Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice

Inspector_666 posted:

DFA Severino, did you see how he gave up a run?!

I threw my TV out the window after he walked the first batter on four pitches. That’s not how big leaguers pitch, and furthermore

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
For real though, Sheff got into some trouble last night (and got a bit squeezed) but his reaction after he got out of the jam is so good and I <3 him.

https://twitter.com/Jomboy_/status/1042602013459185664

I also loved how Gary practically picked Britton up off the ground while hugging him on Tuesday night.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Lumpy posted:

Guys, if we only look at the at-bats where our hitters didn’t get on base, you’ll see that we really lost that game 1-0 and you should be furious.

We have 3 more days without McMagic please do not ruin it

Monday_
Feb 18, 2006

Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise.
The Great Twist
We only won one game last night. Completely unacceptable.

Pancakes
May 21, 2001

Crypto-Rump Roast

humpthewind posted:

Voit is fun.

Please treat our Large Adult Son well.

ihatepants
Nov 5, 2011

Let the burning of pants commence. These things drive me nuts.

I see the defense at 3B and C are still a garbage fire.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
What has Gary messed up tonight exactly?

Well Played Mauer
Jun 1, 2003

We'll always have Cabo
Sanchez has actually looked good this series so far. Seems like his approach at the plate is a little better, too.

This nine hour game notwithstanding they've looked really good this series.

Well Played Mauer
Jun 1, 2003

We'll always have Cabo
Why do I say nice things

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Inspector_666 posted:

What has Gary messed up tonight exactly?

Failed to throw out JD "Wheels" Martinez.

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice

Salvor_Hardin posted:

Failed to throw out JD "Wheels" Martinez.

When the batter steps in front of the plate to get in your way it's a tough play, so we'll give him a pass on that one.

Well Played Mauer
Jun 1, 2003

We'll always have Cabo
Beat a AAA team. Mcmagic is on probation. Coincidence?

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Kim Jong Il posted:

Andujar is literally indefensible!

He's been their most consistent player since he came up...

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
All that matters right now is

https://twitter.com/TorresGleyber/status/1043679584737288192?s=19

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

If they win on Oct 3, Nothing else that happened this season matters.

humpthewind
Jan 8, 2007

Noblest of all dogs is the hot-dog; it feeds the hand that bites it.
AJ Cole needs to go away. Far, far away

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

They really do deserve to have to play the WC game in Oakland.

https://twitter.com/BryanHoch/status/1043963850318663685

UGH

mcmagic fucked around with this message at 21:43 on Sep 23, 2018

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
The world is a gently caress.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

didi is dead, time for some blood sacrifice

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

That’s really lovely. At least Judge is healthy.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Happy Bullpen Day Everyone!!!!!

Well Played Mauer
Jun 1, 2003

We'll always have Cabo
Not gonna lie it's pretty fun

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

thread's pretty quiet, Yanks must have won

today's bullpenning effort was really good, shout out to Gardner for basically saving the game with that awesome catch in dead center

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007

Carlosologist posted:

today's bullpenning effort was really good, shout out to Gardner for basically saving the game with that awesome catch in dead center

I feel like its something that was mentioned on commentary by kay but that is the way they intend to pitch in the playoffs. everyone playing short games so we have a battalion of arms to use at any time.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
I am a fan of Kevin Cash saying the Yankees didn't have a "Bullpen Day," they had a "Closer Day."

Tarpley was a bubble 40-man candidate for this winter (I think he'll be Rule 5 eligible and will absolutely get taken) and I think he's making a pretty good case to be added right now.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

I can already tell that Andujar is going to be jipped out of the ROTY.

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice

Carlosologist posted:

I'm sick so I went to bed in the 8th, but I saw that catch and hot drat was it a good one. Any word on Hicks? When I saw him run to 1st I told my daughter "He's hurt. He won't say anything but he just hurt himself" and I further cemented her mistaken opinion that I am an all-knowing genius when he left the game.

Bullpen / Closer Day was interesting... we found a way to get Sonny some wins! :v:

E: I think Gray only getting an inning or two, and knowing that ahead of time, would do wonders for him. I genuinely like him, and hope he can have some success somehow with the Yanks. From my armchair, it seems like knowing he only has to face X batters and he's done lets him free himself up mentally and just attack the zone and be more aggressive.

Lumpy fucked around with this message at 16:10 on Sep 25, 2018

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Lumpy posted:

I'm sick so I went to bed in the 8th, but I saw that catch and hot drat was it a good one. Any word on Hicks? When I saw him run to 1st I told my daughter "He's hurt. He won't say anything but he just hurt himself" and I further cemented her mistaken opinion that I am an all-knowing genius when he left the game.

Hicks says he should be back in a couple of days and the pull was mostly precautionary, but it's a hammy issue so I assume he'll never play again.

NiceGuy
Dec 13, 2006

This is my BOOMSTICK
College Slice

mcmagic posted:

Ohtani is a better hitter, pitcher and fielder than Andujar though :confused:

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice

NiceGuy posted:

Ohtani is a better hitter, pitcher and fielder than Andujar though :confused:

How can you possibly say that? Andujar may have an amazing slider we've never seen!

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

mcmagic posted:

Hey in case you aren't aware this is a lovely term to use, bad spelling notwithstanding.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Salvor_Hardin posted:

Hey in case you aren't aware this is a lovely term to use, bad spelling notwithstanding.

Forget it man, it’s mcmagic

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Carlosologist posted:

Forget it man, it’s mcmagic

some people are lost causes

Monday_
Feb 18, 2006

Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise.
The Great Twist
Perhaps you haven't seen why mcmagic was on probation.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Monday_ posted:

Perhaps you haven't seen why mcmagic was on probation.

I keep getting probated for saying true stuff. It is what it is.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

mcmagic posted:

I keep getting probated for saying true stuff. It is what it is.

:yikes:

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice

A reminder to the rest of the thread:

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I put mcmagic on ignore a few weeks ago and this thread went from super negative and annoying to read, to pleasant and easygoing. I recommend you all do the same.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Is Gary alive?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kim Jong Il
Aug 16, 2003

mcmagic posted:

He's been their most consistent player since he came up...

At not having range on defense.

(Consistent is a dumb weasel word for high batting average, which is all you care about.)

mcmagic posted:

Way to racist, and Gleyber is clearly better.

• Locked thread