Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Better
This poll is closed.
John Zandig 107 75.35%
DJ Hyde 35 24.65%
Total: 142 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

DDT will be part of WWN's Wrestlemania weekend

https://twitter.com/ddtpro_eng/status/1044587960476172288?s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

YES

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Also that DDT press release says wXw will be on the WWN show (along with EVOLVE, PROGRESS and Shimmer), was wXw confirmed before? I'm guessing not if Bix wasn't sure the event was even going ahead so that's a pretty big thing for them to slip up and let out.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Nope, first news of wXw too

quote:

DDT Pro-Wrestling will finally make its way to the U.S., participating in WWN LIVE EXPERIENCE 2019 which will be held during April 4-6 in New York City. This event will also feature promotions such as EVOLVE, SHIMMER, wXw, Kaiju Big Battel, etc. The WWN Supershow, featuring matches from each promotion, will also be held during this period. Details of venues, dates, participating wrestlers, ticket information, etc., will be announced once they are decided.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

rovert posted:

How and where Beyond Wrestling falls will be interesting.

Drew has ties to equal sides of the divide.

Will CZW exist then too!

I think Drew had brought up not running a WM show this year somewhere on twitter. It's been a while though

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

progress not with wwn

Only registered members can see post attachments!

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Super No Vacancy posted:

progress not with wwn

Bad graphic design even for wrestling.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Progress is NXT UK

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

KungFu Grip posted:

Progress is NXT UK

Yeah what a coincidence that perfectly aligns with their whole fascist vibe

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

exploded mummy posted:

I think Drew had brought up not running a WM show this year somewhere on twitter. It's been a while though

https://twitter.com/beyondwrestling/status/1044627886936752128

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

We’ve hit the oversaturation point for Mania weekend.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

sportsgenius86 posted:

We’ve hit the oversaturation point for Mania weekend.

As I said on Twitter the January NXT class is another indie wrestler grab.

Big Bidness
Aug 2, 2004

Yeah, Wrestlemania ruins a weekend of really cool wrestling.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
One of the best matches of 2018

https://twitter.com/OTT_wrestling/status/1044637035926114305

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
WALTER is consistently good. He's had an amazing year and I'm gonna be sad when he finally goes to wwe.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Kaiju is cool but I can live without ever seeing another Evolve-adjacent show ever again.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

I was thinking of

https://twitter.com/beyondwrestling/status/1024509688304607232

but glad to see Drew confirmed my scoop

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!

coconono posted:

Kaiju is cool but I can live without ever seeing another Evolve-adjacent show ever again.
Also, if they do the post-Mania Kaiju party/tequila promotional event thing again, why even go to the regular show? The Sunday night event was legitimately the most fun I had start to finish at a wrestling related event during Mania weekend, and that includes shows I absolutely loved live like Supershow and Spring Break.

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

The_Rob posted:

WALTER is consistently good. He's had an amazing year and I'm gonna be sad when he finally goes to wwe.
can't wait to see him as kane's chunky austrian lovechild

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

The_Rob posted:

Hopefully we get to see him face LA Park before he goes to the fascist corporatists

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Jenkem Delivery posted:

Hopefully we get to see him face LA Park before he goes to the fascist corporatists

well hell probably end up in NXT for a while, not ROH.

deadkiller615
Aug 7, 2007
yea, I kill dead stuff. so what?

I think Beyond will still have a show. Drew is always a pessimist and its still half a year away.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

deadkiller615 posted:

I think Beyond will still have a show. Drew is always a pessimist and its still half a year away.

I'd like for him to run, but I look at the last two years and cant blame him.

I dunno how much they swung the gate deals with Gabe, but he keeps getting the HOF day midnight slots and no one comes because they're over at the HOF or Wrestlecon

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

I think I would want to see WALTER vs Brock once. In watching the Devlin vs WALTER match, I wonder why Starr's out there since he's never beaten WALTER despite multiple matchups, am I right?

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/wrestlecon/status/1044726690872795136

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Hammerstein not having a show Mania weekend is kind of sad

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006

EugeneJ posted:

Sadness is WWE's chief export

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

roh and tna should run The Chris Jericho Cruise - Dry Land Edition at the hammerstein why not

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
PWInsider reported this two weeks ago:

quote:

World Wrestling Entertainment officials were at The Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts, a NYC complex that houses the Metropolitan Opera, The New York Philharmonic, The New York Ballet and more in different theaters, looking at their historic venues for potential use over Wrestlemania week next year in New York City, PWInsider.com can exclusively confirm.

While the company is still looking for a location for the 2019 AXXESS gathering, the theatrical set-up of the venues in the Lincoln Center Complex would not lend itself to that convention-style event. It would appear the company may have been looking at the Complex for another reason, perhaps its annual presentation meeting with partners and licensees, its usual jobs fair for military veterans or even another new, potential event that has never been done over Wrestlemania weekend.

Lincoln Center is located just a short distance from mid-town Manhattan, which would put it within reach of the Barclays Center, where all the Wrestlemania week live events as well as Metlife Stadium, where Wrestlemania 35 will take place in April 2019.

Since it opened in 1955, Lincoln Center has never hosted am actual professional wrestling event, but did house the New York City premiere screening of Mickey Rourke's film The Wrestler at Avery Fisher Hall at the Complex in October 2008.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Looking at the promotions that haven't announced yet, I could see MLW/House of Hardcore/Impact/The Crash doing something together

Give me RVD vs. Low Ki at Hammerstein or something equally nutty

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

EugeneJ posted:

Looking at the promotions that haven't announced yet, I could see MLW/House of Hardcore/Impact/The Crash doing something together

Give me RVD vs. Low Ki at Hammerstein or something equally nutty

I imagine at least the last three will be on Wrestlecon again?

Willninho
Aug 14, 2007
It’s basically my commute so it’s doable but I think the lucha bros are double booked mlw and WrestleCon.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

EugeneJ posted:

It's expensive as hell to run and the sightlines suck.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:

MassRafTer posted:

It's expensive as hell to run and the sightlines suck.

yeah the hammerstein is complete garbage. balcony at ROH last year was awful, was sitting on the same height behind a huge dude and literally couldn't see down to half the ring through him, was indefensibly bad, much like ROH as a company

seeing TNA at the other ballroom thing at the manhattan center was actually a much better experience even if it's a lot of flat seating, surprised no one has just run that room since

Von Linus
Apr 6, 2006
I complete me.

TV Zombie posted:

I think I would want to see WALTER vs Brock once. In watching the Devlin vs WALTER match, I wonder why Starr's out there since he's never beaten WALTER despite multiple matchups, am I right?

David Starr had a belter of a match with Jordan, Then they got friendly in real life, palling up on social media etc. Then they came out for a tag match against Walter and Low Ki to 'We Belong', so it's established Starr Likes Devlin and Cannot Beat Walter. So him coming out with the towel adds the wrinkle that he might throw in the towel to stop Devlin doing what he cannot, beat Walter. People in the crowd were screaming at him to get rid of the towel. Genius booking tbh.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
I was wondering what's up with Melrose Ballroom, which is my new favorite NYC wrestling venue, and it turns out MLW did announce a taping there (https://mlw.com/2018/09/24/details-for-mlws-april-4-nyc-tv-taping-revealed/):

quote:

Major League Wrestling (“MLW”) will return to New York City with a FUSION TV taping for beIN SPORTS at the Melrose Ballroom on Thursday night April 4th.

Tickets will go on sale Wednesday October 10th at 10 a.m. ET at https://www.mlwtickets.com.

“This is the biggest weekend of the year for wrestling. You gotta bring it to compete with so much great product,” said MLW CEO Court Bauer. “While I can’t publicly reveal the April 4th main event today, I can confirm we’ve locked in a BIG match. This is one the fans have been asking for.”

The card will feature:

World Heavyweight Champion Low Ki
LA Park
World Tag Team Champions Pentagon Jr. & Rey Fenix
Konnan
“Filthy” Tom Lawlor
World Middleweight Champion MJF with Aria Blake
Tony Schiavone
Salina de la Renta and many more

So I guess what we know so far is:

Thursday April 4
MLW Taping @ Melrose Ballroom, Queens (on sale Oct 10)
WWN Live @ La Boom, Queens
Wrestlecon Supershow (7pm) @ Hilton Midtown, Manhattan (on sale now)
GCW Collective @ White Eagle Hall, Jersey City
- 12am: AIW

Friday April 5
WWE Hall of Fame Ceremony @ ???
WWN Live @ La Boom, Queens
Wrestlecon Joey Ryan's Penis Party (8pm) @ Hilton Midtown, Manhattan (on sale Sept 26)

Saturday April 6
NXT TakeOver (5:30pm?) @ Barclays Center, Brooklyn
ROH + NJPW G1 Supercard (7:30pm) @ Madison Square Garden, Manhattan (on sale now)
WWN Live @ ???, Brooklyn

Sunday April 7
Wrestlemania 35 @ MetLife Stadium, Somewhere obnoxiously far away in Jersey

Monday April 8
WWE Raw @ Barclays Center, Brooklyn

Tuesday April 9
WWE Smackdown @ Barclays Center, Brooklyn

GCW Collective includes: AIW, ???
WWN Live includes: WWN brands (EVOLVE, SHINE, FIP, Viva la Lucha, ACW, Supershow), SHIMMER, Kaiju Big Battel, DDT, WXW

Stuff missing:

- Impact, which actually be worth seeing this year! I suspect they may be running Impact Friday or Saturday at the Melrose Ballroom, same as where MLW is running and where Bound for Glory is this year
- Progress! This might get rolled into Axxess or something (which is also up in the air right now), but I don't know, I could see them trying to run a big show. This is the one where I start thinking Hammerstein/Manhattan Center comes into play, or, knowing Progress's love of punk rock pro wrestling, maybe they run an absolute shithole like Terminal 5
- Various local indies, like House of Glory, which I imagine will just run normal-ish shows with a few guests at their regular venues
- Handful of further-out northeast indies like Chikara, House of Hardcore, etc. might team up with Wrestlecon or GCW or something
- Beyond will not be there because it's too crowded :(

Personally, I feel like I'll wind up going to a bunch of WWN stuff, and a few GCW-presented shows. I am worried about the travel time between GCW's venue and WWN's being 65-90 minutes, so hopefully timing works out. Also Wrestlecon sounds awful but maybe the Joey Ryan thing will have some inspired weird-rear end booking, I dunno.

abraham linksys fucked around with this message at 09:50 on Sep 26, 2018

Roque11
Aug 7, 2016
https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/other-sports/wrestling/progress-world-champion-walter-tyler-13309712

"Your popularity has also sparked some rumours that WWE are interested in signing you. Would you entertain signing with WWE at this stage in your career?

I don’t know if I mentioned this but being a part of the Raw or SmackDown roster is nothing I am interested in. I don’t want to live in the US. I really like NXT though, I think it's a great product, filled with the best talent in the world and is focused on competition in the ring, which is something I enjoy. I don’t want to say it will never happen because in wrestling things change so quick."

There's Fenix, Pentagon, ACH and now this guy. Indie promoters are most definitely shaking in their boots at the thought of the next class that will be reporting to the performance center.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
Where can I stream Progress? For some reason it says Highspots but I couldn't find poo poo.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

SalTheBard posted:

Where can I stream Progress? For some reason it says Highspots but I couldn't find poo poo.

https://demandprogress.pivotshare.com/home

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

SalTheBard posted:

There is a little Progress on Highspots (https://www.highspotswrestlingnetwork.com/authors/progress-wrestling/7255/media) but yeah, the Progress Pivotshare is where you want to go.