription. Still going to wait until Smash Bros to get Nintendo Network.

Any reason not to pick up 2k17 if I am a sad Cavs fan? It’s cheap as hell now, and didn’t know if there were some huge quality of life issues they improved on?

Castor Poe
Jul 19, 2010

Jar Jar is the key to all of this.
The last level of Double Dragon is the biggest pile of bullshit I've ever seen.

strategery
Apr 21, 2004
I come to you baring a gift. Its in my diper and its not a toaster.
Finally beat Hollow Knight. Took 50 hours. Beat metroidvania ever made.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Castor Poe posted:

The last level of Double Dragon is the biggest pile of bullshit I've ever seen.

Wait until you do the platforming in Double Dragon 2... :suicide:

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Steve Yun posted:

There’s a little grind but you can kind of push the gas to skip past it or hit the brakes to level up if you think you jumped too far forward

No long stretches where you need to grind a whole lot, just a little between each major story beat

I’m pretty far and I haven’t seen absolutely any reason to grind and I’m a serial fight skipper too.

The game is kind of easy as it is too.

Andrast fucked around with this message at 04:20 on Sep 25, 2018

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
They should make a game called Super Metroidvania: SotN.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

https://twitter.com/sodeshita/status/1044111667120955392?s=21

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

American McGay posted:

I'm currently in a 80 minute run with about 100 power ups and the stress you feel when going deep into mobs greedy for one more power up and you watch your life bar drop is awesome.
I think I have a problem.

https://twitter.com/zh_switch/status/1044425355321208833?s=21

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Snowmankilla posted:

Any reason not to pick up 2k17 if I am a sad Cavs fan? It’s cheap as hell now, and didn’t know if there were some huge quality of life issues they improved on?

I think NBA 2k18 is the first Switch version. The one that just recently came out is NBA 2k19. I think 2k18 is a great purchase especially for how cheap it is now. Some of the modes are filled with micro transactions. However, those aren't the modes I play. I mainly play exhibition games with friends or the myGM/myLeague modes. Those modes are great for a portable system.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat

Andrast posted:

I’m pretty far and I haven’t seen absolutely any reason to grind and I’m a serial fight skipper too.

The game is kind of easy as it is too.

Like, the most I’ve ever had to grind so far is just one level each for a couple bosses

Also the other features of the game are extremely well tuned so that they match how far you are in the game. When you get to a new area, all the weapons you can buy feel just right for the monsters you encounter there. The recipes you find there will let you forge things and the forging difficulty will always be just on the edge of being a decent challenge for your level. It’s so finely coordinated, unlike Yakuza Kiwami and Kiwami 2 where powers you got were often way too strong or too weak or difficulty levels had huge spikes or long boring plateaus.

Steve Yun fucked around with this message at 04:46 on Sep 25, 2018

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

CharlestheHammer posted:

Can’t wait until the 90s get popular.

Bringing back Jorts

When did jorts ever go away?

Sakurazuka posted:

If you want to play videogame basketball there isn't much other choice?

Find an N64 and a copy of NBA Hang Time instead. Or NBA Jam though it lacks Team Fire and character customization.

pixaal posted:

Even more dumb, by being on a family plan and not the owner they owner can lock you out of your account and limit your play time since you are their "child", since that's how it's setup. Nintendo is extremely petty about this poo poo, I'd see them just ban everyone's account (losing all purchased titles) if you attempted to dispute a family account that wasn't an actual family. Nintendo has never done anything right with online.

Nintendo banning a family account used in this fashion is the right course of action. Just like most game companies will ban you if you contact them complaining that your game account you keep sharing with friends is missing stuff.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Dark Souls is basically Monster Hunter If MH had good combat.

Show us on the shredded doll where the Deviljho touched you.

MHW's combat is hands down more enjoyable than Dark Souls.

Imagined posted:

The game saves at every map transition and load screen. You have to spend hours on end in a single area to go hours without an auto save.

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Modus Pwnens posted:

I had everything but bailed the second they introduced loot crate fortune cookies. That was the first thing basically impossible to get without paying for them.

Yea, they even somehow repelled its most ardent fans

I thought the app was pretty fun in the beginning, love the mechanics whom upgrade your camper

psylent
Nov 29, 2000

Pillbug
drat. The right power-up combo can make this game a lot of fun.

I'm going to bring mine into work with me so I can play it on my lunch break.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Is there a release date for dqxi? I'd much rather play on handheld

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
A release date for Switch JP hasn’t even been announced other than “definitely not 2018” so the US version isn’t coming any time soon either

It sounds like the 3DS version isn’t coming to the US at all

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Switch L/R Red Joy-Con pair are part of Best Buy's deal of the day today.

Save...

$5

wow

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Castor Poe
Jul 19, 2010

Jar Jar is the key to all of this.

Mister Facetious posted:

Wait until you do the platforming in Double Dragon 2... :suicide:

I've played the poo poo out of DD2 back in the day and honestly, as bad as it is, I never had any issues with the infamous Mega Man section and its disappearing blocks.

The last level of DD1 feels like the level designers all got served divorce papers the morning they started working on it.

• Locked thread