Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

God the notifications are SO loving annoying. Yeah you can swipe it away, but the next 200 roll in right afterward, constantly covering up buttons I want to push. What a god-awful UI design.

I honestly don't give 2 shits on how many items my friends got from the gift I sent them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013
This is only a partial solution, but if you tap the Pokeball, then hit the News page to Notifications, they get marked as read and the flood of notifications stops.

Oyster
Nov 11, 2005

I GOT FLAT FEET JUST LIKE MY HERO MEGAMAN
Total Clam

doingitwrong posted:

This is only a partial solution, but if you tap the Pokeball, then hit the News page to Notifications, they get marked as read and the flood of notifications stops.

You can also tap a notification to jump straight to that screen with the same effect.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

FistEnergy posted:

yooooo I just hatched a Chimecho and I've never even heard of it but apparently I just won the egg lottery

Congrats, it's the rarest species in 10km eggs! It's also extremely rare in the wild.

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013

Oyster posted:

You can also tap a notification to jump straight to that screen with the same effect.

That is a MUCH better partial solution.

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum

Entropist posted:

It's a glitch, that video was generated by a rogue neural network and uploaded by accident. They meant to introduce Kecleon.

Actually if you idiots read my meticulously sourced post you'll find it was actually meant to be a reveal for Chatot

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

I forget Chimecho is in this game all the time since it's so stupidly rare, but hey, if Chingling becomes common enough in eggs (unlikely since saturation is something that's only gonna get worse), then that'll be how I eventually get one.

put both hands in
Nov 28, 2007

:swoon:FYFE:swoon:
I've hatched one Chimecho, didn't realise it was so rare. Like i've only hatched one Chansey, as a point of comparison (one day I'll get a Blissey and I'll get to enjoy other people getting annoyed with fighting it in gyms :argh: )

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I've found one Chimecho in the wild

LumpyGumby
Feb 22, 2012

"Here's the world famous hockey player sitting in the penalty box for slashing..."
-Snoopy Brown
42g - 65a - 107pts
106gp - 317PIMS
Huh, realize Chimeco was so rare, I've got one I hatched and one I found.

Trade bait!

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I've caught two Hitmonlee today so that's pretty cool

Oyster
Nov 11, 2005

I GOT FLAT FEET JUST LIKE MY HERO MEGAMAN
Total Clam

LumpyGumby posted:

Huh, realize Chimeco was so rare, I've got one I hatched and one I found.

Trade bait!

Chimecho's claim to fame is that you get 1,000 dust when you catch it. It's rare and has that bonus for.....some reason.

GPTribefan
Jul 2, 2007
Something witty yet inspirational about the Cleveland Indians

Oyster posted:

Chimecho's claim to fame is that you get 1,000 dust when you catch it. It's rare and has that bonus for.....some reason.

I’ve inexplicably hatched 3 in the last 6 weeks, but I’ve never seen one in the wild. As a matter of fact, no one in any of the Facebook groups I’m in and no one I talk to locally has ever seen one in the wild. I think I might have the ultimate trade bait!!!

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
My Go-tcha is behaving kind of strangely lately. When I disable “Pokémon notifications” it spins stops instantly. But when I enable it, it takes a good 30+ seconds to spin a stop even when there are no Pokémon around.

Any ideas what I’ve got messed up? Settings in the config app are correct and I’ve tried ejecting/un-pairing and re-pairing it.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
I just hatched another Trapinch. Excellent....

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
How rare is Togepi and Togetic from 2km eggs? I think I've hatched everything except for them

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

pubic works project posted:

I just hatched another Trapinch. Excellent....

I’ve got a half dozen Tauros so far.

I live in Canada. :sigh: Just want one drat Mr Mime.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

bowmore posted:

How rare is Togepi and Togetic from 2km eggs? I think I've hatched everything except for them

I've hatched 3, but it's been a while since my last.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
Hatched 2 Mimes. Friend is getting one because why not?

Patiently waiting for October 1. I want a new Spinda!

Beastyfella
Mar 5, 2008

I have lost all powers of reading comprehension and counting ability hours ago
I hope they have another boss besides mewtwo for tier 5. We're getting some newer raiders to power up their good counters, but most people won't even try it unless they have a group of 6 or more.

I'm really hoping they don't decide to buff hp for everything, as their answer to power creep.

Untrustable
Mar 17, 2009

Lump me in with the "didn't know chimecho was rare" crowd. I've had one just sitting around since I hatched it.

Froist
Jun 6, 2004

It took me ages to hatch a Chimecho, then I hatched another two in the next week or so. I’m still trying to get a Smoochum and Magby though, I swear they don’t exist :(

Dragonstoned
Jan 15, 2006

MR. DOG WITH BEES IN HIS MOUTH AND WHEN HE BARKS HE SHOOTS BEES AT YOU
by Roger Hargreaves

I wish I knew it was super rare before I transfered one a while back, but just checking now I do have 2 so I must have hatched 3 in total.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

I also just hatched a Chimechoo...

Beastyfella
Mar 5, 2008

Is there any difference in getting a gotcha from GameStop instead of direct from code junkies? Not sure how long delivery would take if I got it from the source and I'll be out of town next week

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Beastyfella posted:

Is there any difference in getting a gotcha from GameStop instead of direct from code junkies? Not sure how long delivery would take if I got it from the source and I'll be out of town next week

GameStop is like $5-10 more expensive I believe. I went with GS just so I could pick it up on my lunch break.

Zombie Dachshund
Feb 26, 2016

Beastyfella posted:

I had a gotcha break within 72 hours of buying it; I was able to return it to GameStop and get a replacement easily. So that’s an advantage.

(I’ve had my second for a couple of weeks and it’s starting to act weird. I don’t know whether it’s poorly made or if I’m unlucky, but I’m glad I saved my receipt.)

Beastyfella
Mar 5, 2008

Guess I know where I'm going today then. Seems like the return policy there us fairly good I guess.

runawayturtles
Aug 2, 2004
One hour till I lucky egg my first three best friends... :homebrew:

Mykroft
Aug 25, 2005

Dinosaur Gum
Phew, finally got my Kanga and hit 151 on my Kanto dex. Glad to not need to worry so much about eggs for the next couple of days.

Unsinkabear
Jun 8, 2013

Ensign, raise the beariscope.

Oh sweet there's a thread for this dumb game I love/hate. What's a gotcha?

Beastyfella
Mar 5, 2008

It's like a go+, where it will spin stops and catch Pokemon. The difference is that it will automatically do these two things if you want it to. It's the same software running on a knockoff Fitbit body. Get it from code junkies or GameStop. Any other ones are buy at your own peril and may be a knock off and not work.

empty baggie
Oct 22, 2003

I had a feeling chimechos were somewhat rare, but I’ve hatched two so I didn’t think they were that special.

Vegastar
Jan 2, 2005

Tigers will do anything for a tuna sandwich.

empty baggie posted:

I had a feeling chimechos were somewhat rare, but I’ve hatched two so I didn’t think they were that special.

https://pokemongolive.com/events/community-day/

Hell yeah it's motherfuckin' Meteor Mash Metagross and 1/4 egg distance.

EDIT: In-game announcement specifically says you can get the move for an hour after the event ends, too. It's about goddamned time.

Vegastar fucked around with this message at 21:24 on Sep 26, 2018

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
Hell yeah robo dick day. They even posted a pic of it in a cave, little too on the nose there Niantic.

I need to trAde for my special research. Anyone want to explain this for a dumb, friendless rear end in a top hat?

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

Such graceful, delicate creatures.

Zombie Dachshund posted:

I had a gotcha break within 72 hours of buying it; I was able to return it to GameStop and get a replacement easily. So that’s an advantage.

(I’ve had my second for a couple of weeks and it’s starting to act weird. I don’t know whether it’s poorly made or if I’m unlucky, but I’m glad I saved my receipt.)

I did have one glitch in mine where it stopped being able to pair with anything (I was switching it between my phone and iPad for a while). Letting the battery drain completely cleared out whatever pairing was messing it up, and it's worked fine since. I got mine direct when it first launched, so it's seen a lot of use and has otherwise been Ok.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

Vegastar posted:

https://pokemongolive.com/events/community-day/

Hell yeah it's motherfuckin' Meteor Mash Metagross and 1/4 egg distance.

EDIT: In-game announcement specifically says you can get the move for an hour after the event ends, too. It's about goddamned time.

Gengar is still tops on my wish list for Community Day, but failing that I'm sooooooooo down for Metagross.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

beldum was already known through datamining but either way this is the best community day as far as useful pokemon are concerned in quite a while. plus shiny metagross is fuckin baller as hell.

after cyndaquil in november, i hope they do bagon for december, if only because that fuckin thing is rarer than gold dust for me. i've only hatched one and caught two in the wild since gen 3 was introduced.

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe
yep I still don't have bagon fully evolved either

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
We are probably gonna get feebas day aren't we?

Also, we are probably gonna have Meteor Mash as a special move which I'm gonna guess will be a 2 bar 90 dps attack.

• Locked thread