Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I’ve also heard it’s pretty decent. Boruto I mean.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Leal posted:

Wait Boruto is a real thing/ That wasn't an internet meme?

Yes. It started out as an "And the adventure continues..." epilogue to the original manga, and then Masashi Kishimoto was kind of forced to grudgingly make it a real thing when the internet started screaming for it unironically.

Kim Justice
Jan 29, 2007

O HAI it's a new Laci Green video! And it's about THE feminism! A brilliant pagga starter!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lSDB6WyPfVI

How can the femimans have the respectful discussions on the lines without telling everyone to rub dongs with their daddy

Comments and questions tonight

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Can we please stop posting stuff from awful people nobody in this thread actually wants to hear from? Even if it's just to mock them? We deplatformed Doug and his hangers on rather uniformly, why not Laci too?

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

nine-gear crow posted:

Yes. It started out as an "And the adventure continues..." epilogue to the original manga, and then Masashi Kishimoto was kind of forced to grudgingly make it a real thing when the internet started screaming for it unironically.

Welp, I legit thought it was just some meme like "bro-ruto" like the bromance between Naruto and Sasuke. Now that I know its real...

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

CharlestheHammer posted:

I’ve also heard it’s pretty decent. Boruto I mean.

yea it's fine, it's super clearly Kishimoto getting held at semi-gunpoint to keep going in a story he hoped would just be a cute one-shot sendoff of Naruto to give fans closure but Kishimoto is real good at shonen bullshit even when there's a mob of fans holding his grandma hostage to keep him working.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

only thing i know about naruto is the fans got bothered by some “bad animation” but i saw the scenes and they looked cool as hell. something about pain as i recall.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Arcsquad12 posted:

She's at George Lucas tier "I meant this all along" on the scale of bullshitting.

I'm pretty sure she is actually bullshitting, like, I haven't seen any in-depth coverage of this stuff, just random tweets that are covered with sarcasm so thick it's like a blanket.

Course the official new content is a rather okay Fantastic Beasts movie and a rather dire play so...

Kim Justice
Jan 29, 2007

nine-gear crow posted:

We deplatformed Doug and his hangers on rather uniformly

Um...since when?

We talk about awful people (or at least, people who the thread generally think are awful/controversial subjects) in this thread all the time, it'd be pretty crap without it

EDIT: Like, this is the only place where folks can talk about a wide range of poo poo without visiting the hellscape that is D&D. Even the good 'uns are often heavily tied into THE DISCOURSE

Kim Justice fucked around with this message at 02:09 on Sep 26, 2018

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Groovelord Neato posted:

only thing i know about naruto is the fans got bothered by some “bad animation” but i saw the scenes and they looked cool as hell. something about pain as i recall.

It's people getting bent out of shape about stuff like this

Which are tween frames in the middle of crazy fluid animation sequences that are on screen for fractions of seconds so that they "smear" together into a coherent moment that the human eye can interpret. People are dumb and don't know how animation actually works.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

My son's name is also Boruto.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

nine-gear crow posted:

Which are tween frames in the middle of crazy fluid animation sequences that are on screen for fractions of seconds so that they "smear" together into a coherent moment that the human eye can interpret. People are dumb and don't know how animation actually works.

Snapping my own neck to own the libs.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
There are some really wonky key frames that are justifiably bad, to be honest.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Detective No. 27 posted:

My son's name is also Boruto.

Fwiw, I've never said the word aloud, but I always pronounce it Bortruto in my head.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

nine-gear crow posted:

plus it's 100% on brand for sasuke to snap his own bitch neck trying to do some cool move to stunt on naruto so it works either way

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Arcsquad12 posted:

Like in Dragon Ball Super. There's always gonna be lovely tween frames but a couple of early episodes managed to look absolutely awful even by regular weekly anime standards.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
yea Dragon Ball is the best comparison, there are some wonk rear end things to point to that aren't just tweens and all but there's way more sick ninja fights in there to make up for it so dwelling on them kinda misses the ninja forest for the weird proportioned trees.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
also this guy makes the ninja forest

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

There are countless episodes of Naruto that have actually terrible animation but the one people choose to point to is the episode where they saw smear animation for the first time in their lives as opposed to say, this dire crap:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jOhzR3r09ys

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

Arcsquad12 posted:

I feel like we should celebrate every time there's a frame- key or otherwise- that ISN'T wonky, given that animators live on ramen and have no life outside of churning out drawings forever.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Augus posted:

There are countless episodes of Naruto that have actually terrible animation but the one people choose to point to is the episode where they saw smear animation for the first time in their lives as opposed to say, this dire crap:

Of all the bizarre things about that scene I'd say the animation is the least of them. Just a bizarrely paced fight with confusing camera angles, and what is with those audio cues?

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

I Before E posted:

Of all the bizarre things about that scene I'd say the animation is the least of them. Just a bizarrely paced fight with confusing camera angles, and what is with those audio cues?

That fight is in pretty sure cut from the original to just show his part. As the original fight involved like four people fighting their clones

In short it’s a fan edit with hard cuts.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

CharlestheHammer posted:

That fight is in pretty sure cut from the original to just show his part. As the original fight involved like four people fighting their clones

In short it’s a fan edit with hard cuts.

Oh that explains a lot

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

Oh, Ashens did another lecture. This time on old Anti-Piracy ads. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zFd60nCBygg

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Augus posted:

A few parts in here look like they were lifted wholesale from Spike and Electra's fight in the Cowboy Bebop film. And then painted much more poorly.

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

I'm just trying to go through life without looking stupid.

It's not working out too well...

Kim Justice posted:

Um...since when?

We talk about awful people (or at least, people who the thread generally think are awful/controversial subjects) in this thread all the time, it'd be pretty crap without it

EDIT: Like, this is the only place where folks can talk about a wide range of poo poo without visiting the hellscape that is D&D. Even the good 'uns are often heavily tied into THE DISCOURSE

Yeah, I don't how we de-platformed any of them. I know that out of the former Channel Awesome producers go, Kyle, Allison, Jacob, and Phelous* don't post in these threads anymore. Unless they were banned, and someone just forgot to ban PirateJenny and Foldable Human, I don't know what that means.

*Although I think Allison did say that wasn't actually Phelous.

Hel
Oct 9, 2012

Jokatgulm is tedium.
Jokatgulm is pain.
Jokatgulm is suffering.

Arcsquad12 posted:

A few parts in here look like they were lifted wholesale from Spike and Electra's fight in the Cowboy Bebop film. And then painted much more poorly.

Are you sure they aren't just copying from the same source, IIRC both Naruto and Cowboy Bebop ripped some Bruce Lee fight straight off. Though of course nerds called it a homage for CB but a ripoff for Naruto.

Max Wilco posted:

Yeah, I don't how we de-platformed any of them. I know that out of the former Channel Awesome producers go, Kyle, Allison, Jacob, and Phelous* don't post in these threads anymore. Unless they were banned, and someone just forgot to ban PirateJenny and Foldable Human, I don't know what that means.

*Although I think Allison did say that wasn't actually Phelous.

I think they mean we don't post the videos of the people that are still connected to Doug, not the ones that left/were driven out. It's pretty insulting to call people like Lindsay and Dan Doug's "hangers on".

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

Hel posted:

Are you sure they aren't just copying from the same source, IIRC both Naruto and Cowboy Bebop ripped some Bruce Lee fight straight off. Though of course nerds called it a homage for CB but a ripoff for Naruto.
I think it has to do more with seemingly straight up tracing cells for reuse akin to how Disney's Robin Hood was essentially assembled out of spar parts left over from other movies (primarily Jungle Book).

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

I'm just trying to go through life without looking stupid.

It's not working out too well...

Hel posted:

I think they mean we don't post the videos of the people that are still connected to Doug, not the ones that left/were driven out. It's pretty insulting to call people like Lindsay and Dan Doug's "hangers on".

Yeah, but I don't think anyone else I listed is still hanging on either. Who else is there? I guess Brad's on the poo poo-list now since he's done videos with Doug still, but then that makes me ask whether Phelan and Allison are somehow guilty by association, since, as far as I know, they're still on good terms with Brad.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Max Wilco posted:

Yeah, but I don't think anyone else I listed is still hanging on either. Who else is there? I guess Brad's on the poo poo-list now since he's done videos with Doug still, but then that makes me ask whether Phelan and Allison are somehow guilty by association, since, as far as I know, they're still on good terms with Brad.

I’m reticent to put words in their mouths, but I’m pretty sure Allison and Phelan both still hate the poo poo outta Doug, as does literally everyone else you listed in your post misinterpreting what I said, but anyway. They both seem to have reduced their number of interactions with Brad since #ChangeTheChannel and Brad becoming literally the only person who wasn’t being paid by Doug directly to stick with him, but that’s between them to sort out as friends, if there’s even anything to sort out.

Basically, Doug is bad and it’s been gauche to post any of his stuff here even in a “lol look at this garbage” capacity for years now, same with CinemaSins, doubly so since many victims of Channel Awesome read and post in this thread (although every day there’s a new argument not to). Brad’s stuff has fallen into the accretion disc of gauche thanks to him siding with Doug over literally every other one of his professional colleagues, but he isn’t quite in the black hole with Doug just yet.

So tl;dr: yes, “we sternly frown upon and don’t actively post anything from people like Doug anymore” was what I meant by “deplatforming” him from this thread.

Kim Justice
Jan 29, 2007

The thread was talking about Doug in a "lol look at what the dick's doing these days" way only a couple of days back. Arsehole though he may be he's still a subject that comes up fairly often. It's not like the thread's only about nice and inoffensive things.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Kim Justice posted:

The thread was talking about Doug in a "lol look at what the dick's doing these days" way only a couple of days back. Arsehole though he may be he's still a subject that comes up fairly often. It's not like the thread's only about nice and inoffensive things.

There's a difference between talking about Doug and posting embedded links to his latest video that gives him money per click, which is what they're talking about regarding deplatforming.

OmanyteJackson
Mar 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Neddy Seagoon posted:

There's a difference between talking about Doug and posting embedded links to his latest video that gives him money per click, which is what they're talking about regarding deplatforming.

And keep him from earning what? .05% of a cent? What people are talking about is just sounds like a general boycott or a plan old thread ban. Deplatforming would be pettitioning the removal of their videos entirely.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Bort is currently a monthly manga in Weekly Jump and is drawn and written by someone else. It sucks.

The anime is more tolerable because its visual and character design is done to match the original anime instead of the kinda not great art from the new manga artist. Like most Studio Pierrot series it alternates between looking like poo poo and having really great action sequences. They busted out every good keyframe artist they have on staff for the big finale and it turned out as one of the most impressive battle scenes in recent memory.

The story is loving bunk though. It's like most not-planned sequels to stuff that utterly blew up in that it reads like someone's really bad fan fiction. Also the manga artist seems to think Sasuke's daughter is sexy- something the anime basically doesn't do.

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

Leaving aside the semantics of "deplatforming," I'd personally prefer if we didn't discuss alt-right or alt-right-adjacent producers. Mainly because, much like Star Wars, that becomes the topic of the thread for several pages and, unlike Star Wars, the discussion gets really depressing and discouraging.

Like, if I wanted a bunch of hyperbolic opinions about how the US is turning into the fourth reich, I'd go to D&D. I'd rather get hyperbolic opinions about how the prequels were either a cinematic masterpiece or the worst bomb ever, since at least that doesn't have much bearing on my personal future.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Which internet super star will make a video about the current Bowsette meme first? I'm hedging my bets on Mat Pat

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Leal posted:

Which internet super star will make a video about the current Bowsette meme first? I'm hedging my bets on Mat Pat

Here's why I gave a Bowsette figure to the pope...

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Leal posted:

PewDiePie already did one.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Takoluka posted:

PewDiePie already did one.

Well poo poo, and here I was thinking the theorist hack would do something like "What happens if you put the bowsette crown on link" and its just a picture of linkle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Leal posted:

Well poo poo, and here I was thinking the theorist hack would do something like "What happens if you put the bowsette crown on link" and its just a picture of linkle.

Someone already did Sans too, so there's not much else for MatPat to cover, unless he wants to see how the Super Crown fits in with the Afton family.