Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Being smaller in size doesn't mean that she can't be 18.

I do hope that AZM and Starlight Kid can have a HZK/Momo like feud because they seem like the future if they keep wrestling for a long time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

TV Zombie posted:

Being smaller in size doesn't mean that she can't be 18.

I do hope that AZM and Starlight Kid can have a HZK/Momo like feud because they seem like the future if they keep wrestling for a long time.

Yeah, but she definitely does not seem 18. I've heard shes a little older than AZM, so my guess is 16 tops.

But yeah, if they both stick with it, they're definitely going to be eternal rivals. They've had some pretty dang good matches thus far, especially for their experience level, and I can definitely see them going hard in a few years.

I feel bad for AZM. I think she's better than Kid, but Kid sells more merch and is generally more over with the crowd. I've considered ordering a one of her shirts, but something about buying a shirt of a 15 year old girl is just the most skeevy feeling thing.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

A quick search of the Stardom merchandise page doesnt' seem to show any AZM merch while Kid has the polo and the dolls. Is there other merch that they sell that's not on the website?

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

TV Zombie posted:

A quick search of the Stardom merchandise page doesnt' seem to show any AZM merch while Kid has the polo and the dolls. Is there other merch that they sell that's not on the website?

Huh, they must have taken it down. Used to be there, probably ran out of stock or something. This is the shirt she used to have up, thanks GIS.

I don't know if they have live-show-specific merch, one of the Japan posters will have to fill us in on that.

Johnny Landmine
Aug 2, 2004

PURE FUCKING AINOGEDDON
There's a lot of merch that's only available at shows - mostly stuff that's specific to individual wrestlers, because in most cases that merch is handled more or less entirely by the wrestlers themselves. I haven't been by the online shop in a while, but I know that you could only get the old Oedo Tai shirts in person because Stardom wasn't involved in them at all, for example.

Demtor
Apr 23, 2008

"...you won't be able to walk, if you're always worried about crushing the ants beneath you..."

Go RV! posted:

I'm not sure that's correct, Momo is 18

That still boggles my mind and is an awesome fact to throw out to others watching her for the first time.

It's really too bad we couldn't get the 9/16 matches when things are coming so close near the finish for some of these wrestlers. I would have loved to see Mayu Iwatani vs Hazuki.

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

So, 9/24 is the final day of the 5*GP! Thanks everyone who's watched and given Stardom money. 9/24 is an interesting show, because they've saved some of the the biggest feuds for the last day. Here's a quick rundown of the who and whys of Monday's tourney matches.

Kagetsu vs Tam Nakano
This one is my most looked forward to match. Tam was removed from Oedo Tai at the beginning of the year, and Oedo Tai proceeded to Whip Her rear end for like 3 months. I don't think we ever got a proper Kagetsu vs Tam singles, so this will proooooobably be a hard hitting grudge match.

Momo Watanabe vs Mayu Iwatani
The two Aces of Stardom battle it out. This is going to be fuckin amazing. I don't have anything in particular to say about this beyond that, but this is gonna be goooooood.

Natsuko Tora vs Jungle Kyona
Hazuki vs Sumire Natsu
Both of these are interesting because they're intra-faction fights. Tora/Kyona will probably be a small hoss-off, and Hazuki/Natsu will probably start comedy and then go hard for a little bit

Saki Kishima vs Jamie Hayter
I really like Hayter, and I think her and Saki should be able to do a pretty dang good match. Should be a good style mesh, I think.

Utami Hayashishita vs Konami
This is where you can see that Utami was slotted in at the last minute replacing Viper. If it was Viper, this would have been a QQ vs QQ match. It's just kind of there right now though. I don't think we've seen Utami against a striker like Konami yet, though.

Nicole Savoy vs Kelly Klein
Rachael Ellering vs Kimber Lee
Throw the gaijin together, it's fine. Hopefully Kimber can get something out of Ellering, but I'm not big on either in this tourney. Nicole has her work really cut out for her though.

Go RV! fucked around with this message at 01:15 on Sep 21, 2018

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

I like Rachael Ellering's promos because they sound like she's video blogging her trip to Stardom

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

Finally able to catch up, and goddamn 9/9 is a SHOW.

Sumire Natsu vs Saki Kishima Hanan is a great match. Natsu is so good at being a lovely comedy heel. Her getting herself hoisted by her own petard, giving Hanan her first win against a non-rookie is one of the feel-good moments of the year

The three way tag was good, but the Savoy/Ellering friendship and Hana coming at the queen Prime Minister makes it extra fun.

Tora and Tam WAY fuckin' overperformed on their match. This was a blood feud before the bell even rang. I didn't expect to give Tora/Tam a must watch, but fuckin, Must Watch. Tora's matches are hit and miss, but when she's hitting, shes hitting hard.

Utami/Kyona is real good. Kyona is a real good power gal with a believable offense, and Utami sells like a champ the back half of the match.

Must Watch for Momo/Hazuki, as if anyone expected anything different. Momo is so goddamn crisp, and everything Hazuki does looks savage. I totally buy that these two hate each other. This feud rules and should last forever. Evil Hazuki is so loving good. Having two time limit draws with the exact same finish back to back is a weird, bad idea, but you gotta do what you gotta do make the math and scheduling work I guess

I watched the block matches for 9/15 too, but neither of them jumped out at me. Maybe I'll go back and watch the tags some other time, but I've still got one more show to get through.

TheHock
Jul 3, 2008

I have altered my retirement plans. Pray I do not alter them any further.
I wouldn't call the 9/16 Kelly Klein vs. Sumire Natsu match worth watching, but it features a can't miss promo by Natsu. It's not an Oedo Tai all time great, but it's offset by a dead serious Kelly promo which really helps.

Johnny Landmine
Aug 2, 2004

PURE FUCKING AINOGEDDON
Kagetsu vs. Tam ended when Hana blindsided Kagetsu with a chair and Tam got the pin in the aftermath.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Johnny Landmine posted:

Kagetsu vs. Tam ended when Hana blindsided Kagetsu with a chair and Tam got the pin in the aftermath.

In PYF moments in pro wrestling, Hana's merch was all on the Oedo Tai table at the beginning of the show, during intermission Oedo Tai dumped all her merch on an empty table.

In PYLF moments in pro wrestling, I couldn't buy Hana Kimura's new shirt because I never caught her at her stand.

Johnny Landmine
Aug 2, 2004

PURE FUCKING AINOGEDDON

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

In PYLF moments in pro wrestling, I couldn't buy Hana Kimura's new shirt because I never caught her at her stand.

why did you still want it though

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

It's one of the coolest shirts in wrestling

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

The Finals of the tournament is up early, when there's a big match, they generally throw it up before the rest.

:siren: If you don't want to know who wins the blocks, don't click on the finals block on the match listing! :siren:

e: FINAL MATCH SPOILERS
The final match was... fine. It was fine. I wouldn't even say it was a highly recommended one if it was just a block match. Mayu bumped around for Utami like a goddamn pinball, though. They really attached a rocket to Utami this tourney, considering she had literally only one match previous to this. I hope it pays off, because she's good, but she's still very green. But since Mayu just faced Kagetsu right before the GP, this probably means that Momo is going to take both belts this weekend.

Super excited to see the rest of the card.

Go RV! fucked around with this message at 03:13 on Sep 25, 2018

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

I really enjoyed the final. Mayu/Momo was match of the night and one of the better tournament matches though.

Also I went to the BJW show after Stardom and Mayu and Saki were a few rows in front of me.

Demtor
Apr 23, 2008

"...you won't be able to walk, if you're always worried about crushing the ants beneath you..."

Go RV! posted:

The Finals of the tournament is up early, when there's a big match, they generally throw it up before the rest.

:siren: If you don't want to know who wins the blocks, don't click on the finals block on the match listing! :siren:

e: FINAL MATCH SPOILERS
The final match was... fine. It was fine. I wouldn't even say it was a highly recommended one if it was just a block match. Mayu bumped around for Utami like a goddamn pinball, though. They really attached a rocket to Utami this tourney, considering she had literally only one match previous to this. I hope it pays off, because she's good, but she's still very green. But since Mayu just faced Kagetsu right before the GP, this probably means that Momo is going to take both belts this weekend.

Super excited to see the rest of the card.

:what: Why did they do this?? First it took them a reeaaally long time to post the 9/16 matches (glad they did finally, but drat) and then I click to view the awesome arrangement of the 9/24 matches and WHAM, there is the final. Welp, guess I know the results of all the other matches now. So much for diligently following the points race to build the tension for the last matches. Thanks for that. *eyeroll* What the hell? Pretty hosed up way to finish a tournament's final day by making GBS threads on all the other matches with the finalists shown first.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

Yeah, I dunno. Last year, they had the logo with "Red Stars Winner vs Blue Stars Winner" for the final match. I'm not sure why they didn't do that again this year. Seems like a pretty big oversight.

They've fixed it now, though.

What they've been doing is, since the Twitter spoils things as they occur, they try and get the big matches up first, so that people don't have to wait. Like when Kagetsu won the title, they put that one up the next day, rather than making us wait for them to finish the previous show and then the show that mained.

They should have labeled it better, but I do think it's a good thing overall.

Go RV! fucked around with this message at 16:58 on Sep 26, 2018

• Locked thread