Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Natural 20 posted:

You have my point in one.

There are a lot of very strong green and blue fliers at 4* rarity as well as GHB units.

The 4* fliers are usually pretty niche though. Subaki and Beruka are defensive pivots. Shigure is kind of a weird jack of all trades that can do almost anything well.

The only real 'offensive' flier that manages to make a mark is Cordelia, since Est and Shanna have flaws in one or two areas that stop them from really excelling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

ApplesandOranges posted:

The 4* fliers are usually pretty niche though. Subaki and Beruka are defensive pivots. Shigure is kind of a weird jack of all trades that can do almost anything well.

The only real 'offensive' flier that manages to make a mark is Cordelia, since Est and Shanna have flaws in one or two areas that stop them from really excelling.

Shigure is Cordelia with -2 ATK and +2 SPD though (and more def). He’s great.

Edit: oops I read that as “can’t do anything well”. You actually kind of agree with me.

Andrast fucked around with this message at 10:49 on Sep 25, 2018

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
I really wish IS would open up another row of bonus units for arena. We're far enough along now that the roster's big enough for it, and it might make match-ups a bit more interesting.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I need more Shigures

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø
Speaking of fliers, I actually had a flier team with Nino ruin fight 5/5 in my late arena run. Wasnt paying much attention and suddenly ATiki was gibbed. They even got another while I was trying to clear up the mess. Probably Tailtiu dragging my score low enough for that to happen, looking forward to Laevaweeks.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Laegarn with double tactics, deflect melee, and Sol is so dumb. I hope there's something good in the colorless pool for this month's legendary banner cause I want attack tactic to make her even strongee.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Figures after the massive failure with cl2, I get hector and ephraim shortly after.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

ApplesandOranges posted:

I mean offensive blue has Cordelia, Shigure and Clair. The former two have tremendous offensive stats and the latter a really powerful PRF.

Offensive green runs around with Camilla and Cherche, the former being one of the best mixed units in flier emblem and the latter being one of the most powerful offensive units in the game.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Natural 20 posted:

I mean offensive blue has Cordelia, Shigure and Clair. The former two have tremendous offensive stats and the latter a really powerful PRF.

Offensive green runs around with Camilla and Cherche, the former being one of the best mixed units in flier emblem and the latter being one of the most powerful offensive units in the game.

Yeah green and blue have at least two great 4* options for investing in and plenty of mediocre ones if you want to be less cookie cutter (Est, Valter, Beruka, etc)

Red on the other hand has just Caeda and then Palla if you go to the mediocre ones

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Man, my Ophelia-themed magic-focused arena team gave me an easier time getting through 5 deathless matches than I've had in a while. Tiki/Ophelia/WTharja/HHenry is a good team which I'd recommend :toot:

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

Andrast posted:

Yeah green and blue have at least two great 4* options for investing in and plenty of mediocre ones if you want to be less cookie cutter (Est, Valter, Beruka, etc)

Red on the other hand has just Caeda and then Palla if you go to the mediocre ones

You rang?

Here is where I would attach a screenshot of my Palla, but I don't have my phone and she's far from finished anyway.

I do have a laegjarn waiting in the wings to feed to her once ive farmed her for some HM in RD this week. I love when this game gives me coffee units with bad IVs so I don't care about sacrificing them.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

My free summon didn't give me any greens so no Giga Nino for me. :(

I picked a red because I desperately need more Eirikas. I got a Fir. Bah. I need just three more Eirikas and I have nearly enough feathers on hand to finish her outright if I just had more of her!

Speaking of Eirika, my god she is just disgusting. I had a super easy time in Arena with Fjorm. Between the bonus unit buffs and Eirika doing what she does, I had no trouble feeding her kills. And of course Eirika herself is no slouch. Chill Spd a Giga Nino and then not care because she one-shots her on the counter. Chill Spd a Lewyn and then sort of care because now he can only attack her once, then one-shot him on the counter. She is nuts! I'm loving it, mwahahaha.

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

Sorry if this has already been asked/mentioned ingame somewhere: will the Muspell generals be permanently added to the pool of summonable heroes, or is this one banner the only time to get em

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)

Lube Enthusiast posted:

Sorry if this has already been asked/mentioned ingame somewhere: will the Muspell generals be permanently added to the pool of summonable heroes, or is this one banner the only time to get em

permanent

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

Cool, ta

golden bubble
Jun 3, 2011

yospos

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.

Ike posted:

Look...would you mind rejoining the enemy?

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
It's weird how consistently good that comic is :psyduck:

I'm at 109,000 feathers now, I'm gonna have an awesome head start on my next merge project as soon as I draw my last Fir. I'm kinda holding back on playing the game a whole lot and saving feathers until that happens. I'm not gonna +10 another red so soon, and Veronica is my pie-in-the-sky long term 5* exclusive project, so that leaves blue and green. Likely candidates:

Blue
Mae- I already have a built +spd bladetome Mae with Life and Death/Desperation. 4 possible additional merges.
Reinhardt- Already have a +1 merge, 3 more possible.
Effie-Already have one fully built, 3 more possible.
Oboro- Literally my first 5* promotion. Bad IV's cuz I didn't know what the gently caress, doo-doo build. 5 possible additional merges.

Green
Raven- I have 2 5*'s, 2 more 4*'s
Fae- Already have a kinda lazily built 5*. 6 possible additional merges. But...what about Nah???
Nino- Have a 5*, 6 additional merges

I also have a built 5* a!tiki and 10 possible additional merges, but I'm putting that on hold for a bit.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Mae would be an unusual +10 for sure

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
I'm kinda leaning toward Mae, yeah. She'd be fun on a team with Laevatein with somebody buffing the two of them to the sky.

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
I have 400k feathers but the game refuses to give me a good bonus arena unit to invest into

In the mean time I've just been making a mega-Cherche but am stalled at +6 until I get more

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Centzon Totochtin posted:

I have 400k feathers but the game refuses to give me a good bonus arena unit to invest into

In the mean time I've just been making a mega-Cherche but am stalled at +6 until I get more

Spend 200k of them on a kickass lilina imo

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009

cheetah7071 posted:

Spend 200k of them on a kickass lilina imo

https://twitter.com/dril/status/922321981?lang=en

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Why does it need to be an arena bonus unit?

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Just get 10 different merge projects like I did so you will never have enough feathers

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009

Andrast posted:

Why does it need to be an arena bonus unit?

All my other passion projects are either already done or 5* exclusive

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

All my other passion projects are either already done or 5* exclusive

get new ones

ChiTownEddie
Mar 26, 2010

Awesome beer, no pants.
Join the Legion.

Andrast posted:

Just get 10 different merge projects like I did so you will never have enough feathers

I didn't realize there was any other way.

I've almost completed one of them now! But time to start another. I am thinking Fae just because of availability.

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
after 35 swords, I got a 3718 in arena. when i got 3733 two weeks ago that was pretty safe for a crown but this is a fair bit lower so who knows.

http://www.arcticsilverfox.com/score_calc/ seems to be a bit off because I only got scores between 724 and 738 (a single 738 in over 100 matches, too many 724s to count), 2 lower than the calculated range should have been.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Onmi posted:

N-No, I wanted Helbindi, I got the sisters instead.

my free pull on this banner was sumia.

again.

like what's the chances that your last two 5*s in a row are the same useless loving off-banner unit

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Sumia isn't remarkable but she's far from useless

stratego
May 6, 2007

I want to again counter the talk of good free rolls and say I got the three star axe reposition man.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

The White Dragon posted:

my free pull on this banner was sumia.

again.

like what's the chances that your last two 5*s in a row are the same useless loving off-banner unit

I don't think I've drawn two of the same pity breakers in a row before, but for for me vanilla Marth pops up weirdly frequently. I have a +3 Marth, all from pity breakers in the most crowded 5* pool in the game.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

stratego posted:

I want to again counter the talk of good free rolls and say I got the three star axe reposition man.

i would trade 5* sumia for 3* barst in a heartbeat

between reposition and a link b-skill, guess which one i'll actually ever use

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

THE loving MOON posted:

I don't think I've drawn two of the same pity breakers in a row before, but for for me vanilla Marth pops up weirdly frequently. I have a +3 Marth, all from pity breakers in the most crowded 5* pool in the game.

Fortunately you can’t be pitybroken by him anymore

He also owns, you should +10 him

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

Andrast posted:

Fortunately you can’t be pitybroken by him anymore

He also owns, you should +10 him

Yeah, he's not bad at all. But I'm lousy with swordlords soooo

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

The White Dragon posted:

i would trade 5* sumia for 3* barst in a heartbeat

between reposition and a link b-skill, guess which one i'll actually ever use

You do realize that Sumia has reposition too, right?

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

I assume you mean an armor?

What I've been thinking I'll do is multimerge all the GHB units so that I always have a +4ish bonus unit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

THE loving MOON posted:

Yeah, he's not bad at all. But I'm lousy with swordlords soooo

He’s a swordlord only by technicality. His main function is to be king buffbot.